Terry Butcher

Everybody loves Baz

alwaysthereinspirit

Answer me this,have you ever spoke about football to someone who watches either of the OF on a regular basis,they will tell you the same,they also get well dodgy decisions made against them,oh and tell me this,did you see the highlights of the Wigan Blackburn game,wonder how that refs incompetence will help either of the OF.

As I've said on numerous occasions,if vlad and others think that the refs in this country are corrupt,then take them to court,do something if he is that convinced,he must have hard evidence of such practices,go on vlad,you bum on about it all the time,show us how convinced you are by bringing the SFA and the refs to justice,just don't hold your breath mate for that to happen.

I have to be honest and say I could (n't) give a toss about Blackburn/Wigan and what may or may not have happened in their game.

I also dont need Vlad to tell me some Scottish refs are "corrupt" I've been watching Scottish football longer than him.

As for OF fans bitching about dodgy decisions. 99% of those complaints are when they play each other. You'll never convince me otherwise that some Scottish refs ARE corrupt

As has been noted on this board many, many times. Why are OF games reffed completely different?

The rules of association football are the same worldwide.

Seymour M Hersh

Okay vlad sooker,is the SFA corrupt,and don't just give me the usual pish that vlad pedals,give me hard evidence,something that will stand up in court,are the SFA in the pockets of the OF(as vlad tried to say ,then shit himself when they threatened to take him to court)is Scottish football run by some kind of mafia,once again evidence,oh and finally were you and your cronies falling over yourself to back Yogi Hughes when he thought that everything was going against Falkirk or how about backing John Reid,were you right on his side when the going was getting tough for the tims,the answer NO,so why the feck should ANYONE in Scottish football give a hoot about vlad after all his inane rantings about how bad everything connected to Scottish football is wrong and he is right.

Even if he was correct about things he went the wrong way round of saying things,every sentence ended in a dig at some one or something,the guy is a buffoon of the highest order,something EVERYONE(apart from a small band of vlad fans) has been telling you,but hey looks more like vlad fans can't handle the truth,even when it's punching you in the face.

I can hear the GFA slurping and excuse making loud and clear. Fwiw I have always been pretty pragmatic about Vlad in that I always accepted there was/is fek all we can do about is idiosyncrasies. I gave him plenty of benefit of the doubts I'll grant you. I just hope he can find a buyer but it could ber a careful what you wish for moment.

Just think though, you have nothing to greet about when he does go. You'll be a wee lost lamb. On the down side I'll not be able to laugh at your pathetic posts anymore when he does go.

Dagger Is Back

The fact that the SPL manipulate the post split fixtures to ensure that the OF play each other at an 'acceptanle' time proves incompetence at least. That is a practice which could give other teams an unfair advantage in the run in.

I don't think they're all corrupt but they are totally incompetent and unprofessional.

any organisation that stands by Andy point for a corner then wave his flag cause noone is taking any notice of him due to everyone in the stadium knowing its a goal kick to get the refs atention for a penalty Davis

isnt worth a sook

kennyblack'sshot

Bang on the money there. :thumbsup: I also remember the ref that writes a column on a monday came out with a statement that was along the lines off " no surprise it was Michael Stewart and Hearts that were involved its to be expected from them" now if that doesn't smack off pre conceived notions which is not how refs should approach a game and is completely, unfair then what does???? :angry:

Yep and another ex-ref said on Jim Traynor's show that refs do have opinions on players they take into games - from things they read in the papers. He admitted for example he didn't like the way Derek Riorden played (not much wrong with that admittedly) but then it was pointed out that Riorden actually has a pretty clean disciplinary record and he said he was just going by his demeanour and what he reads about him or something. After that there was no doubt in my mind that refs take what they read in the papers about Hearts into games. Ask many fans of other teams (or even our own) about Zali and they consider him a thug. Then look at his disciplinary record - very good for a defender. A few reds (some earned; others ridiculous) but not the loads of yellow cards you'd think going by reports of him and Hearts in general.

It's not just refs who have admitted OF bias recently. The media has too. Archie McPherson admitted openly that he reported things the OF did wrong differently (i.e. downplayed them) from other teams doing the exact same things - because of the way either of the OF supports would then get on his back and accuse him of bias. If he does it you can be sure the lesser known journos without the backing of the BBC and under pressure to sell papers all do it too. The specific example was Hearts and Celtic fans abuse of Mark Walters - both identical incidents but Hearts fans were crucified (rightly) while Celtic fans behaviour was mentioned but downplayed.

downunder jambo

Maybe SPL games should be refereed by English refs, or at the very least, for games involving the Old Firm. I would think a ref living in England is pretty unlikely to have any soft spots or affiliations with any teams in Scotland and therefore less likely to appear to be biased. Just a thought.....!

Just saw Tansey's red card on the highlights - shocking decision, no wonder Butcher is livid.

On referees in general, I remember Sir Alex Ferguson when he was manager of Aberdeen saying that you had to be two goals better than Rangers or Celtic to get a win due to the bias of the referees. But I suppose possbily the best manager Britain has ever produced is also a raving, paranoid looney?!

But I suppose possbily the best manager Britain has ever produced is also a raving, paranoid looney?!

No, but he knows how to play the game and that involves influencing officials, the media and the establishment. We'll never know if SAF really believes that and frankly it doesnt matter, because by saying it he got a response.

Archived