Former Hearts player for TOP PLAYER OF 2011 IN BULGARIA

jamboBG

Toxteth O'Grady

Not trolling at all but I reckon him and Sutton up top would be the damage!

Did you ever see him play?

Very ordinary and a bit of a timid woose IMO

No offence if it's genuine but who made that shortlist? Kostadinov is barely playing for a small team struggling against relegation miles from the top of the Bulgarian league and he's no where near the national team. I find it hard to believe he's anywhere near a Top Bulgarian Footballer 2011 list.

I would agree with the comments calling the lad ordinary and pish but go one further and label him a shitebag.

Bulgarians aim racist abuse at black players and throw missiles on the pitch and then have the cheek to appeal the punishment.

:what:

Paulie Walnut

Who f$%&?@g cares........... he was never a Hearts player just a youth player.

TOP 6 AT THE MOMMENT:

1. BERBATOV (MU)

2. S.PETROV (A.VILLA)

3. N.MIHAILOV (TWENTE)

4. GADHZEV (LEVSKI)

5. YOVOV (LEVSKI)

6. BRANIMIR KOSTADINOV (BOTEV, VRATSA)

Watch here votes at the momment: http://futbolist1.bg/

17961480247214330161322073116uvnCpAQ2DYet3srI9836.JPG

john brownlee

I would agree with the comments calling the lad ordinary and pish but go one further and label him a shitebag.

Bulgarians aim racist abuse at black players and throw missiles on the pitch and then have the cheek to appeal the punishment.

wrong

its Gypies they abuse

No need to get abusive lads someone who used to play for us has gone on to play and perform well

All the best to the lad and thanks for the update on how he is doing.

Guest C00l K1d

Pish he never played for us, he played for the youth team and some goone keeps posting updates on how he's doing.

I played for Hearts a youth level heres an update on me for you..............Struggling to get a game at one of the worst Junior sides in Scotland and playing against fat over aged men at 5 a sides but playing well.

Remind me to update you on a regular basis!

What's your problem?

If you don't care why open the thread

Interesting to know....I was wondering if he'd ever live up to the 'wonderkid' tag he seemed to have here.

Also, if a thread doesn't interest you after the OP, just don't read any further....easy. No need in getting yourself wound up about it.

Feck me. The lad is just updating us on his brother. An ex Hearts youth.

Why reply if you are not interested?

Because they're yahoos!!!

Snake Plissken

Very few posts on this thread appear to relate to a player who never played for the first team.

There's been a few of these threads and it's fair to say very few people are actually interested in them, it's probably best to let such threads sink like a stone but it does get a little tiresome seeing them pop up all the time. I don't care how Kostadinov is doing any more than I'm especially bothered about Marco Pelosi or Milan Barjakterivic.

Very few posts on this thread appear to relate to a player who never played for the first team.

There's been a few of these threads and it's fair to say very few people are actually interested in them, it's probably best to let such threads sink like a stone but it does get a little tiresome seeing them pop up all the time. I don't care how Kostadinov is doing any more than I'm especially bothered about Marco Pelosi or Milan Barjakterivic.

But your posts just keep bumping it back to the top....

The fact remains that Kostadinovs little brother is Kickback member and should be treated with a little respect. He's not a bad poster or a WUM. Just a young guy who is excited about his brothers career.

3 threads on his brother since the middle of Sept is hardly overkill. It's not like they tend to stay on the first page for long either so i don't see why people neeed to get worked up about them.

Back on topic.

JamboBG, you've still not said who made up this shortlist or what it's based on?

If it's actually genuine I'll take this back but you've linked to is an amateurish website completely in Bulgarian which doesn't even have Branny in the Top 6 names like you mentioned. From what I've found out the real award is chosen by Start Magazine and I can find no mention of Branny at all.

If I'm wrong I'll apologise but I struggle to see how a player with one u21 cap and 0 senior ones who's barely played or scored for team that'll struggle not to get relegated this year Is anywhere near player of the year.

If Kickback was limited to threads on only interesting, original and non-tiresome topics, it would be a pretty empty messageboard.

I mean no harm to either Kostadinov sibling. I wish them health, long life and hope their first born is a son. However, let's be absolutely clear, this lad was given a golden opportunity and he blew it.

I care little how his football career goes and wouldn't mind if we never heard of him on this forum again.

The link in the OP directs to a page of many Bulgarian footballers (including Branny, 9th name on the list). I'm guessing that once a vote has been cast it gives you the scores so far and perhaps Branny is sitting in 6th place of highest votes?

If that's the case then he must be doing very well.

Some people on this have ISSUES. well done Branny, JamboBG tell him all the best from us at hearts hope we did enough to help him get a career in the game.

The link in the OP directs to a page of many Bulgarian footballers (including Branny, 9th name on the list). I'm guessing that once a vote has been cast it gives you the scores so far and perhaps Branny is sitting in 6th place of highest votes?

If that's the case then he must be doing very well.

Never mind, I see you've edited...

I always like to hear how the lad is doing. Thanks BG!!!

Al McFly, nobody cares about you or your sad pathetic existence- get over it and stop the cries for attention. Desperately cringeworthy.

Back on topic.

JamboBG, you've still not said who made up this shortlist or what it's based on?

If it's actually genuine I'll take this back but you've linked to is an amateurish website completely in Bulgarian which doesn't even have Branny in the Top 6 names like you mentioned. From what I've found out the real award is chosen by Start Magazine and I can find no mention of Branny at all.

If I'm wrong I'll apologise but I struggle to see how a player with one u21 cap and 0 senior ones who's barely played or scored for team that'll struggle not to get relegated this year Is anywhere near player of the year.

There was a link on the OP which google kindly offers to translate - Kostadinov is indeed 6th on the list, 930 odd behind Berbatov who leads with just under a thousand votes. I'm not sure how many votes people can make but I would assume that Berbatov must have more Facebook friends or a bigger family! ;-)

To be fair though, I find it interesting to hear how players who are no longer at Hearts are faring. Very few go on to bigger and better things - Skippy Kisnorbo is one that surprised me somewhat...

I once attended a hearts junior club skills competition at tynecastle many moons ago.

Though am now lost to the game since I took the strop one Monday night at the pitz at portobello a couple of years back

Just if anybody's interested like.

I once attended a hearts junior club skills competition at tynecastle many moons ago.

Though am now lost to the game since I took the strop one Monday night at the pitz at portobello a couple of years back

Just if anybody's interested like.

I'm so uninterested that I'm taking 30 seconds to type this reply.

In fact, I am actually raging. Nothing boils my blood more than spending my spare time reading things that I'm not interested in.

Bollocks, that was another 30 seconds. :angry:

What indeed. What does Bulgarian fans abusing players of another team have to do with Kostadinov?

I have no idea whether he's up there with the top 6 Bulgarian players at the moment. If he is it's pretty gutting we lost him for nowt after having him on our books.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

I am raging that I had to read through 2 pages and then post this! :ninja:

All the best BG. Wonder how Copil is getting on? :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

I am always interested to hear how our former youth players have got on, they may have not made it at Hearts but doesn't mean they cant still get a decent career. Interestingly one of last years U19 center backs, Jamie McCormack, is playing for Wigan reserves.

What indeed. What does Bulgarian fans abusing players of another team have to do with Kostadinov?

Seems to me, the only thing he hates more than racists is Bulgarians.

I have no idea whether he's up there with the top 6 Bulgarian players at the moment. If he is it's pretty gutting we lost him for nowt after having him on our books.

I thought we were discussing Bulgarian football

:jjyay:

I thought we were discussing Bulgarian football

:jjyay:

We were discussing Kostadinov.

It's like calling Ryan Stevenson a sectarian bigot because he plays in Scotland.

It seems like the results are decided by a public vote. Easy enough for someone to vote more than once.

Kostadinov's team are 13th out of 16 teams in the top league in Bulgaria. Scotland are 17th in the current league coefficent. Bulgaria are 28th. He hasn't yet proven that it was a mistake to let him go. Maybe he'll move up to a better team at some point but I wouldn't trust the results of a public poll enough for it to convince me that he's an amazing player.

Also, according to Wikipedia the lowest attendance in that division this season is 100. And people say the attendances here are terrible...

Francis Albert

Good to hear Branny is doing OK. A little bit nostalgic about the days we dreamed of unearthing great new talent - Branny, Copil, Pinilla, Beslija (to, as I recall, universal acclaim on JKB - the joys of hindsight!) . The future will be more mundane, and I suspect no more successful, as we trawl the lower divisions of Scotland.

Drylaw Hearts

Good to hear Branny is doing OK. A little bit nostalgic about the days we dreamed of unearthing great new talent - Branny, Copil, Pinilla, Beslija (to, as I recall, universal acclaim on JKB - the joys of hindsight!) . The future will be more mundane, and I suspect no more successful, as we trawl the lower divisions of Scotland.

Pinilla ?

Is this the same Pinilla who was capped by his country 3 years before we 'unearthed' him ?

Francis Albert

Pinilla ?

Is this the same Pinilla who was capped by his country 3 years before we 'unearthed' him ?

Yes. I wasn't a close follower of the Chilean national side.

Archived