Calum Elliot

PsychocAndy

Francis Albert

This argument is bizarre.....HGW debating skills are genuinely horrific.

Elliot has the required skill to be a decent ACM, but as has been pointed out, acts like a child sometimes. He doesnt score enough to be a striker, certainly isnt quick but has decent skills on the ball and can pass a ball. Id like to see him against a lower league team play CM to see what happens. If he's shyte then sub him. Nothing ventured and all that.

What that has to do with KK or Sutton is anybodys guess.

KK and Sutton entered the discussion when Calum's virtues as a striker were called into question, at which point it seemed reasonable to ask which strikers of the past 5 years is Calum being compared unfavourably to? Every striker we've played has flopped. Spot a pattern anyone?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

You asked what would happen in the other posters workplace if thousands of people started screaming at him...then he told you a (admittedly not completely similar) scenario, where he dealt with lots of pressure, and then you asked him what that had to do with anything? When all he had done was answer your question?!?!

Are you on smack?

Put the head wand back in the box and go watch Eastenders.

How is a training exercise comparable to performing the actual scenario infront of thousands of people?

Sergio Garcia

You asked what would happen in the other posters workplace if thousands of people started screaming at him...then he told you a (admittedly not completely similar) scenario, where he dealt with lots of pressure, and then you asked him what that had to do with anything? When all he had done was answer your question?!?!

Are you on smack?

Put the head wand back in the box and go watch Eastenders.

It was a tongue in cheek comparison really but you pretty much summed up why I answered his response with that reply.

The sad thing is he does raise a good point on occasions and if he didnt get so argumentative could be a good poster.

Although some fans use him as a scape goat when things don't go our way I still think he is better than 2t's.

Are you on drugs?

Mouth watering prospect if he and Obua were unleashed at the same time :woot:

two words come to mind "Headless Chickens" or is it just me??

its shite the short memories in some fans, when it suits them of course, the hate Elliot gets, then he comes back plays well, scores some goals and those same fans are forced to eat their words, but then the lad gets a long lay off and those same ###### forget all about the good spells and focus on the bad times as some sort of recompense for having to admit that they might have been wrong about the lad.

I think that some do not have the Heart for it and that lot can f+++ +++ and be a hibby. :D

Snake Plissken

This argument is bizarre.....HGW debating skills are genuinely horrific.

Elliot has the required skill to be a decent ACM, but as has been pointed out, acts like a child sometimes. He doesnt score enough to be a striker, certainly isnt quick but has decent skills on the ball and can pass a ball. Id like to see him against a lower league team play CM to see what happens. If he's shyte then sub him. Nothing ventured and all that.

What that has to do with KK or Sutton is anybodys guess.

To be fair to HGW, slagging off other players when attempting to discuss the virtues of another is nothing new to Kickback.

Check any thread about, say Kello, it will be full of comments about how shite Jamie Mac and The Balogh are or how Robinson should be playing ahead of the utterly terrible Black/Mrowiec combination etc etc

It seems beyond the capability of many to extol the abilities of a player without slagging another who plays in the same position.

As for Elliot - he's someone who has been poor most of the time but has shown glimpses of real quality - he was on a different level to the rest in the 3-2 defeat to Celtic in January 2006, if he'd shown that form more often we'd have lost him to the EPL years ago. Perhaps he was badly managed, perhaps he was unlucky or maybe he's just not good enough to play that well other than very rarely.

Maybe he'll fit into Sergio's plans really well or more likely he'll be released when his contract is up and carve out a decent career at a first division/bottom six side.

I think we should start playing all our non-scoring strikers. We should even try to re-sign a few on the proviso that they must've been good at some point.

Nade---------Elliot---------Wyness

With Gary Glen and Roman Bednar on the bench.

Oooft.

Gregory House M.D.

Are you on drugs?

Name something stephen elliott is better at the calum elliot...

Should be easy since you have to be on drugs to think Elliot's better than Elliott...

Name something stephen elliott is better at the calum elliot...

Positioning, finishing, pace, attitude, isn't completely useless when he's not at 100% confidence.

In other words, he's a better striker.

When Kevin Kyle CONSTANTLY does this, does it frustrate you? What about the big fairy Sutton?

Oops they're tall and overweight. My mistake.

The fact that Kyle hasn't been fit, and Sutton hasn't started well at Hearts doesn't make Elliot any better a player.

Positioning, finishing, pace, attitude, isn't completely useless when he's not at 100% confidence.

disagree with finishing :ermm:

gorgiefaithful

weak, diving, moaning,talentless, shite footballer

like Naismith without the goals

You've just described naismith very well.

How can you be playing a team with the likes of fyssas jankauskas and winning a trophy in 2006 to going to a absolute dud and going out on loan to a lacklustre first division team? He obviously has potential and I think the way Paulo has us set-up will suit him and our team as a whole.

disagree with finishing :ermm:

SE's not a great finisher (in fact, one could argue he misses the easier chances) but he has scored some good goals for us, and I'd prefer him to be on the end of a through ball than Calum.

You've just described naismith very well.

How can you be playing a team with the likes of fyssas jankauskas and winning a trophy in 2006 to going to a absolute dud and going out on loan to a lacklustre first division team? He obviously has potential and I think the way Paulo has us set-up will suit him and our team as a whole.

Erm, because he stopped being in a team with the likes of Fyssas and Jankauskas?

Gregory House M.D.

dont-believe-the-lies-tshirt_design.jpg

dont-believe-the-lies-tshirt_design.jpg

I raise you SE's goals at: Hibs x2 and Kilmarnock x2 (the 1-2 game at RP). Goals that needed a natural instinct to drop markers, get in right position and keep a cool head.

Would you have fancied Elliot to score SE's first at Rugby Park? Or to have lost his marker in the 2-2 game at ER last season?

gorgiefaithful

But Neave that still doesn't take away the fact that there's obviously something there or he still wouldn't be at us he was in the Scotland 21's set-up which got the euro 21's final and played alot of games for them. All I am saying is there must be something there and he always has gave %100 for us.

Gregory House M.D.

I raise you SE's goals at: Hibs x2 and Kilmarnock x2 (the 1-2 game at RP). Goals that needed a natural instinct to drop markers, get in right position and keep a cool head.

Would you have fancied Elliot to score SE's first at Rugby Park? Or to have lost his marker in the 2-2 game at ER last season?

The Kilmarnock goals were both luck. Hibs, OK.

Would you fancy stephen elliott to score Elliots first goal last season? No.

Stephen Elliotts a ******* chronic finnisher. Probably the worst i've seen at Hearts. His goals to chances are embarrassingly awful. He's shite. Living on goals Vs Hibs. FACT.

But Neave that still doesn't take away the fact that there's obviously something there or he still wouldn't be at us he was in the Scotland 21's set-up which got the euro 21's final and played alot of games for them. All I am saying is there must be something there and he always has gave %100 for us.

A club of our size, with all its associated pressures, can't support any more passengers. I don't mean someone who doesn't try, I mean someone who doesn't constantly need the fans to be singing his name; someone who can take a bit of flak and still dust himself down and do his job. Elliot can't do that.

We also need someone that scores regularly and focuses pent-up aggression in the right manner when things are going against him and his team. Elliot doesn't do this.

gorgiefaithful

A club of our size, with all its associated pressures, can't support any more passengers. I don't mean someone who doesn't try, I mean someone who doesn't constantly need the fans to be singing his name; someone who can take a bit of flak and still dust himself down and do his job. Elliot can't do that.

We also need someone that scores regularly and focuses pent-up aggression in the right manner when things are going against him and his team. Elliot doesn't do this.

Would you rather someone who scored goals and was a total nuisance off the field or someone who no matter what situation their team is in still gives %100 I want that and his passion for the game shows as he does give %100 every game.

Stephen Elliotts a ******* chronic finnisher. Probably the worst i've seen at Hearts. His goals to chances are embarrassingly awful. He's shite. Living on goals Vs Hibs. FACT.

A scissor kick from 15 yards out whilst being marked by 2 men is luck? aye, OK.

Elliott isn't a great finisher, but he's better than Elliot although both are probably guilty of missing the chances they're given too much time to think about. Even taking finishing out of the equation, Stephen Elliott is a better player.

fingers finest

Would you rather someone who scored goals and was a total nuisance off the field or someone who no matter what situation their team is in still gives %100 I want that and his passion for the game shows as he does give %100 every game.

What is it with you and passion?

Gregory House M.D.

A scissor kick from 15 yards out whilst being marked by 2 men is luck? aye, OK.

Elliott isn't a great finisher, but he's better than Elliot although both are probably guilty of missing the chances they're given too much time to think about. Even taking finishing out of the equation, Stephen Elliott is a better player.

Sorry but a bicycle kick? Video? I seem to be remembering a different goal...

P.s if you really think SE is a better finnisher than CE, you're either clueless or have a very shite memory.

gorgiefaithful

What is it with you and passion?

I don't know I just have a thing for players who are willing to give their all for the team that they play for a bit like Stevo who gives a bit more and I don't think isn't the best of players but his goals are valuable no matter how jobbies a player is if he can score then im happy although calum doesn't have that part of his game and I wish he did as he can be a really good player for us in the SPl.

Sorry but a bicycle kick? Video? I seem to be remembering a different goal...

P.s if you really think SE is a better finnisher than CE, you're either clueless or have a very shite memory.

I don't know where you'd get a video for it.

Don't think we're going to agree on this one, btw.

Hard to disagree with this but giving the fact that the boy himself must realise that it's not going to get better than here, and he will get punted, then surely he will get his act together and show everybody what a fantastic player he can be.

Clum's frustrating. He's a young lad who's come up through the ranks, had to play the loan striker role when he might have benefitted from an older head along side him - Jimmy Bone alongside Robbo anyone?

Of course we don't go with two up front now and he's played in some horrendous sides under some managers with some strange ideas for developing him. Shaggy played him when as a young confidence player he needed to be taken out of the front line. I'd actually liked to have seen whether JJ could have turned him round. Great start last season then the goals dried up, then out injured. But he's shown something and I want him to do well for us - maybe CAM is it.

There is something about our misfiring strikers - even 2006 most of our goals came from Rudi and hat trick so it's a tough one. Velicka was the nearest to a breakthrough but at what age - 27? Age and continuing to learning the craft are the only things which keeps me a bit optimistic we'll eventually get a regular return from Clum and to an extent Glen as well.

It would be easier if he got the attitude sorted though - like it or not most people in the stands would jump at the chance to do what he's getting paid for!! :ninja:

Clum's frustrating. He's a young lad who's come up through the ranks, had to play the loan striker role when he might have benefitted from an older head along side him - Jimmy Bone alongside Robbo anyone?

Of course we don't go with two up front now and he's played in some horrendous sides under some managers with some strange ideas for developing him. Shaggy played him when as a young confidence player he needed to be taken out of the front line. I'd actually liked to have seen whether JJ could have turned him round. Great start last season then the goals dried up, then out injured. But he's shown something and I want him to do well for us - maybe CAM is it.

There is something about our misfiring strikers - even 2006 most of our goals came from Rudi and hat trick so it's a tough one. Velicka was the nearest to a breakthrough but at what age - 27? Age and continuing to learning the craft are the only things which keeps me a bit optimistic we'll eventually get a regular return from Clum and to an extent Glen as well.

It would be easier if he got the attitude sorted though - like it or not most people in the stands would jump at the chance to do what he's getting paid for!! :ninja:

tbh mate i think we should direct our attension to Gordon Smith first and foremost

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

:cornette:

tbh mate i think we should direct our attension to Gordon Smith first and foremost

Looked the part at WHL.

Correct :thumbsup:

KK and Sutton entered the discussion when Calum's virtues as a striker were called into question, at which point it seemed reasonable to ask which strikers of the past 5 years is Calum being compared unfavourably to? Every striker we've played has flopped. Spot a pattern anyone?

As usual your bang on. Calum was hung out to dry by being played up front on his own with little to no service. He should have been pulled out of the team when his confidence went due to the garbage he was getting from our support. If he ever regains proper fitness I'd like to see him get a run in the hole with the wide players we now have at the club.

It's harsh judging him on the couple of seasons where he was given the thankless task of chasing lost causes. Also, Stevie Frail has a lot to answer for after subbing him after 20 mins or so. Fud.

A complete waste of obvious talent.

weak, diving, moaning,talentless, shite footballer

like Naismith without the goals

Am I reading this post badly or are you saying Naismiths a weak, talentless shite footballer?

Although some fans use him as a scape goat when things don't go our way I still think he is better than 2t's.

Id go as far to say the 2 Ts is the worst player ever well on par with Andy Watson to wear the jersey. :whistling:

Funny, I only noticed it after 2008. Funnily enough when the clowns started their crusade against The One They Call Clum.

Would you like it if you made a mistake at work and thousands of brain donors came in and started shouting "C'moan ya yoosleesss *****" "yurr a ******* waste aeeee a jerzie".

Would it wind you up?

Yes it would....

....if I was playing 5's at World of Football by complete strangers watching me for free. But if it was by people who pay my very generous wages, of what I assume to be at least ?2-3k a week then I would get on with being a footballer.

I really do hate this line of argument. The whole thing about booing our players. I don't necessarily agree with it, but in Elliot's case it was self inflicted. He went from being an excellent player, playing a key role up front in 05-06, to being one of the worst players on our books (not discussing potential, but his actual performances). I remember being at a game, think it was against Inverness, was in on goal and managed to trip up over his own feet when attempting the shot. Now 2 years previous he'd have despatched that into the top corner, but his ability dropped away. His confidence collapsed for some reason after we won the cup. Be it that he never actually played in the final when he probably deserved to, or be it that for some unbeknown reason he was deemed surplus to demands by somebody in the club's hierarchy and punted to Motherwell on loan, or when he came back amidst the absolute shambles in that December/January period. Something happened in that time which sapped his confidence. He seemed to have regained it at the start of last year, think it was 3 in 4 games or something, but he done well and then got injured. He certainly has it in him, but for what he's on money wise he should be able to pick himself up and play on, and not let the boo boys get him down. If he can fit in with Paulo then good, and lets see some performances out of him. If he is once again doing nothing then he can leave, and restart his career. Sometimes some players who are good somewhere else are never good for you, he was, but his time is slowly coming up and a new club and scene will help him.

fabienleclerq

As usual your bang on. Calum was hung out to dry by being played up front on his own with little to no service. He should have been pulled out of the team when his confidence went due to the garbage he was getting from our support. If he ever regains proper fitness I'd like to see him get a run in the hole with the wide players we now have at the club.

It's harsh judging him on the couple of seasons where he was given the thankless task of chasing lost causes. Also, Stevie Frail has a lot to answer for after subbing him after 20 mins or so. Fud.

A complete waste of obvious talent.

Wasted just as much by himself as anyone else, getting smashed up town then playing shite on a saturday <_<

Wasted just as much by himself as anyone else, getting smashed up town then playing shite on a saturday <_<

Is this fact or guessing though?

fabienleclerq

Is this fact or guessing though?

Well playing shite on a saturday is opinion and seeing him smashed up town is something ive seen so fact!

Are you guessing or stating fact when complaining of him being mismanaged by coaches?

25 games against the two best clubs in our league (12 starts and 13 subs) - never scored against either team. In the games I've seen he never looked like scoring - sorry but his time is up. :down:

PS Never scored in seven against arguably the third best team, Dundee Utd either !

People still battling this failures corner.

:vrface:

Whatever talent he had won't be seen here. He's had countless chances and would have been launched ages ago if he hadn't got that ridiculous contract.

The sooner he leaves the club the better. Had an unbelievable amount of chances. As bad as mole, Nade, Witteveeen!!

He's a second division player who has been at Tynecasle for a ridiculous amount of time earning good money. :angry:

Archived