Robbo for manager

Fermit the Krog

Fermit the Krog

How would you feel about Robbo returning as our manager next year?

I think he'd work well with the younger players and get us playing good football. He'd also have a desire to succeed and have the clubs best interest at heart.

It would be kinda ironic that being the first to be sacked by Romanov, he could become Romanovs last managerial appointment.

:ninja:

Fermit the Krog

we have a manager already. his name is Paulo Sergio

He won't be here long.

It's time to think ahead.

Someone mentioned Colin Cameron as manager on another thread. I know it would be a massive risk but I want it to happen, it just feels right. In a future where we are likely to be going back to basics this is the type of managerial appointment that will suit the club.

It may seem disrespectful or even stupid to discuss a new manager when Paulo Sergio is just in the door but I don't think he'll be at Hearts for long, one way or another.

Sheriff Fatman

Robbo might do better this time round than he did last.

However given that Vlad is supposedly openly looking to sell it would be better to stick with what we have until any new owner takes over. A new owner will probably have his own ideas about who the manager should be and that could lead to changing managers yet again.

I'd deffo give him another chance especially as he knows the score at Hearts and in Scottish football all round plus he'd be one to play youngsters. But I think he'd be someone who would needs time and Romanov just wouldn't do that. Would be a good option if we were subject to a takeover though.

I'd deffo give him another chance especially as he knows the score at Hearts and in Scottish football all round plus he'd be one to play youngsters. But I think he'd be someone who would needs time and Romanov just wouldn't do that. Would be a good option if we were subject to a takeover though.

Agree. Don't think it's an appointment that would work whilst Romanov was still around but eventually in a couple of years time he could be the man to take us forward. Probably not right at this minute though.

Someone mentioned Colin Cameron as manager on another thread. I know it would be a massive risk but I want it to happen, it just feels right. In a future where we are likely to be going back to basics this is the type of managerial appointment that will suit the club.

It may seem disrespectful or even stupid to discuss a new manager when Paulo Sergio is just in the door but I don't think he'll be at Hearts for long, one way or another.

Would be interesting to see how him and Paul Hartleys managerial careers come along (both doing OK I think) as they would both be candidates. Always thought JJ and Locky would do a similar thing to Walter Smith and Ally McCoist but unfortunately can't see that happening.

I'm going to do a huge U turn (WWF style when a good becomes a baddie) and put my tick next to Steven Pressley's name.

Fermit the Krog

I'm going to do a huge U turn (WWF style when a good becomes a baddie) and put my tick next to Steven Pressley's name.

Also a good option, as would Colin Cameron.

:thumbsup:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He'd be my choice too if we are going for someone outside the club.

Don't think he'd come though.

Italian Lambretta

I think as lot will depend on who buys the club. Its only my opinion but I cant see Paulo Sergio being here past January and his exit will be quicker if a buyer is found before that.

He'd be my choice too.

If we're gonna go down the Robbo or Cameron route, I would rather we just gave it to Gary Locke.

I know Gary has coaching badges but he would be better to serve his apprenticeship as a manager in the lower leagues, it can be the making or breaking of a young manager.

kingantti1874

I think he'd work well with the younger players and get us playing good football. He'd also have a desire to succeed and have the clubs best interest at heart.

It would be kinda ironic that being the first to be sacked by Romanov, he could become Romanovs last managerial appointment.

Would love it

Any manager out of Pressley, Robbo, McGlynn or Locke would do me when Sergio goes.

If I had to pick one would go for Pressley.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I know Gary has coaching badges but he would be better to serve his apprenticeship as a manager in the lower leagues, it can be the making or breaking of a young manager.

I agree. But with the state we're going to be in I doubt we'll get a manager who sees himself on an ambitious upward career path. I think we will have to settle for someone who wouldn't get a chance otherwise or someone on the way down. Pressley doesn't fit either of these.

I agree. But with the state we're going to be in I doubt we'll get a manager who sees himself on an ambitious upward career path. I think we will have to settle for someone who wouldn't get a chance otherwise or someone on the way down. Pressley doesn't fit either of these.

I don't want Pressley, I want Colin Cameron.

Too soon for Robbo. He's not done much as a manager since he left Caley.

Hopefully he'll return at some point in the future but he wouldn't be top of my list of ex-Hearts players to be manager right now.

I don't really get the whole Presley thing. A lot of the youth work done at Falkirk was put in place by yogi and it's now starting to show fruition.

OnePaulHartley

Any one of Pressley or robbo would do me. Probably a bit too early in hartleys or camerons career , but that's not to say they wouldn't do a good job. Anyone a good appointment which the fans would surely get behind and give the manager time to get it right.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I don't really get the whole Presley thing. A lot of the youth work done at Falkirk was put in place by yogi and it's now starting to show fruition.

Is that not exactly what we want though? :)

ToadKiller Dog

Sorry have seen little in Robbo's career as a manager to say he would do a job , he is happy living in the highlands would want a manager based in the central belt .

Cameron and Hartley are no where near ready ,would be a risk given our expected cuts as relegation would be a disaster, Elvis needs to get Falkirk up this season .

Sergio is the manager just now and he has my full backing and i want to give him time as i think he is a good manager and will do well given that time .

Is sergios contract not up at the end of the season, and with players being sold/booted he isnt the manager to take us forward, seems not keen on playing any youth unless game has 5mins to go and game is beyond us.

Robbo/Micky would be welcolme, the snake can gtf

Remember though, Flimsy, he cant get stripped and play.

If you're suggesting I'm letting my love of Mickey as a player blur my opinion, I'm guilty as charged. But I do see where the club and Cameron are heading and it may be a good fit for both parties.

The White Cockade

if "Wee" Robbo came back we'd need to find that Lebanese grocer again that paid for him to come back from Newcastle to pay the monthly pie bill teehee.gif

jamboinglasgow

While Hughes got the base work of the youth system sorted so it is much stronger, Pressley has managed to get a really young team playing well and challenging for the first division title with such a novice side. Just like if he came to Hearts the youths coming through are down to the work of academy but if he got them to play well, compete and can mentor them then that is what is needed and he has done at Falkirk.

What we need is a manager who is prepared to bring on a number of young players, knows how to handle them, plays the same style of football that the under 19s play (a possesion based play, played along the ground but uses full backs who can overlap the wide players, formation is normally 4-1-2-2-1 but can be flexiable) quick and with the use of pressing the opposition when without the ball), etc.

I do think we must decide in January who is going to take us on, if it is Paulo then so be it, if not then get the replacement in and give them the time to prepare the younger players for next season.

Back in the pre-Bosman days, when players wanted to get another club they went onto month-to-month contracts.

Back pages of the Weekly News used to have all the gossip on such and such 'Ace' signing month-to-month.

Time to bring that back for managers. We could have all of Robbo, Pressley, Cameron, Hartley etc. in a season. :thumb:

No danger, he was a great wee player and had a reasonable spell with Inverness but since then he has done nothing as a Manager.

If we were to take a gamble on an ex player then I would be inclined to give Mickey Cameron a chance.

That kind of appointment, in my eyes would end in complete disaster for not only the team, the support but also the great man.

If Vlad goes Pressley Manager

Cameron Assistant Manager

JJ Director of Football

Change Pressley for McGlynn, that would be my choice.

If Vlad goes Pressley Manager

Cameron Assistant Manager

JJ Director of Football

Said it before, but I'll say it again. There are no issues between V.Romanov and Pressley.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Sir Paul Hartley. Very early days, but he seems to be finding his feet at Alloa.

I don't think we'll be looking for a new manager until the summer (unless there's a change in ownership of Hearts before then), so plenty time for obvious candidates like Hartley, Cameron and Pressley to learn the trade.

Unfortunately for Robbo, I think he's had his shot at Hearts.

When PS goes i'd take any one of:

John McGlynn

Robbo

Pressley

Mickey

Hartley

*Providing they are still doing well at that time.

Archived