Tickets to Barcelona matches

connlach

Interested in going to a Barcelona game, prob in March.

Can anyone advise the following:

I can see you can buy tickets from their own site, has anyone done this? Do they get sent to you or do you print them off?

Avoiding the expensive seats is it safe enough to sit anywhere? Any recommendations?

Anything else to think about?

I can see you can buy tickets from their own site, has anyone done this? Do they get sent to you or do you print them off?

Avoiding the expensive seats is it safe enough to sit anywhere? Any recommendations?

I sat up in the Gods when I went and I thought it was amazing.Mental walking up to the level though it was like walking up a multi story car park.Didnt have any trouble getting back to my bus either and I bought the tickets when I was there,I went in an absolute downpour when I was there though so there was only about 45,000(they don't like the rain)

I just bought tickets from the ground when i was there. Think there's other places around the city that sell them. Don't know about the website i'm afraid.

As long as they are not playing real you will be fine getting tickets on the day of the game. Also Barca members usually try and sell there tickets for a bit cheaper than the ticket office price, right outside the ticket booths.

Sitting in the gods is a experience, especially since that is where the away fans are fenced in, but paying the bit extra for decent seats in the middle section near the half way line is well worth it as you see just how good the movement of the whole team is.

Just back from a stag do in Barcelona. We arranged for tickets before hand as we had 9 of us and wanted to be in the same section. The guy went through ticketmaster and we had to randomly collect the tickets from a bar in Barcelona the day of the match but all was good.

The game was against Seville cost about ?67 and although there was a good crowd saw plenty of people selling outside the ground. We were right at the top in the corner but still an amazing experience even though the game finished nil nil not everyone gets to see Messi miss a penalty!!

Just one thing to note they only confirm the final times and dates about a week or two before the match when they have decided about TV

Another option is Thomas Cook match breaks. They do a ticket + hotel combo for a decent price. The tickets will be at the hotel for pick-up.

I've been twice and sat in the middle section the first time and right up beside the away fans the second, both were just as good. The view from the top is superb. :thumbsup:

maroonedinbriz

Me and 5 mates went to see Barcelona v Dynamo Kiev a couple of years ago. We were sat up with the gods. I did the tickets through the web-site and got a voucher which we took up to the ground a couple of days before the game and exchanged for match tickets - no problems. If you go to the official Barca shop at the ground expect to pay a fortune.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I went to a game in 2008 and the website that I booked the tickets from delivered them to my hotel.

I just can't remember the name of the website.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Just back from a stag do in Barcelona. We arranged for tickets before hand as we had 9 of us and wanted to be in the same section. The guy went through ticketmaster and we had to randomly collect the tickets from a bar in Barcelona the day of the match but all was good.

The game was against Seville cost about ?67 and although there was a good crowd saw plenty of people selling outside the ground. We were right at the top in the corner but still an amazing experience even though the game finished nil nil not everyone gets to see Messi miss a penalty!!

Just one thing to note they only confirm the final times and dates about a week or two before the match when they have decided about TV

I also witnessed this when I went to a game a few years ago, was gutted cause I was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Sat in the middle section behind the goals, cracking view.

future is maroon

I've been before and found this site useful - http://www.barcaforum.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Travel-section

In terms of tickets we booked them on the official site which I have just checked and seems to be a new layout and full of info/advice so better than it was before. I used the Barca site and easy enough to buy tickets/select seats and from there you could get them delivered to uk or get them pick them up when over there. (there is an ongoing issues with some of the links/companies on their site not allwoing tickets to be purchased using uk bank card but likes of Spanish ticketmaster are fine)

The set up there is season ticket holders can sell their seats back to the club for individual games so nearer the game more and more seats are released so best to keep checking the site to see what is available at any given time if there aint much selection at the moment for the game you are after.

If you want to travel without tickets then that should be fine as apart from Real, Valencia and Espanyol you should get a ticket on the day/days before it ok.

As for where to sit then depends how much you want to pay really. Personally we splashed the cash and went for a pitchside seat but most seats give you a good view (barca site lets you "see view" from any given seat anyway) One thing to watch is the back of some of the tiers is covered by the tier above so maybe best to avoid that as kinda like sitting in darkness as we checked them out during the stadium tour. Also the bottom tier of the stand to the right (as you come out the tunnel) seems to be their more rowdy fans/singing section.

Hopefully taking my son to see Messi and co in Feb next year at home v Real Sociadad. Cheap flights and cheap match tickets.

This. If you're into football you'll surely regret never making the effort to see Messi and this Barcelona team play. They'll go down in history as one of the markers.

Archived