'Temps Snr - Henry Templeton

mayfield

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Templeton

Before my time unfortunately, but looking at his games/goals record, Temps Snr looks to have been a very handy player in his day. Very impressive goal ratio in his time at Ayr.

For the older lads, what was this bloke like? How similar is David to his dad? By the sounds of things, certainly caught the right genes in terms of skill and ability, and certainly the slight physique.

An interesting little read.

Great player but mad as a brush seemingly.Know a few folk that know him and everyone agreed that he should have done a lot better for the skill he had.Liked a bottle or three of tonic wine.

Charlie-Brown

As mentioned above a player typical of his era, a small tricky winger & tanner-ba' player also liked a bevvy ... see Bobby Prentice and Malky Robertson as 2 Hearts examples but Scottish fitba was littered with these kind of players who could have done better with their talents if only they'd applied themselves but then that was part of their wayward personality and skills.

From what I remember, he was flavour of the month for a while around the time he destroyed Dunfermline in a cup tie (footage is on youtube if you search for it). Great wee player. Took me a long time to realise David was his son.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Henry? That explains it.

Always wondered why Temps middle name was Cooper.

His old man liked Tommy Cooper the comedian , " Just like that "

post-15232-0-68319700-1317973541_thumb.jpg

Cut The Crap

Sure I read he was named after this guy:

Coop%20Shoot%20Poster.JPG

I watched that footage of the cup-tie against the Pars and it's striking how similar they are in style: head down, legs going nineteen to the dozen, ball just tantalisingly never quite fully under control...

Bert Le Clos

Sure I read he was named after this guy:

Coop%20Shoot%20Poster.JPG

I watched that footage of the cup-tie against the Pars and it's striking how similar they are in style: head down, legs going nineteen to the dozen, ball just tantalisingly never quite fully under control...

:vrface:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu91oZ2_Vag&feature=related

Auld Reekin'

http://en.wikipedia....Henry_Templeton

Before my time unfortunately, but looking at his games/goals record, Temps Snr looks to have been a very handy player in his day. Very impressive goal ratio in his time at Ayr.

For the older lads, what was this bloke like? How similar is David to his dad? By the sounds of things, certainly caught the right genes in terms of skill and ability, and certainly the slight physique.

An interesting little read.

There was another thread on exactly the same subject, with the YouTube footage mentioned, a year or two ago. Might be worth having a dig around for if you can be bothered.

Archived