Gary Mackay

jamborich

Sheriff Fatman

I don't know about credit cards but they certainly accept debit cards

Yup they do, but not many businesses use debit cards, they use credit cards.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jam Tarts 1874

Insurance agent: "How much was in the bag?"

Shopkeeper: "?11,500"

Probably not. Most commercial insurance policies will have a much lower limit than ?11,500 for cash outside of the safe, even if it is just a 30 yard walk to his car.

Bearing in mind where Mr Amjad's shop is, it might be that he has very little insurance at all due to the number of attempted break-ins etc over the near 40 years he has been there.

Mr Amjad's OK and has had to put up with alot over the years.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The last few pars have no place in that report but I'm not sure why people are moaning about the line the EEN are taking. It's fair enough

Gregory House M.D.

Ryan will be found not guilty!

That is a fact from someone who can see into the future so please stop debating something that is distressing for a lot of people.

:cornette:

My first thought on picking up the paper was 'guaranteed there will be the usual shitehawk comments on Kickback'.

All the best Ryan lad.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

This goon does over an old man yet we're wishing him well and basically blaming the old fella for having nearly ?12k on him in the first place/making assumptions about tax dodging from 'Asians'.

Great stuff.

I hope the cretin gets bossed in the showers when he eventually does time for this. All the people that seem to know him/are mates with him on this thread are the usual wrong'uns as well. Funny that. :o

Nucky Thompson

This goon does over an old man yet we're wishing him well and basically blaming the old fella for having nearly ?12k on him in the first place/making assumptions about tax dodging from 'Asians'.

Great stuff.

I hope the cretin gets bossed in the showers when he eventually does time for this. All the people that seem to know him/are mates with him on this thread are the usual wrong'uns as well. Funny that. :o

ALLEGEDLY

Gregory House M.D.

My first thought on picking up the paper was 'guaranteed there will be the usual shitehawk comments on Kickback'.

All the best Ryan lad.

Attacks 72 year year old.

Becomes top LAD.

:vrface:

Some funny folk on this thread-not, does not fit to me knowing the lad plus the asian shopkeeper walking about with ?11k in a bag in broad daylight, a decent lawyer is what is required.

Asian shopkeepers always carry wads of cash. I've been stuck behind them a few times in Costco when they've bought all their alcohol and cigarettes in cash and it's fecking annoying! Some kind of tax dodge me thinks

That was my first thought as well. I saw the article and read that a honest, hard working man has been robbed and my immediate thought was that something must be up as he is "Asian".ermm.gif

What a world to live in. The lad Mackay has had a rough time, so we are sympathetic but these funny lookin' dudes carry lots of cash about, well, it's almost his own fault, eh!

On the topic of the thread, this has nothing to do with Hearts and is not a football story. This should be in the Shed.

Nucky Thompson

Those presuming he's guilty before a trail are probably the same mugs who believe everything the Sun prints as gospel!

ALLEGEDLY

Do me a favour :rofl:

You're quick to accuse 'Asian' people of tax dodging..all because they held you up at Costco. laugh.gif

Yet you're falling over yourself to peddle the "innocent until proven guilty" chat for this Ryan weapon despite people knowing him basically saying it happened and there being a news story about it.

Nucky Thompson

That was my first thought as well. I saw the article and read that a honest, hard working man has been robbed and my immediate thought was that something must be up as he is "Asian".ermm.gif

What a world to live in. The lad Mackay has had a rough time, so we are sympathetic but these funny lookin' dudes carry lots of cash about, well, it's almost his own fault, eh!

On the topic of the thread, this has nothing to do with Hearts and is not a football story. This should be in the Shed.

I was giving a reason why the dude might be carrying a lot of cash as I've seen first hand that a lot of Asian, coloured gentlemen or whatever you want to call them use this method to pay at the cash and carry. I never suggested they looked dodgey or funny. Can you not mention Asian without it being dressed up as racist :rolleyes:

I was giving a reason why the dude might be carrying a lot of cash as I've seen first hand that a lot of Asian, coloured gentlemen or whatever you want to call them use this method to pay at the cash and carry. I never suggested they looked dodgey or funny. Can you not mention Asian without it being dressed up as racist :rolleyes:

FFS.

:cornette:

:vrface:

Nucky Thompson

Do me a favour :rofl:

You're quick to accuse 'Asian' people of tax dodging..all because they held you up at Costco. laugh.gif

Yet you're falling over yourself to peddle the "innocent until proven guilty" chat for this Ryan weapon despite people knowing him basically saying it happened and there being a news story about it.

Aye that's right, I called all Asian people tax dodgers :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

People who pay cash are clearly dodgy.

Even more so if they're cash paying Asians.

:stare:

No dressing up whatsoever. Simply because you have been behind a few guys at Costco paying cash, you suggest that they are tax dodgers. It was all there in your post.

Aye that's right, I called all Asian people tax dodgers :rolleyes:

Don't Straw Man this, petal. Face up to being the rancid bigot that you are. I'm sure this has happened before with your snidely implied prejudice that's really about as disguised as slapping me in the face with a KKK hood :vrface:

You said:

Asian shopkeepers always carry wads of cash. I've been stuck behind them a few times in Costco when they've bought all their alcohol and cigarettes in cash and it's fecking annoying! Some kind of tax dodge me thinks

No, you didn't say 'all' Asians are tax dodgers. Because that would just be beyond stupid, right? No, what you did instead is just suspect the Asian people paying by cash of being tax dodgers all for having the temerity to pay by cash and hold you up for maybe a minute. And being Asian, of course. Woops - did I infer that? Sorry.

But you didn't say all Asians are like this, so it's fine. You're actually not the tragic, cowardly racist that you come across as.

Nucky Thompson

No dressing up whatsoever. Simply because you have been behind a few guys at Costco paying cash, you suggest that they are tax dodgers. It was all there in your post.

I just found it odd that someone would pull out thousands in cash at a shop, I've never saw that amount of readies before. A few guys were questioning if the guy who was allegedly robbed had that amount on him and I gave an example why he might

Gregory House M.D.

I just found it odd that someone would pull out thousands in cash at a shop, I've never saw that amount of readies before. A few guys were questioning if the guy who was allegedly robbed had that amount on him and I gave an example why he might

So you immediately generalised a race and called them tax-dodgers. :facepalm:

Nucky Thompson

Don't Straw Man this, petal. Face up to being the rancid bigot that you are. I'm sure this has happened before with your snidely implied prejudice that's really about as disguised as slapping me in the face with a KKK hood :vrface:

You said:

No, you didn't say 'all' Asians are tax dodgers. Because that would just be beyond stupid, right? No, what you did instead is just suspect the Asian people paying by cash of being tax dodgers all for having the temerity to pay by cash and hold you up for maybe a minute. And being Asian, of course. Woops - did I infer that? Sorry.

But you didn't say all Asians are like this, so it's fine. You're actually not the tragic, cowardly racist that you come across as.

Oh FFS :lol: You got me dude

Creepy Lurker

Whilst a lot of that article could've certainly been omitted, the fact that the alleged perpetrator of the assault is a well known local figure's son is certainly newsworthy.

So, to clarify, it was one dude? Not lots of occasions? If that is the case, it makes it seem even more daft to refer to his race. I don't think you are racist, I think you are just jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

Everyone who has ever met Ryan is a racist wrong 'un then... Why? Cos JKB said so.

Unless posts have been removed, I cannot see one single post suggesting this. I have no idea if Ryan is racist or not. Just as I have no idea if he is guilty or innocent. I, like others, am only commenting on the thread.

loveofthegame

So, to clarify, it was one dude? Not lots of occasions? If that is the case, it makes it seem even more daft to refer to his race. I don't think you are racist, I think you are just jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

Unless posts have been removed, I cannot see one single post suggesting this. I have no idea if Ryan is racist or not. Just as I have no idea if he is guilty or innocent. I, like others, am only commenting on the thread.

I hope the cretin gets bossed in the showers when he eventually does time for this. All the people that seem to know him/are mates with him on this thread are the usual wrong'uns as well. Funny that.

Posted by some fud above.

Gregory House M.D.

Everyone who has ever met Ryan is a racist wrong 'un then... Why? Cos JKB said so.

:goodone:

I hope the cretin gets bossed in the showers when he eventually does time for this. All the people that seem to know him/are mates with him on this thread are the usual wrong'uns as well. Funny that.

Well spotted. I did indeed call the people who know him wrong'uns.

I didn't call you racist though. But you are a wrong'un. A huge one.

Fair enough, but hardly sufficient to be a "JKB said so" situation. One dude posts something you disagree with, why not challenge that? When I say challenge, I obviously mean by responding directly to his post.

Nucky Thompson

Nah mate more than once. I only refered to his race because the thread was about an Asian shopkeeper getting robbed carrying a lot of cash. I think I'll take a step back from this thread now

loveofthegame

Fair enough, but hardly sufficient to be a "JKB said so" situation. One dude posts something you disagree with, why not challenge that? When I say challenge, I obviously mean by responding directly to his post.

True. But i can't be bothered responding directly to the fud and giving him the satisfaction. He'd be using it as his material for weeks.

I knew Ryan from a young age, we where mates when we where teens through playing football, and its sad that he's been charged with this serious crime. That's all i originally came onto this thread to say. People getting excited about him doing time are pathetic.

This thread can sure make you wonder when you had responded to a previous thread about being proud to be Scottish. Some of the comments on here are to say the least scandalous.

The facts as I read them in the media is that the son of a former Hearts player has been charged. It is alleged he bodily removed from a 72 year old man a substantial amount of money. the man who is of Asian descent is the proprietor of a small business..From my perspective it is reasonable to assume that the money involved was business related.

I seems the JKB opinions range from because the accused was a nice laddie its a surprise, surprisingly many thieves I know or have known were pretty good guys, they just had a wee bit difficulty with the concept of ownership. As for the victims ethnic back ground and the fact it seems to raise questions in some minds in this multi cultural society that is B.C. it is not unusual for Asian person(s) to carry what to us is substantial sums. One reason many of them are quite rich, another is that they have a complete distrust of banks, and also don't want anyone to know their actual worth. \as far as the excessive money in Costco here, many of the corner shop owners purchase their goods in bulk at Costco and sell them at a profit in their small store.

Finally this constant business of other team persons, supporters, players being accused of something bring immediate opinions of guilty, guilty, he must be because he is one of them. Conversely when the individual is Hearts related, he is innocent until proven guilty. Hearts supporters are not alone in this parochial practise, and quite frankly this is my chagrin with the Scottish attitude now, if he is one of us he is a good lad, and as aforesaid about others.

It has to be accepted there are good and bad everywhere every race, color and creed,team they support, we can sympathise with and support the families, but let us not continue a practise because it is one of ours the other person, as in this case must be guilty of something and not just proceeding with his money as he chooses to carry it.

The last couple paragraphs are an embarrassment to what was once a good newspaper.

reading ALAN McEWEN in the evening news you'd think it was gary mackay who committed a crime. the report is a disgrace and if i were gary i'd be hoping i bumped into MR McEWEN and give him what he deserves. i'll let you imagine what that is.

I knew Ryan from a young age, we where mates when we where teens through playing football, and its sad that he's been charged with this serious crime. That's all i originally came onto this thread to say. People getting excited about him doing time are pathetic.

If he did the crime and is found guilty by a jury of his peers then I hope he suffers for what he has done.

I honestly don't give a baboons arse who his dad is, what race the victim was & also what the EEN try and pass of as journalism.

Some people on here are attempting to defend the indefensible in that an elderly businessman is stereotyped as being either

A. involved in tax fraud

B. Dodgy

C. involved in insurance fraud or

D. all of the above just because some scumbag mugged him for the takings from his shop.

You really couldn't make it up at times!

reading ALAN McEWEN in the evening news you'd think it was gary mackay who committed a crime. the report is a disgrace and if i were gary i'd be hoping i bumped into MR McEWEN and give him what he deserves. i'll let you imagine what that is.

Surely Gary Mackay is in no position to give journalism lessons.

Drylaw Hearts

Gary would probably jump on his back as he was walking away.

This thread is unpleasant. And depressing.

:oldsad:

repulsive is the word I would use.

I am in little doubt the boy did it after seeing the wankers here giving it the "good lad Ryan, all the best" patter. :down:

Radioactive Mince

We all go through tough times mate but he's a shite house for mugging old folk plain and simple,and other people who claim to be toilin don't have the luxury of a Colinton Mains address or an auld man whos a football agent and is certainly not skinto banko!

I very nearly moved to Colinton Mains Crescent about five years ago. I'd say it was more Oxgangs myself.

I moved to Calder Drive instead, so you can see that the prices of rents were comparable...

EDIT: And I thought I'd taken the thread off topic...

The way this thread has went doesn't surprise me. Before CT was charged it was the sun making up stories or the wee lassies making up shite.

The Asian chat coincidently is the worst ever heard on here by the way, same people will be saying Scotland are some kind of racists towards Lithuania too. Pathetic.

southside1874

This thread can sure make you wonder when you had responded to a previous thread about being proud to be Scottish. Some of the comments on here are to say the least scandalous.

The facts as I read them in the media is that the son of a former Hearts player has been charged. It is alleged he bodily removed from a 72 year old man a substantial amount of money. the man who is of Asian descent is the proprietor of a small business..From my perspective it is reasonable to assume that the money involved was business related.

I seems the JKB opinions range from because the accused was a nice laddie its a surprise, surprisingly many thieves I know or have known were pretty good guys, they just had a wee bit difficulty with the concept of ownership. As for the victims ethnic back ground and the fact it seems to raise questions in some minds in this multi cultural society that is B.C. it is not unusual for Asian person(s) to carry what to us is substantial sums. One reason many of them are quite rich, another is that they have a complete distrust of banks, and also don't want anyone to know their actual worth. \as far as the excessive money in Costco here, many of the corner shop owners purchase their goods in bulk at Costco and sell them at a profit in their small store.

Finally this constant business of other team persons, supporters, players being accused of something bring immediate opinions of guilty, guilty, he must be because he is one of them. Conversely when the individual is Hearts related, he is innocent until proven guilty. Hearts supporters are not alone in this parochial practise, and quite frankly this is my chagrin with the Scottish attitude now, if he is one of us he is a good lad, and as aforesaid about others.

It has to be accepted there are good and bad everywhere every race, color and creed,team they support, we can sympathise with and support the families, but let us not continue a practise because it is one of ours the other person, as in this case must be guilty of something and not just proceeding with his money as he chooses to carry it.

That is why I started the thread about being proud to be Scottish. My personal opinion is that some Hearts fans are having to dig deep just now because they are constantly berated by the media. Honestly its like learning how to count again as I watch what unfolds. After Bankers, journalsts must be the most horrible creatures on earth that have not one moral in their body.

Decent lad who had fallen on tough times, he's trying to get his head right and is working nowadays :thumbsup:

::troll:::'>

Always backing the wrong horse Speedbump....first big Deeks now Ryan.

When will it end?

::troll:::'>

Always backing the wrong horse Speedbump....first big Deeks now Ryan.

When will it end?

I've known the young lad Mackay for many years and he's a good lad IMO.

I'd just like to add that my initial comment in no way had anything to do with the guys race at all.

Nor am I defending the actions of a young laddie robbing an old man.

The only questions I'd asked were why an old geezer was walking through Clovie with that amount of cash. I'm not an old geezer and knowing the area, i'd feel pretty uneasy walking about with that amount of cash.

Also - knowing the shop and the area from growing up in the area, I certainly wouldnt be leaving ?11.5k of takings in the shop. I'm no expert on the matter, but that surely has to amount to 2-3 weeks of takings.... No danger i'd be leaving that kinda money lying about there.

Hope that doesnt land me in the repulsive depressing unbelievable 'wrong-un' category.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A pretty interesting window in to the views of a cross-section of society. I am not vaive and obviously realise there are folk out there with all kinds of weird prejudices but... Seeing it laid bare in black and white above, it is still quite disturbing to read.

Archived