Alcohol on Fitba Buses?

RoyCropper

Thinking of joining a supporters club for next season as just now me and my mates share the driving while others get pished in the back but whats the deal with alcohol on buses?

Total no-no or coke bottle job? One of my mates reckon if coppers check the bus they cannot taste or smell your bottle aslong as its in a soft drink bottle but i think thats bull****. Anyone know?

Cheers :)

Dean Winchester
Thinking of joining a supporters club for next season as just now me and my mates share the driving while others get pished in the back but whats the deal with alcohol on buses?

Total no-no or coke bottle job? One of my mates reckon if coppers check the bus they cannot taste or smell your bottle aslong as its in a soft drink bottle but i think thats bull****. Anyone know?

I have no idea what the proper rules are as to whether your allowed drink on them or not but from my experience... Their definitely not enforced if you arent

Judgement call really.

Some supporters clubs aren't too bothered, others are.

Apparently their are by laws preventing it, I got banned from the rainbow bus for it :rolleyes:

The driver,operator and organiser are liable legally

As said its not really widely enforced although Im sure strathclyde ( surprise surprise) in recent times have started to try it

I wouldent advise it. I know Lothian police have been stopping and checking much more buses recently.

If an operator allows it they are aff their head. They could lose their licence.

Apparently their are by laws preventing it, I got banned from the rainbow bus for it :rolleyes:

The driver,operator and organiser are liable legally

As said its not really widely enforced although Im sure strathclyde ( surprise surprise) in recent times have started to try it

you can get banned from the Rainbow for coughing.

worst bus in town.

And i thought Roy Cropper never drank....

worst bus in town.

Totally agree.

Hellish bus, full of knobs. How gay is the name aswell?! Honestly, embarrassing.

worst bus in town.

Who's operator is telling people that the West End bus will not be running next season.

Who's operator is telling people that the West End bus will not be running next season.

Neither it should be, bunch of sectarian ****s ;)

Btw, Gasman said that if Neave doesn't get back on the Rainbow before the end of the season he's going to kick his **** in. Which I think would be rather funny.

the general

worst bus in town.

steady on old son .. you might be needing a new bus soon !

seriously though the Rainbow run a great bus and look after their members very well.

the general

it is deffo illegal mate and in theory the convener and driver get charged and fined ( but the driver can wriggle out of it if there arent crates of the stuff ) the bus company is also informed of which SC was involved and encouraged to ban them .. failure to do so may result in them being harrassed by the cops with their vehicles getting randomly stopped for minor / non offences.

however I have heard that some non federation clubs turn a blind eye and allow booze on in moderation - after all Motherwell is a long journey !!

it is deffo illegal mate and in theory the convener and driver get charged and fined

From what I've seen the convener often bullies the driver into accepting alcohol on the bus. The convener often also allows smoking on the bus despite it too being illegal.

Personally I'd throw the book at any errant conveners. A short sharp shock in Saughton would soon make them toe the line. If anyone can't last without a bevvy on such a short jouney, they need professional help. :evilno:

Archived