Hallelujah...

I.T.K

I'll believe it when I see it. This is FIFA we're talking about, although I think it would be a good thing to see it implemented

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Ah, so when you said Premier League, you meant English Premier League. I thought this was going to affect HMFC at first.

After much thought I am now against it. What if, we are playing sellick, Brines is ref ....... Sellick shoot, the ball bounces of the underside of cross bar and Johnsson picks up and fires it over everyone to Stevo who gets the ball and scores (and in the mean time they claim a goal themselves) at what point do you a stop the game to see if the smellies shot actually crossed the line because the ball when rebounded is still effectively in play?

After much thought I am now against it. What if, we are playing sellick, Brines is ref ....... Sellick shoot, the ball bounces of the underside of cross bar and Johnsson picks up and fires it over everyone to Stevo who gets the ball and scores (and in the mean time they claim a goal themselves) at what point do you a stop the game to see if the smellies shot actually crossed the line because the ball when rebounded is still effectively in play?

I think when the ball crosses the line within a second a buzzer in the ear if the ref an assistants let's them know

As already posted, and stated in the link, there will be buzzer within one second.

The system will just tell ref the ball crossed the line. The ref will still award the goal.

Hence if some scores by punching the ball in the the net the system will 'buzz' the ref, but he can still chop it off for the foul.

I watch a lot of sports on TV, NHL, CFL,NFL,and all use video technology to assess questionable calls. Its excellent when sitting in a warm house watching TV, but the delays for examination can be extensive. I love it ,hope they can do something, but if it is only to establish if the ball went over the line, it still does not cover how it was directed over the line. But large ventures start with small steps.

I think when the ball crosses the line within a second a buzzer in the ear if the ref an assistants let's them know

Does anyone have that picture of the player(maybe galatasary) with the ball squashed onto his face?

Look at the ball and tell me the sensor in the ball(which i guess would be in the middle) will stay in place whilst being blootered around a football park for 90mins!

As already posted, and stated in the link, there will be buzzer within one second.

The system will just tell ref the ball crossed the line. The ref will still award the goal.

Hence if some scores by punching the ball in the the net the system will 'buzz' the ref, but he can still chop it off for the foul.

Didn't have time to read the link (on lunch in work at the time). I still think there are flaws. If Brines gets a buzzer in his ear after we score against Sellick who is to say the cheating kant wont claim to have not heard it - we already know he has lied in the past.

Does anyone have that picture of the player(maybe galatasary) with the ball squashed onto his face?

Look at the ball and tell me the sensor in the ball(which i guess would be in the middle) will stay in place whilst being blootered around a football park for 90mins!

Personally I think, or I would, use cameras to track the position of the ball and therefore you would not need a sensor. What you can do with cameras technology and software these days is pretty awsome. If they did go down the sensor route then Im sure it would it would be robust.

Didn't have time to read the link (on lunch in work at the time). I still think there are flaws. If Brines gets a buzzer in his ear after we score against Sellick who is to say the cheating kant wont claim to have not heard it - we already know he has lied in the past.

Well in this scenario Brines is cheating and not the system I would also assume that system would log 'the goal event' and potently relay it to all officials.

Compared to technology that is used around us each day to impove our life, be it the computers to sort out post, the computers that control our cars, or the satilights spinning in the sky, watching a ball go throughout a rectangle is nothing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15866363.stm

Football starting to move forward! thumbsup.gif

They could have done with it for the Hobos goal against Killie on Saturday the ball was over the bye line by about a foot before Sproulle crossed it for that **** Griffiths to tap it at the Killie goalie only for him to help it into the net.

To make matters worse on the Sportscene highlights the commentator actually said Sproulle had JUST ABOUT KEPT THE BALL IN PLAY. No wonder Levenson is having an enquiry into Journalism!!

They could have done with it for the Hobos goal against Killie on Saturday the ball was over the bye line by about a foot before Sproulle crossed it for that **** Griffiths to tap it at the Killie goalie only for him to help it into the net.

To make matters worse on the Sportscene highlights the commentator actually said Sproulle had JUST ABOUT KEPT THE BALL IN PLAY. No wonder Levenson is having an enquiry into Journalism!!

I like your thinking.

I'm pretty sure that the system could be expanded to do that in the future. If fact, while not being an expert, I think with a number of cameras it would be quite easy to follow ball around the pitch as well as players. Therefore with some neat software you could detected off sides etc.

Let be clear this will cost money. But the data recorded can be sold to the TV companies, betting companies, and the football clubs. If we can track how ball and players are moving we can get all kind's of great statistics to entertain us.

Archived