Eager for a new games system

kearney19

Was in Game the other day talking to the people at the desk about GTA and then i noticed Mario Kart for the wii coming out with the wii steering wheel which looks amazing!

But i am sooo eager to get the new Resident Evil as its my all tiem favourite game and also with GTA coming out its looks excellent.

Anyway, I have a crappy ps2 with like 40 odd games and I am thinking about either a wii or a PS3?

I got told I would get about 40-50 quid for the PS2 and all the games etc.

I did an account with littlewoods a few moths ago which was really good and I was thinking about buying a PS3 and pay weekly for it.

Is getting a PS3 really worth all the bother, what does everyone think?

Resi 5 isnt going to be out for a while yet, so you may want to hold fire just now.

Its entirely down to personal choice at the end of the day, a lot of people slag the Wii off but its the only console I have other than my PS2 and im not planning on getting another console coz i think its awesome to be honest. I personally think the Wii has the best games on any of the three consoles although a lot of people would disagree.

Ive read October 2008 and Early 2009 for Resident Evil, its looks so good!

Also Condememed for it looks unbelievable and Haze? That looks top notch.

I was tempted to look at the wii as its a class machine to play and Mario Kart for it looks the stuff! Also Manhunt 2 out for it aswell looks very good!

Why have they stopped selling 60GB PS3's do you know?

Commander Harris
Resi 5 isnt going to be out for a while yet, so you may want to hold fire just now.

Its entirely down to personal choice at the end of the day, a lot of people slag the Wii off but its the only console I have other than my PS2 and im not planning on getting another console coz i think its awesome to be honest. I personally think the Wii has the best games on any of the three consoles although a lot of people would disagree.

exactly, tis dependant on what kind of games you like playing. personally, i think the 1st party nintendo games (mario,mario kart, zelda etc) are teh shiz along with the stuff more reliant on the wii-mote. but if that isn't your thing then it's a choice between PS3 or 360.

if you're into HD films then ps3 makes sense due to the blue-ray player, if you don't care about that then I'd say 360 has more choice in terms of games although you could gamble on the fact that ps3 will "win the race" eventually and get a PS3 now.

personally I'd get a 360 at the moment, I don't see there being a significant amount of PS3 exclusives coming up in the near future and I can always purchase a PS3 a year or two down the line(and probably at a reduced price) if the trend for games swings that way.

Ive read October 2008 and Early 2009 for Resident Evil, its looks so good!

Also Condememed for it looks unbelievable and Haze? That looks top notch.

I was tempted to look at the wii as its a class machine to play and Mario Kart for it looks the stuff! Also Manhunt 2 out for it aswell looks very good!

Why have they stopped selling 60GB PS3's do you know?

i think they mite have but not sure, there are a couple of threads on here about PS3's and the guys where talking about that, even if they're not still selling them there is still a chance u can get one i think.

zegactly, tis dependant on what kind of games you like playing. personally, i think mario,mario kart, zelda etc are teh shiz along with the stuff more reliant on the wii-mote. but if that isn't your thing then it's a choice between PS3 or 360.

if you're into HD films then ps3 makes sense due to the blueray player, if you don't care about that then I'd say 360 has more choice in terms of games although you could gamble on the fact that ps3 will "win the race" eventually and get a PS3 now.

personally I'd get a 360 at the moment, I don't see there being a significant amount of PS3 exclusives coming up in the near future and I can always purchase a PS3 a year or two down the line(and probably at a reduced price) if the trend for games swings that way.

yeh pretty much agree with all that, for me Nintendo just make the best games, so i was always going to get a Wii, there's some cracking 3rd party games coming out now as well such as Zak and Wiki and No More Heroes.

I'm not big on FPS's or racing games (except arcade ones) so for me its Wii all the way.

ps where u drunk when u started typing and did u sober up after the first para :confused:

Commander Harris
yeh pretty much agree with all that, for me Nintendo just make the best games, so i was always going to get a Wii, there's some cracking 3rd party games coming out now as well such as Zak and Wiki and No More Heroes.

I'm not big on FPS's or racing games (except arcade ones) so for me its Wii all the way.

ps where u drunk when u started typing and did u sober up after the first para :confused:

nah, was just being silly. corrected some of the nonsense now. :)

nah, was just being silly. corrected some of the nonsense now. :)

lol. I thought you'd turned into None for a sec :P

crap! busted. ;)

Carp, debuts.

If you let the goat loose in your aquarium, he'll eat your goldfish. :cool:

scottishguy
Was in Game the other day talking to the people at the desk about GTA and then i noticed Mario Kart for the wii coming out with the wii steering wheel which looks amazing!

But i am sooo eager to get the new Resident Evil as its my all tiem favourite game and also with GTA coming out its looks excellent.

Anyway, I have a crappy ps2 with like 40 odd games and I am thinking about either a wii or a PS3?

I did an account with littlewoods a few moths ago which was really good and I was thinking about buying a PS3 and pay weekly for it.

I was talking to a good mate of mine who is friends with that top dude at Microsoft and knows the programmers at Rockstar really well,both have told him that the PS3 will rule the roost for the next 3 or 4 years.

Xbox 360 has done what it can and can't do as much as the PS3 can.More processing power as well as Blu-Ray built in.

Microsoft are even trying to get Blu-Ray installed on thier machines!

There are going to be some amazing games coming from Rockstar that will blow our minds apparently.

jack D and coke
I was talking to a good mate of mine who is friends with that top dude at Microsoft and knows the programmers at Rockstar really well,both have told him that the PS3 will rule the roost for the next 3 or 4 years.

Xbox 360 has done what it can and can't do as much as the PS3 can.More processing power as well as Blu-Ray built in.

There are going to be some amazing games coming from Rockstar that will blow our minds apparently.

The PS3 will only rule the roost if it sells more consoles than MS and nintendo and at the moment they're trailing by at least 8m to MS. The guys at rockstar have basically just made the new GTA specifically for the 360 and ported it to PS3 as will be evident when they're released, all previews so far are stating it runs and plays much smoother on 360 + the downloadable content that only the 360 is getting. As for Resi 5 it's also coming to 360 so it depends on the persons budget.

Also Blu-ray movies are no good to someone who doesn't own a top of the range plasma or LCD TV so again it depends on what TV you own. As for the 360 having done what it can do i wouldn't read too much into that. The PS2 was the least powerful of the last gen machines but due to the vast numbers it sold it outlasted the other 2 more powerful machines. Only the exclusive titles will set them apart and the power difference between the 360 and PS3 is minimal, they both have they're advantages and draw backs over each other with an example of the PS3 chugging on the unreal engine that loads of games use. The 360 has no problems with that but doesn't have the much bigger storage space of blu-ray discs so i don't think there's much in it at all. Even the new MGS 4 is apparently do'able on the 360 according to Konami so it can't be that much more powerful. Wouldn't be surprised to see that appear on the 360 at some point in the future. There's even rumours the Gears of War series will make it to PS3 at some point. It wouldn't do the consumer any good if one company ran away with it. The competition makes them cut prices much sooner so everyone's a winner.

ps don't get Haze it looks like **** and is just another shooter you'll be better off with Cod4

You obviously want a PS3 so get a PS3 or we will end up with another PS3 v 360 debate.The console is okay just now and will get even better in the future,same goes if you want a 360 or a Wii.

Look up the trailers for other Rockstar games La Noire and Midnight Club Los Angeles both absolutely stunning.Midnight Club is meant to be linked to the GTA series so i would expect to see some characters from maybe San Andreas in there.

All down to personal preference, as everyone will say the console they own is best

The only one I own is the Wii, and I am not even cnsidering buying another one

The graphics aren't as good, but, imo, the gameplay is so much better and the whole experience of gaming is taken on to a new level

Have Resident Evil 4 for the wii, and it is the best fps I have ever played (that includes all halos!). The use of the wii remote is brilliant, and makes it more like an arcade shooter, and there is nothing more satisfying than blowing someones head open from a shot you properly aimed like a gun!

Add that to games like Pro Evo, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Zak and Wiki and the new Star Wars game where your wii mote is your lightsaber, and there is a great selection of diferent style games

Archived