Scotland or HMFC

Broxburn Jambo

Scotland winning the World Cup trumps Hearts winning the league for me, every single time. By miles.

But...if we're going to go down this bumpy road, it's not even a proper comparison. The World Cup is the pinnacle for Scotland; the league certainly isn't for Hearts, and on top of that we've already won it four times. Now, a Scotland/World Cup - Hearts/Champions League question, that's definitely more of a noggin-scratcher.

Anyway, c'mon Scotland.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a pointless thread that will do nothing but bring out the usual suspects to have a go at our national team.

We get these threads every time Scotland are playing.

Hearts and Scotland do not play at the same time, so there is no conflict. Recite the lyrics to the Hearts song to see where our history lies.

I "enjoy" (sometimes :ermm: ) a break from club football to support the national team.

Brilliant point.

For me, when Hearts play, Hearts are the most important team to me. When Scotland play, Scotland are the most important team to me. They never play at the same time so there is no problem

Woah there. What about the day in 2006 wheb they both won a trophy? Great times.

Easy to answer.. Heart of Midlothian to win the league

Always club before country!

If Scotland were to win the world cup it would be amazing, but you would always hear from the deluded old firm fans .. "It was the big 2 teams in Scotland that won us the world cup! It was our players that made up the team" shite

I had to deal with that kind of talk at the weekend watching the Scotland game with a couple of arm chair rangers supporters

It was a long night..

I just really have no interest in sitting in amongst a crowd of bevvied up TA 'foot soldiers' wearing a misfitting ?40 kilt, timberland boots and a see you jimmy or nessy fecking hat to watch second rate englishmen, old firm rejects and players that have given the fingers to their own support play in the worst national stadium in the western world.

I was asked by my Grandson if I had to choose.

Scotland World Cup Winners

or

Hearts SPL winners

What would I choose?

No contest Scotland can GTF

I would like to hear other opinions

OH NO NOT THIS ONE AGAIN!!!!

Club team Hearts.

National team Scotland.

Why are some people so fixated about this question. Is it a way of finding out who is Scottish or British?

To state that your country can GTF is beyond belief. Only in Scotland......

I just really have no interest in sitting in amongst a crowd of bevvied up TA 'foot soldiers' wearing a misfitting ?40 kilt, timberland boots and a see you jimmy or nessy fecking hat to watch second rate englishmen, old firm rejects and players that have given the fingers to their own support play in the worst national stadium in the western world.

Oh dear how sad! How bitter are you !!!!

If you don't like Scotland...fine, but why try to ruin other peoples fun. Having been abroad with Hearts and Scotland (3 x World Cup Finals Spain, Italy and France) many times, I can assure you that the Scottish fans are the best behaved. However, Hearts are no different from other football clubs supporters and have a bad element that causes embarrassment on every trip. This is usually due to sectarianism and not banter.

If you dislike your own country so much then that is up to you. I would also suggest that you need to get out more and visit a few other grounds if you think that Hampden is the worst national stadium in the western world! It is not great but come on!

Hampden is actually a fairly pish stadium.

The only thing that I look forward to about Hearts playing there is the promise of silverware more than the actual trip to the ground.

ToadKiller Dog

Hearts will win the league at some point in the future hopefully in my lifetime , Scotland wont win the world cup at anytime unless a world war wipes out the major football playing nations .

Scotland winning the WC would be a far more massive event .

Its not something i worry about . Imagine a player from the title winning hearts team scoring the winner for Scotland in the world cup final ,more chance of me making friends with Mork from orc while i am on holiday to Saturn but that would likely lead the death of me in a booze soaked summer.

Patrick Bateman

I'd much prefer a Scotland World Cup win, can you imagine how seething the English would be?

Hampden is actually a fairly pish stadium.

The only thing that I look forward to about Hearts playing there is the promise of silverware more than the actual trip to the ground.

It is.

You need about 40,000 people in there to produce a decent atmosphere aswell. Stands are too far away from the pitch. And the view behind the goals is terrible.

jamboinglasgow

Do we have to have one of these threads for every international?

:stare:

Completely agree, it is a loaded question, one almost designed to put Scotland down by people outdoing each other to show how massive a Hearts fan is.

To me there is no conflict between supporting Scotland or Hearts so this question is redundant.

alwaysthereinspirit

OH NO NOT THIS ONE AGAIN!!!!

Club team Hearts.

National team Scotland.

Why are some people so fixated about this question. Is it a way of finding out who is Scottish or British?

To state that your country can GTF is beyond belief. Only in Scotland......

Name one poster on here who wrote that Scotland the country can GTF.

On my last visit i fell in a ditch gettin a hotdog outside the groundits an absolute disgrace !! Its as if theres been an earthquake .

:jjyay:

I'd much prefer a Scotland World Cup win, can you imagine how seething the English would be?

Greetin' faced SoonToBeRelegated FC supporters > Greetin' faced Englishmen.

Just sayin'.

or

Hearts SPL winners

What would I choose?

I'd definitely choose Scotland to be World Champions. However, if it was Hearts to win the European Cup instead of the SPL then I'd definitely take Hearts.

Overall I consider myself more of a Hearts fan than a Scotland fan.

Is that not because half the squad is English & 80% of the team ply their trade down south?

Pinning our hopes from a goal scored by an Englishman in our previous encounter v the mighty litchenstien

I'm no one of they mathematicalticians, but I feel confident that 3 out of 25 falls somewhat short of the 50% mark.

Not read the thread.

It's probably been said before.

But.

It doesn't have to be one or the ******* other you absolute rockets.

Not this again. Can't we just support both? I want both to do well. Equally. I want Hearts to win every match as I do the national side. Its pretty simple.

This!

Prince Buaben

Hearts winning the SPL every time.

On a side note if Scotland won the World Cup then the celebrations would be amazing too and might even get a public holiday :whistling:

Oh dear how sad! How bitter are you !!!!

If you don't like Scotland...fine, but why try to ruin other peoples fun. Having been abroad with Hearts and Scotland (3 x World Cup Finals Spain, Italy and France) many times, I can assure you that the Scottish fans are the best behaved. However, Hearts are no different from other football clubs supporters and have a bad element that causes embarrassment on every trip. This is usually due to sectarianism and not banter.

If you dislike your own country so much then that is up to you. I would also suggest that you need to get out more and visit a few other grounds if you think that Hampden is the worst national stadium in the western world! It is not great but come on!

Love how people make jumping asumptions, I have no bitterness towards my country, I simply feel no connection with our national team!

Being just about to turn 30 I have only had the chance to watch Scotland once at a major tournament, I travelled to France 98 and had a great time. Now I am no longer 17 I feel quite embarrased by the stereotype we portray of ourselves as a nation because it does nothing for us other than line the pockets of tartan tat purveyors like the Gold Bros!

I never said the scotland fans aren't well behaved but do not think for one second that the TA is full of cheeky chappie drunks, there are idiots amongst the TA too! In fact when we had to beat Italy at Hampden I had 18 of the TA thrown out of hospitality for foul and abusive language towards my staff.

As for getting out more and seeing other stadiums? Well go on then tell me whose national stadiums are worse than Hampden? Italy? Germany? England? Wales? Holland? France?

Name one poster on here who wrote that Scotland the country can GTF.

The very first one, the opening post had :

No contest Scotland can GTF.

Apologies if he didn't mean the country but the football team only but come on...

Love how people make jumping asumptions, I have no bitterness towards my country, I simply feel no connection with our national team!

Being just about to turn 30 I have only had the chance to watch Scotland once at a major tournament, I travelled to France 98 and had a great time. Now I am no longer 17 I feel quite embarrased by the stereotype we portray of ourselves as a nation because it does nothing for us other than line the pockets of tartan tat purveyors like the Gold Bros!

I never said the scotland fans aren't well behaved but do not think for one second that the TA is full of cheeky chappie drunks, there are idiots amongst the TA too! In fact when we had to beat Italy at Hampden I had 18 of the TA thrown out of hospitality for foul and abusive language towards my staff.

As for getting out more and seeing other stadiums? Well go on then tell me whose national stadiums are worse than Hampden? Italy? Germany? England? Wales? Holland? France?

There are idiots everywhere, in every country and supporting every team. How did you know they were members of the TA? Do the TA members have some sort of insignia attached to them like a label? What is the TA. I believe the TA is a title the press have given the many thousands of fellow countrymen and woman who support their country. I have been with them many times and have been proud to wear the kilt as my ancestors have done for hundreds of years and cheer on Scotland. I have also seen many Hearts fans wear kilts to watch them play. Good on them it is good to be proud of your heritage. What is good about Scots fans is that they police each other and have always done so. I have been amongst 132000 of them watching Scotland play England at Hampden. Were they all members of the TA? I don't know, however they were all fanatically supporting their country . As for fans getting thrown out of hospitality...................what teams support have not been involved in this. It is not right but hardly evidence to tarnish all Scotland fans whether TA or not!

How about just leaving Scotland fans to enjoy themselves and if you don't like it, don't join them.

I meant to add that I also strongly disagree with your comment:

because it does nothing for us other than line the pockets of tartan tat purveyors like the Gold Bros!

In fact the opposite is true. I bought my kilt, like thousands of other Scots, from well established and credible kilt makers who in turn provide a lot of employment for workers in Scotland. They earn good money for the economy. Indeed my kilt is the Hearts one and so it even made money for the club. Your statements are too generic and your stereo typing is patronising to say the least. As I stated earlier you are entitled to dislike the Scots fans, many of whom will be seated beside you at Tynecastle on a match day, but please stop patronising them based on very limited knowledge!

Hearts any day, I have no passion these day for Scotland not even going to bother watching the match tonight. To me the weekend without Hearts playing is a total waist

I meant to add that I also strongly disagree with your comment:

because it does nothing for us other than line the pockets of tartan tat purveyors like the Gold Bros!

In fact the opposite is true. I bought my kilt, like thousands of other Scots, from well established and credible kilt makers who in turn provide a lot of employment for workers in Scotland. They earn good money for the economy. Indeed my kilt is the Hearts one and so it even made money for the club. Your statements are too generic and your stereo typing is patronising to say the least. As I stated earlier you are entitled to dislike the Scots fans, many of whom will be seated beside you at Tynecastle on a match day, but please stop patronising them based on very limited knowledge!

Again making asumptions regarding my knowledge of the TA!

You made a point about the TA being well behaved and I simply cited a personal experience where they were not, which by the way was in a mixed hospitality suite that also had Italian fans, none of which were thrown out!

I really don't feel I was patronising in the slightest, I can tell the difference between a well made and credible Kilt and a bit of tat from Gold Bros and the like, a large proportion I have seen both inside Hampden and those on the way to or from games fall into the later type!

Matthew Le Tissier

Being an Englishmen living in Scotland id 100% rather Hearts won the league. The sheer amount of abuse id recive is scary to think about.

MacDonald Jardine

I'd take the League Cup over Scotland winning the World Cup any day but threads like this are just for the wind up.

I've never understood why any Scot who's interested in football would want the national team to lose or even just not care.

Some of the TA are wanks?

No doubt they are. So are some of the Hearts support.

I've disliked a few Hearts players in my time but it doesn't stop me following them.

Why should it be different for Scotland.

Teuchterjambo

First, last and always the Heart of Midlothian - nothing else comes close.

peebles jambo

hearts for me, if scotland were playing in the back garden i'd shut the blinds, never watch scotland they're cack

Hearts winning the SPL every time.

On a side note if Scotland won the World Cup then the celebrations would be amazing too and might even get a public holiday :whistling:

Absolutely. Hearts always.

In addition if I was to choose between a Scotland win tonight or a Hearts win on Saturday and I could only have one, I would choose the latter.

The White Cockade

hearts for me, if scotland were playing in the back garden i'd shut the blinds, never watch scotland they're cack

Hearts were cack for most of the 70's and 80's

didn't stop me supporting them

fingers finest

Hearts any day, I have no passion these day for Scotland not even going to bother watching the match tonight. To me the weekend without Hearts playing is a total waist

im in no position to criticise anyones spelling but this blunder really made me chuckle

I'd like Scotland to win the world cup, it'd really be fun. If Hearts won the league, it'd be up there with the birth of my son as the greatest thing in my life.

Sorry folks, Heart of Midlothian Football Club is everything.

About as much chance of either scenario but World Cup for me. Anyone who disagrees with me is a right hand loving numpty FACT.

Unfair comparison..

The amount of games hearts play a year is a lot more than Scotland, so naturally people would prefer Hearts..

Nothing wrong with wanting both..

or

Hearts SPL winners

What would I choose?

If I had to choose? Being realistic, Hearts, but if both of these scenarios were to happen OOFFFTTT!! :lol:

Archived