Who has been our best signing in the Vlad Era?

The jj era

portobellojambo1

Rudi Skacel, Takis Fyssas, Julien Brellier, Marian Kello and Edgaras Jankauskas, in no particular order.

But one of the most underrated players who did an excellent job for us was Samuel Cammazola. Was disappointed when he left.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rudi has to be the best for you boys. If he hadn't left first time round the damage he could have done in the SPL would be frightning. I have no problem admitting he is one of the best Midfielders i've seen in this league.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Imagine if we had kept Burley and had these two up front: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbT9vX4A6lI

Phenomenal.

Look at how those players effortlessly pass and move at speed and compare that to now.

Frightening.

On topic - deffo Skacel but we've had some amazing players at Tynecastle under Mr Romanov and my favourite was Fysass by a country mile.

rudi must stay

The signings he made in 05/06 were his most effective ones by a long way, but he has made some decent ones since, Velicka was a smart signing, he scored a lot of goals and we made a ?1 million profit on him.

Lud?k Stracen? ?

2 Games.

Subbed after coming on as a sub on his first game if memory serves me right.

It would be between Takis and Rudi. Can't decide so maybe I'll have to toss......

Malcolm Tucker

Come on lads, all the players you mention wouldn't be here without one man, our best signing of Vlad's era.

_44377959_gbheartssnscut.jpg

Should be Valdas.

Scottish Cup winning gaffer deserves legendary status imo.

:verysmug:

JamboAberdeen

Rudi for two spell combined, followed by Takis, though Bruno wasn't that bad.

Sadly we couldn't get best out of Bednar and Pinilla and Cammazola should also receive value-for-money award given the fact that then manager had never seen him.

Definite - Fyssas, Skacel, Janny, Kello, Kyle, Templeton

Not too bad - Miko, Aguiar, Velicka, Goncalves, Karipidis, Jonsson, Zaliukas

Could've been great - Bednar, Kingston, Pinilla

kennyblack'sshot

Superstars: Skacel, Takis, Jankauskas, Aguiar

Shouldabeen superstars: Kingston, Pinilla

Great signings: Bednar, Temps, Kyle, Kello, Webster, Skacel (second time), Stevenson (unbeatable value for money)

Solid signings: Zauliskis, Goncalves, Brellier, Tall, Pospisil, Ruben, Elliott, Velicka, Tauoil, Hammill, Grainger, Miko, Black, Cesnauskis, Obua, Novikovis, Suso, Karipedis, Banks

No idea as they never got a real chance but they looked promising on paper: Tuilberg, Makela, Hackett, Johnson, Beslija, Sutton, Barr, Petras, Bolhi, Rapnik, Copil, Kostadinov

Should of played our youngsters instead: Bouzid, Ksanavicius, Ivaskevicius, Baresa, Klimek, Kurskis, Balogh, Kancelskis, Pilibaitis, Straceny, Razulis

Still cringe when I think of them in a Hearts shirt: Nade, Beniu?is

What was that all about?: Wittenween, Cammezola, Kucharski, Costa, Screpis

Talk about a scattergun signing policy over the last 5 years!

Gregory House M.D.

Special mention for Zico though....inspired signing.

He was pre-Romanov.

The Mighty Thor

The signings he made in 05/06 were his most effective ones by a long way, but he has made some decent ones since, Velicka was a smart signing, he scored a lot of goals and we made a ?1 million profit on him.

No we didn't.

He was a FBK Kaunas player on loan to Hearts.

rudi must stay

No we didn't.

He was a FBK Kaunas player on loan to Hearts.

We must have got some of the money. Infact with Romanov allowed to do whatever he wants there we probably got all of it

The Mighty Thor

We must have got some of the money. Infact with Romanov allowed to do whatever he wants there we probably got all of it

Possibly, but the dough went back to Kaunas.

rudi must stay

Possibly, but the dough went back to Kaunas.

Did it? I remember reading that the money was vital in keeping us going at that time.

Rudi, Jankauskas, Fyssas.

It should have been Pinilla though, if he came to us in the frame of mind he's in these days he'd have utterly destroyed the SPL.

For Contribution: Rudolf Skacel.

For Sheer Class: Panagiotis "Takis" Fyssas.

For shagging ability: Mauricio Pinilla.

:lol::lol:

This

The Mighty Thor

Did it? I remember reading that the money was vital in keeping us going at that time.

We're splitting hairs.

He wasn't a Hearts player when he was sold but it's fair to assume that the money came back this way in some shape or form as I'm sure we were not paying wages or bills at the time :)

Pinilla and Bednar (if both fit and playing with their heads screwed on) would've have totally destroyed the SPL the last two seasons. In fact i've just had a sex wee thinking abou it. That wouldve been a 40+ goal per season package right there. Just imagine though if with 15mins to go we took off one and replaced with Janny, who could bang in a another couple.

I'll have a word with my mate and see if she can convince Pinilla to come back over to see her and possibly re-sign for the famous :P

Gregory House M.D.

Special mention to Christos Karipidis. Delightful holding mid.

Gregory House M.D.

Infact My Vlad team:

Kello

Tall Webster Goncalves Fyssas

Karipidis

Mikoliunas Aguair Skacel

Jankauskas Pinilla

If only :sob:

rudi must stay

We're splitting hairs.

He wasn't a Hearts player when he was sold but it's fair to assume that the money came back this way in some shape or form as I'm sure we were not paying wages or bills at the time :)

Not sure about that, we were still spending too much on wages and bills back then.

Walter Bishop

In terms of ability Jankauskaus without doubt, easily the most gifted player i have seen in 25 years of watching Hearts. In terms of consistent quality would have to be Takis, a pleasure to watch.

2005/06 was the most enjoyable period in terms of the quality of football we have played in my lifetime. I would go for Skacel just over Jankauskas for the best signing we have made under Mr Romanov. There is a genuine belief (or at least there was) that we will score whenever he picks up the ball within 25 yards of goal.

Infact My Vlad team:

Kello

Karipidis

Mikoliunas Aguair Skacel

Jankauskas Pinilla

not a bad looking team there if it ever came about

Infact My Vlad team:

Kello

Karipidis

Mikoliunas Aguair Skacel

Jankauskas Pinilla

I would swap Templeton for Miko and it would be a toss up between Goncalves/Zaliukas. I doubt Zali would make many mistakes playing in that back 4 and that middle 4 in front of him.

William H. Bonney

Don't get the love for jankauskas. I thought he was a very lazy forward who was never fit. For me its fysas or pinilla.

Malcolm Tucker

Don't get the love for jankauskas. I thought he was a very lazy forward who was never fit. For me its fysas or pinilla.

:vrface:

How can you cite Jankauskas as lazy and never fit, then name Pinilla as one of the best signings since VR came in?

If it was meant as a joke, then I apologise.

Right, Jankauskas was lazy and never fit, but you'd pick Pinilla?

Fab.

Janny played a good 10-12 that he showed how good he was,but IMHO not often enough.

I take it your being sarcastic by saying Pinilla after what you said about Janny.

Archived