Guest Bilel Mohsni

Game just kicked off against Kilmarnock at Riccarton

Team:

Hamilton

Mullen McKay Paterson McHattie

Kane Tapping A.King

Carrick Nicholson B.King

Let's hope McGowan doesn't pick up a knock against United today... :ermm:

How do you think that line-up will perform Ross? Is it significantly weaker without the promoted boys or will others relish their new roles in their absence?

jamboinglasgow

HT 0-0 McGhee on for Carrick, McGhee goes into centre back, Patterson goes up front. Hearts better team, B. king header hits the post and somehow doesn't go in, Patterson hits a great chance at the goalkeeper. Nicholson looks good so does Mullen.

Are the King's related?

To be honest I'm probably looking forward more to finding out how the lads at Raith get on in the bounce game

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Are the King's related?

To be honest I'm probably looking forward more to finding out how the lads at Raith get on in the bounce game

Do we have a thread for that game? Seems worthwhile. :thumbsup:

Still think it is incredibly short sighted not to select our only fit left back in the first team.

That aside, from the above side, I was impressed with Tapping & Mullen against Hibs and was impressed with McGhee & Nicholson against St Mirren.

Where are Killie in the league compared to us?

7th to our 1st, 18 points behind us but with a game in hand

Adam & Billy King are brothers, another (younger) brother is with Livi, and an even younger with Edina Hibs. Dad Joe teaches them to kick a ball before learning to walk. :rolleyes:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Adam & Billy King are brothers, another (younger) brother is with Livi, and an even younger with Edina Hibs. Dad Joe teaches them to kick a ball before learning to walk. :rolleyes:

Dad's name's Joe King aye? Nightmare...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Aye. Parents with a sense of humour,:woot:

Must be... Just hope Joe had one at school! :lol:

Sired a couple of Jambos for us though eh, so a good man I would wager. :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

Callum Tapping's strike flies past the keeper for the first goal

IMG_9351.jpg

Sam Nicholson's volleyed second goal (not quite sharp). He showed great technique.

IMG_9356.jpg

Callum Tapping's strike flies past the keeper for the first goal

IMG_9351.jpg

Sam Nicholson's volleyed second goal (not quite sharp). He showed great technique.

IMG_9356.jpg

Looks like UNBELIEVABLE TEKKERS for the 2nd goal.

Footballfirst

It was a decent performance from a young side missing the ability of Holt, Walker and Smith. Hearts had a few chances, particularly in the first half with headers from Billy King and Callum Paterson hitting the post and Kevin McHattie heading wide when he should have done better. Callum Paterson also missed a couple of good chances after he moved up front. Killie had a couple of decent chances themselves. One that Adam King cleared off the line after Jack Hamilton forced the striker wide on a quick break and the second from a free kick that clipped the top of the bar. I thought that Hearts play was a bit too frantic after going two up, when they really should have been looking to calm the game down and keep possession.

It was encouraging to see a number of players who will make up the backbone of next season's side getting a good run out in a competitive game at U19 level. It will however be a lot tougher next week, away to Celtic (Sunday 27th at Barrowfield with a 1pm kick off).

Footballfirst

Quote (and understatement of the day) from Darren Murray

Sam Nicholson looking to get on the end of a chipped clearance up the left touchline

"How's your touch?" asks Darren

Sam brings a difficult ball under control instantly, tight on the touchline and under pressure from a defender.

"No bad" says Darren

That looks outstanding

2nd goal was a beauty and the first from Tappy was 'no bad' either. Hit from outside the box, did well to keep it down and get lots of power behind it.

Sam Nic had a good game on the left wing, and when Jordan McGhee had a good game coming on in the first half.

I agree thought the younger lads were excellent today.2 fantastic strikes :rolleyes: and solid at the back.

Celtc next week will be a far tougher test though but future looks bright.

Sam Nicholson looking to get on the end of a chipped clearance up the left touchline

Sam brings a difficult ball under control instantly, tight on the touchline and under pressure from a defender.

"No bad" says Darren

Aye that was a classic moment then a few minutes late a corker of volley stick that in yer pipe darren lol,up for goal of the season i say

Footballfirst

Aye that was a classic moment then a few minutes late a corker of volley stick that in yer pipe darren lol,up for goal of the season i say

Agreed - Pity the game wasn't filmed today. Probably haven't paid the bill. :whistling:

Looks like UNBELIEVABLE TEKKERS for the 2nd goal.

Aye, ball was flighted across from the right, Nicholson hanging in the box at the back post, met it sweetly with mid air scissor kick volley.

jamboinglasgow

I was impressed with a few players today who were stepping in with Holt, Smith and Walker away.

One I was most impressed by was Sam Nicholson. He looked an impressive forward with a cracking touch (see the story above) and control of the ball. But also knows how to beat a man. I remember one bit where the ball looked to be rolling out for throw in at the half way line, Sam was running for it but two Kilmarnock players were blocking his route towards the opposition goal and towards the centre circle. Somehow he managed to flick it past the player with the back to goal and with a burst of pace ran along out of the pitch and back on to pick up the ball and attack the goal. Looked very impressive. His goal was very well taken. I would say he reminds me of Jamie Walker in style as he is always looking to get forward and not afraid to try something. Saying that I would also say he is quite raw, he needs to improve his decision making as a few times he made the wrong choice or no choice at all (one time he broke down the right breaking the defensive line got into the box where he just needed to try and go past a player who had got back but he went back and moved to the outside of the box while defenders managed to get back and eventually passed it about half way in the opposition half, the chance to make the most of the break gone.) But he is one I look forward to seeing develop in the 19s.

I was also impressed with Jordon McGhee, at only 15, he looks surprisingly confident in defence, seems to have a good bit of technique, and I dont think the under 19s have conceded when he has played. Certainly one to watch in the future.

George Scott was interesting to see, first time I have seen him play since he has signed, he is a well built tiny player (in the Scott Robinson shape) seemed to get about well and was looked to pass it about. Has another year at 19s so I imagine he will be in the middle next year.

In all it was good to see some of the younger players get their chance today, some I think had a quick lesson in what the next level is like, but I thought all those who came in coped well. With the future emphasis being teams where young academy players are central, the under 19s will be an important part of the development. As FF has said (and Darren Murray on Hearts TV) the good thing about moving players up (in this case Holt, Smith and walker going on loan to be ready for the first team) is that U17 players get the chance to push themselves at a higher level in the 19s, and then 15s into 17s and so on.

Good report JIG thanks for all your updates mate.

I'll take the credit for the description of Nicholson's goal as JiG couldn't quite find the right word!

"No bad" says Darren

Let me just add this ball came straight out the air, was a high clearance & this touch was just sensational

Really impressive work at the academy just now. 1 15 year old,2 16 year olds and another 15 year old on the bench. Lost 3 of their top players and still winning this game comfortably.17'S are looking great at the moment and are arguably the best footballing/passing team in the country at the moment- there should be a few of these guys ready to step up next season to 19's.

Maybe keeping John Murray at the academy is crucial at this time.Especially with rangers HOY rumoured to be heading for the exit.Whispers are that JM would top their wish list.This would be the sorest loss of all IMO.

J Cheever Loophole

Aye. Parents with a sense of humour,:woot:

So did Mr and Mrs Celler of Aberdeen who named their son Cole a few years ago.blink.gif

BTW FF great snaps as perthumbsup.gif

jamboinglasgow

I'll take the credit for the description of Nicholson's goal as JiG couldn't quite find the right word!

Yeah, I was stuck on whether it was a scissor kick or not as I couldn't remember if he hit it on the volley with a foot planted on the ground or had he hit it with both feet in the air. Also for those who werent there, my first goal update came at a price for me, as I had my head down typing into my mobile I suddenly heard the shout of heads, ducked and the guy next to me caught the ball where I head was seconds before, unfortunatly in ducking I whacked my head of the metal fence in front of me, that was sore (and stupid of me.)

Really impressive work at the academy just now. 1 15 year old,2 16 year olds and another 15 year old on the bench. Lost 3 of their top players and still winning this game comfortably.17'S are looking great at the moment and are arguably the best footballing/passing team in the country at the moment- there should be a few of these guys ready to step up next season to 19's.

Maybe keeping John Murray at the academy is crucial at this time.Especially with rangers HOY rumoured to be heading for the exit.Whispers are that JM would top their wish list.This would be the sorest loss of all IMO.

Completely agree, we need to keep hold of John Murray. Though he turned down both Rangers and Celtic back in 2007-8, so hopefully seeing players he has brought through the academy finally getting chances will hopefully keep him here.

Archived