Calum Elliot

PsychocAndy

Sergio Garcia

The sooner he leaves the club the better. Had an unbelievable amount of chances. As bad as mole, Nade, Witteveeen!!

He's a second division player who has been at Tynecasle for a ridiculous amount of time earning good money. :angry:

He aint a Second division player, depending on his attitude he is probably bottom 6, top of the first division.

He is ten times the player Mole was, he may have slept with a footballer but I never seen anything from him to suggest a good future.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow a Clum thread and he has not even kicked a ball this season.

IMO he is not on big wages and is a good squad player and can be used when we need him. I will never see him as Kyle, MDV or Adam type player.

If we had a squad full of top players then I could understand getting rid of him, but we dont and he can do a job when fit so why not keep him.

Gregory House M.D.

People still battling this failures corner.

:vrface:

Whatever talent he had won't be seen here. He's had countless chances and would have been launched ages ago if he hadn't got that ridiculous contract.

Guy with kickback account call's professional footballer a failure. :vrface:

Gregory House M.D.

Wow a Clum thread and he has not even kicked a ball this season.

IMO he is not on big wages and is a good squad player and can be used when we need him. I will never see him as Kyle, MDV or Adam type player.

If we had a squad full of top players then I could understand getting rid of him, but we dont and he can do a job when fit so why not keep him.

Kyle thrown in with MDV and Adam. 382025_o.gif

He aint a Second division player, depending on his attitude he is probably bottom 6, top of the first division.

He is ten times the player Mole was, he may have slept with a footballer but I never seen anything from him to suggest a good future.

I am ten times the player Mole was.

Well playing shite on a saturday is opinion and seeing him smashed up town is something ive seen so fact!

Are you guessing or stating fact when complaining of him being mismanaged by coaches?

You've seen him getting smashed up the town, the night before a game?

Regarding his mismanagement. Clearly it's an opinion. Do you think we used him correctly?

I've given up on Clum to be honest - I just dont think he's good enough.

What I will say in his defence though is that for most of the 'chances' he's been given - he's been lumped in to this pesh poor lone striker system that we've been lumbered with. He's not the first and probably wont be the last striker at this club who'll be hung out to dry as a result of playing this way.

Its no coincidence that even when we get a proven SPL striker in through the door, he cant produce the goods either.

If we want a prolific goal scoring 'Robboesque' striker, we need to play a different system. Simple as that.

Calum has bags of ability, has good quick feet and I think when he is back from injury we will have the attacking midfielder everyone is asking for.

Paulo will mould him for stardom.

He'll never stay fit long enough for us to know if he's really any good or not. Get rid.

Not good enough, too many tantrums on the pitch and letting his head go down will always hold him back. Give him the boot when his contracts up.

Nice to see HGW having an absolute mare of a thread though.

He had an erse like a pit cuddie before he got injured so really cannot see him getting fit enough to make any kind of impact before his contract runs out and he's shown the door.

A forward version of Steven Simmons imho

Guy with kickback account call's professional footballer a failure. :vrface:

Some other account holders reckon he's pish at football too...

:sob:

Remind me what club you play for so I know if you are suitable to pass comment in the future?

:goodone:

People still battling this failures corner.

:vrface:

Whatever talent he had won't be seen here. He's had countless chances and would have been launched ages ago if he hadn't got that ridiculous contract.

It's like debating who was bad, Hitler or Saddam.

For what it's worth, both are completely useless. Although I think Steven Elliott is slightly less pathetic.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's like debating who was bad, Hitler or Saddam.

For what it's worth, both are completely useless. Although I think Steven Elliott is slightly less pathetic.

< ist2_6133899-hill-of-beans.jpg

gal_mausoleum_humphrey_bogart.jpg

tbf...

fabienleclerq

You've seen him getting smashed up the town, the night before a game?

Regarding his mismanagement. Clearly it's an opinion. Do you think we used him correctly?

No, ive seen him smashed up town while on a run of poor form.If he wanted to up his game he wouldn't be getting drunk, he would be looking after himself the way an athlete should.The guy Had potential which he's not lived up to for whatever reason, i suspect he thought he'd made it after breaking into the first team at Hearts,which shows a lack of ambition in itself. The fans havent helped calling him "clum" etc we must be some of the worst fans for getting on players backs.

Did we use him correctly?

The guy broke into the team and played with better quality players than we have now,this alone should've helped him. I really don't know calum's best option be it part of a front two or a lone role.As a front two we've not seen much and when he was scoring i may be wrong but he was up front alone.I suppose if you want to be a professional striker you should be able to do both, regarding Att mid have you seen him play a killer ball or a great through pass? for me calum played best when showing for the ball and either holding it up or laying it off to midfielder's.I dont think he is creative enough to play the role and i think his time is up.

Rudi's Left Peg

I notice there is a lot of 2T's bashing going on in this thread....I must ask why?

This is a guy who's goals away from home last season got us 3rd place in the end.

Gives you 110% and people were tugging themselve off at this last season.

He's hit the back of the net once this season and missed a couple of chances in the games he's played.

However I ask you this, how many chances are created for him when you play him up top on his own?

This chat that Calum Elliot is a better finisher is woeful, Stelliott needs a striker to feed off and he will score goals.

On the subject of Sutton, a guy who has scored 30+ goals over the last 2 seasons in the same league, against the same opponents, comes to us and looks p!sh.

Does that say more about the way we play/coach our strikers or Sutton?

People seem to be solely focusing on the Frail era when they start their argument for gettin him to ****, treating the breakthrough as an after thought, taking away completly the liv i loan spell and subsequent return to the top team under Csaba and JJ, and giving the lad no chance with the injuries he's sustained for a lack of consistant form and subsequent maturing as person that will have happened as a matter of life experience, how many times under JJ did you see him be petulant and throw his arms up (like this is a trait solely attributed to Elliot) with which he also derided for. "He's had enough chances" another famous phrase, you not get that young players need shit loads of games to improve.

Think of the praise Stevenson gets as a wayward laddie who has sorted himself out and is now starring for us, now Callum Elliot is 2 or 3 years younger than him and showed enormous potential in the break through, and glimpses of this in sporadic spell between injuries, we cannot dismiss the Frail era shiteness, but why cant we afford him the lee way that other players got around that time, Bruno deemed shite, Karipidas deemed shite, Goncalves deemed shite, given to Csaba and they were not to bad where they? If he's injury prone aye he probably need s to go but if he's over injuries he has talent to succeed. Now he's gettin older lets see if he has matured enough.

Elliot & Glen are yesterday men its time to look forward bring on the youngsters and let the mamager bring in his own players sorted.

Grumpy.

fabienleclerq

People seem to be solely focusing on the Frail era when they start their argument for gettin him to ****, treating the breakthrough as an after thought, taking away completly the liv i loan spell and subsequent return to the top team under Csaba and JJ, and giving the lad no chance with the injuries he's sustained for a lack of consistant form and subsequent maturing as person that will have happened as a matter of life experience, how many times under JJ did you see him be petulant and throw his arms up (like this is a trait solely attributed to Elliot) with which he also derided for. "He's had enough chances" another famous phrase, you not get that young players need shit loads of games to improve.

Think of the praise Stevenson gets as a wayward laddie who has sorted himself out and is now starring for us, now Callum Elliot is 2 or 3 years younger than him and showed enormous potential in the break through, and glimpses of this in sporadic spell between injuries, we cannot dismiss the Frail era shiteness, but why cant we afford him the lee way that other players got around that time, Bruno deemed shite, Karipidas deemed shite, Goncalves deemed shite, given to Csaba and they were not to bad where they? If he's injury prone aye he probably need s to go but if he's over injuries he has talent to succeed. Now he's gettin older lets see if he has matured enough.

He's had more than a hundred! I was suprised we sent him on loan when we did and thought maybe if he scores goals for livi he'll get his swagger back and start hitting the net,he didnt.I think it's probably best if he moves on somewhere new, he's better than div1 but if he drops down for a year and hits some form someone will take a chance on him. Stevenson dropped down and realised how good proffesional's have it and upped his game hopefully callum does the same, maybe another loan spell would do him good?

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Callum Elliot must still have the technique he displayed in 05-06. **** knows what's went wrong since then.

He's had more than a hundred! I was suprised we sent him on loan when we did and thought maybe if he scores goals for livi he'll get his swagger back and start hitting the net,he didnt.I think it's probably best if he moves on somewhere new, he's better than div1 but if he drops down for a year and hits some form someone will take a chance on him. Stevenson dropped down and realised how good proffesional's have it and upped his game hopefully callum does the same, maybe another loan spell would do him good?

But he did. 10 goals in a handful of games, came back played well scored a couple for Csaba, got a knee injury.

Whats to say that elliott hasnt allready realised how could proffesionals have it will do well without being released from us, im not saying he's the saviour or the answer. But we have a good player on our books, who has came through the youth system, who could do a job for us, like has been mentioned wont be on astronmical wages.

A hundereds about right, would you not say the last 10 games he's played have been better than the proceeding 70, from the few he got during the breakthrough under rix

fabienleclerq

But he did. 10 goals in a handful of games, came back played well scored a couple for Csaba, got a knee injury.

Whats to say that elliott hasnt allready realised how could proffesionals have it will do well without being released from us, im not saying he's the saviour or the answer. But we have a good player on our books, who has came through the youth system, who could do a job for us, like has been mentioned wont be on astronmical wages.

A hundereds about right, would you not say the last 10 games he's played have been better than the proceeding 70, from the few he got during the breakthrough under rix

I wouldn't have him in our first team, i think you could pick ten games from anyone and say he can play like this, but in reality it's about consistancy and calum's not shown it enough.

I wouldn't have him in our first team, i think you could pick ten games from anyone and say he can play like this, but in reality it's about consistancy and calum's not shown it enough.

im not talking ten games throughout the hundred im talking the last ten games he has played in from Csaba to JJ, he has played well scored goals, worked hard for the team, an improvement on what had went on before, showin signs that he has matured and is willing to do the right thing for the team.

He's due to come back some time in January why not see if Sergio is willing to give him a chance. Can maybe see what some are saying that he's had too many chances already but he also got shat on by the club after '06.

The loan to Motherwell was a disaster and put him backwards then Frail hung him out to dry. Went to Livi did very well, played for Csaba did well, got injured, played for JJ did well, got injured and here we are. As much as he may have some attitude problems he hasn't exactly had it easy either.

He has one more chance really, what harm could it do?

Depends how you look at it. We have other youth players trying to break through. If Calum is given another go, should it be at their expense?

Apart from Smith and Ogleby at East Fife I don't think there's any young guys ready for the step up yet and Smith is in the first team picture already and Ogleby is out on loan.

Elliot could have been a better player for us if he had a better attitude. I still think he has the ability to improve and become a good striker for us .. not too sure about him in midfield though.

Hopefully he has matured a bit and cut out his tantrums and moaning that annoyed most of us, kind of like Michael Stewart at times the way he would blame his own mistakes on others!

Also, he would have to cut out the heavy drinking on night outs.

I'm not against professional footballers going out at the weekend and getting a bit drunk but almost every time I've seen him up town he's been struggling to walk!

I'd rather see Robinson or Smith get a run in the team before Elliot gets another chance to be honest

Time for 1t to go, reason, he's had plenty of time and plenty of chances to prove himself. Also i don't buy into this "because he played the lone striker role" - nonsense, every player has to adapt to a managers style, example: Stevenson, and look how well he is doing.

Our focus should be on building a team around Smith and Robinson. Eliot had his chance and it has passed.

Francis Albert

Time for 1t to go, reason, he's had plenty of time and plenty of chances to prove himself. Also i don't buy into this "because he played the lone striker role" - nonsense, every player has to adapt to a managers style, example: Stevenson, and look how well he is doing.

Our focus should be on building a team around Smith and Robinson. Eliot had his chance and it has passed.

I am not sure it makes sense to build a team around a couple of untried youngsters. After all there was once a case for building a team round Eliot! And Stevenson gets more support up front than Elliot ever did.

Anyway, I can guarantee that after a dozen first team starts there will be "Smith/Robinson is mince" factions on here.

I am not sure it makes sense to build a team around a couple of untried youngsters. After all there was once a case for building a team round Eliot! And Stevenson gets more support up front than Elliot ever did.

Anyway, I can guarantee that after a dozen first team starts there will be "Smith/Robinson is mince" factions on here.

The untried youngsters are the future of the club and we should be trying to bleed them into the first team gradually, then building around the mentioned two, however, i fear you could be right on what you said highlighted in bold.

Broxburn Jambo

His problem is he lacks any genuine pace.

This explains his poor goal scoring record (he very very rarely beat any defender one on one to get into scoring position or in a straight footrace) this also explains the hissyfits he throws because he is almost always caught in possession,

I am sorry but just not good enough

Levein, Burley, Rix, Frail, Csaba and Jefferies have all seen something in Elliot, as have various coaches at youth level for Scotland. So saying he's 'rubbish' is off the mark.

Whether he can ever consitently produce whatever it is they see in him that for Hearts in the first team remains very debatable but I would not be at all surprised if Sergio thought he was a player and tried to fit him in somewhere on his return.

jamboinglasgow

Supposed to be January but not heard much recently

I am sure I read that he is back doing running or light training, but obviously it will be weeks before full training and also bounce matches. So January may still be the time.

I agree with your earlier point, Elliot has had a tough time since his fantastic debut season in 05/06, Motherwell, Frail playing him despite his confidence being shot to pieces, and injury. I would be interested to see what Sergio thinks of him, could he be a striker that could work well in his style. If he does play under Sergio, give him a chance of at least 5 games before getting on his back, if he doesn't make it, at least his contract ends in the summer.

Spot on JiG does no harm to give him another chance

:facepalm:

Yeh - because he's only had 6 years to prove himself. In there somewhere there's a 30 goal a season striker, I'm sure of it. Let's all start getting moist the next time he bags a goal against Hamilton, cos that's the mark of a top striker.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:facepalm:

Yeh - because he's only had 6 years to prove himself. In there somewhere there's a 30 goal a season striker, I'm sure of it. Let's all start getting moist the next time he bags a goal against Hamilton, cos that's the mark of a top striker.

It's the mark of a first division striker since that is where Hamilton reside, if he scores for us against them in a cup then he is being an effective striker. Goals against SPL clubs is where he will be judged mainly and if he scores against a bottom six club then great... We must score goals to win games, you see? Why would we not be better off giving him a chance while he is getting paid? Are you suggesting we don't play him as punishment for missing chances and being injured? While we still pay his wages?... that would just be silly sport. :blink:

I don't want to see him play for Hearts again.

If he's given another chance in January - he'll bag a few goals and he will get himself another shiney 3 year contract and before you kow it the useless **** will be back to doing hee haw in games and getting a testimonial to boot!

He's crap- as much as I hated Robbie Neilson and think he was utter Colin Nish at least I'll give hiom credit for having a decent professional attitude. I can't even give Clum that.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't want to see him play for Hearts again.

If he's given another chance in January - he'll bag a few goals and he will get himself another shiney 3 year contract and before you kow it the useless **** will be back to doing hee haw in games and getting a testimonial to boot!

He's crap- as much as I hated Robbie Neilson and think he was utter Colin Nish at least I'll give hiom credit for having a decent professional attitude. I can't even give Clum that.

I sincerely hope he does...

Seriously? You would honestly be upset if he started banging in goals for the team in case he gets offered a new contract? That's just crazy talk! :blink:

Seriously? You would honestly be upset if he started banging in goals for the team in case he gets offered a new contract? That's just crazy talk! :blink:

Thats basically just someone gutted that they're opinion has been proved wrong and wont admit it, actually hoping a Hearts player fails at what he's paid to do??? crazy talk is lettin him of lightly

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thats basically just someone gutted that they're opinion has been proved wrong and wont admit it, actually hoping a Hearts player fails at what he's paid to do??? crazy talk is lettin him of lightly

If the mutant offspring of Diamond and webster started knocking in 10-15 goals a season in a Hearts top I would want him signed pronto. Christ if Elliot can even knock in 5-8 off his arse/ear/face/shin -coming off the subs bench- between now and the end of the season I will be delighted. :ninja:

Yes, if he gets another 3 year deal on silly money. He's basically been on a ridiculously generous contract since busting onto the sceme and done nothing to justify it. He's petulent / slow and has an awful off-field attitude.

He's been here way longer than he deserved to.

Yes, if he gets another 3 year deal on silly money. He's basically been on a ridiculously generous contract since busting onto the sceme and done nothing to justify it. He's petulent / slow and has an awful off-field attitude.

He's been here way longer than he deserved to.

the only slow one here is you pal

Archived