Top Terracing moments

Doctor FinnBarr

Definitely Fozzy at Easter Road for me.

Was only 8 at the time, and it was so packed in that stand I had to sit of the bar of the terracing to see anything. As soon as Fozzy slotted the ball through Leighton's legs, I just remember my Mum holding on to me for dear life while to place went crazy. The atmosphere when going back across the bridge of doom was incredible.

That was THE terrace moment for me. I never saw the ball hit the net, the last image was of it passing through bandy's legs and I knew it was in.

Used to love a good mental in the terracing where it took you ages after to regroup and find your mates.

But how steep was Tannadice? You'd be going mental - especially after Robbo's belter in 86 - and your feet would be going like Michael Flatley as you try and stay up.

He can't, he's a Celtic sympathizer. He can't even accept that they attacked stewards, police, and raided kiosks in the Roseburn.

Oh dear.

First of all, I am not sure what it is that I have to "deal with". That phrase is normally used when someone has to accept something unpalatable. In the case of singing orange songs, it's the one-time singers of these songs who have to "deal with" the reality that these songs have nothing to do with Hearts and are completely unacceptable. I think that most Hearts fans have "dealt with" that. There's nothing for me to "deal with". There is nothing orange in the official history or traditions of HMFC. Nothing.

I'm not a Celtic sympathiser, whatever that might be. I'm a Hearts fan, just not remotely orange. "Deal with" that.

What you're referring to here is a question I posed in another thread asking if the "raiding kiosks" at the match in May had ever been reported anywhere. Although my thread wasn't exactly welcomed, nobody posted any link that answered my question (there was a link to a story in the Sun covering an earlier match, and the official Hearts line on that one was that internet reports of kiosk raiding were untrue, but nothing about the May match). My point was that this "kiosk raiding" has never been reported. My question was, how do we know that it happened? The responses were along the lines of "trust me, it happened". There was one reply that suggested that this is an issue all clubs like to keep quiet because all away fans cause damage, and after every match the away team reimburses the home team. I thought that was possibly the most likely explanation; unfortunately, if so it suggests that we are all in this together.

My thread was only about "kiosk raiding"; I didn't say anything in that thread that challenged whether Celtic fans attacked stewards or police, since we all witnessed that. You just made that up. You weren't being deliberately dishonest, by the way. You were just "remembering" something you thought I might have written (but didn't). That's kind of similar to the kiosk-raiding. Hearts say it doesn't happen but people here "know" it did. They "remember" it happening.

Since you seem to (mis)remember stuff that I post you will know (but may have blocked from your memory) that I have consistently deplored the singing of IRA songs whenever the subject comes up.

Anyway, it's Rangers next so there'll be no orange singing from any part of the ground on Sunday.

Maybe this thread can get back on-topic now but I'm not going to be labelled a Celtic-sympathiser without replying.

arbroath 0 v 7 hearts. busby and gibson hat-tricks

xmas eve so it was "i'm dreaming of a white xmas" all day, best day oot

QOS was great anytime i went down and pittodrie was magic when we won, which didn't happen often as they were the best around and made a win all the better.

tannadice 3-0 thought that we had won the league that day, alas it wasn't to be.

any day doon fester toad, especially new years day.

funnily enough away games were a far better day oot but euro nights at tynie were good

leipzig 5-1 probably the highlight, the bayern game was pretty dull apart from fergies goal

Too many to publish, so i`ll just pick the one that first came into my head.

1987 Scottish Cup tie v Tims at Tynie. I was 13 years old at the time. Standing right behind the goals when Robbos free kick was deflected by McStay`s shoulder beyond Bonner.....as usual, bedlam and a massive bouncy!

Scottish Cup ties were so big in those days and it didn`t matter who the opposition was or what round. Obviously the game was even more important being one of the OF.....

In those days when the Hearts end was rammed and the whole end got into a song it was genuinely goosebump stuff...

Oh dear.

First of all, I am not sure what it is that I have to "deal with". That phrase is normally used when someone has to accept something unpalatable. In the case of singing orange songs, it's the one-time singers of these songs who have to "deal with" the reality that these songs have nothing to do with Hearts and are completely unacceptable. I think that most Hearts fans have "dealt with" that. There's nothing for me to "deal with". There is nothing orange in the official history or traditions of HMFC. Nothing.

I'm not a Celtic sympathiser, whatever that might be. I'm a Hearts fan, just not remotely orange. "Deal with" that.

What you're referring to here is a question I posed in another thread asking if the "raiding kiosks" at the match in May had ever been reported anywhere. Although my thread wasn't exactly welcomed, nobody posted any link that answered my question (there was a link to a story in the Sun covering an earlier match, and the official Hearts line on that one was that internet reports of kiosk raiding were untrue, but nothing about the May match). My point was that this "kiosk raiding" has never been reported. My question was, how do we know that it happened? The responses were along the lines of "trust me, it happened". There was one reply that suggested that this is an issue all clubs like to keep quiet because all away fans cause damage, and after every match the away team reimburses the home team. I thought that was possibly the most likely explanation; unfortunately, if so it suggests that we are all in this together.

My thread was only about "kiosk raiding"; I didn't say anything in that thread that challenged whether Celtic fans attacked stewards or police, since we all witnessed that. You just made that up. You weren't being deliberately dishonest, by the way. You were just "remembering" something you thought I might have written (but didn't). That's kind of similar to the kiosk-raiding. Hearts say it doesn't happen but people here "know" it did. They "remember" it happening.

Since you seem to (mis)remember stuff that I post you will know (but may have blocked from your memory) that I have consistently deplored the singing of IRA songs whenever the subject comes up.

Anyway, it's Rangers next so there'll be no orange singing from any part of the ground on Sunday.

Maybe this thread can get back on-topic now but I'm not going to be labelled a Celtic-sympathiser without replying.

The guy was talking about a game over 20 years ago FFS! The thing you need to deal with is that these songs were, rightly or wrongly, once sung by a large number of the Hearts support. Not much we can do about that now is there?

Wish people could refrain from clogging up these interesting threads with their boring sh*te.

Parkhead in 92? when we won 2-1.

Crabbe scoring the lovely curler.

Loads of us in there and it was bedlam. :thumbsup:

yep, and still celebrating the first when the 2nd went in. Brilliant stuff.

mckenna and stamp at easter road need i say more!! was at top row of top tier and end up at front of top tier :whistling: amazing game!!

Bayern game at Tynie

Dundee Utd game with Robbos screamer

4-2 and u f@cked it up always brings a smile to my face. I had bruises for weeks after that game!

Wonga Cash Dash: A Must Win Race!

It?s on JAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?s!!

The Wonga Cash Dash is back again. We are looking for that Hearts fan to do us proud in representing the Jambos against Rangers.

For those who have not yet seen it, the Cash Dash is a race in two giant Zorb balls, with one Hearts fan getting to go-to-head with an away fan, across the hallowed Tynecastle turf. The winner will be the fan who crosses the finishing line first, and will earn themselves ?250, courtesy of Wonga.

Wonga will also be giving a donation to the Hearts Education and Community Trust at every Cash Dash.

For your chance to win ?250 and to also be the supporter* that leads the Jambos enter the Wonga Cash Dash now: https://www.facebook.com/wongacom?sk=app_201742856511228.'>https://www.facebook.com/wongacom?sk=app_201742856511228.

To enter for the October 23rd race against Rangers, remember to go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wongacom?sk=app_201742856511228

* One fan to be selected at random and will notified by phone or email.

Most incredible goal celebration I've ever been involved in. Lost the guys I was with for a good five minutes.

Same here, with no seats to get in the way we all went absolutely mental when Preston bulleted the ball past a static Andy Goram!

I remember joking with my mate that the only reason we stopped jumping about was because we were both knackered.

As mentioned earlier a real shame that we couldn't hold on to the lead but an absolutely magical moment that will live long in the memory.

As a interesting side note a certain Gary Locke was on my bus that day which left from the famous Four In Hand in Bonnyrigg although it may possibly have been going by the name of The Chesters Hotel at that point.

Tom Hart memorial game - Easter Road

QoS Down at Dumfries piling into them in the shed behind the goals

Darkheid on the wednesday night when the ###### came tooled up in there hundred in the field were the buses were parked. The worst night of violence we have ever had to face and the bast-ards have regretted it ever since :woot:

Brian McClair scored for Celtic?

'87 or thereabouts. I was 6 or 7 so what i was doing there is anybodies guess, my old man would get locked up for that now.

I was bundled onto the bus and told to get under a seat. Almost every window in the coach went through.

Parkhead in 92? when we won 2-1.

Crabbe scoring the lovely curler.

Loads of us in there and it was bedlam. :thumbsup:

If that's the game John Millar scored it was mental, great day as were comfy as they scored at the death, Collins I think

Remain Nameless

John Colquhoun, Pittodrie January 1986, beating Aberdeen 1-0 up there was a major achievement then and when JC scored with about 7 minutes to go the place went mental and we were all over the wooden benches in the Old Beach End, that was the day I believed we could win the league that season.

Allan Preston at Parkhead, Foster at Easter Road, Derek OConnor's last minute winner at ER circa 1984 that brought the Frankie says T shirts, those were the days!

maroonlegions

Apart from the big cup semi win and the 5-1 and the 4-0,4-1 wins over the wee team under Burley it has to be Stampys late winner at Fester Road;I can still picture the ball being played to Stampy and then him bearing' down on the Hibs goal , the nano seconds of anticipation from the Hearts end as the ball left Stamps foot ,the despairing dive of the Hobos keeper then the bulge of the net as the ball kissed the back off the net; Bedlam and utter sheer joy was my memory of that night , managed to just say in my seat and not lose my footing as all around me went into total wild celebrations ,the Hearts end bouncing and the singing all the way up Albion Road; thumbsup.gif

0,,10289~3474196,00.jpg

Robbos late equaliser against RANGERS at Tynecastle 84 when everyone was heading to the exit and all the shed lads were all crammed in near the corner flag singing over to the Rangers fans in the enclosure. When Robbo scored scenes were incredible, different class, and a great goal.

The Wonga Cash Dash is back again. We are looking for that Hearts fan to do us proud in representing the Jambos against Rangers.

For those who have not yet seen it, the Cash Dash is a race in two giant Zorb balls, with one Hearts fan getting to go-to-head with an away fan, across the hallowed Tynecastle turf. The winner will be the fan who crosses the finishing line first, and will earn themselves ?250, courtesy of Wonga.

Wonga will also be giving a donation to the Hearts Education and Community Trust at every Cash Dash.

For your chance to win ?250 and to also be the supporter* that leads the Jambos enter the Wonga Cash Dash now: https://www.facebook...01742856511228.

To enter for the October 23rd race against Rangers, remember to go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook...201742856511228

Anyone else loving the randomness of this post inside this thread? And the username too?

:lol:

Anyone else loving the randomness of this post inside this thread? And the username too?

Yep, and yep! :)

For your chance to win ?250 and to also be the supporter* that leads the Jambos enter the Wonga Cash Dash now: https://www.facebook.com/wongacom?sk=app_201742856511228.'>https://www.facebook.com/wongacom?sk=app_201742856511228.

To enter for the October 23rd race against Rangers, remember to go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wongacom?sk=app_201742856511228

Wonga_Dave! What a terrific post and username.

Doctor FinnBarr

Thread hi-jack IMO

:o

Do one spammer

Another vote for the 93 cup semi. I was 16 and had being going up the shed for a good few years so knew the crack but the celebrations were unbelievable. As has mentioned, probably cos we were all crammed in one pen.

Pity we couldn't hold on but that was as good a Huns team as I've seen. And Derek Ferguson put in one of the best performances I've seen from a Hearts player, and IIRC, it wasn't long after his daughter had died.

vlad on the tyne

glynn snodin's free kick V Slavia Prague. I was in the shed that night and great memories of the sway. Bordeaux has to be up there too, place went bananas when mdv scored.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Another vote for the 93 cup semi. I was 16 and had being going up the shed for a good few years so knew the crack but the celebrations were unbelievable. As has mentioned, probably cos we were all crammed in one pen.

Pity we couldn't hold on but that was as good a Huns team as I've seen. And Derek Ferguson put in one of the best performances I've seen from a Hearts player, and IIRC, it wasn't long after his daughter had died.

Ferguson was immense under the circumstances. I think his daughter was gravely ill and died a few days later.

Certainly brings back memories reliving those scenes, but apart from the Cup game at parkheid when we went wild, my number one terracing moment was Donald Ford at Tynecastle replay against rangers in the cup. (1968)

This game followed that memorable dundee utd 5 Hearts 6 game. We drew with rangers at ibrox and 45,000 crammed into Tynecastle midweek for the replay. 3 minutes to go and the ball came to Donald Ford on the half way line. He beat one rangers player and then knocked the ball to the left side of the next defender, whilst running past his right (Not a move you tend to see these days)

From about 25 yards out he curled a beauty into the net just inside the far post.

Silence, for a strange moment as if the crowd had not realised we had scored then fecking bedlam all around! I ended up 30 feet from where I started the whole place went mental!

As the final whistle blew the Hearts fans invaded the pitch and fights broke out with some huns who were pretty pissed of they had got beat. I actually left Tynecastle with thousands of others through the enclosure and Main Stand. (Quite a feat as I started in the Gorgie end.)

I am not sure I have painted the picture to the full excitement of that night, but I am sure I will not be alone in remembering that fantastic night..........

Drewjambobusby

Certainly brings back memories reliving those scenes, but apart from the Cup game at parkheid when we went wild, my number one terracing moment was Donald Ford at Tynecastle replay against rangers in the cup. (1968)

This game followed that memorable dundee utd 5 Hearts 6 game. We drew with rangers at ibrox and 45,000 crammed into Tynecastle midweek for the replay. 3 minutes to go and the ball came to Donald Ford on the half way line. He beat one rangers player and then knocked the ball to the left side of the next defender, whilst running past his right (Not a move you tend to see these days)

From about 25 yards out he curled a beauty into the net just inside the far post.

Silence, for a strange moment as if the crowd had not realised we had scored then fecking bedlam all around! I ended up 30 feet from where I started the whole place went mental!

As the final whistle blew the Hearts fans invaded the pitch and fights broke out with some huns who were pretty pissed of they had got beat. I actually left Tynecastle with thousands of others through the enclosure and Main Stand. (Quite a feat as I started in the Gorgie end.)

Man you have hit the nail on the head for me. That was my first ever Hearts game. Although my recollection is hazy ,you have described it beautifully. My other recollection, which matched it in terms of atmosphere, was the replay against Celtic when Derek Renton scored the equaliser at Parkheed on Saturday, and the replay, which was the last 40,000 crowd at tynie, on the wednesday. Sadly we lost 1-0 due to a poxy Lou Macari goal after we pumped them for 90 minutes. Lot of trouble that night though (we were in old enclosure) but atmosphere was electric.

I am not sure I have painted the picture to the full excitement of that night, but I am sure I will not be alone in remembering that fantastic night..........

my first visit to darkheid, 1988 i would have been 15

just found the game on youtube,

at robbo's 2nd equaliser i never saw anything after the ball hit the inside post, it just went mental

i have just seen this goal for the first time tonight

my abiding memory is of just how horrible an area parkhead was

& how intimidating it was when there was a celtic mob waiting for us in the car park after the game

of course these were the days when we would take 5-6 thousand through- happy days

My link

If that's the game John Millar scored it was mental, great day as were comfy as they scored at the death, Collins I think

It was. :thumbsup:

Day after my 18th. Fantastic.

Doctor FinnBarr

Loads of memories, but 1 sticks out - Magic Johnston's goal v Hibs!! Ended up 20 rows forward when that went in!! :teehee:

TERRACING! FFS

:ninja:

Punks No Deid

Showing my age but remember 2-2 1976 v Montrose, think it was quarter final of Scottish Cup... am sure it was Shuggie Shaw who scored in last couple of minutes to equalise (gerritupye Denis D'Arcy). I was 6 and remember a massive pitch invasion by the hearts fans which included a young Sidney.... aged 6!! Terracing? it exploded that day!!

Wayne Foster at Easter Road will always stay in my memory. Very messy celebration

I was most scared on a terracing at the 1976 cup final when Rangers scored. There was no proper segregation so when they moved, we moved.

I have fond memories of pittodrie when JC scored in 1986. Not terracing, but we treated it as such and it was so hard to stay upright.

Same with Bordeaux. i still wonder how some didn't end up in hospital that night after that celebration.

I have a fond/scary memory of easter road circa 1977 aged 16. We were coming down the stairs and they were at the bottom of the stairs. You get the picture.

i wish jj was my dad

Not exactly my favourite terracing moment (irony)but to my dying day I won't forget being the first on the park at Dens in May 1986.

I was pressed right up against the wall during the game cos i was all of 4ft tall and when the 2nd went in 10,0000 people surged froward. I jumped onto the track as everyone piled onto the pitch and I'll never forget the Inspector with the crumpled puss decided to try break my arm in the process of getting me off the park. He must have been really proud sorting me out while every other Jambo invaded Dens Par.

I am certain that there will be others who remember this.

Punks No Deid

Not exactly my favourite terracing moment (irony)but to my dying day I won't forget being the first on the park at Dens in May 1986.

I was pressed right up against the wall during the game cos i was all of 4ft tall and when the 2nd went in 10,0000 people surged froward. I jumped onto the track as everyone piled onto the pitch and I'll never forget the Inspector with the crumpled puss decided to try break my arm in the process of getting me off the park. He must have been really proud sorting me out while every other Jambo invaded Dens Par.

I am certain that there will be others who remember this.

remember it well ...unfortunately ended up on the park not long after ....all 4'2" of me :yucky:

i wish jj was my dad

but sid - the iconic image was the bloke with the flat top in tears.

Do you remember the crumpled puss plod?

Punks No Deid

but sid - the iconic image was the bloke with the flat top in tears.

Do you remember the crumpled puss plod?

aye c'mon IWJJWMD we should focus on positives tho eh? Auld Boab, drinkin a half bottle on the terrace at Tannadice 1986 - we thought that was it, title won :whistling: gaun the Lummie grand (some say) god father of Polbeth jambos :thumbsup: RIP :thumbsup:

i wish jj was my dad

I will never forget my UNCLE BOB forgetting he was teetotal at Tannadice and emptying a hipflask after Robbo scored the best goal I have ever seen. Like everybody else I thought that was our day.

Punks No Deid

I will never forget my UNCLE BOB forgetting he was teetotal at Tannadice and emptying a hipflask after Robbo scored the best goal I have ever seen. Like everybody else I thought that was our day.

Aye the auld yin was different class...biased as.... in saying that..imagine if Kenny Black was on this random "best Jambo" poll he'd be buuuuuuuiing fae u know where....legend UNCLE BOB :thumbsup:

Tannadice ... late in the season 83/84 ... sunny saturday afternoon ... decent Hearts support ... everybody sat down (as we usually did at half time back then) ... and Sang Neil's 'Hole in my Shoe' ... top effort it was.

Only song other than a Hearts song I can remember singing at a football match. I'm sure there were others mind ?

Remnants of Standards

Almost forgot what a horrible encounter that was back in '87 with the greatest fans in the world.

It was the first time we played celtic since losing the league to them. I was only twelve I think and witnessed a fair bit of trouble even before the game near the so-called bus park which was basically an unkempt field full of long grass with the odd pigeon coop dotted around (for some bizarre reason!)

As usual celtic got the decisions that night (was this the infamous game reffed by kevin o'donnell, later outed as a card carrying bhoy?) and with five mins to go at least 200 casuals vacated their seats pointing outside to our support.

The chant went up 'There's gonna be some Gorgie Aggro' from 3-4,000 very pissed off jambos.

Now, to me that should have been a signal to the police to either keep us in for a while or keep an eye on their thugs.

Of course, neither happened and it was a total free for all outside with the cops posted missing don't you know.

I swear some of them were hiding in the long grass like pygmies waiting for us!

I jumped on a mckendrys bus I thought was ours to get away from the fighting, Hearts scarf on, turned around to see angry celts looking at me, one saying 'Aff the bus ya wee orange bassa!'. OOPS.

Finally found bus much later which had every window put in with driver attacked during game. Two hearts fans reportedly stabbed as well from memory.

Barely been back to that place ever since. Scum.

Nelly Terraces

To balance that up, remember a game around 85 or 86 when we rolled them over massively outside, a giant charge from thousands of Hearts there, and we had them on their toes, good to see them getting a proper doing on their own patch. About 400 of us were on the train and there was another almighty dust up down near the Barrowlands, again the Gorgie were not be outdone, despite the Dhims frothing at the mouth from their shoeing earlier. That Ceptic boozer, Bairds Bar, got wrecked. I'm not ashamed to admit the entire day was f'ing brilliant.

As for days on the terraces, well there's so many it's hard to know where to begin, but any time in the Dunbar End at Fester Rd was always top notch, normally a red hot and dangerous atmos, massive sways down the terrace etc, you'll never recreate what going to games was like back then, sadly.

J Cheever Loophole

Almost forgot what a horrible encounter that was back in '87 with the greatest fans in the world.

It was the first time we played celtic since losing the league to them. I was only twelve I think and witnessed a fair bit of trouble even before the game near the so-called bus park which was basically an unkempt field full of long grass with the odd pigeon coop dotted around (for some bizarre reason!)

As usual celtic got the decisions that night (was this the infamous game reffed by kevin o'donnell, later outed as a card carrying bhoy?) and with five mins to go at least 200 casuals vacated their seats pointing outside to our support.

The chant went up 'There's gonna be some Gorgie Aggro' from 3-4,000 very pissed off jambos.

Now, to me that should have been a signal to the police to either keep us in for a while or keep an eye on their thugs.

Of course, neither happened and it was a total free for all outside with the cops posted missing don't you know.

I swear some of them were hiding in the long grass like pygmies waiting for us!

I jumped on a mckendrys bus I thought was ours to get away from the fighting, Hearts scarf on, turned around to see angry celts looking at me, one saying 'Aff the bus ya wee orange bassa!'. OOPS.

Finally found bus much later which had every window put in with driver attacked during game. Two hearts fans reportedly stabbed as well from memory.

Barely been back to that place ever since. Scum.

That trouble on the waste ground was the biggest fecht I ever seen and I'm sure someone named after a boxer jumped out of a van with a couple of scrapyard dugs.Also before the semi-final against Rangers at Darkheid,bottle battles up and down Kerrydale St.

"I'm forever throwing bottles"was a nice catchy tune.

They've taken all the fun out of fitba'ninja.gifwhistling.giflaugh.gif

Bloody hell mate remember that QOS game well. I was in the charge at the back of their stand. I got stabbed in the arm by some scumbag and I remember all the way back in the drylaw bus with the windows smashed in. Bloody freezing but we were okay as someone had "found" a fridge full of ice lollies!!!

I was om the Drylaw bus in the 70's but I dont remember the windaes getting a doing at QoS but I do remember it at a Partick game in midweek in an Anglo Scottish Cup game. The driver taking a wrong turn and ending up 30 miles from Carlisle before someone put him right.

My best terracing moments were Lipzig and beating Airdrie for the first division title, both times ended up on the pitch at the end. Thought they would be my highlights as a Jambo for years until JJ and VI topped them.

<----------------------

Yeah that was the 3-0 defeat to motherwell that got us relegated. The polis were getting carted out that day and Wallace came over the calm things down. Your right someone launched an iron bar at im.

The Gorgie skins back in those days were puuuuuurrrrrreeee mental.

Yeah that was the 3-0 defeat to motherwell that got us relegated. The polis were getting carted out that day and Wallace came over the calm things down. Your right someone launched an iron bar at im.

The Gorgie skins back in those days were puuuuuurrrrrreeee mental.

Sorry to be picky,mate but i think you're referring to the 0-1 game in May,82' which we needed to win to be promoted.They did cuff us twice that season,beating us at Tynie in January of that year 3-0.

The May game was mental and it was a tyre wrench!!!;)

Archived