Terry Butcher

Everybody loves Baz

Yep, was very good.

Referee refusing to speak to him and Butcher saying it'll be a waste of time him appealing it.

Tell us more. . . It it about the sending off?

Or the Celtic fans clear hatred of him!

i didnt hear it, but if terry has suddenly snapped after receiving abuse from opposition fans at this moment i'd be surprised.

just listened to the interview, and he was quite restrained. i felt he wanted to really rip into referees. he also called into question their competence.

just listened to the interview, and he was quite restrained. i felt he wanted to really rip into referees. he also called into question their competence.

Can only agree with him. That Collum didn't award us a penalty today for Kenneth's WWE hold on Sutton would be astonishing if it didn't happen to us every ******* week.

:down:

Terry says it all. SPL poorly refereed. Would on OF player have been sent off for the same offence. Doubt it. Ref couldn't get the red card out quick enough. Oh and Sellick fans I dulged in more illicit singing.

Can only agree with him. That Collum didn't award us a penalty today for Kenneth's WWE hold on Sutton would be astonishing if it didn't happen to us every ******* week.

:down:

Agree with Butcher

and your goodself!!!

had a laugh at Butcher but then immediately thought that his rant (and I think ICT are meeting refs during the week, or did I pick that up wrong?) will probably ensure they get away with murder next week......

southside1874

What you hear is a guy thats trained his players all week and prepared them for that game. He has a game plan and has put a lot of effort into it only for some fool to make his whole weeks work totally pointless. He then goes on to say about appealing the whole thing and the amount of work involved in preparing a report and travelling down to Glasgow to sit in front of folk who haven't played the game and explain yourself. There can't be much worse things in your working environment than having to explain yourself to someone who you have no respect for and has no experience of your position. While doing all this and getting totally worked up about it, you lose the focus of preparing your players for the next game.

There is a thread "How are we so bad" and possibly this could be a factor. I don't think there are many folk who play or manage football in the SPL that can have respect for the SFA.

I doubt that the SFA, the SPL and the SFL have the same agenda and are possibly trying to flex the muscle of the individual organisation to the detriment of the game. There will be huge individual egos bashing against each other.

Why can't the SFA not come out and say that the person who they appointed as the ref in that game performed badly and we are looking into the competence of him? When will the fans, players and managers of teams get the feeling that this organisation is trying to improve things? It needs to be transparent and for this we need honesty.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He was spot on. He'll get absolutely hammered for it but if we had more like him in the game they'd be forced to deal with the ridiculous incompetence of the officials. He said the ref wouldn't even speak to them about the decision which just about sums up the useless ****s.

They must be absolutely spewing about putting him in the hall of fame.

:jjyay:

Did he not have another major on screen rant last season which was top notch.

Never really liked him till he became a manager, but love the way he speaks his mind now.

And a lot of sense as well, keep it up Tel .... :thumbsup:

What you hear is a guy thats trained his players all week and prepared them for that game. He has a game plan and has put a lot of effort into it only for some fool to make his whole weeks work totally pointless. He then goes on to say about appealing the whole thing and the amount of work involved in preparing a report and travelling down to Glasgow to sit in front of folk who haven't played the game and explain yourself. There can't be much worse things in your working environment than having to explain yourself to someone who you have no respect for and has no experience of your position. While doing all this and getting totally worked up about it, you lose the focus of preparing your players for the next game.

Sounds like my work-place!

Only decent and just people like Butcher, Paulo and Vlad dare to take on the SFA ****s.

Shithouses and weaker individuals at other clubs just take it up the ******* and say **** all.

Old Terry is bang on the cash and not for the first time.

:thumbsup:

I think the referee blanked him because he thought he was going to get a kicking.

southside1874

He was spot on. He'll get absolutely hammered for it but if we had more like him in the game they'd be forced to deal with the ridiculous incompetence of the officials. He said the ref wouldn't even speak to them about the decision which just about sums up the useless ****s.

They must be absolutely spewing about putting him in the hall of fame.

:jjyay:

Yep, a new directive after Sergio said that the ref told him one thing and then changed his mind. They ref will have to go home and watch the incident over and over before he comes up with an excuse. I like how Butcher mentioned how one decision can have a bearing on the outcome of a game. This has been discussed on here previously and IMO a ref can see the individual battles and can make a call that influences that battle and then influences the game. A refs job is made difficult because of the integrity of the players sometimes but this never seems to be questioned. If video evidence shows a player to be diving or feigning injury then should they be brought in and asked about their conduct? Is there any honour among players just now?

cumbernauldjambo83

I'm sure Mr Butcher stuck up for the opposition when he assisted referee's in his time as a Rangers player.

Stop on! Stuff um, he's still a currant bun!

The thing is, he may be right, but why did he and everyone else keep their trap shut when Vlad and Hearts spoke out, letting us get hammered with fines and ridiculed?

If they backed us, then collectively we would have been more powerful but they didn't so I am struggling to find sympathy.

Corrupt and incompetent. The fact that the only "homest man" - Steve Craven, in the Dougie McDonald/Neil Lennon fiasco got a life ban from refereeing for telling the truth sums up the whole ethos behind those who control the game here. Nothing is ever going to change with the game here until there is fundimental change in the way refereeing issues are handled and complaints about the way some officials behave are dealt with openly and honestly.

There is no sign of this happening and that's one reason for the game rotting away here.

Barney Rubble

What i'd do for Butcher as our manager.

How a big club hasn't snapped him up yet is a mystery.

Yeah imagine the headlines the monkeys could think up with him at the helm, "football butchered" "the fabulous butcher boys" "like lambs to the slaughter" yeah but still im with you i would love big TEL as manager post Vlad .

What i'd do for Butcher as our manager.

How a big club hasn't snapped him up yet is a mystery.

Yeh, sitting bottom of the league, which is full of dross, its hard to tell why that has not happened.

Yeh, sitting bottom of the league, which is full of dross, its hard to tell why that has not happened.

Inverness even being in the SPL is a huge achievement.

And anyway when they beat us next week they wont be bottom.

Inverness even being in the SPL is a huge achievement.

And anyway when they beat us next week they wont be bottom.

Utter nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense.

lost in leith

Corrupt and incompetent. The fact that the only "homest man" - Steve Craven, in the Dougie McDonald/Neil Lennon fiasco got a life ban from refereeing for telling the truth sums up the whole ethos behind those who control the game here. Nothing is ever going to change with the game here until there is fundimental change in the way refereeing issues are handled and complaints about the way some officials behave are dealt with openly and honestly.

There is no sign of this happening and that's one reason for the game rotting away here.

:huh: I thought he resigned?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/25/assistan-referee-quits-celtic-dundee-united

Everybody loves Baz

Utter nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense.

You mean just like the rest of the Shite he spouts ?

There is a thread "How are we so bad" and possibly this could be a factor. I don't think there are many folk who play or manage football in the SPL that can have respect for the SFA.

I doubt that the SFA, the SPL and the SFL have the same agenda and are possibly trying to flex the muscle of the individual organisation to the detriment of the game. There will be huge individual egos bashing against each other.

Why can't the SFA not come out and say that the person who they appointed as the ref in that game performed badly and we are looking into the competence of him? When will the fans, players and managers of teams get the feeling that this organisation is trying to improve things? It needs to be transparent and for this we need honesty.

It's all summed up by the SFA's appointment of someone from outside football who is employed to scour all evidence and prosecute those found guilty of kicking the ad boards in frustration as if they'd murdered a wean!

And, please note, does absolutely nothing when the SFA's own officials are guilty of gross incompetence or worse!

For example, even if you reject any accusation of bias, why is Mr Brines, who is guilty of incompetence regularly across the board, exceptionally incompetent when he's refereeing a Hearts game?

If this "prosecutor" is worth anyhting, surely he should be looking at the evidence that proves that thesis, unquestionably, over a number of years.

The thing is, he may be right, but why did he and everyone else keep their trap shut when Vlad and Hearts spoke out, letting us get hammered with fines and ridiculed?

If they backed us, then collectively we would have been more powerful but they didn't so I am struggling to find sympathy.

Because vlad spouted utter drivel about the mafia shit and how Scottish football was corrupt,which I think you'll find only a small minority of vlad fans and some morons from the tims think,hope that answers your question about why the rest of Scottish football fell silent at vlads ridiculous rants. :thumbsup:

Daydream Believer
The thing is, he may be right, but why did he and everyone else keep their trap shut when Vlad and Hearts spoke out, letting us get hammered with fines and ridiculed? If they backed us, then collectively we would have been more powerful but they didn't so I am struggling to find sympathy.
Probably because instead of speaking quietly to the other clubs owners and then preparing a lucid statement explaining that ALL clubs outwith the OF were given a poor deal, he decided to spout a lot of incoherent nonsense about the football mafia.

Seymour M Hersh

Because vlad spouted utter drivel about the mafia shit and how Scottish football was corrupt,which I think you'll find only a small minority of vlad fans and some morons from the tims think,hope that answers your question about why the rest of Scottish football fell silent at vlads ridiculous rants. :thumbsup:

It's not utter drivel. He is correct in many of his observations about football in this country. Puts it across in a strange way right enough but he's right. Trouble is GFA slurpers like you don't like the truth. :thumbsup:

Carl Spackler

The simple fact is that regardless of one teams capability in comparison to the other the referee can influence the game almost to the point of deciding the result. Without censure, explanation or punishment. Disciplinary matters are one way.

The game is professional and the officials are amateurs. Therefore the game is amateur.

Until this is addressed Scottish Football will never improve. It's not the only problem but it's certainly one of them.

Is that not what is similar to what others have said since. Perhaps they said it in a less controversial manner. The words may be different but their complaints are the sane

Mark Guidi was on the radio last week saying that incident is far from finished. He said there is a HUGE cover up by the SFA and it will come out very soon. That boy CRaven cant even ref amatuer football in Glasgow, dont know about elsewhere, because the Glasgow ref assoc are helping with the cover up. Allegedly.

It's not utter drivel. He is correct in many of his observations about football in this country. Puts it across in a strange way right enough but he's right. Trouble is GFA slurpers like you don't like the truth. :thumbsup:

Okay vlad sooker,is the SFA corrupt,and don't just give me the usual pish that vlad pedals,give me hard evidence,something that will stand up in court,are the SFA in the pockets of the OF(as vlad tried to say ,then shit himself when they threatened to take him to court)is Scottish football run by some kind of mafia,once again evidence,oh and finally were you and your cronies falling over yourself to back Yogi Hughes when he thought that everything was going against Falkirk or how about backing John Reid,were you right on his side when the going was getting tough for the tims,the answer NO,so why the feck should ANYONE in Scottish football give a hoot about vlad after all his inane rantings about how bad everything connected to Scottish football is wrong and he is right.

Even if he was correct about things he went the wrong way round of saying things,every sentence ended in a dig at some one or something,the guy is a buffoon of the highest order,something EVERYONE(apart from a small band of vlad fans) has been telling you,but hey looks more like vlad fans can't handle the truth,even when it's punching you in the face.

Is that not what is similar to what others have said since. Perhaps they said it in a less controversial manner. The words may be different but their complaints are the sane

Can't remember anyone saying anything about "mafia","corrupt","refs paid of by the OF" and numerous other pieces of drivel that only vlad can spout and feeble minded agree with every word without actually knowing what the feck he's on about.

Refs in Scotland right now,not very good,incompitent,yes at times,corrupt NO.

alwaysthereinspirit

Can't remember anyone saying anything about "mafia","corrupt","refs paid of by the OF" and numerous other pieces of drivel that only vlad can spout and feeble minded agree with every word without actually knowing what the feck he's on about.

Refs in Scotland right now,not very good,incompitent,yes at times,corrupt NO.

Answer me this. Do refs in Scotland need to take cash or gifts to be corrupt or do obvioud dodgy decisions to one of two teams on a consistent basis then just drop them down a notch to incompetent?

Tynecastle Valhalla

the refs here do give decisions to the old firm more than they should

they know they are doing it

it is a concious decision

my view on it is not because they support that team it is because there is such sctrutiny from the media and old firm fans on every decision in games involving old firm teams that if they dont they get serious grief.

there are stories about the children of referees being bullied because their parents are refs and the more they give to the old firm the less they will get negative attention.

at the end of the day i have no sympathy for most of the refs.

one thing i would say is that the sfa do what they can to preserve the old firm's power and dominence and they are also scared of them which is why they never do anything about the scandelous decisions that continue to be made

Answer me this. Do refs in Scotland need to take cash or gifts to be corrupt or do obvioud dodgy decisions to one of two teams on a consistent basis then just drop them down a notch to incompetent?

Answer me this,have you ever spoke about football to someone who watches either of the OF on a regular basis,they will tell you the same,they also get well dodgy decisions made against them,oh and tell me this,did you see the highlights of the Wigan Blackburn game,wonder how that refs incompetence will help either of the OF.

As I've said on numerous occasions,if vlad and others think that the refs in this country are corrupt,then take them to court,do something if he is that convinced,he must have hard evidence of such practices,go on vlad,you bum on about it all the time,show us how convinced you are by bringing the SFA and the refs to justice,just don't hold your breath mate for that to happen.

the refs here do give decisions to the old firm more than they should

they know they are doing it

it is a concious decision

my view on it is not because they support that team it is because there is such sctrutiny from the media and old firm fans on every decision in games involving old firm teams that if they dont they get serious grief.

there are stories about the children of referees being bullied because their parents are refs and the more they give to the old firm the less they will get negative attention.

at the end of the day i have no sympathy for most of the refs.

one thing i would say is that the sfa do what they can to preserve the old firm's power and dominence and they are also scared of them which is why they never do anything about the scandelous decisions that continue to be made

You do not need to receive cash to be corrupt.

Remember, Willie Young has admitted on radio he officiated Old Firm games differently. That is corrupt even if no money changed hands.

Malinga the Swinga

If I remember correctly, Mr Young confirmed taht fouls that would merit a yellow card were ignored in old firm games, as if you applied the rules, they would both end up with about 8 players each. He also advised you had to be aware of teh crowd and how they would react, so he let things go that other clubs, such as Hearts, would be penalised for.

This means their players do not get suspensions, whereas ours do. This means their players are described as 'Not that type of player', whereas ours are over physical.

This means Steven Naismith can elbow a pleyer in the face, then about two weeks later try and snap anothers players leg, and he receives no card (he did get retrospective ban) in either game, and as a result, Rangers do not go down to 10 men in either match.

The rules of football do not say anything about treating some matches differently, and being lenient because sub humans who support the old firm cannot behave during or after a game, yet that is how the Scottish referees choose to behave.

The definition of corrupt is immoral or tainted. That is what the referees are doing as they are immorally applying rules and as a result, football in Scotland is tainted.

Scottish referees are corrupt.

If I remember correctly, Mr Young confirmed taht fouls that would merit a yellow card were ignored in old firm games, as if you applied the rules, they would both end up with about 8 players each. He also advised you had to be aware of teh crowd and how they would react, so he let things go that other clubs, such as Hearts, would be penalised for.

This means their players do not get suspensions, whereas ours do. This means their players are described as 'Not that type of player', whereas ours are over physical.

This means Steven Naismith can elbow a pleyer in the face, then about two weeks later try and snap anothers players leg, and he receives no card (he did get retrospective ban) in either game, and as a result, Rangers do not go down to 10 men in either match.

The rules of football do not say anything about treating some matches differently, and being lenient because sub humans who support the old firm cannot behave during or after a game, yet that is how the Scottish referees choose to behave.

The definition of corrupt is immoral or tainted. That is what the referees are doing as they are immorally applying rules and as a result, football in Scotland is tainted.

Spot on. It is not just reputations. As you say it future suspensions. It is also fines.

I do not believe either of the Old Fiirm payed Young but he has proven himself to be corrupt.

Bang on the money there. :thumbsup: I also remember the ref that writes a column on a monday came out with a statement that was along the lines off " no surprise it was Michael Stewart and Hearts that were involved its to be expected from them" now if that doesn't smack off pre conceived notions which is not how refs should approach a game and is completely, unfair then what does???? :angry:

Archived