Fedotovas Speaks

Flogel7

The mismanagement of our club has been staggering.

Agree with about everything in your post but the bit in bold.

It belongs to a Lithuanian banker and they own every part of it. The only part that "our"'s is its soul.

And where did the money come from to pay Velicka?

And how did Velicka's wages compare in aggregate to the approx ?30m in debt write-offs (debt for equity and debt forgiveness)?

The money that paid Velicka was undoubtedly paid from the good ol' folks who pay to watch our club every week. I'd bet there's little records on the Kaunas books that he was paid by them.

Debt write-off? We owe it to ourselves, don't we?

Let's not forget about Hearts paying the wages of Velicka - while the transfer money received goes straight to Lithuania.

That's verging on criminal - and some folk believe this Lith to be an honest, upstanding individual.

He's as complicit to the whole debacle as Vlad and his son.

Sorry, but this leaves a nasty taste and I hope that one day the truth comes out.

We got Velicka for nout and he became our top scorer on a pittance wage. Cracking deal, imo.

The money that paid Velicka was undoubtedly paid from the good ol' folks who pay to watch our club every week. I'd bet there's little records on the Kaunas books that he was paid by them.

Debt write-off? We owe it to ourselves, don't we?

Velicka was on loan to Hearts - and sold by his club Kaunas. Not sure what sort of a problem there was with that.

Velicka was on loan to Hearts - and sold by his club Kaunas. Not sure what sort of a problem there was with that.

Maybe you're correct.

I assumed that Velicka was one of the 'ghost' registration fees that accumulated several millions and he was actually 'ours'

Not fussed now - we didn't see a penny. Maybe a shed load of goals makes the deal all right.

He was sold for ?1m wasn't he? Must be a record transfer in the Lith league.

Maybe you're correct.

I assumed that Velicka was one of the 'ghost' registration fees that accumulated several millions and he was actually 'ours'

Not fussed now - we didn't see a penny. Maybe a shed load of goals makes the deal all right.

He was sold for ?1m wasn't he? Must be a record transfer in the Lith league.

I think that the fees for registrations paid to Kaunas were for the likes of Bednar and Goncalves, but perhaps there were others too.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Mr Romanov's commitment to Hearts is unquestionable with his ?60 million plus investment in seven years being more than any other individual has put in to Scottish football as a whole.

This is probably true of most club owners but I'm not sure how lining the pockets of chronic wasters like Pinilla, Kingston and Nade is "putting money into Scottish football". It's like calling the money Van Damme got for his Chechnya trip a 'donation to the arts'. :huh:

Mr Romanov's commitment to Hearts is unquestionable with his ?60 million plus investment in seven years being more than any other individual has put in to Scottish football as a whole.

This is probably true of most club owners but I'm not sure how lining the pockets of chronic wasters like Pinilla, Kingston and Nade is "putting money into Scottish football". It's like calling the money Van Damme got for his Chechnya trip a 'donation to the arts'. :huh:

I'm not one for sticking up for Vlad but there was no doubting either of these players' pedigrees when they signed - Pinilla has shown since just what a good player he is - but what we did not do well was look after them well and they were allowed to lose their way.

I suppose we can blame Vlad for allowing a certain culture to exist at the club at the time but the investment in both these players was justifiable.

Same could probably be said about Nade. He had skill but also had issues which affected his professionalism and he could have been handled better.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'm not one for sticking up for Vlad but there was no doubting either of these players' pedigrees when they signed - Pinilla has shown since just what a good player he is - but what we did not do well was look after them well and they were allowed to lose their way.

I suppose we can blame Vlad for allowing a certain culture to exist at the club at the time but the investment in both these players was justifiable.

Same could probably be said about Nade. He had skill but also had issues which affected his professionalism and he could have been handled better.

Absolutely, I agree. But let's call it what is was - a vanity splurge on players with issues - not "investment in Scottish football". :thumbsup:

Archived