Luis Suarez charged

The Merse

How can they prove it though? As far as i know nothing caught on camera, one player saying one thing, the other saying another.

******* EXCELLENT.

Get it right round that wee **** and right round King [Mod Edit]face as well.

:oohmatron:

How can they prove it though? As far as i know nothing caught on camera, one player saying one thing, the other saying another.

I guess the proving it stage comes after the charging stage.

Tyrion Lannister

But but but, Sepp Blatter just said that racism doesn't happen often in modern football?! :whistling:

"There is no racism, but maybe there is a word or gesture which is not the correct one," he told CNN World Sport.

"The one affected by this should say this is a game and shake hands."

Sepp Blatters comments on racism in football.

:facepalm:

Before everyone jumps to conclusions, have a read at this.

My link

Suarez isn't guilty of anything yet. There will now be a hearing to determine whether he is guilty or not, so hold fire on all the 'racist' claims.

The word he allegedly used was 'negrito' which is a very common word used in South America to address someone (friend, buddy, mate etc.), so hopefully this is a misunderstanding. I really doubt anything will stick.

Also worth remembering that the Chelsea groundsman was also 'charged' with the same thing with Evra, and nothing was proven.

If Suarez is found innocent, hopefully that little s**t Evra will get a lengthy ban.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

The word he allegedly used was 'negrito' which is a very common word used in South America to address someone (friend, buddy, mate etc.), so hopefully this is a misunderstanding.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Literally the worst excuse ever.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Before everyone jumps to conclusions, have a read at this.

My link

Suarez isn't guilty of anything yet. There will now be a hearing to determine whether he is guilty or not, so hold fire on all the 'racist' claims.

The word he allegedly used was 'negrito' which is a very common word used in South America to address someone (friend, buddy, mate etc.), so hopefully this is a misunderstanding. I really doubt anything will stick.

Also worth remembering that the Chelsea groundsman was also 'charged' with the same thing with Evra, and nothing was proven.

If Suarez is found innocent, hopefully that little s**t Evra will get a lengthy ban.

:rolleyes:

He's got previous for being a piece of shit including biting an opponent, spitting and blatant cheating just about every game.

fabienleclerq

He's got previous for being a piece of shit including biting an opponent, spitting and blatant cheating just about every game.

Evra has previous for claiming to be racially abused and as far as im aware suarez doesn't have previous for making racist remarks so

innocent until proven...oh wait its jkb ...guilty :down:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Literally the worst excuse ever.

My point came from the mouth of a Mexican man. Do a bit of research before dismissing it.

Prove it? Don't know where you're getting the spitting incident from, but I, nor Google don't know about it. There's no point in making stuff up.

The best players in the world go down easily, like all the South American's, but people only pick up on Suarez doing it to give them a reason not to like him. I suppose you hate Liverpool? Thought so.

Just bear in mind that he isn't guilty of anything yet.

Malcolm Tucker

My point came from the mouth of a Mexican man. Do a bit of research before dismissing it.

Prove it? Don't know where you're getting the spitting incident from, but I, nor Google don't know about it. There's no point in making stuff up.

The best players in the world go down easily, like all the South American's, but people only pick up on Suarez doing it to give them a reason not to like him. I suppose you hate Liverpool? Thought so.

Mate, Suarez is a wee cretin.

He may be innocent, but I really wouldn't put it past him.

Regardless of whether or not the bit in bold is true, I find it highly unlikely that if this is indeed the term Suarez used he wasn't aware of the impact it would have in Britain. I agree it is used in South America in this way, but it isn't used in Holland that way, where there are a large number of black people and particularly black footballers of African decent.

I'm sure if it's really that common a way to address someone in South America he would have used it in this context at some point during his time in Holland, and been made fully aware of the likely implications.

I also find it highly unlikely that Evra would make up someone referring to him in a racist manner. I'm pretty confident 100% of black footballers would like to eradicate racism from football completely, which would Evra put his and other black footballers reputation at risk by making something like this up? Surely it would seriously harm their chances of getting justice in the future?

Evra for what I've seen has always been a very clean player. Suarez has been caught biting, pulling hair, and almost certainly cheating Ghana out of a world cup semi-final place. I know who my money is on.

Apologies, got the spitting incident mixed up. Was the rest not enough for you? :blink:

Here he is your man cheating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUWZuioV_DY&feature=fvwrel

I don't have any feelings whatsoever towards Liverpool. All I know is Suarez is vermin and his previous suggests he's more than capable of doing what he's alleged to have done.

The Great Khali

Evra is a wee street rat. He tried to get a groundsman at Chelsea with the same thing. Suarez is an excellent footballer.

Evra however is not an excellent footballer.

Suarez ripped the peesh out of him during that game.

Just as Chelsea ripped the peesh Out of Man U that day aswell.

Suarez has previous but I believe him on this occasion

fabienleclerq

Regardless of whether or not the bit in bold is true, I find it highly unlikely that if this is indeed the term Suarez used he wasn't aware of the impact it would have in Britain. I agree it is used in South America in this way, but it isn't used in Holland that way, where there are a large number of black people and particularly black footballers of African decent.

I'm sure if it's really that common a way to address someone in South America he would have used it in this context at some point during his time in Holland, and been made fully aware of the likely implications.

I also find it highly unlikely that Evra would make up someone referring to him in a racist manner. I'm pretty confident 100% of black footballers would like to eradicate racism from football completely, which would Evra put his and other black footballers reputation at risk by making something like this up? Surely it would seriously harm their chances of getting justice in the future?Evra for what I've seen has always been a very clean player. Suarez has been caught biting, pulling hair, and almost certainly cheating Ghana out of a world cup semi-final place. I know who my money is on.

Im pretty sure 99% of all footballers regardless of race would like to eradicate racism in general not just football.And the second bit,Kingston?

Malcolm Tucker

Suarez is a horrible wee cretin would not be surprised if found guilty.

Mate, Suarez is a wee cretin.

He may be innocent, but I really wouldn't put it past him

:smuggy:

This thread is the equivalent of teenage girls arguing over their favourite boybands.

If you like Liverpool he is innocent, if you hate them he is guilty desspite there being no way of any side knowing what happened

The Old Tolbooth

It's almost like he bases his game on Nani......

fabienleclerq

The stuff about Evra 'making up' racism accusations in the past is as accurate as it is appropriate.

Can we not have an investigation into an alleged racist incident without putting the accuser on trial too?

No. :woot:

It's almost like he bases his game on Nani......

Maybe he does? :huh: Don't see the relevance unless you think I'm a Man U fan which I'm not.

fabienleclerq

Shameful.

Hardly.

People are claiming suarez is probably guilty because of "previous".Previous not being racist abuse but a handball and a couple of dives.I cant be arsed looking but im sure every premier player has dived or cheated at some point.

Shameful :lol:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

People are getting on their high-horse about the whole handball situation, if you played for scotland and it was last minute in a world cup quarter final you would do the exact same so stop bumping your gums about it.

Fair enough if your ghanain but your more than likely not and even then you would've done the same too.

Luis Suarez <3

Im pretty sure 99% of all footballers regardless of race would like to eradicate racism in general not just football.And the second bit,Kingston?

I completely agree. My point was why would a black footballer put any chance of completely eradicating racism from the game at risk by insinutaing someone had made a racist comment? It's completely ridiculous.

The point about Kingston is completely different. Kingston believed the referee was treating him differently because he was black. He never alleged the referee racially abused him.

Seymour M Hersh

I just hope Adrienne Durham and Samantha Collymore don't see this thread. The two of them spontaneously exploding due to seethe will be heard not only here in Edinburgh but possibly in Sydney too!

Hardly.

People are claiming suarez is probably guilty because of "previous".Previous not being racist abuse but a handball and a couple of dives.I cant be arsed looking but im sure every premier player has dived or cheated at some point.

Shameful :lol:

You missed out the 7 game ban for biting an opponent. :rolleyes:

The point was he's shown in the past he has no respect for other humans and is a real scumbag.

You tend to find that sort of person probably isn't innocent in a case like this.

Seymour M Hersh

The point was he's shown in the past he has no respect for other humans and is a real scumbag.

You tend to find that sort of person probably isn't innocent in a case like this.

You do realise you cannot enter previous into the case just the facts of the case.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

People are getting on their high-horse about the whole handball situation, if you played for scotland and it was last minute in a world cup quarter final you would do the exact same so stop bumping your gums about it.

Fair enough if your ghanain but your more than likely not and even then you would've done the same too.

Luis Suarez <3

Exactly. If that was Scotland at the World Cup and a Scottish player did what Suarez did they would be regarded as a national hero. Suarez may have been done a couple of things which were 'frowned upon' on the pitch but he took one for the team and it paid off. Besides, all Asamoah Gyan had to do was score the penalty. He blasted it over the bar, folk seem to be forgetting that.

You do realise you cannot enter previous into the case just the facts of the case.

Yes I realise that but I'm not a judge, just posting what I think on a football forum.

Gregory House M.D.

Hope the horrible ***** gets a very lengthy ban. Racist, Scummy cheating *******. The only player that rates higher on my *****-o-meter than "Wee Naisy".

suarez_bite.jpg

fabienleclerq

I completely agree. My point was why would a black footballer put any chance of completely eradicating racism from the game at risk by insinutaing someone had made a racist comment? It's completely ridiculous.

The point about Kingston is completely different. Kingston believed the referee was treating him differently because he was black. He never alleged the referee racially abused him.

Kinston was crying wolf that was the comparison.

Racism isn't just white on black.

I think people have differant tolerances to racism.I think racism is descriminating beause of race.If someone called me a honky or a white bassa i wouldn't be particulary offended or go to the police etc,to me its the same as being called an ugly so and so.I think blatter's suggestion of a handshake would save time and money as let's be honest there is worse things going on than alledged namecalling.

Exactly. If that was Scotland at the World Cup and a Scottish player did what Suarez did they would be regarded as a national hero. Suarez may have been done a couple of things which were 'frowned upon' on the pitch but he took one for the team and it paid off. Besides, all Asamoah Gyan had to do was score the penalty. He blasted it over the bar, folk seem to be forgetting that.

case in point maradonas handball against england. he became a national hero in some respects

fabienleclerq

Evra isnt an innocent wee lamb either likes a dive too,not bitten anyone ill give you that!

He also led the classy french revolt at the WC.

Seymour M Hersh

Yes I realise that but I'm not a judge, just posting what I think on a football forum.

Could fooled me. You come across like Judge, Jury and Executioner. And all this on a message board. Wow.

Sergio Garcia

Its like a school playground in here on this issue, maybe we should just wait and see what evidence occurs at the hearing.

For the record both are world class at their positions and have unsavoury elements in there game.

Kinston was crying wolf that was the comparison.

Racism isn't just white on black.

I think people have differant tolerances to racism.I think racism is descriminating beause of race.If someone called me a honky or a white bassa i wouldn't be particulary offended or go to the police etc,to me its the same as being called an ugly so and so.I think blatter's suggestion of a handshake would save time and money as let's be honest there is worse things going on than alledged namecalling.

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly as we know), Kingston believed he was being treated differently on grounds of race. Misguided, idiotic yes, but he obviously believed it.

It's slightly different from coming out and saying someone racially abused you. That's clear cut; they either did or didn't.

Evra is a wee street rat. He tried to get a groundsman at Chelsea with the same thing. Suarez is an excellent footballer.

Evra however is not an excellent footballer.

Suarez ripped the peesh out of him during that game.

Just as Chelsea ripped the peesh Out of Man U that day aswell.

Suarez has previous but I believe him on this occasion

Is it not possible to be racially abused twice?

Gregory House M.D.

Its like a school playground in here on this issue, maybe we should just wait and see what evidence occurs at the hearing.

For the record both are world class at their positions and have unsavoury elements in there game.

Difference being Suarez is just unsavoury.

Is it not possible to be racially abused twice?

I also like his point about Evra not being an excellent footballer. That's just talking nonsense.

I don't like Suarez, but I appreciate the fact he's a quality player.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

case in point maradonas handball against england. he became a national hero in some respects

Never thought of using that as an example. Very fair point.

Archived