What are the chances...

Fermit the Krog

When I win upwards of ?80M on the Euro Millions, I will build a nice new stadium for Hearts for minimal rent.

Vlad can then give the club back to the fans to run, debt free, in a nice new stadium a fresh start.

He can then sell Tynie and it's surrounding land to pay off any debts due to him then do one.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

and us all living happily ever after?

Assuming he is definitely leaving:-

I think his 'good guy' exit strategy depended on getting council help to re-locate. He'd sell Tynecastle and maybe some players, then 'sell' the club to anyone prepared to take on the remaining debt, or as much as Vlad was not prepared to write off. The new owners would have a club with relatively little debt and a nice new stadium, allbeit, not much in the way of assets. That might have us living happily ever after. Alternatively, he might hold on long enough to find someone to take us over and build a new stadium. Unless there's some other foreign buyer, and who'd be daft enough to be that man? I'd think the most likely candidate, and I'm not voting for him here, would be David Murray. He's got the land, he's got the plans for a new stadium, and probably still has enough money. Whether he has the heart for it is another matter, but that might leave us living happily ever after.

His 'bad guy' exit strategy, well, it won't be us that'll be living happily ever after.

Depends how much of a hit he's prepared to take. Since he owes the debt to himself he can either write most if not all of it off or wait until doomsday for a buyer to come along.

If he's prepared to write off most of the debt we might be available for a little bit more than the ground is worth - say 8-10 million. That for me is a bargain for a football club with potential and a turnover similar to the buying price.

But it's also an ego thing with Vlad, I doubt that he'll want to sell if he thinks he'll lose face. Maybe if he's facing a liquidity crisis in his other companies he'd be up for a quick sale, but I'd imagine with his background he's got sacks of undeclared cash buried all over the place.

Not even a chance of living semi happily either sadly. As has been shown if you want the fans to be "happy" you have to plough money in, lose it and then plough more in, probably while being criticised widely by said fans. This is Football not just Hearts. Anyone around with enough money to waste umpteen million but still daft enough to invest in a crap league? We all know the answer I suspect.

Need more specifics. Whats he selling?

Good point! Selling his jet with hardly any fuel and faulty gauge to ................Choose your buyer!:thumbsup:

Not even a chance of living semi happily either sadly. As has been shown if you want the fans to be "happy" you have to plough money in, lose it and then plough more in, probably while being criticised widely by said fans. This is Football not just Hearts. Anyone around with enough money to waste umpteen million but still daft enough to invest in a crap league? We all know the answer I suspect.

:spoton:

Fermit the Krog

So no chance then (of us having new owners, i'm looking at you alwaysthereinspirit :-P) and us moving forward?

We're all agreed it's not going to happen anytime soon?

There is no chance of this.

The grass is always greener on the other side, but in this instance, the other side of the grass is a bit **** off drop into oblivion. So buckle up if Romanov leaves. I've prepared for it, but I think a lot of posters and supporters will be in for a right nasty shock and I can't be a**d with their hysteria when a shining white knight does not become apparent.

The club is heavily in debt regardless of who the owner is. If we cant find somebody to throw millions of pounds per year at the club like Mr Romanov does, I'm afraid the day we're all happy will never come.

The Treasurer

I hope Mr Romanov remains at the helm for at least another 10 years.

Why only look at the short-term :(

I hope he's in for the long haul :thumbsup:

and us all living happily ever after?

As much chance as getting back stage passes to a Nirvana gig.

Nice thought though.

If there are wealthy Hearts fans out there that care for the club as much as Vlad they will pay the asking price.

If there are wealthy Hearts fans out there that care for the club as much as Vlad they will pay the asking price.

laugh.gif

Exhhibit #1

Please see my post above.

Shouldn't we write a begging letter to one of the rich arabs to buy Hearts??? :ninja:

At half time they could parade there 1 million plus horses. :teehee:

Drylaw Hearts

We better hope VR finds a buyer sooner rather than later.

The heir to the UBIG throne is 10 times a bigger dik that Vlad.

Archived