Craig Thompson back in Scotland

jambogjh

portobellojambo1

Nope, never read that shite.

It does prove how predictable those rags are when a thick bawsack like me can call it, sadly :down:

I just came across this story when reading a link on another thread about Dixie Deans and Bob Marley, as I too have no time for The Sun either. Wouldn't use it to wipe my erse with, never mind purchase it and read it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgusting story as per from The Sun, with the usual quote from a 'source close to the victims family' and a claims of a new victim coming forward who is now 15, but was 12 when allegedly abused, what age would that make CT at the time 15/16?

He did wrong, he's been punished in more ways than one. The overblown nature of the coverage in the Scottish media has almost got me to the stage of hoping Hearts give him another chance.

What a disgraceful article that encourages vigilantism and from a paper that happily publishes topless photos of 16 year olds for men probably twice Thomson's age and more to ogle over. Ok it is not illegal but is it better than a immature teenager having inapprorpiate talk with someone a few years younger than him?

Stewart MacD

Disgusting story as per from The Sun, with the usual quote from a 'source close to the victims family' and a claims of a new victim coming forward who is now 15, but was 12 when allegedly abused, what age would that make CT at the time 15/16?

He did wrong, he's been punished in more ways than one. The overblown nature of the coverage in the Scottish media has almost got me to the stage of hoping Hearts give him another chance.

Yes, total filth from the Murdoch rag.

I also linked to that article from the Deans nonsense. I just hope that someone is investigating the Sun closely on a daily basis for illegality.

I'm disgusted that he 'fumbled for his key's' wtf is that about.

Maybe he saw a ten year old girl and was fumbling something else. Well, I am surprise that was not the claim.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I'm guessing you maybe posted this having seen the Sun on-line this morning, which indicates he is to be subject to a further investigation.

CT and the Sun

sent this morning:

Dear Myra,

I would just like to make you aware that the above article was possibly, nay definitely, the worst i have ever had the displeasure to read.

Yes, the general public are very aware of the heinous crimes for which Thomson has been punished however the scaremongering tone weaved throughout was childish at best, and it is prose such as this which whips the readership into an unnecesarry frenzy. If you feel it necessary to sharpen your pitchfork feel free to do this privately, but spouting this nonsense in public only leads to aggression and petty attempts at vigilante justice.

Are you honestly criticizing a human being for the brand of car he drives, his scruffy hair, choice of attire and his "fumbling" keys? I hope for your credibility you never leave the house with unkept hair, or God-forbid...trainers. Arguing he "sneaked back into Scotland" is frankly fallacious when you consider the fact he attended an Alan Carr gig at the SECC (a large PUBLIC venue) with fellow footballer David Templeton. Further, are incorporating phrases such as 'whining player' the journalistic standards to which you and your paper aspire? Really?!?

I am fully aware you and your newsroom will see this as a pointless rant to disregard or have a sly giggle over but I felt it necessary to make you aware of the above.

Thanks for your time, if not your article.

Mikethejambo

Arguing he "sneaked back into Scotland" is frankly fallacious when you consider the fact he attended an Alan Carr gig at the SECC (a large PUBLIC venue) with fellow footballer David Templeton.

Well there's tomorrow's new headline written and new hate-figure identified.

He came back into the country to visit his parents,outrageous behaviour!

I mustve missed the court order which banned him from britain never to see his parents again.

Well there's tomorrow's new headline written and new hate-figure identified.

well if they can make a headline out of that tidbit, it tells you all you need to know about the paper imo. Is there anything wrong with that,on either players side?

The Sun article reads like a parody of a Chris Morris parody.

And proves the exact point that the Brass Eye programme was making as has the whole saga.

jamboinglasgow

There will be something in the Sunday Mail tomorrow, mark my words, the Daily Record and the Sun seem to have a war over who can be more outraged over the Craig Thomson story.

Cardiac Rucksack

Its on the front of the sun that he is in the country. must be a slow news week.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

I'm guessing you maybe posted this having seen the Sun on-line this morning, which indicates he is to be subject to a further investigation.

CT and the Sun

:rofl: :rofl:

I was in my chippy last night and guess who was two in front of me in the queue?

Yes, none other than Adolph Hitler!!!

Pity NotW is out of business! Might have got a few bob for the photos!!!

PS He hasn't changed a bit, but the chippy have already moved the huge stone swastika and the 100,000 storm troopers in the photo, but it's real, honest!!!

Patrick Bateman

I don't see what the fuss is about; Craig Thomson has paid his debt to society.

Thunderstruck

Phew! That's a relief - for a moment I thought Temps had been seen in public with a (whisper it) referee.

ToadKiller Dog

To Be fair to the Scum Newspaper can you spot the difference between the scruffy CT picture and this one ? .

post-894-0-69538400-1318066308_thumb.jpg

Seriously that Sun piece is the worst kind of rabble rousing pish .

Ever get the impression that certain sections of the press are trying to provoke the guy into taking his own life? Pretty horrible thought. I'm glad that he doesn't play for us any more but I wish they'd just leave the guy to try and rebuild his life without this sort of intrusion.

portobellojambo1

Ever get the impression that certain sections of the press are trying to provoke the guy into taking his own life? Pretty horrible thought. I'm glad that he doesn't play for us any more but I wish they'd just leave the guy to try and rebuild his life without this sort of intrusion.

He's still officially on our books Cosanostra, and I think the Lithuanian season finishes at the end of this month. So it seems logical that unless another club has seen enough of him playing for Kaunas to make a bid then in around 3 weeks he will return to HMFC (Sure his loan is up then, I know when it was announced it said he was on loan to Kaunas to the end of the season, I'm guessing that meant their season rather than ours).

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't see what the fuss is about; Craig Thomson has paid his debt to society.

I wouldn't go that far. But Scottish bloke comes home to Scotland is not really a story.

He's still officially on our books Cosanostra, and I think the Lithuanian season finishes at the end of this month. So it seems logical that unless another club has seen enough of him playing for Kaunas to make a bid then in around 3 weeks he will return to HMFC (Sure his loan is up then, I know when it was announced it said he was on loan to Kaunas to the end of the season, I'm guessing that meant their season rather than ours).

I saw an interview with Vlad and Sergejus on the BBC website where they said that he wouldn't play for Hearts again.

I'm hoping they keep to their word.

Then no doubt another paedo-geddon will ensue.

As I said at the time, he probably should have been sacked by Hearts for gross mis-conduct, but the ludicrous hysteria since had now got me to the stage where I think he almost deserves a 2nd chance.

I have no doubt that's the reason that the sun is keeping this story rumbling on. :sad:

sent this morning:

Dear Myra,

I would just like to make you aware that the above article was possibly, nay definitely, the worst i have ever had the displeasure to read.

Yes, the general public are very aware of the heinous crimes for which Thomson has been punished however the scaremongering tone weaved throughout was childish at best, and it is prose such as this which whips the readership into an unnecesarry frenzy. If you feel it necessary to sharpen your pitchfork feel free to do this privately, but spouting this nonsense in public only leads to aggression and petty attempts at vigilante justice.

Are you honestly criticizing a human being for the brand of car he drives, his scruffy hair, choice of attire and his "fumbling" keys? I hope for your credibility you never leave the house with unkept hair, or God-forbid...trainers. Arguing he "sneaked back into Scotland" is frankly fallacious when you consider the fact he attended an Alan Carr gig at the SECC (a large PUBLIC venue) with fellow footballer David Templeton. Further, are incorporating phrases such as 'whining player' the journalistic standards to which you and your paper aspire? Really?!?

I am fully aware you and your newsroom will see this as a pointless rant to disregard or have a sly giggle over but I felt it necessary to make you aware of the above.

Mikethejambo

What's that old slags email add?

Disgrace of a story hes came back in the country to see his family for nothing else The Sun should be ashamed

sent this morning:

Dear Myra,

Mikethejambo

:bravo:

So you take it upon yourself (based on no more than a single disputed report on a football forum) to inform the sun, where he alegedly was yesterday evening, and to name who he was suposedly with...? :blink:

Way to go Mike...! :verymad:

Bert Le Clos

Has anyone organised a protest yet??

I took part in a spontaneous dirty protest. I now have a shite covered kitchen. More fool me for giving a shit I suppose.

I took part in a spontaneous dirty protest. I now have a shite covered kitchen. More fool me for giving a shit I suppose.

You should have said, my pitchfork is sharpened and my burning torch is ready too. Now where did I put my hood.......

Francis Albert

I was in my chippy last night and guess who was two in front of me in the queue?

Yes, none other than Adolph Hitler!!!

Pity NotW is out of business! Might have got a few bob for the photos!!!

PS He hasn't changed a bit, but the chippy have already moved the huge stone swastika and the 100,000 storm troopers in the photo, but it's real, honest!!!

I wonder, if a 122 year old Adolf were to emerge from the Brazilian jungle, whether he'd get a worse Scottish tabloid press than Craig Thompson?

What's that old slags email add?

Its at the bottom of the article mate

I quite like Alan Carr.

The abuse of him on this thread is blatant homophobia by posters who usually greet at the first sign of non PC comments.

:interesting:

His hair looked curly and unkempt, and he clutched a plastic carrier bag as he arrived alone at the property earlier this week.

Dressed in a black Nike tracksuit and white trainers, Thomson fumbled to find his door keys.

Classic peedo behaviour to be fair.

But did he sneak back into the country? Was unaware that being banned from entering the UK was part of his punishment. Can see Hearts fans siding with the guy on his inevitable return if this kind of journalism continues.

Mike you said 2 seats away earlier

:interesting:

I was there too. I saw it all, guv. Obviously i wont give away my exact location, but it is between rows 35-40.

I was there too. I saw it all, guv. Obviously i wont give away my exact location, but it is between rows 35-40.

Rows 35-40 of the Wheatfield??? :whistling:

Coburg Hearts

That article is disgusting.

And so is the name of the reporter...Myra. I wonder if she is named after Hindley? The more that utter filth like this is written the more I seem to warm to Craig Thomson.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Seriously though... As others have suggested, what are they hoping to achieve from this do you all think? :ermm:

As far as I am aware the punishment for this is not a death sentence... I may have missed the new law however, that's what happens when you cannot hack the right people's phones to make sure though, eh?

It is abundantly clear to me that they are trying to either provoke vigilante action or to make him harm himself. :ninja:

I feel a wee bit sick at the sinister nature of that article... Similar to how I felt felt when I read about what Craig did in the first place. :yucky:

This is getting ridiculous. CT has been to court and they've given him the punishment they felt was appropriate. What's he meant to do now? Never leave his house again/live permanently in another country? If the papers have a problem with CT being able to be in Scotland then they should be attacking the justice system, not him.

Showaddywaddy

That's exactly what they want people to think. They would have months and months of scathing "reports" against him, the club and, eventually, the fans.

Archived