So who is for the chop?

jambo in iraq

jambo in iraq

From what Fedotovas has said I reckon the following players are up for the chop. The good thing is they might have half a season to up their games and either win a decent move or a new contract, Might be stroke of genius from our Lithuanian cousins to stick up rocket up the arses of some of the players we have.

Balogh

Barr

Webster (maybe)

Zal (will be sold for a fee)

Black ( liability)

Touil (no pace, not good enough)

Suso (want to go home)

Sutton (not good enough)

Kyle ( a shame as when fit he carries us)

Driver (half a season to get back to where he was)

Jason Thomson (not good enough)

Craig Thomson (should not still be here...)

By my estimates that will clear up anywhere between 35-30k per week which is 1.5 million a year.

Added to that we will likely take in maybe another million for the lot ( more if driver gets fit)

Depressing times but if im honest there are only a few of the above that I would genuinely miss!

Problem with our squad is we have too many similar types and not enough variety in the team.

From the "Jambo in Iraq" list...

Balogh - Signed a long contract expecting to be first choice or at least given matches = underused

Barr - Signed as one of the most promising defenders in Scotland and never given a run in the team

Webster - Best defender in Scotland by a mile and a good signing, especially for nothing and should stay

Zaliukas - Never rated him at anytime so be glad to see the back of him

Taouil - Potentially good signing but in a better attack-minded team, Sergio's fault

Black - Never understood signing him in the first place, can leave as soon as possible for me

Suso - Wants to go home, fair enough but should use him 'til his contract ends

Sutton - Excellent goalscorer not given a run in the team, managers a fud, he'll still be here after Sergio gets the bullet

Kyle - Shame about the injury, massive impact last season and well worth the signing

Driver - Last chance saloon, and one of our top players

J Thomson - Never looked the part so no great loss

C Thomson - Contract should've been ripped up and deserves no chance at the club.

There's plenty others that should be heading out the door, Obua, Mrowiec, C Elliot, McDonald, and a few players that have been here for a long time now and haven't even sniffed the first team, Parks, Balatoni etc

jambo in iraq

Your list of players would free up a lot more than 30-35k per week.

Not sure it would be much more tbh, maybe if you include win bonus etc

Balogh - 2k

Barr - 2k

Webster (maybe) 2.5k

Zal (will be sold for a fee) 3K

Black ( liability) 2K

Touil (no pace, not good enough) 4K

Suso (want to go home) 2k

Sutton (not good enough) 3k

Kyle ( a shame as when fit he carries us) 3k

Driver (half a season to get back to where he was) 5k

Jason Thomson (not good enough) 0.5k

Craig Thomson (should not still be here...)1k

=30k maybe a wee bit out on Kyle and Driver.

If you include Skacel you probably get up to closer to 40k

Balogh - 2k

Barr - 2k

Webster (maybe) 2.5k

Black ( liability) 2K

Is this guesswork or actual knowledge? I'm doubtful we are paying as little as that tbh.

jambo in iraq

Is this guesswork or actual knowledge? I'm doubtful we are paying as little as that tbh.

total guess work and a little bit if FM2012:)

Balogh - 2k

Barr - 2k

Webster (maybe) 2.5k

Black ( liability) 2K

i would think we are paying at least double that!

i would think we are paying at least double that!

I would agree, triple for some of the players too. Certainly no change from ?100k p/w.

Balogh - 2k

Barr - 2k

Webster (maybe) 2.5k

Black ( liability) 2K

That's what they should be on but unfortunately they are all on a good bit more than that apart from Taouil and Sutton.

If anyone doesn't believe me just look at our accounts which confirm we've been paying close to ?200k a week in total wages. To put that in a simplistic manner that would be 30 players at ?6,666 per week!

Even if we're perhaps down to ?150k per week bow that's still 30 players on an average of ?5k or 25 players on at ?6k. However you want to look at it the wages we have been paying are ridiculous.

That's why we need to pay so much tax on the wages to HMRC.

Alwaysinourshadows

Balogh - 2k

Barr - 2k

Webster (maybe) 2.5k

Black ( liability) 2K

Barr is on about 6-8 grand a week and balogh and zaliukas will probably be on more than what you have said

Skacel is almost for definite going to go, along with Kello most likely to be transferred and Templeton will not be at the club come February :(

Barr Should be kept, with games he'd come good and with the chances of a mass clear out we'll need him

Barr was murder when he did get a chance when he arrived,sure he was carrying an injury though[sHOCK] but that may well be a good shout bud :)

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I'd keep Jason Thomson and Medhi.

Reasons:-

JT - been a stand-out performer in an abject Dunfermline side this season (but they still beat Hibs :jjyay:)

MT - I like him as a player. Hasn't shown his full potential yet, but I feel would easily click into a side with players that Paulo likes.

Where's Wally

Barr was murder when he did get a chance when he arrived,sure he was carrying an injury though[sHOCK] but that may well be a good shout bud :)

If I recall correctly, when we signed Barr from Falkirk, he was also talking with Hibs and an English club (it might have been Preston). I'm sure there was a report that we offered him ?5,500 per week and that secured the transfer.

If I recall correctly, when we signed Barr from Falkirk, he was also talking with Hibs and an English club (it might have been Preston). I'm sure there was a report that we offered him ?5,500 per week and that secured the transfer.

And you wonder how we are skint :rolleyes:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Darren Barr on ?5,500 per week...

frustrated.jpg

Italian Lambretta

From the team that started today i would only keep Templeton, McGowan, Webster and Eggert

Alll the rest can go except the young lads sitting on the bench at moment.

vlad on the tyne

Sergio would also be a contender for the chop. To not score in 4 games in this league is a ******* disgrace and much of its down to Sergio tactics and poor selections. I don't see him having anything in his locker that suggests he will take us forward in the long term.

On his day wee Temps can light up a game but for too long his poor decision making and final ball has been a major reason why our attacks seem to break down. Maybe the players we have around him don't compliment his style or its Sergio style of play but there is no doubt his progress has seriously stalled.

Italian Lambretta

If what Sergey Fedatovas is saying is going to happen then i dont see any point on Paulo staying beynd the new year. We will need a coach that has worked with all the young lads that are going to be in ths 1st team.

It will be someone who is currently on a low annual salary and already works with young players such as Robbo, John McGlynn or soneone like that.

Build the team round Webster and Eggert. Alot of the more experienced players can go, for the money they are on I'm not seeing good enough performances. Would like to keep Rudi till the end of the season too.

The White Cockade

Nobody is for the chop

if they are still under contract they will only go if another team wants them and they are happy to go

ie we will still have the crappy players until the end of their contracts but the better players may go

If what Sergey Fedatovas is saying is going to happen then i dont see any point on Paulo staying beynd the new year. We will need a coach that has worked with all the young lads that are going to be in ths 1st team.

It will be someone who is currently on a low annual salary and already works with young players such as Robbo, John McGlynn or soneone like that.

What job were Sergio and his two guys brought in to do if not that job?

Win the title?

Italian Lambretta

Just ask Scott Robinson and Gordon Smith why theh cannot get a game.

What job were Sergio and his two guys brought in to do if not that job?

Win the title?

Just ask Scott Robinson and Gordon Smith why theh cannot get a game.

I think both should have had more game time.

Was more a question about what the Board were thinking. New signings and a new manager followed a couple of months later by penury and claims that the squad will be halved in size.

I think that the first people to go should be:

Roman Romanov - Chairman/Interim Chief Executive

Non-executive Directors - Fedetovas, Goncaruk and Vasiliauskas

SACK THE BOARD

crap in training?

Even if they are, they surely must be better than the polish toilet cleaner who plays every week despite being complete and utter horse.

Even if they are, they surely must be better than the polish toilet cleaner who plays every week despite being complete and utter horse.

:D

Tiberius Stinkfinger

No players in contract will be going anywhere.

No players in contract will be going anywhere.

Its not brain science ffs.

Players can only be 'chopped' if someone wants to buy them or if they are at the end of their contracts. Out of the players who are contracted beyond the summer the only player I could see anyone paying a fee for is Templeton. From the players out of contract in the next two windows the only players that are likely to stay would probably have to take a pay cut so the majority will go. The immediate problem is getting to the end of the season saddled with the current wage bill, Romanov has said he will continue to fund the club, it remains to be seen if he does.

My view is that if we still have a club to support next season it will feature cheap, contracted players such as Robinson, Smith, Novikovas and McGowan (whether you like it or not) so let's get these guys in the team as first team regulars now, who knows we may even score another goal this year.

Not even Andy Driver ?

Suspect a loan move will be on the cards for him, DH.

Kello for a couple of hundred grand.

Drylaw Hearts

Suspect a loan move will be on the cards for him, DH.

Kello for a couple of hundred grand.

Agree about Driver but I can see Kello running down his deal and leaving for nowt.

Do you know different or are you being your pedantic self ?

I wasn't being pedantic...I was merely asking you to confirm that the under contract Andrew Driver won't be leaving.

Players can only be 'chopped' if someone wants to buy them or if they are at the end of their contracts. Out of the players who are contracted beyond the summer the only player I could see anyone paying a fee for is Templeton. From the players out of contract in the next two windows the only players that are likely to stay would probably have to take a pay cut so the majority will go. The immediate problem is getting to the end of the season saddled with the current wage bill, Romanov has said he will continue to fund the club, it remains to be seen if he does.

My view is that if we still have a club to support next season it will feature cheap, contracted players such as Robinson, Smith, Novikovas and McGowan (whether you like it or not) so let's get these guys in the team as first team regulars now, who knows we may even score another goal this year.

While you are correct, we can allow players to be released from their contracts early if they can get fixed up elsewhere in January and thus reduce our wage bill.

Why would a player want to go under these circumstances? Well ideally they wouldn't but if they stay on until the end of the season there will almost certainly be a glut of released players in the market place looking for fewer openings whereas if they could get fixed up on say a 2 year contract elsewhere, that removes a lot of uncertainty. They still have mortgages to pay and families to keep so no doubt they will weigh up what is best in the long run.

While you are correct, we can allow players to be released from their contracts early if they can get fixed up elsewhere in January and thus reduce our wage bill.

Why would a player want to go under these circumstances? Well ideally they wouldn't but if they stay on until the end of the season there will almost certainly be a glut of released players in the market place looking for fewer openings whereas if they could get fixed up on say a 2 year contract elsewhere, that removes a lot of uncertainty. They still have mortgages to pay and families to keep so no doubt they will weigh up what is best in the long run.

Players under these circumstances could sign a pre-contract agreement in January to leave the club in the summer although it may be in everyone's interest for a player in those circumstances to be released from his contract in January instead. Hearts don't have to pay their wages for six months, the new club gets the player early and the player does not have to endure the current uncertainty of wondering whether his wages will be in his account on payday. Another option is that players will go out on loan with the borrowing club paying a proportion of their wages.

Players under these circumstances could sign a pre-contract agreement in January to leave the club in the summer although it may be in everyone's interest for a player in those circumstances to be released from his contract in January instead. Hearts don't have to pay their wages for six months, the new club gets the player early and the player does not have to endure the current uncertainty of wondering whether his wages will be in his account on payday. Another option is that players will go out on loan with the borrowing club paying a proportion of their wages.

They can indeed but I guess (I don't exactly know) the actual signing will be subject to a medical which means they run the risk of injury in the interim. A bird in the hand....

As you say it could be in everyone's interests.

Snake Plissken

Ah, a clear-out thread.

We've had one of these about once a fortnight since this board started and this is probably the third this week.

I imagine everyone out of contract bar MacDonald, Jonsson and Stevenson will go.

I'd keep Jason Thomson and Medhi.

Reasons:-

JT - been a stand-out performer in an abject Dunfermline side this season (but they still beat Hibs :jjyay:)

MT - I like him as a player. Hasn't shown his full potential yet, but I feel would easily click into a side with players that Paulo likes.

JT is a lump o wid!

zal is on over ?10k per week basic plus add-ons

i am being serious

14K a WEEK :| unreal.

Got that after demanding to be the highest paid player at the club when Kingston was still here.

Balogh - 2k

Barr - 2k

Webster (maybe) 2.5k

Black ( liability) 2K

After 5 years and club captain only on 3k per week, doubtful very very doubtful.

Tynecastle Valhalla

14K a WEEK :| unreal.

Got that after demanding to be the highest paid player at the club when Kingston was still here.

didnt know exact figures however i had been told from someone who would know directly what he and others are on that if all goes to plan on a saturday, i.e. he plays, team wins, he scores etc his total wage can amount to over ?20k per week

Some of the figures quoted are just balony -- no one at the club is on a five figure weekly basic salary.

There have been players of course on salaries in excess of this but not now.

Re the chop -- we have an over abundance of midfielders for example and will not miss Obua, Suso, Balogh, J Thomson, Elliot, Elliott, Barr -- there will be others moving on also like Skacel (contracted only until January 2012), Sutton, Stevenson if no new contract signed.

In summer we will need to decide on Black, Novikovas, Driver, Temps.

We are short in defence and I would like to see most stay but money talks and Zal and Webster must be possibilities (re Zal Russian season kicks off in March so he may move later than January as that is his most likely destination.)

Archived