Scotland or HMFC

Broxburn Jambo

Broxburn Jambo

I was asked by my Grandson if I had to choose.

Scotland World Cup Winners

or

Hearts SPL winners

What would I choose?

No contest Scotland can GTF

I would like to hear other opinions

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tiberius Stinkfinger

Wouldn't it be better to be a bit more realistic ??

Hearts to win the Scottish Cup or Scotland to Qualify for the finals.

I would go for Hearts winning the Cup...:)

Hearts everyday of the week.

International football is gash.

it's a damn sight better than anything served up in the SPL, that's for sure.

Broxburn Jambo

Wouldn't it be better to be a bit more realistic ??

Hearts to win the Scottish Cup or Scotland to Qualify for the finals.

I would go for Hearts winning the Cup...:)

Your right more realistic, but still the same answer

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I am a Scotland supporter, but it's about 98%-2% in favour of Hearts, and that's even when Scotland are playing! I'm glad when there's no Hearts players in the Scotland team as it means I don't have to worry about them getting injured and I'd love to see Miko or big Zal score the winner for Lithuania tonight.

So you prefer Scotland to Hearts?

So you prefer Scotland to Hearts?

I'd rather see Scotland win teh world cup than Hearts win the SPL for definite. I like both thanks.

This is a pointless thread that will do nothing but bring out the usual suspects to have a go at our national team.

We get these threads every time Scotland are playing.

Hearts and Scotland do not play at the same time, so there is no conflict. Recite the lyrics to the Hearts song to see where our history lies.

I "enjoy" (sometimes :ermm: ) a break from club football to support the national team.

I prefer Hearts to Scotland in this scenario, but that doesn't mean I don't support Scotland and want them to win, which I'm assuming is the whole point of this thread (another thing that seems to pop up every international) dry.gif

I'd rather see Scotland win teh world cup than Hearts win the SPL for definite. I like both thanks.

:blink: Scotland before Hearts? Why?

Is that not because half the squad is English & 80% of the team ply their trade down south?

Pinning our hopes from a goal scored by an Englishman in our previous encounter v the mighty litchenstien

itsnomarooned

I know this is a hypothetical question and, presumably, it's for a bit of fun (though it becomes less and less "fun" as we go through it every single time there's an international match) ..... but why the **** can't I be both a Hearts and Scotland fan and equally passionate about them both? Hearts winning the SPL would be an almost indescribable feeling of rapture and joy but for me so would Scotland winning the World Cup. These either/or type questions are just plain daft ................. would you rather get your nuts chopped off or give your dad a BJ?

Is that not because half the squad is English & 80% of the team ply their trade down south?

Pinning our hopes from a goal scored by an Englishman in our previous encounter v the mighty litchenstien

Half the squad aye? Nice one.

I'd rather see Scotland win the world cup than Hearts win the SPL for definite. I like both thanks.

Yup. Me too.

Of course you would.

indeed of course i would, theres no contest!!

i actually hope the glasgow *******s dont qualify :o

own goal from zal and the middle finger to the camera would be perfect the night big man

:vrface:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I know this is a hypothetical question and, presumably, it's for a bit of fun (though it becomes less and less "fun" as we go through it every single time there's an international match) ..... but why the **** can't I be both a Hearts and Scotland fan and equally passionate about them both? Hearts winning the SPL would be an almost indescribable feeling of rapture and joy but for me so would Scotland winning the World Cup. These either/or type questions are just plain daft ................. would you rather get your nuts chopped off or give your dad a BJ?

You can, and that's cool. Some people aren't fans of both equally though, and that's what this thread is about I suppose.

being from northern ireland its a simple answer, hearts over scotland anyday :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

but would i rather see hearts win spl than northern ireland win the world cup. im afraid i wud have to pick northern ireland, i do honestly believe hearts will have every chance of winning the spl down the line within next 10 years, but northern ireland wont ever even qualify for world cup never mind win it,

i have felt plenty of passion in seeing arsenal beat spurs, aswell as hearts vs hibs, but i literally cudnt control the tears coming down my eyes the game when northern ireland beat those english mugs 1 nil.........

itsnomarooned

You can, and that's cool. Some people aren't fans of both equally though, and that's what this thread is about I suppose.

I'm perfectly happy that some folk don't follow Scotland - personally I can't understand it but that's their choice ...... fair enough. What gets me is that a fair few appear to be rabidly anti-Scotland and I've never yet heard anything remotely resembling a sensible and coherent argument for this stance.

:blink: Scotland before Hearts? Why?

that's hardly picking Scotland before Hearts is it? the likelihood of us winning a world cup is virtually nil. as I've said, I like both and go to both Scotland and Hearts games.

I do think the vast majority of folk who profess not to like the national team do so because they've never really seen Scotland play in a major tournament.

Not anti-scottish, but I sometimes find it more of a chore to support the national team when you have odious characters like Naismith and McGregor in the line up. These are players that you boo week in week out, and are probably 2 of my most hated players in the SPL and yet we have to support them a few times a year.

jack D and coke

Not this again. Can't we just support both? I want both to do well. Equally. I want Hearts to win every match as I do the national side. Its pretty simple.

Close one for me! Im a massive scotland fan who travels far and wide to see them. But im also a massive and proud Jambo! Both for me!

Dave The Rave

Not anti-scottish, but I sometimes find it more of a chore to support the national team when you have odious characters like Naismith and McGregor in the line up. These are players that you boo week in week out, and are probably 2 of my most hated players in the SPL and yet we have to support them a few times a year.

I was asked by my Grandson if I had to choose.

Scotland World Cup Winners

or

Hearts SPL winners

What would I choose?

No contest Scotland can GTF

I would like to hear other opinions

Hearts winning a CIS cup game than Scotland winning World Cup.

I would place Hearts above every other footballing side in the world.

Northern Ireland don't even register when they get beat, Hearts losing is a far more upsetting prospect.

Football fans are massive hyprocrites though. if McGregor or Naismith signed for Hearts everyone on here would be delighted and most would not care a jot how they behaved. obviously cue loads of folk lying and saying - not me.

When they play for Scotland they're Scottish, not Rangers players so I have no problem getting behind them.

Charlie-Brown

Football fans are massive hyprocrites though. if McGregor or Naismith signed for Hearts everyone on here would be delighted and most would not care a jot how they behaved. obviously cue loads of folk lying and saying - not me.

When they play for Scotland they're Scottish, not Rangers players so I have no problem getting behind them.

I support Scotland, go to hampden regularly however I don't agree or support the playing of flag of convenience players like Morrison, Commons, Mackail-Smith etc and other guys who have barely set foot in Scotland prior to their selection for the national team. These guys are not Scottish, they don't even have Scottish parents. Before anybody says but other teams do it - that doesn't make it right or okay - 2 wrongs don't make a right!

that's hardly picking Scotland before Hearts is it? the likelihood of us winning a world cup is virtually nil. as I've said, I like both and go to both Scotland and Hearts games.

I do think the vast majority of folk who profess not to like the national team do so because they've never really seen Scotland play in a major tournament.

Good point that actually, I've never seen Scotland play in anything other than qualifiers, I was a wee bit too young to go to France '98, and maybe seeing them playing in a proper competitive match would give a better insight.

Although I would imagine I'd probably still go with the JT's though.

Jamtarts-1874

Iam a big supporter of both but I would have to pick Scotland to win the world cup. by a distance tbh

alwaysthereinspirit

Scotland winning the world cup would be f*****g awesome.

So my answer is Hearts every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.:thumbsup:

This is a pointless thread that will do nothing but bring out the usual suspects to have a go at our national team.

We get these threads every time Scotland are playing.

Hearts and Scotland do not play at the same time, so there is no conflict. Recite the lyrics to the Hearts song to see where our history lies.

I "enjoy" (sometimes :ermm: ) a break from club football to support the national team.

hit_nail_on_head.jpg

Guest Dipped Flake

Can we not just repost the thread from the last time and the time before that and the time before that.........

Not even read this thread but I take it it is Hearts to win the league, Scotland to win the World cup, followed by posters saying Hearts to win an u-19 game before Scotland winning the World cup or other such daftness.

Can people not get it into their heads that the 2 things are mutually exclusive so the argument makes no sense. For me, when Hearts play, Hearts are the most important team to me. When Scotland play, Scotland are the most important team to me. They never play at the same time so there is no problem

Archived