Scotland Team V Cyprus

ritchies75

Gregory House M.D.

Don't worry dearest, you couldn't wobble me with a wobbling stick.

Fact remains you come out with continual "so and so is shite" and show absolutely no knowledge or insight to back it up. For example when we played Aberdeen in August, Fyvie was probably the best player on the park. He's skillful, itelligent and tenacious. I'm not actually touting him to play in the 1st team - not sure he's even played 21s yet, think he's still only 18 maybe. He was just an example of a good young player who has probably 50 SPL games under his belt who would maybe be helped by a bit of a look at the standard he needs to reach and surpass.

So there you go, or would you rather I just posted an amusing picture in the place of reasoned debate?

Milsom was far better. Fyvie was shite in August. In fact, the only time I've seen Fyvie play well was when Aberdeen beat us 3-0 at Tynie.

Nothings stood out about him for me.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and saying Fyvie is poor is just stupid. The boy's only 18 years old, and is head and shoulders above the rest of the Aberdeen midfield.

I duno how you do it but each and every passing day you come out with a post that just puts you even higher up the "Shite Poster" table. Can only give you praise for your commitment to the cause.

100% this - total welt. What ever happened to the ignore option?

Back on topic, Ross McCormack must feel pretty hard done by not even making the squad with the likes of Stevenson in there.

What's the script with Fletcher these days? He's a complete tosser for the way he chucked it during the last campaign but he's on course to hit double figures in the prem for the third year running, a feat the likes of Miller, Mackie or M-Smith would struggle to match IMO. According to interviews by either party he claims he is available for selection and Levein says he'd be happy to take him back. How hard would it be for CL to pick up the phone and say 'lets cut to the chase, do you want to play or not' instead of all this tittle tattle bullshit in the press. A new campaign with a fresh start and all that.

Aye, but when Levein says he won't pick McFadden beacuse he's been out injured a long time,then it reeks of double standards.

And although technically an EPL player, Mackie has never played at that level before this season. And further to that, how many games has he started this season?

Has Faddy been getting a game at Everton? Genuine question, not been keeping tabs.

Has Faddy been getting a game at Everton? Genuine question, not been keeping tabs.

Played in the last game. I was shocked to hear his name on Goals on Sunday.

Only been there about 3 weeks. Not played yet I don't think.

Gregory House M.D.

100% this - total welt. What ever happened to the ignore option?

Back on topic, Ross McCormack must feel pretty hard done by not even making the squad with the likes of Stevenson in there.

What's the script with Fletcher these days? He's a complete tosser for the way he chucked it during the last campaign but he's on course to hit double figures in the prem for the third year running, a feat the likes of Miller, Mackie or M-Smith would struggle to match IMO. According to interviews by either party he claims he is available for selection and Levein says he'd be happy to take him back. How hard would it be for CL to pick up the phone and say 'lets cut to the chase, do you want to play or not' instead of all this tittle tattle bullshit in the press. A new campaign with a fresh start and all that.

:sob:

Gregory House M.D.

Oh and saying Fyvie is poor is just stupid. The boy's only 18 years old, and is head and shoulders above the rest of the Aberdeen midfield.

That's cause he's a forward.

Played in the last game. I was shocked to hear his name on Goals on Sunday.

Yep, just checked. Played 10 mins v Newcastle.

Regarding Fletcher. I remember reading that CL said that Fletcher knows what to do to get picked again. He text the SFA to say he was unavailable and only said through the media he was now open to playing for Scotland. CL is waiting for him to get in touch with the SFA to make it official.

Petty from both sides.

That's cause he's a forward.

Oh dear. You've outdone yourself here Happyboy.

He's a midfielder. Is it possible, you are confusing him with another player? An Aberdeen forward. Hans Gillhaus maybe? He was quite good actually. You've got that wrong.

Cue amusing photo in reply....

Just back from injury, but came on against Newcastle at the weekend and has been fully training for weeks. I'm not even saying he should be involved btw, just that his situation is almost idenctical to Mackies with the exception that McFadden has played and performed at a much higher level, yet Mackie gets picked. the main difference is that Mackie is more of a 'worker' which is obviously why Levein likes him.

His whole tenure has been riddled with instances of double standards. Everyone deserves a second chance with regards to Ferguson, McGregor and Boyd but he won't bury the hatchet with Fletcher who would be more valuable than all of them.

Kris Commons and Lee Wallace hadn't hit the ground running well enough and made enough starts to make the squad against the Czech's, yet Hutton and Wilson were involved. He can't call up O'Connor because he's got charges over his head, yet calls up Goodwillie who has another assauklt case coming up.

He pretends he has a code he works by, yet that clearly only applies to players he favours. If he just straight up said, 'I like this type of player', it would be fine, but as it stands he's too much of a hypocrite IMO.

Gregory House M.D.

Oh dear. You've outdone yourself here Happyboy.

He's a midfielder. Is it possible, you are confusing him with another player? An Aberdeen forward. Hans Gillhaus maybe? He was quite good actually. You've got that wrong.

Cue amusing photo in reply....

Fyvie played striker most times I've saw him. Maybe why he's been utter dross.

Loving the armchair managers on here.

chaise longue thank you doctor.

Looks like Mackie has been back or certainly had more minutes on the park than Faddy. Has looked good from what I've seen of him since his return too. Be very interesting to see if Faddy plays when he's fully back. Was scapegoated a bit by Levein imo when infact Levein's tactics against lesser teams was the real issue.

I do think we're improving and, from really disliking what Levein was doing, I'm coming round a little. FOr years we've needed Scotland to do what we do against the big teams but have the confidence to go out and play and try to dictate against teams from pot 2 downwards. This, imo, will be the making or breaking of Levein or any other Scotland manager - the set-up and attitude against the Belgiums, Czechs and Norways and the Lithuanias, Estonias and Cypruses. He's failed in that respect so far, but I think he's realised that to an extent.

I'm assuming 7 subs (to be selected from whole squad) allowed this evening? I think there was a cap put on the number of subs allowed to be made in international friendlies.... or have a i made that up?

Boo, down with that sort of thing etc. It's a friendly FFS.

Hopefully get a win and give some less experienced players some game time, but get Richard Gough on for the obligatory 95th minute winner!

Boo, play Jason Holt and so on....

Boo, down with that sort of thing etc. It's a friendly FFS.

Hopefully get a win and give some less experienced players some game time, but get Richard Gough on for the obligatory 95th minute winner!

Boo, play Jason Holt and so on....

This

Read in the Metro this morning that CL wants the win. He might play with 2 up top in the second half but the win is the most important thing.

With friendlies counting towards FIFA ranking (farce if you ask me) then I suppose he's got a point. The better the ranking the better the pot you go into for future draws.

Would prefer to see an experimental side out there as it's months til the next competitive game, but with ranking points at stake can understand CL going for the win.

What was the thinking behind the Brazil friendly then? What good did that do, getting a hiding?

As far as I'm aware because of that loss we dropped down a pot* and paid the Brazilian FA for the privelage.

*Can anyone confirm?

What was the thinking behind the Brazil friendly then? What good did that do, getting a hiding?

As far as I'm aware because of that loss we dropped down a pot* and paid the Brazilian FA for the privelage.

*Can anyone confirm?

Fairly certain that was the case but tbh I don't think it matters what pot we're in, we'd still be faced with a load of good sides regardless.

Diadora Van Basten

That midfield does not fill me with confidence neither does Miller as lone striker.

I think Adams, Dorrans, Goodwillie, McCormarck, Hutton and Snodgrass would improve that team.

Also tin hat on but what is Stevenson doing there? He doesn't even have a settled position at the moment.

Another feckin 5 man midfield!! It's a friendly, a time to experiment, how does he know how this team would play as a 4-4-2? He's an absolute clown.

It's all about his favourites too - Robson, Cowie etc. They're both average and we have much better sitting on the bench.

Getting so frustrated with Levein and his shitey negative tactics. We will never go to a major tournament with his mentality.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Snodgrass and Dorrans pulled out with injuries.

With FIFA rankings being used for qualifying group seedings we need to win every game. "Its only a friendly" - there's no such thing any more.

Robson might be 33 but he's playing for a team third in The Championship. This league is streets ahead of the SPL now. If we're more likely to win with him in the team he should play.

Snodgrass and Dorrans pulled out with injuries.

With FIFA rankings being used for qualifying group seedings we need to win every game. "Its only a friendly" - there's no such thing any more.

Robson might be 33 but he's playing for a team third in The Championship. This league is streets ahead of the SPL now. If we're more likely to win with him in the team he should play.

I'm racking my brain to think of anyting Robson has done in a Scotland jersey.

Nope, nothing comes to me.

:muggy:

HGW. :rofl:

Fyvie is a midfielder. :)

You have only seen him play once and now think he is shite. :) :)

That time, you didn't even recognise what position he played. :) :) :)

You cannot be for real, it's not possible.

Another feckin 5 man midfield!! It's a friendly, a time to experiment, how does he know how this team would play as a 4-4-2? He's an absolute clown.

It's all about his favourites too - Robson, Cowie etc. They're both average and we have much better sitting on the bench.

Getting so frustrated with Levein and his shitey negative tactics. We will never go to a major tournament with his mentality.

That's Levein for you, he's shit scared of losing so he will always play what he considers the safe option until we go a goal behind then he might change it but usually once it's too late.

I'm afraid he's another in the mould of Paw Broon where his personal record of results seems to be more important than progressing the team.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Playing a 5-man midfield doesn't automatically make the tactics 'negative' or make the team selection 'negative'. That is a myth that's banded about on here too often, along with saying '4-4-2 will mean we score more goals'.

Well i'm going to cry into my lager and watch Turkey v Croatia in the Euro play-offs and not bother with the friendly.

Hate friendlies.....esp pre-season ones.....tripe!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm racking my brain to think of anyting Robson has done in a Scotland jersey.

Nope, nothing comes to me.

:muggy:

Got the assist for McManus' winner against Liechtenstein ;).

Got the assist for McManus' winner against Liechtenstein ;).

:wow:

Cynical hat on, he's in there because he's Leveins mate. Cynical pants on, I'd call this game a jolly for the SFA and BBC.

Playing a 5-man midfield doesn't automatically make the tactics 'negative' or make the team selection 'negative'. That is a myth that's banded about on here too often, along with saying '4-4-2 will mean we score more goals'.

Considering the opposition, it is definitely negative. It means we are playing an extra midfielder against a poor team instead of another striker - that's negative in my eyes.

I'm not saying 4-4-2 will make us magically score more goals, but with two strikers on the park it obviously gives us a better chance.

Surely if you were in charge in a friendly match you wouldn't be playing the same team/formation that has been struggling through games a couple of months prior?

I really don't get Levein.

Fork sake...

BBC introducing the game as " Can Scotland salvage some pride"..... how forking negative.....

Okay Scotland are not the best... but I for one am looking forward to the game tonight.... BBC have just depressed me before the program has started.

WTF... I want them to introduce them as, "The big friday night game you have been looking forward to all day"!!

jamboinglasgow

Fork sake...

BBC introducing the game as " Can Scotland salvage some pride"..... how forking negative.....

Okay Scotland are not the best... but I for one am looking forward to the game tonight.... BBC have just depressed me before the program has started.

WTF... I want them to introduce them as, "The big friday night game you have been looking forward to all day"!!

based on BBC Scotland and how they treat Scottish football it doesn't surprise me. They are so fecking negative towards us, yes and I know Scottish football is in a bad state but at least give us some posistive feeling.

Nicholas Brody

So... after all the fuss that was made, they are now not wearing the armbands? Or have I missed something? :ninja:

Not watching the game though I'll see if Stevo gets on. What magnitude of s**teness am I missing?

jamboinglasgow

Scotland looking shyte as always.

:greggy:

Why are you smug about that?

I actually think we have been the better team apart from being caught out on break a few times.

Not watching the game though I'll see if Stevo gets on. What magnitude of s**teness am I missing?

No shots on goal. McGregor having to touch a strike onto the crossbar. Abysmal central defending from Caldwell and Berra.

Archived