Robbo for manager

Fermit the Krog

jamboinglasgow

If Vlad goes Pressley Manager

Cameron Assistant Manager

JJ Director of Football

I really like JJ and I think he is a legend, but I would not have him as our Director of Football.

donaldius fordovich

I don't really get the whole Presley thing. A lot of the youth work done at Falkirk was put in place by yogi and it's now starting to show fruition.

Yay...Yogi for manager it is then!!

Drylaw Hearts

Really not sure Robbo would be the way to go but one things for sure........

We need to do something about appointing a new manager pretty quickly.

There is no danger PS will be here next season and with potential new signings becoming available in January we need to start planning ahead for next season asap before the best of the rest go elsewhere.

Sheriff Fatman
with potential new signings becoming available in January we need to start planning ahead for next season asap before the best of the rest go elsewhere.

We need to start using the players we already have, not buying new ones in.

No player should be brought in if there is already a player in the club over the age of 19 in that position who is on less money.

Drylaw Hearts

We need to start using the players we already have, not buying new ones in.

No player should be brought in if there is already a player in the club over the age of 19 in that position who is on less money.

We need to build a squad using a sensible budget.

Where the players come from is irrelevant.

Teuchterjambo

Sergio will soon be history - the job is not now the job he was employed for and in terms of cost cutting taking him and his entourage out of the equation makes common sense. When you look at the timing it is yet another example of Romanov's total inability to plan and manage in any structured way and yet again more money poured down the drain on one of his whims. No doubt some will say it is his money but all it has done is add to the debt which makes take over more difficult.

Talk of Cameron or Hartley at this stage in their careers is crazy , no matter what form the club takes in the next few years it will still be too big at this time for these guys same as it was for Robbo when he got his chance. Pressley is a better fit and he has the strength of character to handle it but we shouldn't be excluding others from the running - this ex player thing can cloud judgement.

Sheriff Fatman

We need to build a squad using a sensible budget.

Where the players come from is irrelevant.

Funny that, if they come from anywhere east of Portobello you seem to take great delight in pointing out every single minor defect that you imagine they have using the most derogatory language you can about their background.

Drylaw Hearts

Funny that, if they come from anywhere east of Portobello you seem to take great delight in pointing out every single minor defect that you imagine they have using the most derogatory language you can about their background.

:lies:

Charlie-Brown

Depends who is making the decision - iam sure Robbo would like the job and wouldn't turn it down if the opportunity arises.

Iam sure his experience of the early Mercer & MacDonald years would give him valuable insight & input given it looks increasingly like a similar job needs doing?

que sera sera.

Fermit the Krog

Robbos first spell in charge wasn't bad when you look objectively at all our managers records since then.

He had us playing good football and got us to Hampden.

Hibs having their 1 season in 15 and finishing 3rd clouds peoples judgement.

jamboinglasgow

Surely to Christ it must be obvious that we can't afford a Director of Football?

As I explained before, its actually quite prudent to employ a director of football, as it means that you can keep a consistent policy of signing and ensure the promotion of young players.

Johanes de Silentio

As I explained before, its actually quite prudent to employ a director of football, as it means that you can keep a consistent policy of signing and ensure the promotion of young players.

This could also be done by employing a responsible, prudent coach, and/or having a Chief Executive who isn't mental, and can actually manage a mature, positive two-way relationship with the coach.

A Director of Football is a luxury we just can't afford at this time, imo - it's a non-essential role.

This could also be done by employing a responsible, prudent coach, and/or having a Chief Executive who isn't mental, and can actually manage a mature, positive two-way relationship with the coach.

A Director of Football is a luxury we just can't afford at this time, imo - it's a non-essential role.

In addition if the club are going to be going right down to the bare bones on the playing side, there should probably be 2 of the current 4 first team management and coaches on the way out.

Charlie-Brown

Maybe the manager, chief executive and director of football will be one person? two people maybe? possibly three but less likely?

Jim Mclean managed all 3 roles at Tannadice for most of his long tenure there.

John Mcglynn is a talented man manager. Robbo after all these years of management is still unproven.

Pressley has had a decent 6 months.

The Old Tolbooth

John Mcglynn is a talented man manager. Robbo after all these years of management is still unproven.

Pressley has had a decent 6 months.

As long as Romanov wasn't at the helm then McGlynn would manage us in a heartbeat.

If we want to appoint a manager, why does it have to be a former jambo? Out of those mentioned I'd look at Robbo, Pressley and McGlynn, they're all doing well. Cameron and Hartley are no where near ready yet.

If we are seriously considering folk who can build a team and a club up well, why don't we look to Michael O'Neil, he's proving to be a real talent in the making, and it looks unlikely he'll go to Hibs. There's also the likes of Peter Houston, Terry Butcher, (if we could look to England and afford it) Karl Robinson at MK Dons is another good young manager. Even the boy in charge of Ayr United right now, Brian Reid. He's by all accounts built a competitive side which is doing alright.

Some really good options around atm.

Talk of Cameron or Hartley at this stage in their careers is crazy , no matter what form the club takes in the next few years it will still be too big at this time for these guys same as it was for Robbo when he got his chance. Pressley is a better fit and he has the strength of character to handle it but we shouldn't be excluding others from the running - this ex player thing can cloud judgement.

I know there are always exceptions to the rule but - Craig Levein?

Surely to Christ it must be obvious that we can't afford a Director of Football?

exactly !!

there is no way that we will have any kind of three or four tier management system after Vlad

what is our current managers track record like in blooding youngsters?

Pressley will be the next manager, I've got no insider information but it's set up perfectly for him to take the reins IMO.

He's doing a pretty decent job with a Falkirk team choc-full of youngsters and with that looking like our remit for next season I'm pretty sure Mr Romanov will see him as the perfect man to take us forward.

Robbo may be a legend in the playing sense, but unless he's changed in the last few years, he isn't a people person and I dont see him getting the best from the players at his disposal. My judgement may be a bit biased though.

how are we ever going to progress if we keep sacking managers,and if sergio went and someone else came in it would just be the same story all over again. We would win 10 games in a row with the manager doing a good job,then lose 3 on the bounce and there would be calls for the manager to be sacked.

Archived