A Warning for the Future

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Sorry FJ I disagree entirely.

Tynie is one of the very few recognisable links with the 'Hearts' most of us grew up with and love. Without Tynie, we would be left with nothing but a foreign interfering owner and a bunch of temporary mercenaries being groomed for onward sale who happen to wear maroon and white.

Until we get our proper manager and the playing side stabilises, Tynie is one of the few reassurances that it really is Hearts that we are watching.

I always wanted Robinson out towards the end of his time but whilst my preference was to stay at Tynecastle I always maintained that shouldnt be a stay at all costs mentality.

Anfield and Highbury have way more history than Tynecastle has yet both clubs were grown up enough to realise that sometimes it is necessary to move on.

I'd imagine there would be quite a few gutted people when we left the Meadows at that time....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
I always wanted Robinson out towards the end of his time but whilst my preference was to stay at Tynecastle I always maintained that shouldnt be a stay at all costs mentality.

Anfield and Highbury have way more history than Tynecastle has yet both clubs were grown up enough to realise that sometimes it is necessary to move on.

Indeed. If we need to move on for the best of the club, then we need to move on.

I'd imagine there would be quite a few gutted people when we left the Meadows at that time....

I'm not arguing that we should never move from Tynecastle. I bought into the great Waldo's proposed move to Hermiston Gate.

But your comments about Arsenal and Liverpool are not analogous. Both have strong managers and stable playing squads who want to play for their team. By and large the supporters are right behind them. The club's traditions were not threatened by such moves.

In our case, moving to Murrayfield now, with miserable attendances, no atmosphere, unknown foreign players of very limited ability and a manager who commands very little support from the fans would render the concept of 'Hearts' largely meaningless.

Get it right on the park with a decent manager and the situation could change very quickly.

Indeed. If we need to move on for the best of the club, then we need to move on.

I think that we, under Romanov, will be given the opportunity to move.

To Murrayfield.

The most dangerous period will be when the Main Stand is knocked down and prior to any new breeze blocks being laid. I think at that point that it will become evident that the money isn't available for the stand/office development.

The most dangerous period will be when the Main Stand is knocked down and prior to any new breeze blocks being laid. I think at that point that it will become evident that the money isn't available for the stand/office development.

Absolutely spot on

The point of no return at Tynie is when the old stand is demolished

If we think Vlad has us by the short and curlies now? Boy we dont know the half of it.

Ultimately I do not believe the proposed project is economically viable or possible in the current climate and I would be surprised if any sane business man would actually be intent on ploughing on.

This doesnt mean that the planning permission process will be ditched. The money for the process is already spent and approved planning permission for this project is a useful tool - both in respect of having something to hit the hatkickers over the head with, and also with respect to any interested third party in the club or the development

I'm not arguing that we should never move from Tynecastle. I bought into the great Waldo's proposed move to Hermiston Gate.

But your comments about Arsenal and Liverpool are not analogous. Both have strong managers and stable playing squads who want to play for their team. By and large the supporters are right behind them. The club's traditions were not threatened by such moves.

In our case, moving to Murrayfield now, with miserable attendances, no atmosphere, unknown foreign players of very limited ability and a manager who commands very little support from the fans would render the concept of 'Hearts' largely meaningless.

Get it right on the park with a decent manager and the situation could change very quickly.

I agree with you 100% on this. This is something I mentioned earlier in the thread, football failings started this thread (FJ himself stated it was all about the onfield situation) and many are pointing to the highly questionable situation we are in off field. I would wager that these doubts would be few and far between if we were >=28 Million in debt but had been in the top three for three seasons, decent runs in Europe and genuinely challenging the Glasgow two.

As for Tynecastle, I was never opposed to moving from Tynecastle, I was 100% opposed to selling Tynecastle and going to rent elsewhere for a year then "taking it from there". Any serious move of ground to a better facility would have been fantastic for me.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I agree with you 100% on this. This is something I mentioned earlier in the thread, football failings started this thread (FJ himself stated it was all about the onfield situation) and many are pointing to the highly questionable situation we are in off field. I would wager that these doubts would be few and far between if we were >=28 Million in debt but had been in the top three for three seasons, decent runs in Europe and genuinely challenging the Glasgow two.

As for Tynecastle, I was never opposed to moving from Tynecastle, I was 100% opposed to selling Tynecastle and going to rent elsewhere for a year then "taking it from there". Any serious move of ground to a better facility would have been fantastic for me.

This was also how I felt at the time. But the lack of Plan B was considered a real threat and understandably so, but I think the fact that if it went ahead, our debt cleared and at least somewhere viable to play we would at least know what we were facing.

Vladimir Romanov is for me and many others completely lost all the trust and goodwill he rode in on and clinging on to this man is humiliating after the way he has shamed the club and brought us to this dangerous low in a football sense which is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND CANNOT BE JUSTIFIED.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Sorry FJ I disagree entirely.

Tynie is one of the very few recognisable links with the 'Hearts' most of us grew up with and love. Without Tynie, we would be left with nothing but a foreign interfering owner and a bunch of temporary mercenaries being groomed for onward sale who happen to wear maroon and white.

Until we get our proper manager and the playing side stabilises, Tynie is one of the few reassurances that it really is Hearts that we are watching.

I fully understand and empathise with your point of view but as far as I am concerned we have reached the stage where sentimentality has to go out the window and the head must rule the HEART (Of Midlothian) or we are on the road to disaster.

We have to accept that HMFC IS HMFC wherever the SUPPORTERS are and that a physical structure cannot be placed in the way of saving the CLUB.

It's a bitter thing to say and I am gutted that I feel we are at that stage.

The bit that i could never understand is why we had to increase the maximum debt ceiling to ?40 million-can't believe i just wrote that number but there you are, at the point they did this was when i got seriously worried as i could see no sensible financial reason for doing this as if you thought that Hearts were losing money hand over fist the logical thing to do would be to batten down the hatches and cut costs instead of throwing more cash about.

Maybe they thought they could buy their way out of trouble but it has seriously backfired on us.

At the end of the day all we want is a winning team and we could forgive most things for that but i just don't know where we go from here.

Like a few on here i will be walking up to a turnstile next season unless we get a manager in soon.

Archived