What is the Federaton/Trust view?

Dougie Vipond

I wasn't talking in relation to this particular thread only Le Chat (where I agree with you, only one person is speaking out), it was more in relation to many historical threads on JKB, where a multitude of JKB members have made their feelings known about both organisations over a course of time.

I have been one of them.

I find them divisive. If there were one, true, Hearts supporters club, that it was the "done thing" to join, I would do it. For what it is worth, I think that they (not just yours, all of them) spend far too much time trying to prove they are a better supporters club than the other ones and not enough time doing things to benefit their members and the club. A bit of an uncharacteristic reactionary post to what was a provactive at best OP, I did not expect that from you man.

Isn't it a little odd that someone that shares a username with a sports "journalist" comes on to suggest some sort of group movement? If you are "Dougie", it was me that had a shout at you at Murrayfield that time, I'm not sorry either! :) If you are not "Dougie", then IMO you are at the wind up.

Nookie Bear
And who is Dougie Vipond ? A sports journalist?a member of the Merchants of Edinburgh Golf Club or what?

You cannot use a user name like that without validation or admission.

Do you represent Tolcross? No.

I know 'Dougie Vipond' and he is simply a long-standing season-ticket holder who attends every game, home and away.

Does not mean he is a better fan than anyone else but he has paid his dues and is entitled to start an intelligent debate.

Do you represent Tolcross? No.

I know 'Dougie Vipond' and he is simply a long-standing season-ticket holder who attends every game, home and away.

Does not mean he is a better fan than anyone else but he has paid his dues and is entitled to start an intelligent debate.

Now that would be novel just now on this board. No matter how hard someone tries to promote intelligent debate it always comes down to the same low level and intelligent debate descends into bickering and name calling.

Personally i can't wait until the managerial situation is sorted out one way or the other and the season ends - maybe we'll get a little more optimism and possibly even some intelligent debate here - until then I'll not hold my breath.

Buffalo Bill
Sellik fhans are certainly not spoiled rotten in the looks, intelligence, clothing, money or housing departments. :)

Yup.

CelticFansR_468x375.jpg

Buffalo Bill

$

Colonel Kurtz

I used to see them freeloading in The Exec Suite,what struck me was that very few of them came from Edinburgh.

Perhaps they should start their own forum......Hickback

Question to you both: How many Hearts supporters do the Federation represent?

Nothing?

Can anyone else answer this?

Either the actual figure or the precentage of say our average attendance this season?

Nothing?

Can anyone else answer this?

Either the actual figure or the precentage of say our average attendance this season?

They don't represent you anyway, they only represent their mates.

portobellojambo1

I honestly do not know what the actual figure is either as a percentage or as a fixed figure Legend, because I do not know how many members each individual club has. As a percentage of the actual support going to games the figure is obviously much higher at away games than home games. The numbers that do travel fluctuates often in accordance with how the team is performing, which is reflective of the Hearts support in general, and understandable to an extent, the usual faces stay the same, but when the team is performing well people will make more of an effort to get along, and you tend to find more non members also travel with the buses, again all reasonably logical and understandable.

The only supporters the federation represents are those who are members of clubs affiliated to the federation, the committee have a mandate to speak on our behalf, they know that, we (the members) know that and the only people who get upset when they do speak are non members of SC's, who they are not speaking on behalf of anyway.

Dougie Vipond

The Federation do not represent the majority of Hearts fans - I should imagine - however, they are probably the biggesr body of fans out there.

Surely there is a need for constructive debate of the future of Hearts? And the Fed has to lead this?

If not them then another of the many groups out there.

Otherwise I fear the future of the club will only be debated amongst individuals on forums like this.

The Federation do not represent the majority of Hearts fans - I should imagine - however, they are probably the biggesr body of fans out there.

Surely there is a need for constructive debate of the future of Hearts? And the Fed has to lead this?

If not them then another of the many groups out there.

Otherwise I fear the future of the club will only be debated amongst individuals on forums like this.

Okay then, I will bite.

Federations, SOH any group was formed from nothing. If you feel so strongly about it, I suggest two things.

1) Join the federation, press them to act as a member

2) Start SOH2, I am sure you will have people interested

This reeks a little of the threads we had some time ago where certain posters wanted others to protest for them. If you feel that it has reached that stage, do something about it.

Dougie Vipond

I don't know if has reached the time for protesting or not!

So, no I am not asking others to go first and protest for me.

All I am saying is that, as the largest supporters group, the Fed should be adopting a far more high profile than they have.

Then we can extend the debate beyond Kickback.

To compare, even the best Governments need a strong opposition.

22 supporters clubs, membership four figures, so in comparison to other Hearts fans organisation the biggest and the best ,but i have no intention of justifying the federations business to anyone on here

22 supporters clubs, membership four figures, so in comparison to other Hearts fans organisation the biggest and the best ,but i have no intention of justifying the federations business to anyone on here

tynie tigers have more;)

Why are federation types so touchy?

It was a simple question, it should be a fairly simple answer.

22 clubs say running 52 seaters = 1144 members approx. Or is this wrong?

Why are federation types so touchy?

It was a simple question, it should be a fairly simple answer.

22 clubs say running 52 seaters = 1144 members approx. Or is this wrong?

It's the way they are, they sit in their private rooms and talk about how THEY are the club's supporters and THEY deserve to know.

All Hearts fans should be on the same standing, irrespective of how we get to the games.

It's the way they are, they sit in their private rooms and talk about how THEY are the club's supporters and THEY deserve to know.

All Hearts fans should be on the same standing, irrespective of how we get to the games.

thats a shocking post bigman shocking

Nookie Bear
I don't know if has reached the time for protesting or not!

So, no I am not asking others to go first and protest for me.

All I am saying is that, as the largest supporters group, the Fed should be adopting a far more high profile than they have.

Then we can extend the debate beyond Kickback.

To compare, even the best Governments need a strong opposition.

That is the key for me.

At times like this, I am surprised the Fed is not actively seeking new members. Maybe they should be a little more pro-active on match days?

And (correct me if i am wrong but I can't see it) surely the Fed should have its own sticky on KB to put forward it's 'manifesto' and to basically 'introduce' itself to guys like me who want to get involved in changing things.

Am I also misreading the fact you NEED to be a member of a supporters club (eg orwell) to be a member? Can you not just join as a supporter?

Excuse my ignorance but I am trying to get my head round this but I am not happy just to sit around and accept this anymore. I would expect the bulk of Fed members to be similarly unhappy.....has the Fed canvassed their members?

Archived