Olympic Torch Protests

crazy_jambo_2006

crazy_jambo_2006

Peaceful protest - fair enough. Respect for anyone who wishes to protest peacefully.

But some people are not wishing to protest peacefully. There are some protesters trying to banjo the Torch Carriers - this is OTT.

Let the Torch be carried. Have your peaceful protest elsewhere (no banjo-ing needed) in same city.

Olympics are going to be wrecked if this continues.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Would it have been that bad a thing if the protesters attacked the Suga Babes while they were carrying it?!

The whole things a shambles though!

Olympics are going to be wrecked if this continues.

There are some people out there who would say that's not a bad thing.

CompleteIdiot
There are some people out there who would say that's not a bad thing.

That's not a bad thing.

We should not be promoting an evil fascistic regime with a terrible human rights record.

If this procession is allowed to continue, I fear a bloodbath in Tibet when it passes through there.

Nelly Terraces
That's not a bad thing.

We should not be promoting an evil fascistic regime with a terrible human rights record.

If this procession is allowed to continue, I fear a bloodbath in Tibet when it passes through there.

TOTALLY AGREE. The Olympics being held in China is a disgrace. Nobody can turn their backs on what happening in Tibet and in China in general.

Direct Action all the way.

Boab Mugabe

You'd have thought after the 1936 and 1980 games they'd want to keep the games away from totalitarian states...

I should annex a wee piece of land and lodge a bid for the 2016 games!

Nelly Terraces
Oh yes, let's turn Tibet back into a feudal, slave state.

Nah, just let a totalitarian regime go in and butcher it instead. Get a grip.

I'm off tae bed, cheers.

CompleteIdiot
Oh yes, let's turn Tibet back into a feudal, slave state.

As opposed to a fascist slave state with no choice about whether it can be Chinese or Tibetan? :rolleyes:

I don't think we should get too carried away by all of this.

It's right that "free" nations should mark China's card about Tibet but let's not let it spoil the Olympics or the much wider benefits of global co-operation and economic development.

CompleteIdiot
I don't think we should get too carried away by all of this.

It's right that "free" nations should mark China's card about Tibet but let's not let it spoil the Olympics or the much wider benefits of global co-operation and economic development.

Was sport the only thing that mattered when Hitler's Germany held the 1936 Olympics?

Your view is one that says it should feel good to cooperate with evil degenerate regimes. Your view is that we should ignore that they are evil degenerate regimes so people can run around a track and feel no qualms about it.

No. Some things are more important than people running around a track on steroids. This is one of them.

Perhaps you can casually ignore people being beaten and murdered for the sake of a sporting event? I can't.

Your view is one that says it should feel good to cooperate with evil degenerate regimes. Your view is that we should ignore that they are evil degenerate regimes so people can run around a track and feel no qualms about it.

We should be engaging with such regimes, rather than taking out of proportion actions that could force them into isolation. It's all about balance not political posturing.

CompleteIdiot
We should be engaging with such regimes, rather than taking out of proportion actions that could force them into isolation. It's all about balance not political posturing.

Our current trade policies have made the Chinese evil degenerate regime so rich, it could literally withdraw investment and economically destroy us.

We don't need more of the same. We shouldn't be selling this country out to anyone. Whether you are a British Unionist, Scottish Nationalist, American or whatever, allowing the Chinese so much control over our lives is ridiculous. It's treason!

Break this bondage. You can't reason with crazy anti-human fascists.

It was the bankers (like you) that led us into our current financial mess, led us into accepting Chinese trade bondage and are now begging us (the average taxpayer) to bail them out of their greed driven financial crisis.

Stewart MacD
Something really nasty is going to happen at the Olympics I fear.

Yes, the bloody Aussies will win some swimming medals and think they're great at sport. Forgetting that swimming is a recreation, not a sport.

Back to the subject - the world hasn't seen since the 30's a media manipulator as consummate as the Dalai. I don't get all this western crap about the "crackdown" - of course there's a crackdown when murderous riots are going on, timed to coincide with the approaching Olympics.

CompleteIdiot
Yes, the bloody Aussies will win some swimming medals and think they're great at sport. Forgetting that swimming is a recreation, not a sport.

Back to the subject - the world hasn't seen since the 30's a media manipulator as consummate as the Dalai. I don't get all this western crap about the "crackdown" - of course there's a crackdown when murderous riots are going on, timed to coincide with the approaching Olympics.

Stop smoking crack. How is a stateless religious leader the equivalent of Hitler, Stalin or Mussolini? Do you have Chinese roots or something?

Stewart MacD
Do you have Chinese roots or something?

Regularly.:P

Tubo (Tibet) submitted to the Mongols in the 13th Century. In the 16th C. the title of Dalai lama was conferred by the Qing Dynasty emperor. It was Britain (surprise, surprise) which started the attempt to separate Tibet from China, following the Opium War.

Why do people go on about some small dispute in a piddling part of PRC when numerous Irakis are being killed daily by the US and its Coalition of the Witless? There are many other places in the world requiring attention.

Why do people go on about some small dispute in a piddling part of PRC when numerous Irakis are being killed daily by the US and its Coalition of the Witless? There are many other places in the world requiring attention.

Fair enough point, but that does not make China's occupation of a small and defenceless country any more acceptable.

China should not have been considered as a host of the olympics until their human rights record is improved drastically.

power to the protests....

think its great the media attention they are getting.

Countries politicians have sat back too long giving China the power to do as they wish.

My mates working in China just now and they know nothing about this, BBC sites band and has been for some time.

When I was locked up in Aus, long story, there was no Internet access in the detention centre due to the Chinese government having a deal with the Aussies to ensure Chinese citizens could not access 'the outside world'.

John Findlay

When have the Olympics and politics never been bedfellows?

The olympic movement itself is as corrupt as any government they have held the games in.

Personally would be no great loss if they were never held again.

John

Commander Harris
... Do you have Chinese roots or something?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your view is that we should ignore that they are evil degenerate regimes
Is that why we had the French President over for dinner :cool:

Say What Again

I look forward to the Kickback Freedom Movement stepping up their protest from 'Angrily posting on the internet' to 'Angrily posting on the internet and mouthing off to colleagues at the water cooler' :rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow
Was sport the only thing that mattered when Hitler's Germany held the 1936 Olympics?

may not of been but what was the most embaressing for hitler? A runner called Jesse Jackson who went against the Nazi's idea of the perfect human beating all the German's runner's.

What would be more embarresing for China? a couple of protesters yelling at the olympic flame when it is not broadcast to Chinese people or them getting beaten in nearly all events at the olympics by other countries on home soil.

Tibet to me is a cause that is one that puts other causes sadly in the shade due to the idea that is cool to shout "free tibet." (this may be contraversal but the palastein issue is the same, though that is not to say they aren't worthy causes that if concentrated on too much other important areas will be ignored.) Something in me wonders if it wasn't the original home of the Dalai Lama, would there be same fuss made over it.

Complete Idiot gives the address Hotel de Bilderberg in Holland.

In 1954 the first meeting took place of the Bilderberg Group took place in that hotel, set up by people concerned about the growth of anti-Americanism in Western Europe. It is basically a pro-american anti communist group, who meet annually, invited guests only.

The group's secrecy and its connections to power elites has provided ammunition for many who believe that the group is part of a conspiracy to create a New World Order.

So is Complete Idiot indeed trying to establish a new world order, the means to a future One World Government?:cool:

John Findlay
may not of been but what was the most embaressing for hitler? A runner called Jesse Jackson who went against the Nazi's idea of the perfect human beating all the German's runner's.

What would be more embarresing for China? a couple of protesters yelling at the olympic flame when it is not broadcast to Chinese people or them getting beaten in nearly all events at the olympics by other countries on home soil.

Tibet to me is a cause that is one that puts other causes sadly in the shade due to the idea that is cool to shout "free tibet." (this may be contraversal but the palastein issue is the same, though that is not to say they aren't worthy causes that if concentrated on too much other important areas will be ignored.) Something in me wonders if it wasn't the original home of the Dalai Lama, would there be same fuss made over it.

Being the pedant that I am. The Black American runner who won four gold medals at the 1936 Berlin Olympics was Jesse Owens. Jesse Jackson is I still believe a reverand.

John

jamboinglasgow
Being the pedant that I am. The Black American runner who won four gold medals at the 1936 Berlin Olympics was Jesse Owens. Jesse Jackson is I still believe a reverand.

John

opps, now I feel stupid, need to go and kiss Jesse Jacksons backside and all will be forgiven.

John Findlay
opps, now I feel stupid, need to go and kiss Jesse Jacksons backside and all will be forgiven.

Dont worry I am sure Jesse Jackson would kiss yours if he thought there was a vote in it.

John

Ahhh but it's easier to criticise and put pressure on China than it is to have a go at Israel, nobody wants to upset them :rolleyes:

John Findlay

I first visited Israel in 1980. The currency was the Shekel. I went back again in 1985 and the currency was the US dollar and still is to this day. Israel is the true 51st state of the USA.

John

Stewart MacD

This is just the cause of the month for the rent-a-mob brigade. Last month was Japanese whaling and next month will be "Save the habitat of the green bellend frog from trams".

Unfortunately, the average Tibetan will gain nothing from the "outrage" of those in the west watching their plasma tvs, comfortable in their armchairs. Better with quiet diplomacy and gradual progress.

doctor jambo

The IOC is bent and corrupt

The athletes appear to be amoral over the games, and some will be on drugs- certainly none of them are amateurs any more, which was the olympic ideal.

THere is little really to celebrate in these games anymore

One corrupt regime staging a "spectacle" in the country of another corrupt regime

And all the time we all sit around and listen to it on our Chinese made radios, watch it on our chinese made TVs and wearing our chinese made clothes and object that no-one will take a stand against China.

HOw ironic

HOwever I bet CompleteIdiot has a Tibetan made TV just to be different....:)

Tubo (Tibet) submitted to the Mongols in the 13th Century. In the 16th C. the title of Dalai lama was conferred by the Qing Dynasty emperor. It was Britain (surprise, surprise) which started the attempt to separate Tibet from China, following the Opium War.

I'm afraid I don't know too much of what is going on in Tibet other than there were riots recently where Tibetans were killing Chinese for the sake of it and that the Chinese govt sent in troops to sort it all out. Not sure whether Chine should be in Tibet or not....but

If we are going to give China a hard time should we not look closer to home? After all we allow rendition flights to land (illegally) in this country. We say nothing to the "land of the free" about Guantanamo Bay and the illegal incarceration of people without trial.

All Govts seem to be as bad as each other. The West has its own skeletons hiding too.

This just makes the moral outrage of our politicians a tad hypocritical imho.

Forget boycotting the olympics, why not boycott the companies that trade with China instead? That would have a much bigger impact.

Does any one think there could be protests across the world when London host the olympics...

Would be nice to see IMO.

Does any one think there could be protests across the world when London host the olympics...

Would be nice to see IMO.

The Commonwealth Games in Glasgow would be funnier. Having the likes of Mugabe moaning about facilities etc would be priceless!

It was the bankers (like you) that led us into our current financial mess, led us into accepting Chinese trade bondage and are now begging us (the average taxpayer) to bail them out of their greed driven financial crisis.

Er, I'm not a banker. Your mate Irvine Jambo (RIP) misled you on that one.

John

If you were the pedant that you claim to be I would have thought you would have known that Jesse Jackson was a Reverend.

;)

CompleteIdiot
Er, I'm not a banker. Your mate Irvine Jambo (RIP) misled you on that one.

Someone told me that you were a banker. I must have misheard them. ;)

CompleteIdiot
The IOC is bent and corrupt

The athletes appear to be amoral over the games, and some will be on drugs- certainly none of them are amateurs any more, which was the olympic ideal.

THere is little really to celebrate in these games anymore

One corrupt regime staging a "spectacle" in the country of another corrupt regime

And all the time we all sit around and listen to it on our Chinese made radios, watch it on our chinese made TVs and wearing our chinese made clothes and object that no-one will take a stand against China.

HOw ironic

HOwever I bet CompleteIdiot has a Tibetan made TV just to be different....:)

You made me look at my TV to find out where it was made. The answer is France. It's a Philips.

I have a clean conscience. :angel:

We are engaging with China.

We are also free societies allowing freedom of expression.

Some of that expression spills over into agitation, which creates scenes on the streets that are dealt with by the police while at the same time providing publicity for those protesting and copy for the media.

Free societies, happy campaigners, satisfied media, embarrassed Chinese officials.

What's the problem?

CompleteIdiot
Complete Idiot gives the address Hotel de Bilderberg in Holland.

In 1954 the first meeting took place of the Bilderberg Group took place in that hotel, set up by people concerned about the growth of anti-Americanism in Western Europe. It is basically a pro-american anti communist group, who meet annually, invited guests only.

The group's secrecy and its connections to power elites has provided ammunition for many who believe that the group is part of a conspiracy to create a New World Order.

So is Complete Idiot indeed trying to establish a new world order, the means to a future One World Government?:cool:

I am trying to create awareness of the NWO agenda. ;)

scott_jambo
I first visited Israel in 1980. The currency was the Shekel. I went back again in 1985 and the currency was the US dollar and still is to this day. Israel is the true 51st state of the USA.

John

Wrong.

You made me look at my TV to find out where it was made. The answer is France. It's a Philips.

I have a clean conscience. :angel:

A Dutch company making there products in France.

CI, you've sold out to the globalised NWO! ;)

Stewart MacD
They returned to the Shekel again?

John

It used to be the Israeli Pound. The Shekel was introduced in the late 70s and the New Shekel in the 80s.

John Findlay
It used to be the Israeli Pound. The Shekel was introduced in the late 70s and the New Shekel in the 80s.

I can assure you in 1985 it was the US dollar.

John

Archived