Bounce game v Berwick on Sat

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Odd tweet from Jason Holt saying that he will be playing in a bounce game against Berwick on Saturday. The U19s are scheduled to be at home against Kilmarnock at 11am on Sat., so it looks as if a couple of decisions have been made. 1) the U19 league is of secondary importance (correct decision). 2) it may be the first step in getting Holt and co playing against adults on a regular basis.

I'd rather he was put straight onto the bench with the first team

jamboinglasgow

He says he is with Raith Rovers (and so is Dave Smith, Jamie Walker should be going) though unclear if it is a loan move yet or they want to see him play before agreeing a deal.

Footballfirst

The bounce game is between Raith and Berwick. Holt and Smith were training with Raith today.

That makes a bit more sense. :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

That makes a bit more sense. :thumbsup:

Here is his other tweet

@JasonHolt10

Jason Holt

@ruaraidhmackay me and david smith were with raith today.think jamie walker is going too.

Walter Bishop

He says he is with Raith Rovers (and so is Dave Smith, Jamie Walker should be going) though unclear if it is a loan move yet or they want to see him play before agreeing a deal.

Surely its not a permanent move?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'd rather he was put straight onto the bench with the first team

I'd imagine Robinson and Novikovas would disagree with that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I meant it's better to be playing football than getting splinters in your arse on the bench at Hearts!

For all thats going on financially just now, I dont think ive ever been more confident about the future. Looks like we'll get some young blood coming into the first time soon. Basically accepted now that Skacels gone in January, is Holt a similar player or is he a more all round midfielder?

Notice Raith dont have a game this weekend so this makes sense! Holt & Smith need to step up from 19s for good of the careers, Walker is probably getting back to fitness & would be wise time to step up.

Think the 19s will still have a good team for the majority of the games they play, could have a positive ripple effect throughout the youth teams.

jamboinglasgow

Surely its not a permanent move?

No I meant whether they were there as a trial for McGlynn to decide to take them on loan or whether they are actually on loan now.

Be interesting to see what happens to the Under 19s and how they line up with Holt, Smith and Walker.

Footballfirst

No I meant whether they were there as a trial for McGlynn to decide to take them on loan or whether they are actually on loan now.

Be interesting to see what happens to the Under 19s and how they line up with Holt, Smith and Walker.

I'll take a guess re Saturday's team (Tobin and Murdoch still out injured until the New Year)

Hamilton

Mullen McGhee McKay McHattie

Paterson A King Kane Nicholson B King

Stewart

Scott and Thomson are alternatives for Adam King and Sam Nicholson

jamboinglasgow

I'll take a guess re Saturday's team (Tobin and Murdoch still out injured until the New Year)

Hamilton

Stewart

Whats happened to Tapping?

Hamilton

Stewart

This would have a pretty serious knock to the 17's would it not.If these lads play on Saturday surely they would be unavailable for Sunday??

Footballfirst

Whats happened to Tapping?

Oops! Tappy will start instead of Adam King, I would guess.

There will be a knock on to the U17s, but the ripple effect should help their overall development as the best of the youngsters will get more opportunities to play against older players.

John McGlynn has a decent record at Raith Rovers of blooding u19 players players from SPL clubs into first-team matches at senior level. He's been sent quite a few over the last 2-3 years and most seemed to have worked out for the positive, Dundee United in particular with Goodwillie and Russell. Other notable ones include Templeton.

It's the only real option available to us with the lack of the reserve league so it's worth a punt and mixing with some older pro's at Raith who have played at SPL level, i.e Grant Murray, Joe Hammil as well as the experienced boys like Laurie Ellis should do them the world of good in progression. It's a far superior option imo than letting them stagnate in the u19 League (i think this has been a second season at u19 level for Holt and a few others).

It'll be a big chance for them to show what they can offer and should be interesting to see how they perform at First division level which is obviously a massive step-up from the SPL u19 league.

The bounce game is between Raith and Berwick. Holt and Smith were training with Raith today.

Do you (or anyone else) know where and what time?

It'll be interesting to see how the U19's get on without them, I've seen a few matches this season and Holt has been a standout in all of them, a lot if the olay goes through him, it'll be interesting to see who the play goes through without him.

I meant it's better to be playing football than getting splinters in your arse on the bench at Hearts!

Agreed. Them sitting on the bench and getting the odd 15 mins here and there isn't a problem at their age*, but without a reserve league (I'm almost bored saying it), having nothing to supplement that is a killer for them. It means they and even guys like Sutton and McGowan just can't possibly be near match sharpness when called upon.

It's a quandry though cos RObinson and Arvy are good enough that I'd want them around.

Good idea sending Holty et al out on loan. Funny thing for a team like Raith innit. You get these talented boys for a couple of months and what do you do, drop a couple of regulars and reinstate them come Jan? Plan to sign other loanees come Jan? Who gives a shit, really, I suppose!!

jamboinglasgow

A quick question, say Hearts put a youngster on loan for a month in February to give them experence, would they be allowed to play for Hearts before the end of the season?

A quick question, say Hearts put a youngster on loan for a month in February to give them experence, would they be allowed to play for Hearts before the end of the season?

I would imagine it would be ok. Is there not a rule you can only play for up to 3 clubs a season?

jamboinglasgow

I would imagine it would be ok. Is there not a rule you can only play for up to 3 clubs a season?

Yup, its a FIFA rule.

How did our young boys get on in this game?

The three new lads all started, Raith won 3-0 and it seems they all played quite well. They will be in the squad for next weeks game versus Hamilton.

Good to hear. Hopefully they get some game time against adults and are fighting for places in the first team squad come January.

Fermit the Krog

The three new lads all started, Raith won 3-0 and it seems they all played quite well. They will be in the squad for next weeks game versus Hamilton.

Good stuff.

:thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

Good to hear. Hopefully they get some game time against adults and are fighting for places in the first team squad come January.

Do you know how Denis did?

Do you know how Denis did?

No, sorry. Did have a look on p&b though and they don't seem impressed with him so far :(

jamboinglasgow

No, sorry. Did have a look on p&b though and they don't seem impressed with him so far :(

Wouldn't worry too much at the moment, he seems to take a few games before he hits his good form.

Charlie-Brown

On the Raith fantalk site match thread discusses a tweet from Jamie Walker saying he enjoyed playing for Raith and he's buzzing about their game next week (v Hamilton).

On the Raith fantalk site match thread discusses a tweet from Jamie Walker saying he enjoyed playing for Raith and he's buzzing about their game next week (v Hamilton).

good news guys

Charlie-Brown

John McGlynn wasn't there to see the lads play........he was at Tannadice watching us.

:interesting:

Us or Utd?

jamboinglasgow

John McGlynn wasn't there to see the lads play........he was at Tannadice watching us.

I am struggling to think of reasons he would watch us instead of his own team instead of the obvious, only one is that he fancied catching a game as he wants to see us as a fan (dont know if he is a Hearts fan.) Its not like he is able to get any of the players on show.

Drylaw Hearts

Us or Utd?

Drylaw Hearts

I am struggling to think of reasons he would watch us instead of his own team instead of the obvious, only one is that he fancied catching a game as he wants to see us as a fan (dont know if he is a Hearts fan.) Its not like he is able to get any of the players on show.

He was with Paul Smith and was met at the Utd entrance by that Kostadine bloke.

Archived