Former Hearts player for TOP PLAYER OF 2011 IN BULGARIA

jamboBG

Drylaw Hearts

Yes.

Hang on....

We 'unearthed' a 22 year old guy who played 40 times for Universidad Chile before moving to Inter Milan, Chievo, Sporting Lisbon and Racing Santander?

Great new talent ?

Really ?

Johanes de Silentio

I can get thread as well if i prompt my brother to post some pish on here.

Please do this.

Happy to hear that Branny is doing well! :thumbsup:

I am raging that I had to read through 2 pages and then post this! :ninja:

All the best BG. Wonder how Copil is getting on? :whistling:

is copil the wee guy that went awol yea?

Hang on....

We 'unearthed' a 22 year old guy who played 40 times for Universidad Chile before moving to Inter Milan, Chievo, Sporting Lisbon and Racing Santander?

Great new talent ?

Really ?

Yes, although it wasn't news to you, though, was it? You, an oracle of world football, were very much aware of the global superstar who'd racked up a grand total of 45 appearances and 6 goals for 5 different European clubs before he came to Tynecastle.

is copil the wee guy that went awol yea?

Yeah, the Romanian guy. It's a pity how it turned out. Both players were billed as wonderkids by the media and neither even did much in the U19s according to reports on here at the time. Rapnik went the same way although he at least made the bench a few times and seems to have been a decent player in the U19s.

In some ways I miss the period when we were signing these foreign players and dreaming that they were going to be amazing. Pity that post-Burley many turned out more to be more like Beslija and Pinilla (in terms of what he contributed, not his aility) than Skacel and Fyssas.

Yeah, the Romanian guy. It's a pity how it turned out. Both players were billed as wonderkids by the media and neither even did much in the U19s according to reports on here at the time. Rapnik went the same way although he at least made the bench a few times and seems to have been a decent player in the U19s.

In some ways I miss the period when we were signing these foreign players and dreaming that they were going to be amazing. Pity that post-Burley many turned out more to be more like Beslija and Pinilla (in terms of what he contributed, not his aility) than Skacel and Fyssas.

I think that once we get off the Romanov roller coaster and descend to the accepted mediocrity of the rest of the SPL, we'll probably long for such days.

It's a forum relating to any football subject so I have no problem with Branny's proud big brother relating news which could open up further discussion of his time at Hearts, youth football in general and football in Bulgaria. Some very bitter people on here.

Drylaw Hearts

Yes, although it wasn't news to you, though, was it? You, an oracle of world football, were very much aware of the global superstar who'd racked up a grand total of 45 appearances and 6 goals for 5 different European clubs before he came to Tynecastle.

Whilst he wasn't exactly a global superstar he was most definitely not the 'great new talent' as described by FA.

TOP 6 AT THE MOMMENT:

1. BERBATOV (MU)

2. S.PETROV (A.VILLA)

3. N.MIHAILOV (TWENTE)

4. GADHZEV (LEVSKI)

5. YOVOV (LEVSKI)

6. BRANIMIR KOSTADINOV (BOTEV, VRATSA)

Watch here votes at the momment: http://futbolist1.bg/

17961480247214330161322073116uvnCpAQ2DYet3srI9836.JPG

Thanks for the update mate

I for one am interested in how his career goes! always wanted him to make it here

Francis Albert

Whilst he wasn't exactly a global superstar he was most definitely not the 'great new talent' as described by FA.

Try reading my post again. I didn't say he was "a great new talent". I referred back to the days when we dreamt of unearthing great new talents. Alas none of the players I mentioned fulfilled that dream, which is why I referred to it as a dream not the reality. Maybe you were one of the small minority on here who weren't excited about these prospects, in which case, obviously, feel free to exclude yourself from the "we".

As for your opinion that, in the event that the dream had come true, Pinilla would not have been a "great new talent", then he would certainly have been new to me, to Hearts and to Scotland.

This Branny sounds alright......worth a punt?

I have no problem with these threads and they beat someone posting yet another list of players out of contract :whistling:

Rudi's Left Peg

He was decent in football manager a couple of years ago.

He even had his own website...yet Jamie Mole got a start for a whole season ahead of him.

Must have been poor.

I mean no harm to either Kostadinov sibling. I wish them health, long life and hope their first born is a son. However, let's be absolutely clear, this lad was given a golden opportunity and he blew it.

I care little how his football career goes and wouldn't mind if we never heard of him on this forum again.

If memory serves me right, wasn't there a thread a few years back from Branny's brother moaning at how Branny's "Human rights" were being abused because Hearts tried to loan him out to Cowdenbeath and also expected him like all the other youth team players to clean boots, sweep the floor, etc like so many pros had done before them? That suggested to me that this lad wouldn't cut it here.

This Branny sounds alright......worth a punt?

I have no problem with these threads and they beat someone posting yet another list of players out of contract :whistling:

exactly - says Non HMFC on the thread title too FFS.

Beats the top thread currently where hearts fans are referring to Arsenal as 'us' :mellow:

If memory serves me right, wasn't there a thread a few years back from Branny's brother moaning at how Branny's "Human rights" were being abused because Hearts tried to loan him out to Cowdenbeath and also expected him like all the other youth team players to clean boots, sweep the floor, etc like so many pros had done before them? That suggested to me that this lad wouldn't cut it here.

I recall reading that story but have no idea whether or not there was merit in it.

I'm not sure about the 'human rights' violation bit but I do remember BG complaining about Branny's displeasure at Hearts' proposal to loan him out to Cowden.

In fact, plenty of folk, myself included, advised Branny's brother to encourage him to take the loan move because the people at Cowdenbeath would've taken good care of him and probably made him a better player to be equipped for the Scottish league.

I voted for ?????? ????? as his name sounded like the Hungarian for ejaculation

Oh yeah, almost forgot to :seethe: about that wage thief Branny

Johanes de Silentio

I do remember BG complaining about Branny's displeasure at Hearts' proposal to loan him out to Cowden.

In fact, plenty of folk, myself included, advised Branny's brother to encourage him to take the loan move because the people at Cowdenbeath would've taken good care of him and probably made him a better player to be equipped for the Scottish league.

Juanjo also refused to go to Cowdenbeath on loan, didn't he?

I'm here again. Thank you for good words guys. Good words for my brother. The fact that his team is 12th now and he is 6th at the momment rankingis great. But fans of Botev like him.

For another who heat my posts - thank you too. I'm old member here and sume times I post sumething for Branny.

Because evry given week i look what a hapaned with Hearts. This make any given week Branny too, Amngel Chervenkov (the coach) too, doctor Yakimov too. Because we saved the spirit of Hearts in our hearts. I know that many people don't like this, but this is situation.

I repeat - I don't make any promotion. Out of another, we have minimum two resons:

1. He have not easy price for Hearts in contract (untill June 2012);

2. Work permit - no chance under restrictions for bulgarian and romanians.

Finaly: People on board ask me for Dumitru Copil. I don't know nothig. I'm maked attempts for contact with him in Faceboock, but..Nothing for Rapnik min. one year too. The guys are from diferent contrys and...

Greetings from me! :thumbsup:

Probably not the thread to break this news on, but I have just been appointed the Sporting Technical Director at Sampdoria on a lucrative 3 year contract.

Don't have a fecking clue what the job entails, but by good I will silence the boo boys and give it my best go.

Love this. How very Christian of you. Turn the other cheek, Colin.

Quote "Meh" unquote!

I could have advised FA to apply Matthew 7:6

Johanes de Silentio

I'm here again. Thank you for good words guys. Good words for my brother. The fact that his team is 12th now and he is 6th at the momment rankingis great. But fans of Botev like him.

For another who heat my posts - thank you too. I'm old member here and sume times I post sumething for Branny.

Because evry given week i look what a hapaned with Hearts. This make any given week Branny too, Amngel Chervenkov (the coach) too, doctor Yakimov too. Because we saved the spirit of Hearts in our hearts. I know that many people don't like this, but this is situation.

I repeat - I don't make any promotion. Out of another, we have minimum two resons:

Finaly: People on board ask me for Dumitru Copil. I don't know nothig. I'm maked attempts for contact with him in Faceboock, but..Nothing for Rapnik min. one year too. The guys are from diferent contrys and...

Good lad, jamboBG - keep it coming! :thumbsup:

Seems to me, the only thing he hates more than racists is Bulgarians.

One of the answers:

Ivan, Branny, Victor (right):

21076119371272016161322166154OkPUdqVAXXpEEAWe6H3b.JPG

Rudolf's Mate

Thanks for the updates, keep them coming :thumbsup:

Find them easier to understand than a lot of the other mince on here!

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Was it just me who read this post in a bulgarian/borat voice?

All the best to branny in the future, thanks for the updates.

JamboAberdeen

Thanks jamboBG for update.

Wiki page says he played 11 game with 3 goals this season.

Not bad figure for a young striker right?

Good luck!

Thanks jamboBG for update.

Wiki page says he played 11 game with 3 goals this season.

Not bad figure for a young striker right?

Good luck!

14 games, 4 goals (top scorer, team have 12 goals - small team with not experianced playes), 1 game injury. The team 10th place from 16 squads. Average age of the team 23. Exellent dress room. He scored against important teams here - Slavia, Litex, CSKA. teresting from statistics is that this small town (65 000) is on 1st place in ranking for supporters. Before all our grands. The people love the team. Thay are together after victorys and after losses. This working optimistical for the players.

Thanks

I really do feckin despair at this board sometimes.

What an embarrassment.

The lad is telling us about how a former hearts player is doing. ok, so he was "just" a youth player, but the club did make a big deal of promoting him at the time and he attracted a lot of interest as a result.

No need for totally slating the lad - he never did anything to deserve the vitriol on here. And the generalisation about Bulgarian players being racist etc is just pathetic.

Gie it a rest eh?

Full news here (mashine translation): http://translate.goo....prosport.bg%2F

Branny is second in Bulgarian championship for 2011, after fans votes.

Top ten, according to the votes of fans:

1 . Dimitar Berbatov (Manchester United);

2 . Nikolay Mihaylov (FC Twente);

3. Stilian Petrov (Aston Villa);

4. Vladimir Gadzhev (Levski);

5 . Branimir Kostadinov (Botev Vratsa);

6 . Hristo Yovov (Levski);

7. Spas Delev (CSKA);

8. Todor Yanchev (CSKA);

9. Branekov Alexander (Visible-Rakovski);

10. Svetoslav Petrov (Botev Plovdiv).

Only the Bulgarian championship top ten looks like this:

1. Vladimir Gadzhev (Levski);

2. Branimir Kostadinov (Botev Vratsa);

3. Hristo Yovov (Levski);

5. Spas Delev (CSKA);

6. Todor Yanchev (CSKA);

7. Branekov Alexander (Visible-Rakovski)

8. Svetoslav Petrov (Botev Plovdiv);

9. Stanislav Genchev (Ludogorets);

10.Djankov Trajan (Chernomorets).

Again - this is not peomotion, this is ibnfo onlty for progress of former Hearts player..

All the bet!

What a farce :vrface:

Bulgaria's soccer soap opera took a fresh twist on Monday when Prime Minister Boyko Borisov urged organisers to get rid of the country's player of the year poll - after he spectacularly won.

Flamboyant Borisov, who sometimes plays as a forward for third division Vitosha Bistritsa, triumphed in the fans' poll after collecting 44 percent of the votes with Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov coming second with 24 per cent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2070183/Bulgarian-Prime-Minister-wins-footballer-year-award.html

No mention of PM Borisov on jamboBG's list but here is the final table:

1. Boyko Borisov ("Vitosha Bistrica") - 44% (3 501 votes)

2. Dimitar Berbatov ("Manchester United") - 24% (1 955 votes)

3. Vasil Lukaev ("Shipka Dragor") - 5% (430 votes)

4. Nikolay Mihaylov ("Twente") - 5% (397 votes)

5. Stiliyan Petrov ("Aston Villa") - 5% (382 votes)

6. Vladimir Gadzhev ("Levski") - 3% (243 votes)

7. Branimir Kostadinov ("Botev Vratsa") - 2% (134 votes)

8. Hristo Yovov ("Levski") - 1% (113 votes)

9. Spas Delev (CSKA) - 1% (94 votes)

10. Todor Yanchev (CSKA) - 1% (91)

What a farce :vrface:

Bulgaria's soccer soap opera took a fresh twist on Monday when Prime Minister Boyko Borisov urged organisers to get rid of the country's player of the year poll - after he spectacularly won.

Flamboyant Borisov, who sometimes plays as a forward for third division Vitosha Bistritsa, triumphed in the fans' poll after collecting 44 percent of the votes with Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov coming second with 24 per cent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2070183/Bulgarian-Prime-Minister-wins-footballer-year-award.html

No mention of PM Borisov on jamboBG's list but here is the final table:

1. Boyko Borisov ("Vitosha Bistrica") - 44% (3 501 votes)

2. Dimitar Berbatov ("Manchester United") - 24% (1 955 votes)

3. Vasil Lukaev ("Shipka Dragor") - 5% (430 votes)

4. Nikolay Mihaylov ("Twente") - 5% (397 votes)

5. Stiliyan Petrov ("Aston Villa") - 5% (382 votes)

6. Vladimir Gadzhev ("Levski") - 3% (243 votes)

7. Branimir Kostadinov ("Botev Vratsa") - 2% (134 votes)

8. Hristo Yovov ("Levski") - 1% (113 votes)

9. Spas Delev (CSKA) - 1% (94 votes)

10. Todor Yanchev (CSKA) - 1% (91)

Is nfinal. PM and Lukaev are out from the list. PM maked special deklaration.

Dobra Den JamboBG: Keep up the posts

Thank you. All the best!

I repeat - be calm guys. This is not promotion. Only info. Branny have contract untill June 2013. UK maked new restrictions for bulgarians and romanians (2 years more) and no chence for work permit. And he have price. I only inform you. January will be 6 years. I'm one of the fists on this board and you teach me to whrite emglish. And we like football and Hearts I think.

Archived