Scotland or HMFC

Broxburn Jambo

Hackney Hearts

if there were 11 Hearts players in the Scotland starting line-up and the final was against England - would that change anyone's mind?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if there were 11 Hearts players in the Scotland starting line-up and the final was against England - would that change anyone's mind?

no, still rather see hearts win a throw in

I would still rather they won the Premier League in Hearts colours.

Hackney Hearts

I would still rather they won the Premier League in Hearts colours.

To be honest, if they've just won the World Cup, I think they'd probably be able to crack the SPL sooner or later.

To be honest, if they've just won the World Cup, I think they'd probably be able to crack the SPL sooner or later.

Then I will have both. :thumbsup:

Fibber.

I hate the scottish national team and there fans! and there will never be a scottish team full of hearts players

Hackney Hearts

I hate the scottish national team and there fans!

So you hate the majority of people on this board (or at Tynecastle)? Nice.

and there will never be a scottish team full of hearts players

What on earth is the point of bringing reality into this thread?

So you hate the majority of people on this board (or at Tynecastle)? Nice.

What on earth is the point of bringing reality into this thread?

sorry should read i hate the f***** who wear skirts to the games and boo national Anthems but are still the "best fans in the world" after celtic ( if that includes people on this board or at tynecastle then yes)

Hackney Hearts
i hate the f***** who wear skirts to the games

Is it women you don't like? Or do you mean kilts?

Either way, does this also apply to Hearts fans abroad?

Lot of people on here claiming the national team are crap, cack etc.

So how many would get into the hearts team?

Fletcher or Mrowiec?? hmmmmmmmm

The current Scotland team is far far better than the current Hearts team. FACT

Arguably our best player, temps, can't even get into the squad (however I think if he played in the premiership or for the Old Firm he would be)

Anyway I'll take either the WC or SPL!!!!

Is it women you don't like? Or do you mean kilts?

Either way, does this also apply to Hearts fans abroad?

i mean kilts even though woman shouldnt attend either :whistling:

yes it does to the very few who wear them

Lot of people on here claiming the national team are crap, cack etc.

So how many would get into the hearts team?

Fletcher or Mrowiec?? hmmmmmmmm

The current Scotland team is far far better than the current Hearts team. FACT

Arguably our best player, temps, can't even get into the squad (however I think if he played in the premiership or for the Old Firm he would be)

Anyway I'll take either the WC or SPL!!!!

Mrowiec any day of the week

For the partying/celebrating it would have to be Scotland.

Footballing sense definitely Hearts to win the league.

Hackney Hearts

See if you can alienate any more members of JKB...

Be sure you tell them (it's more than a few) next time you bump into them. And It would be helpful if you could issue some sort of comprehensive guide as to what we should all wear to football matches - you could be our very own Gok Wan.

I noticed earlier in the thread some snobbery about the quality of kilts and that it was the fact that they only cost ?40 that made them intolerable. I don't know, perhaps not everyone is in a position to spend ?500 on a bespoke kilt. Is it the same with jeans? Any evidence of someone wearing a pair worth less than ?100 should immediately result in our withdrawing our support for the team that they're watching.

no, still rather see hearts win a throw in

I hate the scottish national team and there fans! and there will never be a scottish team full of hearts players

sorry should read i hate the f***** who wear skirts to the games and boo national Anthems but are still the "best fans in the world" after celtic ( if that includes people on this board or at tynecastle then yes)

Mrowiec any day of the week

Cause mrowiec is polish :woot:

You're trying a bit TOO hard to fit in with the 'cool to hate Scotland' brigade....

Just you stick to celebrating Hearts throw ins.

linkin- hearts

I just want to see Hearts win the spl in my lifetime and i still cling to the faint hope it might happen.On the other hand I see no hope of Scotland winning anything in my lifetime yet it bothers me not one iota, so I presume it must mean that Hearts matter to me, Scotland's national team doesn't.

You're trying a bit TOO hard to fit in with the 'cool to hate Scotland' brigade....

Just you stick to celebrating Hearts throw ins.

who said i celebrated hearts throw ins? :ermm:

Hackney Hearts

Easy to spot the proper Hearts fans in this thread :whistling:

I nominate HMFC DikBrn.

Although I'm still not sure about his Hearts throw-in comment.... he didn't specify attacking or defensive throw-in. I think we should check.

who said i celebrated hearts throw ins? :ermm:

Scotland winning the world cup would be something that would be celebrated.

You said youd rather see a Hearts throw in.

Nuff said.

I nominate HMFC DikBrn.

Although I'm still not sure about his Hearts throw-in comment.... he didn't specify attacking or defensive throw-in. I think we should check.

i take it you mean me? thanks for that i try my best

any throw in!!

Scotland winning the world cup would be something that would be celebrated.

You said youd rather see a Hearts throw in.

Nuff said.

not by me it wouldnt so that means i didnt say i would celebrate a hearts throw in but would rather see it than see glasgow fc win the world cup.... nuff said!!

not by me it wouldnt so that means i didnt say i would celebrate a hearts throw in but would rather see it than see glasgow fc win the world cup.... nuff said!!

The fact you would 'rather' see a throw in suggests you get some enjoyment out of it.

Weird.

itsnomarooned

see post above

You're getting confusing now. In post #102 you replied to the question "if there were 11 Hearts players in the Scotland starting line up and the final was against England - would that change anyone's mind?"

Your response was - "no, still rather see Hearts win a throw in"

I don't understand stupid references to Glasgow FC ........ whoever they might be

You're getting confusing now. In post #102 you replied to the question "if there were 11 Hearts players in the Scotland starting line up and the final was against England - would that change anyone's mind?"

Your response was - "no, still rather see Hearts win a throw in"

I don't understand stupid references to Glasgow FC ........ whoever they might be

glasgow FC is the scottish national team to you, understand now!!

good try covering yourself being wrong by changing your argument to "who are Glasgow FC?" :woot:

The fact you would 'rather' see a throw in suggests you get some enjoyment out of it.

Weird.

no not enjoyed throw ins since robbie left :angry:

Strange.

Hackney Hearts

no not enjoyed throw ins since robbie left :angry:

So let's get this straight - you don't like the throw-ins themselves, it's the winning of them in the first place that's so important (and preferable to Scotland winning the World Cup)?

So let's get this straight - you don't like the throw-ins themselves, it's the winning of them in the first place that's so important (and preferable to Scotland winning the World Cup)?

hahaha i was only trying to point out how much i dont care for the national team

itsnomarooned

glasgow FC is the scottish national team to you, understand now!!

good try covering yourself being wrong by changing your argument to "who are Glasgow FC?" :woot:

I think you'll find that "glasgow fc" is the Scottish national team to you, not me but no, I don't understand.

"covering yourself being wrong" - eh?

By referring to Scotland as Glasgow FC the implication is that you don't like, sorry, you hate them, becasue of Celtic and/or Rangers players. However, the question posed earlier was would you support a Scotland team made up entirely of Hearts players and ther answer was no - this doesn't really make much sense.

Hackney Hearts

hahaha i was only trying to point out how much i dont care for the national team

What?? You don't care for the national team? You should have made that clear.

Real Hearts fans want to see Hearts players do well at International level.

I'd like to say Scotland cos it would be great to live in the country at that time and see the impact on the nation, however, i've conceded that i'll never see Scotland lift the World Cup in my lifetime and Hearts i'm sure will in mine so I would say Hearts.

I just really have no interest in sitting in amongst a crowd of bevvied up TA 'foot soldiers' wearing a misfitting ?40 kilt, timberland boots and a see you jimmy or nessy fecking hat to watch second rate englishmen, old firm rejects and players that have given the fingers to their own support play in the worst national stadium in the western world.

Yawn!!!

jambo-in-furness

as I live south of the border amongst these ##### SCOTLAND every time, although the jamtarts winning the SPL is not a bad second ;)

There are idiots everywhere, in every country and supporting every team. How did you know they were members of the TA? Do the TA members have some sort of insignia attached to them like a label? What is the TA. I believe the TA is a title the press have given the many thousands of fellow countrymen and woman who support their country. I have been with them many times and have been proud to wear the kilt as my ancestors have done for hundreds of years and cheer on Scotland. I have also seen many Hearts fans wear kilts to watch them play. Good on them it is good to be proud of your heritage. What is good about Scots fans is that they police each other and have always done so. I have been amongst 132000 of them watching Scotland play England at Hampden. Were they all members of the TA? I don't know, however they were all fanatically supporting their country . As for fans getting thrown out of hospitality...................what teams support have not been involved in this. It is not right but hardly evidence to tarnish all Scotland fans whether TA or not!

How about just leaving Scotland fans to enjoy themselves and if you don't like it, don't join them.

:bravo:

Love HMFC but Scotland comes a close 2nd

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I used to go to most Scotland games and was lucky enough to be in paris when faddy put the ball in the net...

I am just now a very proud scotsman, what I dont now like is the majority of fans that go to Scotland games. Fans in Scotland in general hate Hearts, this is a fact... Been to games where Hartley is called a 'hearts cu**', miko has been booed, Bednar has came off the bench to booos, why is this? clearly only because they played for Hearts.

People will say Miko is hated for the dive, well thats bull, he is hated for being a Hearts player that dived against Scotland, where is the hatred towards the Czech lad that dived and won a penalty at the last game at Hampden? hardly anyone can remember his name.

Im at the point now where I will watch Scotland for 90 mins on TV, I dont get much joy now watching them win and I cant care less when they lose, Hearts is my passion and where my love for football lies.

If Scotland were to play Iceland, and Eggy started for Iceland it would be him I would want to do best on the park, but then if he scored a winner no doubt he too would be hounded out our country

Hackney Hearts

Been to games where Hartley is called a 'hearts cu**'

You have to face the fact that there are some Hibs fans who support Scotland. And the combination of Hartley and Hampden may just be a little too traumatic for some of them.

Despite just having got back from a great trip in Alicante, there is only one choice for me, and always will be. And that is despite living down here and getting a slagging everyday for how rubbish we are. HMFC provides more joy than scotland ever can

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I'm Hearts before Scotland but this is not a brilliant comparison i.e. the biggest prize in world football vs some sub standard league.

Perhaps Hearts winning the Champions League or Scotland winning the World Cup would be a better comparison, and I would go with Hearts.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

as I live south of the border amongst these ##### SCOTLAND every time, although the jamtarts winning the SPL is not a bad second ;)

same, for those living in edinburgh hearts winning the spl would be a lot more enjoyable than for us living down south where people would say "so what? Blackpool could win the spl", whereas scotland winning the world cup would end the 1966 crap and allow us to get it right up em!

Prob the same if you asked whether people would prefer (as a lesser of two evils) hibs winning the scottish cup or england winning the world cup. the former would put paid to a few hearts songs but for those of us living down south we could easily just block it out i.e not read any scottish newspapers for a couple of weeks, maybe not be in a hurry to go to the next derby.. whereas for those in edinburgh, hibs winning anything would be the worst scenario I can only imagine at work, friends etc.

Broxburn Jambo

I was asked by my Grandson if I had to choose.

Scotland World Cup Winners

or

Hearts SPL winners

What would I choose?

No contest Scotland can GTF

I would like to hear other opinions

As the poster who started this I would like to clear this up

In the 70s I watched Scotland play the Home internationals, not just on TV but travelled to all three away games at times, Windsor Park, Ninian Park and Wembley.

But!! These games were played at the seasons end so no conflict there.

Also! If you ask a number of people who travelled for Scotland V England games a high percentage will tell you that the game was just a part of a good p*ss up trip.

Still Heart of Midlothian First

Archived