Inverness appeal

1874robbo

Sorry if this has been posted already.

I see on sky news that an Inverness fan has donated ?1000 to the club to pay for the lad Tanseys appeal.

Well done to whoever it is. ?

Sorry if this has been posted already.

I see on sky news that an Inverness fan has donated ?1000 to the club to pay for the lad Tanseys appeal.

Well done to whoever it is. ?

Well done indeed!!!

o'reilly should have had the balls to admit his mistake and rescinded the red himself!

btw, just noticed brines is back reffing in the SPL this weekend.

btw, just noticed brines is back reffing in the SPL this weekend.

your not trying to say he may have had a ban for telling porkies, but was not announced are you

your not trying to say he may have had a ban for telling porkies, but was not announced are you

:whistling:

if only the SFA were the kind of organisation you could trust to be open and transparent, in there dealings with 'poor' refereeing performances eh? :rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado

:whistling:

if only the SFA were the kind of organisation you could trust to be open and transparent, in there dealings with 'poor' refereeing performances eh? :rolleyes:

Aye,is it really too much to ask? We know they make mistakes but we also know they lie to cover things up. Transparency would be wonderful.

The thing is here, they will win the appeal and all will be rosey ... the damage was done though, they played a game for an hour with 10 men and Celtic won, who now cares if the lad is back playing.

Old Firm win again.

stirlingshirejambo

They won their appeal and the the referee has admitted it wasn't even a booking.

So the game changes Celtic go on to beat 10 men and Inverness's only consolation is the player is available next week.

mahgrassyshoes

It would be interesting to see how many appeals are made and rescinded each season in Scotland and which opposition the player receiving the red card was playing against. I suspect a high number of these would be against the OF I supect, but these suspicions are often wrong.

On a tangent, a boy a work was telling me that Celtic haven't won against 11 men since september, anyone know if there's any truth in that?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The thing is here, they will win the appeal and all will be rosey ... the damage was done though, they played a game for an hour with 10 men and Celtic won, who now cares if the lad is back playing.

Old Firm win again.

Like when Fyssas was sent off against them. I can remember a Celtic-supporting mate at the time telling me the SFA were biased against Celtic because the red card was rescinded! :lol:

What a moron.

On a tangent, a boy a work was telling me that Celtic haven't won against 11 men since september, anyone know if there's any truth in that?

Nah, they won last night (just), without Dunfermline losing any players, or infact getting any bookings from what I remember of looking at the bbc page last night.

Not sure about before that though.

mahgrassyshoes

Yup..last night was the first win against 11 men since 24th September.

http://news.bbc.co.u...lts/default.stm

Fabulous, must be that institutional bias against the Kafflicks! Cheers. :thumbsup:

Nah, they won last night (just), without Dunfermline losing any players, or infact getting any bookings from what I remember of looking at the bbc page last night.

Not sure about before that though.

Forgot they were playing the Pars last night. The boy who said it was telling me that yesterday so it seems it was valid at the time!

Malinga the Swinga

They were always going to win the appeal (and it was never even a booking) as they are playing us next, and the SFA will be keen for Inverness to have all players available. celtic play against 10 men and get 3 points, Inverness get player back for next match against us, and everyone's a winner.

The ref should be asked to explain why he got it so badly wrong though, and he should not be allowed to ref for a period of 3 games, or whatever ban the player would have got. these things even themselves up over a season, and even quicker if your part of Old Firm. Brines doesn't send Naismith off for what was a stonewall red card, and neither does ref against Aberdeen. Ref does send someone off for nothing against Celtic, therefore both parts of old firm are happy, and that is all media and SFA care about.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

They were always going to win the appeal (and it was never even a booking) as they are playing us next, and the SFA will be keen for Inverness to have all players available. celtic play against 10 men and get 3 points, Inverness get player back for next match against us, and everyone's a winner.

The ref should be asked to explain why he got it so badly wrong though, and he should not be allowed to ref for a period of 3 games, or whatever ban the player would have got. these things even themselves up over a season, and even quicker if your part of Old Firm. Brines doesn't send Naismith off for what was a stonewall red card, and neither does ref against Aberdeen. Ref does send someone off for nothing against Celtic, therefore both parts of old firm are happy, and that is all media and SFA care about.

:lol:

They won the appeal because it was the wrong decision originally, doesn't matter that they're playing us next, they could be playing anybody in the league and have won it.

Archived