Calum Elliot

PsychocAndy

Calum has bags of ability, has good quick feet and I think when he is back from injury we will have the attacking midfielder everyone is asking for.

Paulo will mould him for stardom.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calum has bags of ability, has good quick feet and I think when he is back from injury we will have the attacking midfielder everyone is asking for.

Mouth watering prospect if he and Obua were unleashed at the same time :woot:

Jambo, Goodbye

He's the type who needs to play every week, stay injury free of course and not be in a team playing hoofball, the reserve league would be so important for players in his current position. He'd prob enjoy playing in our current team, I'd like to see him in the same team as Gordon Smith actually...

Seen him play there against Celtic at youth level when he first broke through.

Was best player on the park by a mile.

Jambo, Goodbye

Although some fans use him as a scape goat when things don't go our way I still think he is better than 2t's.

I think they'd be a decent partnership and we'd possibly see better from both if they were utilised together

Gregory House M.D.

1st div player at best!

:goodone:

:Vlad-Stupid:

its shite the short memories in some fans, when it suits them of course, the hate Elliot gets, then he comes back plays well, scores some goals and those same fans are forced to eat their words, but then the lad gets a long lay off and those same ###### forget all about the good spells and focus on the bad times as some sort of recompense for having to admit that they might have been wrong about the lad.

Francis Albert

It would be interesting to see Calum in a role other than the thankless task of chasing long balls as the one man up front which has been his fate for most of the last 5 years.

its shite the short memories in some fans, when it suits them of course, the hate Elliot gets, then he comes back plays well, scores some goals and those same fans are forced to eat their words, but then the lad gets a long lay off and those same ###### forget all about the good spells and focus on the bad times as some sort of recompense for having to admit that they might have been wrong about the lad.

I can't believe this thread. CE is average at best and that is being generous! He does not have tons of ability at all, what's his scoring record?? What was his scoring record at Well? Every time I saw CE play he never did anything spectacular. He always frustrated the fans. he works hard I'll give him that, but I agree with one post on here that he 1st division quality, maybe Dunfermline or Falkirk, certainly not the famous HMFC. I'd be happy if he never played for Hearts again. As for a midfield player, OFFS!

Francis Albert

I've been as frustrated by Calum as the next man but there hasn't been a successful striker, imported or home grown, at Hearts for over 5 years. Even Kevin Kyle's scoring record from open play was abysmal and John Sutton hasn't looked up to much. I think you have to conclude that something other than the ability of the strikers might have something to do with it.

Clum if fully fit would be a not bad squad player. Unfortunate with injures and the fact he is a **** about town, made him a scapegoat with fans.... And who can forget the dance

Gregory House M.D.

I've been as frustrated by Calum as the next man but there hasn't been a successful striker, imported or home grown, at Hearts for over 5 years. Even Kevin Kyle's scoring record from open play was abysmal and John Sutton hasn't looked up to much. I think you have to conclude that something other than the ability of the strikers might have something to do with it.

Fat, middle aged, arseholes roaring abuse at talented strikers because they can't score from a keepers hoof and they aren't 6ft 5" 19st. Huddies who rarely score outwith penalties.

Sergio Garcia

What always frustrated me about Elliot was his hissy fits when he was barely touched looking for fouls instead of trying to win the ball back, Kevin the teenager comes to mind.

The game were he got sent off after Frail had backed him and commended his attitude pissed me off no end and makes me think he doesnt deserve another chance but his second half display at Ibrox from 2 nil down showed there is a player there and he can be a match winner on his day.

Im a bit meh about it all, if he stays hes got to knuckle down and realise its last chance saloon.

There is nothing that infuriates me more than his petted lip and arms flailing when he doesn't get a decision.

Close the door on your way out chap.

I can't remember if he was any good or not.

I remember him sulking a lot.

He looked like he had something when he broke it to the side playing for Rix. Looked superb if truth be told.

A bizarre decision to loan him to Motherwell and go with Jamie Mole knocked him off track - something he has never really recovered from (apart from brief flashes)

Gregory House M.D.

What always frustrated me about Elliot was his hissy fits when he was barely touched looking for fouls instead of trying to win the ball back, Kevin the teenager comes to mind.

The game were he got sent off after Frail had backed him and commended his attitude pissed me off no end and makes me think he doesnt deserve another chance but his second half display at Ibrox from 2 nil down showed there is a player there and he can be a match winner on his day.

Im a bit meh about it all, if he stays hes got to knuckle down and realise its last chance saloon.

When Kevin Kyle CONSTANTLY does this, does it frustrate you? What about the big fairy Sutton?

Oops they're tall and overweight. My mistake.

Sergio Garcia

When Kevin Kyle CONSTANTLY does this, does it frustrate you? What about the big fairy Sutton?

Oops they're tall and overweight. My mistake.

Ive yet to see Kevin Kyle or John Sutton sit on their arse after apparently being fouled and throw their arms to the ground like a petulant child.

Being skinny or tall doesnt make a difference to the fact that he acts like a child.

Gregory House M.D.

Ive yet to see Kevin Kyle or John Sutton sit on their arse after apparently being fouled and throw their arms to the ground like a petulant child.

Being skinny or tall doesnt make a difference to the fact that he acts like a child.

Aye, At least KK gets up and strutts after the ref after every less than favourable decision.

CLUM GFT!

Sergio Garcia

Aye, At least KK gets up and strutts after the ref after every less than favourable decision.

CLUM GFT!

Im not looking for an argument, I have given my opinion on Calum Elliot as is the point of the thread. Theres a good player in there but his attitude has always annoyed me. Hopefully he's matured and grown out of it.

Your actually showing a Elliot like tendancies with your posting style, you raise good points at times but instead of listening to others view you take a hissy fit and try and start arguments. Your a youngster so hopefully youll grow out of it but just cause someone has different views on something doesnt mean you have to get into a childish argument.

As I said if Elliot stays then hopefully he will have grown up, if he goes then all the best for his future.

Anyone know how many goals he has scored for Hearts sorty give an indication of his talent

16 in competitive games.

Gregory House M.D.

Clum (LOLZ) scored more open-play league goals than "cult hero" Kevin Kyle in half the time it took Kyle to score two.

FACT.

Sergio Garcia

Clum (LOLZ) scored more open-play league goals than "cult hero" Kevin Kyle in half the time it took Kyle to score two.

FACT.

My opinion on Elliot has nothing to do with Kevin Kyle.

If you want to discuss Elliot can you tell me your feelings on his attitude and numerous hissy fits?

Gregory House M.D.

My opinion on Elliot has nothing to do with Kevin Kyle.

If you want to discuss Elliot can you tell me your feelings on his attitude and numerous hissy fits?

Have you ever thought the clowns who fire abuse at him cause this?

Sergio Garcia

Have you ever thought the clowns who fire abuse at him cause this?

Nope I dont see how acting like a spoiled brat when hardly being touched is the result of clowns firing abusing at him.

I'm not defending the clowns, anyone who abuses Hearts players during the game shouldnt bother showing up in my humble opinion but thats no reason for Elliot to behave like a child.

Ive seen him do it at reserve games when there was no abuse being directed at him. So why did he do it then, if you believe its a results of the clowns?

Gregory House M.D.

Nope I dont see how acting like a spoiled brat when hardly being touched is the result of clowns firing abusing at him.

I'm not defending the clowns, anyone who abuses Hearts players during the game shouldnt bother showing up in my humble opinion but thats no reason for Elliot to behave like a child.

Ive seen him do it at reserve games when there was no abuse being directed at him. So why did he do it then, if you believe its a results of the clowns?

Funny, I only noticed it after 2008. Funnily enough when the clowns started their crusade against The One They Call Clum.

Would you like it if you made a mistake at work and thousands of brain donors came in and started shouting "C'moan ya yoosleesss *****" "yurr a ******* waste aeeee a jerzie".

Would it wind you up?

Clum if fully fit would be a not bad squad player. Unfortunate with injures and the fact he is a **** about town, made him a scapegoat with fans.... And who can forget the dance

for anybody who enjoys a good cringe moment

Sergio Garcia

Funny, I only noticed it after 2008. Funnily enough when the clowns started their crusade against The One They Call Clum.

Would you like it if you made a mistake at work and thousands of brain donors came in and started shouting "C'moan ya yoosleesss *****" "yurr a ******* waste aeeee a jerzie".

Would it wind you up?

Well he's done it his entire career, at least for the first few years he was a teenager and that made it almost understandable.

Wouldnt wind me up in the slightest, I have excellant temperament and abilty to work under pressure. In a recent Emergency drill I was commended for these skills and that was with people shouting, numerous phone calls and people acting as media correspondents. The word unflappable was used countless times. Maybe I should have a word with our Calum.

Gregory House M.D.

Emergency drill

Completely comparable scenario.

:wtf:

I think he has an excellent footballing brain and I do hope he's knocked of the childishness from his play. I just seem to remember he was a boy having to do the work of 2 strikers

Gregory House M.D.

As was yours of thousands of people coming to my work screaming at me?

Isn't that what ACTUALLY HAPPENS to Calum?

If nothing else the game against Spurs showed us that, in today's game, you need pace and strength as well as oodles of ability and the correct attitude. I'm Not sure Calum ticks (m)any of these boxes tbh.

This argument is bizarre.....HGW debating skills are genuinely horrific.

Elliot has the required skill to be a decent ACM, but as has been pointed out, acts like a child sometimes. He doesnt score enough to be a striker, certainly isnt quick but has decent skills on the ball and can pass a ball. Id like to see him against a lower league team play CM to see what happens. If he's shyte then sub him. Nothing ventured and all that.

What that has to do with KK or Sutton is anybodys guess.

Isn't that what ACTUALLY HAPPENS to Calum?

You asked what would happen in the other posters workplace if thousands of people started screaming at him...then he told you a (admittedly not completely similar) scenario, where he dealt with lots of pressure, and then you asked him what that had to do with anything? When all he had done was answer your question?!?!

Are you on smack?

Put the head wand back in the box and go watch Eastenders.

Archived