Rough diamonds

J.C 7

Its looking increasingly likely that a lot of players will move on either in Jan,at the end of the season or both and any players brought in will have to cost next to nothing.

Probably akin to the types of players Levein had to bring in when he was hearts boss,grafters who done the job without being over glamourous.

Question is,who kickin about in scottish fitba would you take that wouldnt cost the earth?

Ill start by sayin the lad hayes at Caley,great work rate,decent passer and nice left foot.

Any others?

Drylaw Hearts

We've just announced we're moving players on and replacing them with youth players.

The clue to who we'll sign is in there.

Somewhere.

We've just announced we're moving players on and replacing them with youth players.

The clue to who we'll sign is in there.

Somewhere.

Nice try at a wind up but if you read the question it says who would you take?

Kind of hypothetical and that ken,just to pass time and create a bit of discussion.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Kind of hypothetical and that ken,just to pass time and create a bit of discussion.

Messi would be 1st on my list.

David Silva is doing alright at the moment as well, so we should have him anaw.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Academy products dude

Not sure about the first team but If Hearts identify a younger player at another club, I would not be amazed if they went out and signed them. Granted this would probably be for the academy.

Messi would be 1st on my list.

David Silva is doing alright at the moment as well, so we should have him anaw.

You really didnt get the jist of my question did you?

Im well aware that youngsters will come through etc but just thought it might be interesting to gauge thoughts on any players that MIGHT do a job IF ANY players could be brought in on the cheap to perhaps supplement the young lads coming through,thought it was a fair enough question? Sayin messi etc really isnt helpful.

Mr Brightside

Answering the hypothetical question posed by the op I would say nobody.

We have tried this recently and most have not lived up to the expectation for example Black, Barr, Sutton Taouil.

Captain Lithuania

I don't think anyone will be brought in. I expect our team from January (at the latest next season) to look like this:

Ridgers

Hammil Webster McGowan Grainger

Templeton Robinson Holt Driver

Smith Sutton

I am not worried in the slightest, this looks a very good team. I am fully confident that Robinson is ready from what I have seen. And if Holt has as much potential as they say then he'll be fine too providing he gets a good preseason and/or a loan for the rest of the current season in January. I also expect Prychenenko to feature next season. Along with McHattie and maybe Walker.

Answering the hypothetical question posed by the op I would say nobody.

We have tried this recently and most have not lived up to the expectation for example Black, Barr, Sutton Taouil.

Reading the u19's reports from last couple of years and judging by the guys who have came through - Temps, McGowan etc - I'd say we don't need anyone elses rough diamonds. I wish we had someone with the balls just to bleed a few of them.

tartofmidlothian

Question is,who kickin about in scottish fitba would you take that wouldnt cost the earth?

Prychynenko, Ogleby, Ridgers, Elliot...

Some folk really aren't getting our predicament are they?

Others arent reading what was clearly a straight forward question.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I tell you what, if you wanted informed and insightful analysis of HMFC, you really would make JKB your first stop

I know its a diff landscape to 20,25 years ago but i wouldn`t mind us being like we were under Wallace Mercer.

We still had the 3rd biggest wage bill but it was sensibly mapped out. We signed some good experience and young players...who were still better than what most other clubs had outside the OF.....

But that also came down to good decisions at the top. We had a fine manager who knew what he was doing and we signed the right players.

We have the 3rd biggest wage bill just now but have spent it horrifically at times and this is simply down to the circus behind the scenes.

EDIT...sorry, wrong thread. :teehee:

Gregory House M.D.

I reckon we'll be seeing a team like:

MacDonald

Hamill McKay Webster Grainger

Mrowiec

Novikovas Holt Robinson McHattie

Smith

In the near future.

Fermit the Krog

MacDonald

Mrowiec

Smith

In the near future.

Here's hoping.

Its looking increasingly likely that a lot of players will move on either in Jan,at the end of the season or both and any players brought in will have to cost next to nothing.

Probably akin to the types of players Levein had to bring in when he was hearts boss,grafters who done the job without being over glamourous.

Ill start by sayin the lad hayes at Caley,great work rate,decent passer and nice left foot.

Any others?

Hayes at Caley is a decent shout. I know we're going to be losing players and producing our own in the forseeable future but we should still be looking at signing promising players from other clubs, lower clubs so we can manage the wagebill. Unfortunately you'll always get the dafties on here taking the piss when someone starts a new topic and make no real contibution, however, there are a few decent prospects around the leagues. I would go down the route Dundee Utd and more recently Motherwell went down. There's been a few players at both those clubs that have came in on loan for a season or so and contributed well to their cause, i think we should be doing the same, it hasn't done them any harm and both teams are decent enough to watch on tv. Also, managing the budget is not impossible, look at St Johnstone for example, yes we're cutting back but we should still be able to attract better players to Hearts than they can afford, even with a restricted budget.

MacDonald

Mrowiec

Smith

In the near future.

It will be quite refreshing to see a team full of young lads giving their all in maroon and the support will need to give the every encouragement.

A lot of young players respond well when faith is shown in them and blossom when thrown in at the deep end,however some may not handle the pressure so well. If results arent good,some of these lads might not recover. We dont have much choice though.

I think Robinson will be a massive player for us and cant believe he's not used more already.

Others arent reading what was clearly a straight forward question.

The point is we won't be bringing in anyone - no matter what cost. We won't get guys like Hayes.

We'll be bringing through, not bringing in.

Problem Officer?

At most we will see 2 or 3 youngsters break into the starting line-up this season, and mainly from the bench. People who think that after January half our team will be made up of our U19's are being far too hopeful. There will still be losers like Mrowiec and Black in the team come May.

And I guarantee no more than half a dozen players go in January. Do you really think some of the guff in our squad will be able to find new clubs which pay similar money at such short notice? Or what team is going to pay a fee for those with more than a year left on their contract? And we're hardly in a position to pay people off either. Most of this 'clearing' of the squad will happen at the end of the season.

jamboinglasgow

MacDonald

Mrowiec

Smith

In the near future.

I would disagree with some of that team, mine would be:

MacDonald

Hamill McGowan Webster Grainger

Prychnenko Robinson

Walker Holt Novikovas

G.Smith

Or at least that will be the team at the start of next season.

I don't think anyone will be brought in. I expect our team from January (at the latest next season) to look like this:

Ridgers

Templeton Robinson Holt Driver

Smith Sutton

I am not worried in the slightest, this looks a very good team. I am fully confident that Robinson is ready from what I have seen. And if Holt has as much potential as they say then he'll be fine too providing he gets a good preseason and/or a loan for the rest of the current season in January. I also expect Prychenenko to feature next season. Along with McHattie and maybe Walker.

No defensive option in that midfield. Think temps will be away in jan too if the price is right.

I would have

Macdonald

Templeton* Robinson Jonsson Driver

Smith Sutton

*If he's away novikovas

The point is we won't be bringing in anyone - no matter what cost. We won't get guys like Hayes.

We'll be bringing through, not bringing in.

Thats not the question I was askin though was it?

Chances of someone buying hearts are pretty slim too but people are allowed to talk about it,its kind of the point of a forum. I get thats its going to be kids from now on,i was merely gauging opinion of any fellow kbers of any cheap players that would do a job for us,like mcfarlanes,boyacks etc in the past.

Thanks jambonian for making some constructive points,utd,motherwell and St J have all been pretty shrewd in some of their signings in recent times. Duberrys,morris etc.

If there are 1 or 2 with spl experience that we could add within our budget then it would be daft to rule them out imo.

I think Hayes and Jody Morris are a very good shout, both players that look like they could do a job with better players around them. I would add Dougie Imrie and Alex Neil at Hamilton to that list as well.

Alwaysinourshadows

Paul Dixon and Scott Robertson at Dundee United both run out of contract at the end of the season, I'm sure we could get them on a reasonable wage?

Mark McGlaughlan at Hamilton is a decent player. I think Mark Campbell at Raith is a solid centre half too.

Farid El Alagui at Falkirk looks to have been a great signing. Also Peter MacDonald at Morton.

Paul Dixon and Scott Robertson at Dundee United both run out of contract at the end of the season, I'm sure we could get them on a reasonable wage?

Unfortunately Dixon will go to a much bigger club than Hearts would love to have him though.

Charlie-Brown

I seriously doubt anyone will be signed until we've cleared the decks and promoted from within ........... however former Hearts youngster Ryan Wallace is fairly banging them in for Robbo at East Fife this season.

Footballfirst

I'll be controversial for a moment and suggest that we will be lucky if any more than one of the senior players who are out on loan at the moment makes it at Hearts

Charlie-Brown

I'll be controversial for a moment and suggest that we will be lucky if any more than one of the senior players who are out on loan at the moment makes it at Hearts

Is this based on personal opinion or something more FF?

Ridgers probably the most highly rated prospect on loan ....... others like Morton, Ogleby, Balatoni etc probably have more tenuous chances depending on opportunities & finances etc.

jamboinglasgow

I know where your coming from, I think most have been disappointing away on loan, Thomson doesn't really get much of a game, Ogleby is not really scoring at second division level, Balatoni is getting a game but think he will be playing around first division level, I dont think Hamilton will make it, Morton has impressed Cameron but not the Cowdenbeath fans. So to me that leaves Ridgers, Dylan McGowan and Prychnenko. Saw highlights of Dylan playing in the A-League, he seemed to do alright in the game I saw, Denis needs to time to see what he can do Raith, Ridgers could make it, though he does have some shaky times from some reports from fans I have read.

Though if these players who have come through the academy are failing away on loan, surely it raises questions.

Footballfirst

Is this based on personal opinion or something more FF?

Ridgers probably the most highly rated prospect on loan ....... others like Morton, Ogleby, Balatoni etc probably have more tenuous chances depending on opportunities & finances etc.

I know where your coming from, I think most have been disappointing away on loan, Thomson doesn't really get much of a game, Ogleby is not really scoring at second division level, Balatoni is getting a game but think he will be playing around first division level, I dont think Hamilton will make it, Morton has impressed Cameron but not the Cowdenbeath fans. So to me that leaves Ridgers, Dylan McGowan and Prychnenko. Saw highlights of Dylan playing in the A-League, he seemed to do alright in the game I saw, Denis needs to time to see what he can do Raith, Ridgers could make it, though he does have some shaky times from some reports from fans I have read.

Though if these players who have come through the academy are failing away on loan, surely it raises questions.

It's purely personal opinion, although I have to admit that I have seen very little of them playing for their loan clubs. I think that a few may have found their level in the SFL. Ridgers has at least been in the public eye with his cup heroics and his U21 game so must have a chance. Will Dylan come back from Oz? A couple have disappointed from what I've read.

I have to say that I reckon we will bring in a couple of free contract players. Especially of a new manager is in place. Not a lot, probably 1 or 2, to cover for experienced players who'll go. I really do worry about a lot of these teams put up above. Whilst its likely to go that way, and since we are skint it has to, those teams will do no better or worse than us atm.

jambo_til_i_die

Some folk really aren't getting our predicament are they?

Nope they aren't, nor are the listening to the powers that be.

Archived