Who has been our best signing in the Vlad Era?

The jj era

William H. Bonney

Not been sarcastic. Pinilla had ability like no one else. We just didn't get the chance to see it. Jankauskas, meh. I always prefered a fully fit bednar.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been sarcastic. Pinilla had ability like no one else. We just didn't get the chance to see it. Jankauskas, meh. I always prefered a fully fit bednar.

And how was that then?

TBH Janny done more for us than Pinilla ever did,the guy was bonkers in the nut and I think he believed his own press.

William H. Bonney

And how was that then?

TBH Janny done more for us than Pinilla ever did,the guy was bonkers in the nut and I think he believed his own press.

How was that? Eh, cause he was a mentalist. He surely had the potential to be one of the greatest ever hearts forwards. Jankauskas couldn't even tie john millars boots.

Malcolm Tucker

How was that? Eh, cause he was a mentalist. He surely had the potential to be one of the greatest ever hearts forwards. Jankauskas couldn't even tie john millars boots.

Good grief.

Champions League and UEFA Cup Winner Edgaras Jankauskas couldn't lace John Millar's boots.

:cornette:

Pinilla is a hugely talented footballer, but FOR US he did nothing. Jankauskas won a Scottish Cup and put in a few performances the likes of which I'd never seen before in maroon (e.g That Semi-Final).

You're tripping balls, son.

Thats it,is it?

The bullet had the POTENTIAL to be one of the best signings we ever made,but it turned out he wasn't all that good bar his game against AEK(I think) and dundee utd.

ToadKiller Dog

Don't get the love for jankauskas. I thought he was a very lazy forward who was never fit. For me its fysas or pinilla.

In his 2nd season i would agree with the lazy forward i dont think he wanted to be here. Second half of 2005/06 i would say it was him and hartley that managed to get us over the line for 2nd place .

Skacel for me, with Janny's exquisite performances 05/06 just behind.

I'd also give a shout out to Bruno Aguiar and Karipidis for their outstanding form in season 2008/09.

William H. Bonney

Aye, cause 9 goals in 2 years maketh a hearts legend. Anyway, sky sports says hearts players not paid again. More pressing issues.

Johanes de Silentio

Maybe. But I wasnt a fan. Just my opinion of course.

An ill-advised opinion, if I may say so - he wasn't always 100% committed, but his ability was top-class - it's a shame you missed that.

I did like John Millar, though. :thumbsup:

William H. Bonney

In his 2nd season i would agree with the lazy forward i dont think he wanted to be here. Second half of 2005/06 i would say it was him and hartley that managed to get us over the line for 2nd place .

I concur.

Malcolm Tucker

Aye, cause 9 goals in 2 years maketh a hearts legend. Anyway, sky sports says hearts players not paid again. More pressing issues.

No-one said he was a legend.

Changing the subject because you're wrong.

This threads not about wages.

Thanks for playing.

:smuggy:

William H. Bonney

No-one said he was a legend.

Changing the subject because you're wrong.

This threads not about wages.

Thanks for playing.

:smuggy:

Cool. Did I win anything?

In the last 30 years only Robbo can come close to Rudi. His contribution has been immense and his place as an all-time great has long since been secured. Word for Brellier though great player and top guy.

Gregory House M.D.

In the last 30 years only Robbo can come close to Rudi. His contribution has been immense and his place as an all-time great has long since been secured. Word for Brellier though great player and top guy.

:Vlad-Stupid:

RudiMustScore

The signings he made in 05/06 were his most effective ones by a long way, but he has made some decent ones since, Velicka was a smart signing, he scored a lot of goals and we made a ?1 million profit on him.

He's my pick and could have been a Hearts Legend if he hadn't jumped ship through to the west :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Phil Anderton

This. We need a showman again to get the place buzzing but without quality on the pitch it aint going to happen soon.

The best signing was Rudi with Janny, Takis and Bruno not far behind :thumbsup:

Rudi Skacel closely followed by Fyssas and Brellier. Special mentions for Bednar, Kello and Karapidis. :thumbsup:

We were blessed with some great players along with some truely terrible players. :lol:

In terms of ability, professionalism and respect for the club, its history and supporters, Takis stands head and shoulders above them all.

A true gentleman.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Rudi. His second coming pretty much sealed it for him

Takis was also class.

Bednar and Janny were class but both could have offered a bit more especially in the scoring department.

Teuchterjambo

In terms of ability, professionalism and respect for the club, its history and supporters, Takis stands head and shoulders above them all.

A true gentleman.

Absolutely - played at the highest level but always gave full respect to the club and the fans - one of the few (and I include many Scottish players who have played for us) who really seemed to get what the Heart of Midlothian was all about.

As you say a true gentleman in every sense of the word and.... of course there was the never to be forgotten "Champions League" ditty after the Aberdeen game ... priceless!

Hard to separate Skacel and Takis, but I'll have to side with Rudi. Followed not far behind by Jankauskas who was tremendous in 05/06.

Tough one this. For me I would go with Fyssas. The best left back and technical football player I've ever seen in a Hearts jersey, absolute top drawer.

On ability alone Jankauskas.

Consistency over a season Fyssas.

Biggest contribution to the club Skacel or Kello. Skacel has scored so many important goals and Kello has saved us many times.

George Burley is hands down the best signing of the Romanov era.

He was on the verge of changing the face of Scottish football until the mad one then made the worst decision at Hearts, certainly in my lifetime.

Skacel by some distance, then notable mentions to Fyssas Kello and Aguiar.

Purely as a footballer, I loved Kingston. Sadly, along with the likes of Pinilla, jankauskas and Bednar, it's a case of what might have been...

kennyblack'sshot

George Burley is hands down the best signing of the Romanov era.

He was on the verge of changing the face of Scottish football until the mad one then made the worst decision at Hearts, certainly in my lifetime.

Kind of agree but then we wouldn't have had Burley or his team or have been on the verge of changing the face of Scottish football without the mad one.

Fermit the Krog

Jankauskas with the ability he had should be romping this. I think he was as poor in his second season as he was class in his first though and that is telling in the comments so far.

I'd go for Fyssas.

Top player and a gentleman.

Legend.

Drylaw Hearts

Jankauskas with the ability he had should be romping this. I think he was as poor in his second season as he was class in his first though and that is telling in the comments so far.

I'd go for Fyssas.

Top player and a gentleman.

Legend.

I actually thought Fyssas had a poor second season in comparison to 05/06.

Rudi Skacel has been a magnificent signing with goals of incredible quality. I have loved seeing him play for Hearts.

As for the most important signing - I think that Brellier made the 05/06 team tick, letting the others play. I suspect that if he had played the full Cup final we would have won easily, rather than needing him to come on and keep us in it.

Archived