Ref on GFA bonus

asomerville

I see the Ref has picked up his Red Card bonus for sending off Tansey in the Celtic game. Will the ref at Castle Grayskull get his bonus?

I see the Ref has picked up his Red Card bonus for sending off Tansey in the Celtic game. Will the ref at Castle Grayskull get his bonus?

The ref is Steve O'Reilly from Rutherglen in Glasgow.

Seems like another geographically neutral appointment by the GFA and that is not intended as a sleight on the official.

I have not seen what led to the red card so I don't if it's deserved or not; when I say deserved I mean is it something for which a Celtic player would have been sent off.

Did Rangers not get two dodgy penalties there earlier in the season, or one at least so the ref is obliged to even up the dodgy decisions between Celtic and Rangers.

It was like the dodgy red card Jonsson got against Rangers last season. The next game against Celtic Obua got a dodgy red card.

This is what is meant by things evening themselves up throughout the season.

If it is a red card and one which a Celtic player would also have got then fair enough.

It really does spoil the games, by ALL accounts on the radio it was never a red card, the referee's views was obstructed and Samaras went down like a sniper had got him, holding his ugly puss -straight red, immediate, without any hesitation, just couldn't wait. All these Inverness fans pay their money, and on a whim the game's over - no recourse, they can just f up a game with impunity.

Seems like another geographically neutral appointment by the GFA and that is not intended as a sleight on the official.

I have not seen what led to the red card so I don't if it's deserved or not; when I say deserved I mean is it something for which a Celtic player would have been sent off.

Rutherglen is south lanarkshire not Glasgow ooopps

It wasn't even close to a red card & the referee was directly behind Samaras at the time so couldn't possibly have seen it clearly. A shame as ICT were giving them a game up till that point - I switched over shortly after.

An old firm player would not even have been spoken to.

Lots of Inverness fans will now have had enough of the cheating and bias.

More fans will be lost to our game in Scotland due to corrupt cheating.

But we all expect it now.

And are never really shocked.

Randle P McMurphy

Rutherglen is south lanarkshire not Glasgow ooopps

rutherglen is definitely in glasgow, its only a couple of miles from hampden park

rutherglen is definitely in glasgow, its only a couple of miles from hampden park

I don't know if it's technically in S Lanarks or not but I seriously doubt it. You are correct however it's an easy walk to Hampden from there.

Rutherglen people get quite uppity about being a royal burgh or something. I'd be staggered if it wasn't under the control of Glasgow City Council though.... just checked on tinternet... it IS South Lanarkshire (since 1996)

Just saw it on SSN.

Never a red in a million years.

Typical old-firm only decision. No wonder Butcher's raging.

scots civil war

after hearing the announcement of the geezer getting sent off on the radio today

i just kept muttering `*******s` `*******s``*******s` for about the next hour.......

corrupt or incompetent officials on both sides of the pitch are ******* this country`s game up big style

we should occupy park ******* gardens....................

after hearing the announcement of the geezer getting sent off on the radio today

i just kept muttering `*******s` `*******s``*******s` for about the next hour.......

corrupt or incompetent officials on both sides of the pitch are ******* this country`s game up big style

we should occupy park ******* gardens....................

Will Butcher get called up in front of the SFA beaks (ala Sergio) for his comments about today's ref being incompetent ...... or is that just something that happens to Hearts managers?

:whistling:

southside1874

Even most Celtic fans will tell you it was a very soft sending off. They are not alarmed by it though as its what they expect. The weegies know they get the calls but they aint going to moan about it. Scottish football is on its knees because of this.

The Old Tolbooth

I went to Rutherglen once. It was a shit-hole, I've never been back.

It makes Methill look like Princess Street, Rutherglen is a complete and utter toilet of a place, an arsehole of society!

scots civil war

stephen o`reilly from rutherglen

referring that game today.......dear oh ******* dear

you cannot get more of a tim than that can you

what a messed up ******* game we have here

laughable if not downright pathetic............

:down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

and :banghead:

Not seen the red card at ICT yet but Butcher was absolutely raging!

How may dodgy tackles by Neilson today before gollum booked him.............if that had been one of ours he'd have been off by the third......Neilson wasn't even booked until the 5th or 6th!

Scottish football is on it's arse.................when are these feckers at Hampden gonna do something to at least put games on a level par?

Is it any coincidence that the only games where we aren't complaining about referees are european games i.e. not a Scottish referee.

Is it any coincidence that Inverness managed a draw at parkhead (coming from 2 goals down) when the Scottish referees were on strike. i.e. no Scottish referees.

[Rangers were fortunate enough not to have a game at the time].

As has been said on numerous occassions, referees in this country are either supporters of the old firm or are under pressure to not give decisions which upset the old firm.

This pressure comes from the media, their friends, family, neighbours etc and of course it's human nature to make decisions which make your life easier.

Foreign referees are the answer and the solution is a referee swap scheme set up with other countries.

The only possible reason for such a scheme not being set up is that the powers in the game don't want a fair game and the majority of the Scottish clubs happily accept this.

We as fans can complain all we want about our corrupt game, but until the clubs demand change we can continue to look forward to referees being the main talking/moaning point after each game.

aberhill jambo

It makes Methill look like Princess Street, Rutherglen is a complete and utter toilet of a place, an arsehole of society!

At least people from Methil are educated enough to spell Methil.So where are you from.

Agreed and it seems like an age to drive through it.

Jam Tarts 1874

Is it any coincidence that the only games where we aren't complaining about referees are european games i.e. not a Scottish referee.

Is it any coincidence that Inverness managed a draw at parkhead (coming from 2 goals down) when the Scottish referees were on strike. i.e. no Scottish referees.

[Rangers were fortunate enough not to have a game at the time].

As has been said on numerous occassions, referees in this country are either supporters of the old firm or are under pressure to not give decisions which upset the old firm.

This pressure comes from the media, their friends, family, neighbours etc and of course it's human nature to make decisions which make your life easier.

Foreign referees are the answer and the solution is a referee swap scheme set up with other countries.

The only possible reason for such a scheme not being set up is that the powers in the game don't want a fair game and the majority of the Scottish clubs happily accept this.

We as fans can complain all we want about our corrupt game, but until the clubs demand change we can continue to look forward to referees being the main talking/moaning point after each game.

Totally agree, as long as the GFA are appointing referees from the west coast there are always going to be referees who will at all times take the path of least resistance.

Archived