Top Terracing moments

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Mines, well, a game at Darkheid in the mid 80s when we had the full East Terrace but not so full when we spot a couple of guys jumping out of the Jungle and into our end. For some strange reason they were wearing Bermuda shirts and ran up the terrace to stand in front of us.

More folks than us had spotted this and all of a sudden they were surrounded and the full orange songbook was sung, to which they knew all the words clapping and alsorts.

End of game, out to buses and there they are, holding up "Troops out" posters.

Is Phannies the correct expression?

:lol:

Kicking the shite out a big fat "dim tim" type in an RAF coat who'd been shouting IRA at me all game.(He didn't see the irony of the coat)When we charged I went straight for him. Imagine my surprise when I discovered he had a glass jaw. The 70's were great.

Kicking the shite out a big fat "dim tim" type in an RAF coat who'd been shouting IRA at me all game.(He didn't see the irony of the coat)When we charged I went straight for him. Imagine my surprise when I discovered he had a glass jaw. The 70's were great.

Like.

Going mad when the penalty went in at the Parkhead final. Problem was my brother and I were in the Rangers end. Ran for our lives, covered in pies and gob, dragged over the fence when Hearts were still celebrating. We both sent the rest of the game sitting with the handicaped folk, both taking turns to twitch and drool a bit.Chasing Hibees out of the shed in the 70s was also a bellter, what idiot copper put them in there beggers believe.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Allan Preston's opener in the '93 Scottish Cup semi at Parkhead. Bedlam. I wish we'd held on that day. :sob:

Governor Tarkin

It's threads like these that really highlight how much the whole culture associated with football has changed in this country. For better and for worse, depending on what it is you want to get out of it.

Ferguson's goal at Tynecastle against Bayern. I was in my early teens and the shed was like nothing I'd ever experienced before, and probably since.

Goldstone Wonder

Allan Preston's opener in the '93 Scottish Cup semi at Parkhead. Bedlam. I wish we'd held on that day. :sob:

That was a great jumpabout.

Radioactive Mince

I'm not old enough to have experienced the glory days of football violence or cans of pish etc.

My favourite terracing memories are somewhat more tame.

One was Alloa away in the cup a few years ago when we were abusing and amusing their keeper for most of the game. And Makela scored a hat-trick.

Another was when I went to Central Park, Cowdenbeath to watch them get promoted to the 2nd Division against, I think, Elgin City. 4000 there and boys drinking bottles of Bucky, smoking joints etc up the back.

i wish jj was my dad

Some roaster spewed all over me in the shed in the eighties. While I didn't think it was funny lots of other people seemed to.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

That was a great jumpabout.

I can still see it my head - Robbo (or Baird? I think Robbo) swings the ball over, Preston seems all on his own and bullets it right into the top corner and the only thing I can see or feel for the next minute are the jackets of other punters rammed into my face as I end up 30 feet away from where I started.

Some roaster spewed all over me in the shed in the eighties. While I didn't think it was funny lots of other people seemed to.

That is funny even today

Doctor FinnBarr

I can still see it my head - Robbo (or Baird? I think Robbo) swings the ball over, Preston seems all on his own and bullets it right into the top corner and the only thing I can see or feel for the next minute are the jackets of other punters rammed into my face as I end up 30 feet away from where I started.

Don't know how you managed to move that far, we were jammed in due to them allowing a section to be be held back for the huns!

:ninja:

The CIS Cup semi final against Motherwell at Easter Road.

When we equalised, I ended up a few rows back and many seats along from where I started. Utter bedlam in there.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Don't know how you managed to move that far, we were jammed in due to them allowing a section to be be held back for the huns!

We were right under a floodlight, had a wee bit of room that was swallowed up completely when the goal went in. Great stuff.

One was Alloa away in the cup a few years ago when we were abusing and amusing their keeper for most of the game.

Funny you should say that.

I found this the other day;

He kept in touch with us for sometime after that game.

Doctor FinnBarr

The CIS Cup semi final against Motherwell at Easter Road.

When we equalised, I ended up a few rows back and many seats along from where I started. Utter bedlam in there.

Eck, read the title mate, TERRACING

:thumbsup:

Eck, read the title mate, TERRACING

:thumbsup:

I was in the East Stand that night.

It's pretty damn close to terracing.

Loads :woot:

When plod charged the Hearts fans at Tynie when we lost to Motherwell, basically we stayed down in the 1st Div that day , they even had Dogs in tow ,they got it as well :woot:

The Police got charged right back and they bolted at the same time leaving there Hats, which were flown in rejoice as the Hearts end sang 'Gorgie Rules' 'Gorgie Rules' and 'Pol lice' come ahead :thumbsup:

As a 9 yr old i seen the hearts fans charge celtic at Tynie in a SC replay about 71 I was in the stand with my uncle, it was pay back for the liberties the hooped s cvm took in the first game, which i was at,the whole stand sang 'get into them' and we did :thumbsup:

When plod charged the Hearts fans at Tynie when we lost to Motherwell, basically we stayed down in the 1st Div that day , they even had Dogs in tow ,they got it as well :woot:

The Police got charged right back and they bolted at the same time leaving there Hats, which were flown in rejoice as the Hearts end sang 'Gorgie Rules' 'Gorgie Rules' and 'Pol lice' come ahead :thumbsup:

As a 9 yr old i seen the hearts fans charge celtic at Tynie in a SC replay about 71 I was in the stand with my uncle, it was pay back for the liberties the hooped s cvm took in the first game, which i was at,the whole stand sang 'get into them' and we did :thumbsup:

That night in 71 was mental.

J Cheever Loophole

Aye,the Motherwell game one of the Polis was sparked out ,getting passed down the shed, getting even more it.I can still see the Inspector waving his troops to retreat.

Scottish cup replay at Rugby park around 1987-88. Brian Whittaker sent off and the Hearts end went mad, spilling onto the pitch and headed for the Killie fans. Beating Hibs 3-0 at Easter Road just after Mercer had tried to buy them was special also.

Remnants of Standards

I remember getting handed a bridie at Brockville when i specifically asked for a pie.

Seething doesn't come close, but i learned to pick up the threads in my life and move on.

No policemen were hurt during this incident.

Going mad when the penalty went in at the Parkhead final. Problem was my brother and I were in the Rangers end. Ran for our lives, covered in pies and gob, dragged over the fence when Hearts were still celebrating. We both sent the rest of the game sitting with the handicaped folk, both taking turns to twitch and drool a bit.Chasing Hibees out of the shed in the 70s was also a bellter, what idiot copper put them in there beggers believe.

The guy behind me managed to fall out of his seat and on top of me (probably alcohol related) but no great harm done.

Italian Lambretta

Tom Hart memorial game - Easter Road

QoS Down at Dumfries piling into them in the shed behind the goals

Darkheid on the wednesday night when the ###### came tooled up in there hundred in the field were the buses were parked. The worst night of violence we have ever had to face and the bast-ards have regretted it ever since :woot:

Mines, well, a game at Darkheid in the mid 80s when we had the full East Terrace but not so full when we spot a couple of guys jumping out of the Jungle and into our end. For some strange reason they were wearing Bermuda shirts and ran up the terrace to stand in front of us.

More folks than us had spotted this and all of a sudden they were surrounded and the full orange songbook was sung, to which they knew all the words clapping and alsorts.

End of game, out to buses and there they are, holding up "Troops out" posters.

Is Phannies the correct expression?

:lol:

Yes, that's what you call Hearts fans who sing the orange songbook.

And thats what they call you :lol:

Fermit the Krog

Ending up in first aid at Parkhead due to an almighty rush from the Hearts fans, I was near the front, pre Hillsborough.

The 93 semi at Parkhead.

Losing a shoe new year v hubs, circa 91.

Iain Ferguson v Bayern.

We were right under a floodlight, had a wee bit of room that was swallowed up completely when the goal went in. Great stuff.

Just as well Celtic had taken down the perimeter fencing judging by those who spilled over the advertising boards. Unbelievable how Strathclyde Police split that terracing with all Hearts fans squeezed into one half with the other half being empty except for the pre-match pipe band.

Parkhead in 92? when we won 2-1.

Crabbe scoring the lovely curler.

Loads of us in there and it was bedlam. :thumbsup:

Doctor FinnBarr

Very popular songs 20 odd years ago, deal with it!

scots civil war

used to like seein em aberdeen mob up at pittodrie in the eighties,when they would all sit at the corner beside the beach end...all looking pretty good

they were proper,one was quite envious of em in those days

Darkheid on the wednesday night when the ###### came tooled up in there hundred in the field were the buses were parked. The worst night of violence we have ever had to face and the bast-ards have regretted it ever since :woot:

All of these IL QOS used to be a mad day oot it was Aberdeen doon the way, was the Tom Heart one the game where the BUZZBOMB got sent of for breaking up half their team.

This no sayin it was right but it happened what should all us bad non pc boys from the 70s/80s do to punish ourselves for the rest of eternity.

vlad on the tyne

It did go a bit radio rental when Preston scored that day. Good shout

Jack Torrance

Best at home, Bayern in the shed was phenomenal. Away it was Tannadice 86. That terracing was steep. Robbo's goal...magic...bedlam.

And thats what they call you :lol:

Maybe they do, but those who want to support a non-sectarian team are in the majority.

I remember a wee bit disorder in the terracing in the 80s when Wallace Mercer came over and appealed for calm and someone launched a metal bar or something like that. I was just a young whipper snapper at the time so it's a bit vague. Also lost a coaster in a sway after we scored against Aberden.

From memory, it was held back for a feckin' pipe band verymad.giflaugh.gif

I was nowhere near the floodlights before the goal, but I do recall passing one during the celebrations laugh.gif

I always remember the shed in 86 in our euro tie against dukla Prague . We scored after 30 seconds. Was my first euro game , the place went mental.

Obviously Iain fergusons goal against bayern.

Any goal against the wee team.

I also enjoyed the game against Motherwell on 95. Last game of the season and we were still in with a chance of getting relegated. When Brian Hamilton scored , the place erupted. So glad tommy Maclean got sacked

That Parkhead semi in 1993 for me, but remember one idiot managed to stand up on the crush barrier, arms aloft, to celebrate that goal ?

That was me !

Craig Levein scored the winner against Aberdeen back early in our unbeaten run in 85/86. The shed went mental and I ended up squashed against the fence after standing 3/4 the way up the terracing.

Likewise with Fergie's goal v Bayern.

But terracing highlight for me was that freezing cold Sunday afternoon we spent at Easter Road. We were utter mince and Hibs should have absolutely horsed us, but as usual they didn't. With 1 minute to go Gary Mackay slotted a great ball through the Hibs defence which a certain Wayne Foster controlled beautifully on his shins several times before slotting the ball through bandy's legs.

Queue bedlam like I had never experienced before nor likely to again. Fozzie standing on the fence, Hearts fans jumping everywhere. Getting crushed against the barriers and loving it. All the time the Hobo fans are just standing there watching us too gutted for words.

FT whistle went and some guy had a huge silver 21 key which he climbed up on the TV commentary gantry and stuck in front of the window so it would be in the TV pictures. Remember seeing the video later and Derek Johnstone was p*****g himself laughing.

Coburg Hearts

He can't, he's a Celtic sympathizer. He can't even accept that they attacked stewards, police, and raided kiosks in the Roseburn.

We beat Celtic 5-3 at Tynie one night. I think it was the last time we won the league. A celtic supporter near us was drunk and obnoxious. Another Celtic supporter signalled for a policeman to come and deal to this lout. When the polis managed to squeeze his way up through the terracing, the guy who called for him said something like "you'll have tae get rid o' this cxxx. His fxxxing language is fxxxing attrocious. Even the polis was laughing and the original offender was duly removed.

Bloody hell mate remember that QOS game well. I was in the charge at the back of their stand. I got stabbed in the arm by some scumbag and I remember all the way back in the drylaw bus with the windows smashed in. Bloody freezing but we were okay as someone had "found" a fridge full of ice lollies!!!

Definitely Fozzy at Easter Road for me.

Was only 8 at the time, and it was so packed in that stand I had to sit of the bar of the terracing to see anything. As soon as Fozzy slotted the ball through Leighton's legs, I just remember my Mum holding on to me for dear life while to place went crazy. The atmosphere when going back across the bridge of doom was incredible.

Most incredible goal celebration I've ever been involved in. Lost the guys I was with for a good five minutes.

Italian Lambretta

Yeah that was the 3-0 defeat to motherwell that got us relegated. The polis were getting carted out that day and Wallace came over the calm things down. Your right someone launched an iron bar at im.

The Gorgie skins back in those days were puuuuuurrrrrreeee mental.

I remember a wee bit disorder in the terracing in the 80s when Wallace Mercer came over and appealed for calm and someone launched a metal bar or something like that. I was just a young whipper snapper at the time so it's a bit vague. Also lost a coaster in a sway after we scored against Aberden.

When JC equalised v Aberdeen late in 86 I was making my way along to the Wheatfield exits. Following the bouncy I was behind the goal in the school end! When Colquhoun scored 2 at Easter Rd my nose had just stopped bleeding following the first celebration and got smashed again celebrating the second. It's strange but the bouncies following the 98 final goals were kind of ruined for me by being nervous.I'll also never forget the boy falling out of the stand at Brechin trying to catch the ball and the ball shooting through the pie stand window at the school end. I miss the terracing. :thumbsup:

Archived