What is the Federaton/Trust view?

Dougie Vipond

Dougie Vipond

Hi,

As is pointed out there are many clubs' fans who wouldn't accept this situation.

Hearts supporters seem different....is it an Edinburgh thing/ Yesterday most seemed to walk away whilst a few were applauding the team!:confused:

Having a read a lot of Kickback it seems to be individual versus individual in terms renew or don't renew. There is no united opinion on how best to move forward even if that is just "fingers crossed". Nor, do I feel, there will e a mass withdrawal of season ticket holders.

So what is the Federation and or Trust viewpoint on all this? They seem VERY quiet.

Surely they are in the best position to lead a protest - if that is the best way foward - and apply pressure on Romanov?

Anybody else got an opinion?

Dougie

Dirk Diggler

Ok, Here we go again...

A protest over what?

I know that's not what you are suggesting by the way.

Dougie Vipond

Like you say mate, not sure either way.

Just don't think there is any form of unification amongst the support...so we look to what s effectively our 'trade union' - the Fed, etc. - for guidance.

Everybody out!!;)

To be honest a protest at this point in time has absolutely no benefit.

The vast majority of fans want to see what management team is in place for next season first.

If it is not satisfactory then I reckon the "apathy" on here will dry up fairly quickly and we really will see a unified Hearts support.

Hi,

So what is the Federation and or Trust viewpoint on all this? They seem VERY quiet.

Surely they are in the best position to lead a protest - if that is the best way foward - and apply pressure on Romanov?

Forget about the Trust - they represent about 200 members at best, and their previous schoolboy letter to vlad rant was an embarrassment.

The Federation are the biggest representative grouping of supporters, yet it strikes me that since they got their free trip to Lithuania from Vlad they aren't interested in speaking out.

Vlad has broken communication will all groups other than the Federation so I think they are afraid that if they speak out against him he will stop talking to them as well.

The Federation were vocal enough in helping organise protest marches against Chris Robinson but right now they feel that they are important and are happy to keep all the other fans in the dark.

Our local rag - The Evening News (Hibs Gazzette) is run by Hibs fans and only wants to print negative stories about Hearts. They have no interest in investigating issues or raising them with Romanov on behalf of the supporters and use the Trust for any "fan" quotes.

Dougie Vipond

"The vast majority of fans want to see what management team is in place for next season first"

I'm working on the feeling we wont have one:sad:

I do believe we might well approach Levein or McGhee but them coming is a different matter!

I would just like to see the Fed come out and say something. If nothing else everyone else is laughing at us for putting up with this.

Don't see the point tbh, some fans still idolise Vlad and think all that's happened is good news leading to better times, essentially a shiny new stand....and 3rd place. Most would think that giving Vlad a good 6mths for him to read over a few CVs is an option worth sticking too. A few feel he's a complete nobber and should ferk off now and save hassle later.

Most is the option with any merit, nobody gives a crap about protests, Vlad is our hero afterall, he saved us. Unfortunately not from himself.

All I can say is roll on the summer, at least there will be some quality football worth watching in Switzerland as I'm fed up being bored for 90mins while the Keystone Kocks run about the pitch like slavering retards.

portobellojambo1

My goodness, Heart fans, who for years have told the Federation and Trust to shut the feck up because they do not speak for Hearts fans, want to know what these groups think at this time and get them to offer some sort of leadership.

The word hypocrisy is going through my head at this point, surely Hearts fans, who hate these two groups, if you go by much of what is said on JKB, do not really want them to offer leadership now.

My goodness, Heart fans, who for years have told the Federation and Trust to shut the feck up because they do not speak for Hearts fans, want to know what these groups think at this time and get them to offer some sort of leadership.

The word hypocrisy is going through my head at this point, surely Hearts fans, who hate these two groups, if you go by much of what is said on JKB, do not really want them to offer leadership now.

Hearts fan if I'm not mistaken.

There's only one going on about it that I can see.

portobellojambo1
Hearts fan if I'm not mistaken.

There's only one going on about it that I can see.

I wasn't talking in relation to this particular thread only Le Chat (where I agree with you, only one person is speaking out), it was more in relation to many historical threads on JKB, where a multitude of JKB members have made their feelings known about both organisations over a course of time.

Any organisation that goes by the name "Federation" and doesn't wear figure hugging lycra uniforms or have at least one member with pointy ears doesn't deserve the name imo :D

Dougie Vipond

I don't have a truck with the fed or anyone else....

My main point is that the Hearts support seems lethargic (exhausted) and e need some form of leadership.

Which isn't forthcoming at present.

cleriejungle

as long as they get their 2 or 3 jaunts to Mad HQ every season then why would they care, they have no interest in anyone apart from themselves.

If they were a true representation of the supporters then why havs the silence been deafening from them this season?

The only time they are heard is ,after one of the jollies they will appear on some kack radio station telling everyone that the future is bright, yet they refuse to go into any real detail as to whats been said at these meetings.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of them are local councillors(freeloaders) because they only seem to be in the Federation for bragging rights/freebies

Nelly Terraces

Genuine questions:

1. Who were these 2 people that went over to see the Lithumaniac?

2. What organisations do they represent?

3. What positions do they fill within these organisations?

4. What did/didn't they say subsequent to that meeting, regading what they were told or points they made to VR etc?

5. Who would I be able to contact them regarding this meeting, and other matters?

Answers gratefully received.

Thanks.

davemclaren
Genuine questions:

1. Who were these 2 people that went over to see the Lithumaniac?

2. What organisations do they represent?

3. What positions do they fill within these organisations?

4. What did/didn't they say subsequent to that meeting, regading what they were told or points they made to VR etc?

5. Who would I be able to contact them regarding this meeting, and other matters?

Answers gratefully received.

Thanks.

I'm sure that there was some sort of statement published on the Hearts website after the meeting.

Nelly Terraces
I'm sure that there was some sort of statement published on the Hearts website after the meeting.

Cheers mate. I thought these 2 guys were over there in a capacity that would be more autonomous from the actual club itself, unless they used the official site to disseminate any information to the Hearts support who I presume they were purporting to represent (I'd also be interested in finding out the contents of this statement)?

As far as I'm aware though, I've heard absolutely nothing from any fans groups (how many of those do we actually have now, about 15 isn't it?) regarding events at this meeting. I'm wondering what their raison d'?tre was for actually attending, what their brief was, or was it down to the individuals themselves to raise issues?

cleriejungle

for 'statement' read propaganda

Jeremy Paxman must be having sleepless nights. Surprised they didn't ask him what his favourite colour is.

In short -pathetic and lame.

Doesn't really say much does it? Even Moira Gordon would extract more info.....and she's not much of a journo to start with.

Kinda reminds me of Li'l Ant & Dec when they're out interviewing folk, a wee pat on the head at the end and a lolly pop for a job well done.

Makes me wonder if paying that fiver so I can have a proper chat with CM is worth it :P Hope this time round he's pinned down and made to spill a proper amount of information, not just the usual pish spouted in the HW magazine.

portobellojambo1
In short -pathetic and lame.

Not sure if you mean the questions or the answers NT.

They asked the questions that they were asked to ask. Strangely enough these questions form the basis of many of the questions which those who are intending going to the meeting with Charlie Mann are being asked to ask again, only rolled forward a few months, and with little tag ons to cover the interim period. Additional questions have come to light only as a result of fixtures played since, lack of activity on the management front and the release of details to the shareholders in relation to the AGM.

They were also questions that reflected the feelings of many Hearts fans who were posting on this site, and others, at the time of the meeting, as the actual questions also formed the basis of many threads running on many of those message boards, which would suggest they were things which interested HMFC fans in general.

Nelly Terraces
Doesn't really say much does it? Even Moira Gordon would extract more info.....and she's not much of a journo to start with.

Kinda reminds me of Li'l Ant & Dec when they're out interviewing folk, a wee pat on the head at the end and a lolly pop for a job well done.

Makes me wonder if paying that fiver so I can have a proper chat with CM is worth it :P Hope this time round he's pinned down and made to spill a proper amount of information, not just the usual pish spouted in the HW magazine.

You know what, a few months back I'd be angry at this sort of glib questioning and the scarcely disguised obsequeous nature of the (arf!) 'grilling' they gave him.

Now, though, I don't actually give a toss.

Mate, keep that fiver in yer pocket, talking to Charlie Mange would be akin to being in conversation to Sadam Hussians old mouthpiece to the world, Comical Ali, all wild eyed maniacal ramblings of how well everything is and how stupid you are to question the vailidity of the great ones strategy.

Think you can still get 2 pints in Diggers with a fiver as well. :P

Nelly Terraces
1. Not sure if you mean the questions or the answers NT.

They asked the questions that they were asked to ask. Strangely enough these questions form the basis of many of the questions which those who are intending going to the 2. meeting with Charlie Mann are being asked to ask again, only rolled forward a few months, and with little tag ons to cover the interim period. Additional questions have come to light only as a result of fixtures played since, lack of activity on the management front and the release of details to the shareholders in relation to the 3. AGM.

They were also questions that reflected the feelings of many Hearts fans who were posting on this site, and others, at the time of the meeting, as the actual questions also formed the basis of many threads running on many of those message boards, which would suggest they were things which interested HMFC fans in general.

1. Both. Are you telling me they just asked these questions, received an answer and went 'OK, thanks, next question' without subsequent pressing on that matter? Who are these people? Seem totally out their depth here I'm afraid.

2. What meeting and when, and who is attending?

3. I'll be at that. See you there.

Hi,

As is pointed out there are many clubs' fans who wouldn't accept this situation.

Hearts supporters seem different....is it an Edinburgh thing/ Yesterday most seemed to walk away whilst a few were applauding the team!:confused:

Having a read a lot of Kickback it seems to be individual versus individual in terms renew or don't renew. There is no united opinion on how best to move forward even if that is just "fingers crossed". Nor, do I feel, there will e a mass withdrawal of season ticket holders.

Dougie

The trust won't say very much,if they do it'll be a first.

The people in the TRUST(great so it is trust ,ha) are there mostly to schmooze up to the board or people of any kind off infuence at HMFC or Hearts FC,what ever way you look at it,these people won't rock the boat incase they miss a free lunch or a wee titbit thrown at them by some exec.As for the FHSC,haven't heard from them for a whilst,don't think they have as much influence anymore,you see supporters clubs are not as proactive as they used to be ,probably less memebers now than in years gone by.Dont even think the SC I'm in still attend any meeting the still have.

To be honest a protest at this point in time has absolutely no benefit.

The vast majority of fans want to see what management team is in place for next season first.

If it is not satisfactory then I reckon the "apathy" on here will dry up fairly quickly and we really will see a unified Hearts support.

good to see the Jan 1st statement did the trick then

good to see the Jan 1st statement did the trick then

It's still a dangerous game for Hearts to be playing. The Jan 1st statement was the first admission of fault from Romanov during his tenure. If it is not honoured I cannot see any restraint in protests. The majority of fans picked up since he has come will clear off back to whatever they were doing before and the long term supporters will be forced to take action again.

It's still a dangerous game for Hearts to be playing. The Jan 1st statement was the first admission of fault from Romanov during his tenure. If it is not honoured I cannot see any restraint in protests. The majority of fans picked up since he has come will clear off back to whatever they were doing before and the long term supporters will be forced to take action again.

Hmm,the long term fans are taking action,by not renewing STs,that is the fact some fans will have to face up to,IT'S THE LONG TERM FANS WHO ARE LEAVING.

ColtbridgeJambo
Forget about the Trust - they represent about 200 members at best, and their previous schoolboy letter to vlad rant was an embarrassment.

The Federation are the biggest representative grouping of supporters, yet it strikes me that since they got their free trip to Lithuania from Vlad they aren't interested in speaking out.

Vlad has broken communication will all groups other than the Federation so I think they are afraid that if they speak out against him he will stop talking to them as well.

The Federation were vocal enough in helping organise protest marches against Chris Robinson but right now they feel that they are important and are happy to keep all the other fans in the dark.

Our local rag - The Evening News (Hibs Gazzette) is run by Hibs fans and only wants to print negative stories about Hearts. They have no interest in investigating issues or raising them with Romanov on behalf of the supporters and use the Trust for any "fan" quotes.

You may be wrong there as I am sure that when it was made public knowledge on here that John and Steven were going over to meet Vlad, Vlad was raging that this was made known and he wants nothing to do with them either now.

So Vlad does not trust The Federation now, The Shareholders or The Trust was off his xmas list due to both of them running to the press. I think the only group he has not had a run in with is the Fan's Forum.

Hmm,the long term fans are taking action,by not renewing STs,that is the fact some fans will have to face up to,IT'S THE LONG TERM FANS WHO ARE LEAVING.

I would say it is a mix of long term fans and newer fans.

It's fairly irrelevant.

Refusing to renew will not be the sum of action if the 01/01 statement is not honoured.

You may be wrong there as I am sure that when it was made public knowledge on here that John and Steven were going over to meet Vlad, Vlad was raging that this was made known and he wants nothing to do with them either now.

So Vlad does not trust The Federation now, The Shareholders or The Trust was off his xmas list due to both of them running to the press. I think the only group he has not had a run in with is the Fan's Forum.

Can anyone shed any light on this? PJ1?

Buffalo Bill
Hi,

Hearts supporters seem different....is it an Edinburgh thing!:confused:

Dougie

Dougie, with respect: what do you base the above on?

Who pointed that out, and what research was done to come to such a conclusion?

As a Hearts fan from Edinburgh (born and bred), I'd like to learn how to become a better supporter of my club. :)

Buffalo Bill

Boaby Ewing
1. Both. Are you telling me they just asked these questions, received an answer and went 'OK, thanks, next question' without subsequent pressing on that matter? Who are these people? Seem totally out their depth here I'm afraid.

2. What meeting and when, and who is attending?

3. I'll be at that. See you there.

Pay yer fiver ya tight erse ;) - there's a thread in the member's section, and subscribed members are getting nominated/picked to go and chat to the only PR girl without a vagina, monsieur Mann.

Pay your fiver, and I'll nominate happily nominate upstanding citizen Mr. N. Terraces Esq. Could make for a more interesting meeting...

Pay yer fiver ya tight erse ;) - there's a thread in the member's section, and subscribed members are getting nominated/picked to go and chat to the only PR girl without a vagina, monsieur Mann.

Pay your fiver, and I'll nominate happily nominate upstanding citizen Mr. N. Terraces Esq. Could make for a more interesting meeting...

I think NT is already subscribed Dave.

But i'll second your request that he throws his flat cap into the ring.

portobellojambo1
Can anyone shed any light on this? PJ1?

Cannot shed any light on it redm, mainly because it comes as news to me, i.e. that it is being alleged that Mr Romanov has cut any links with the Federation based on someone making it known who was attending the meeting in Lithuania.

If I remember correctly the person who leaked the information was possibly Charlie Mann, on Talk107, although no names of actual attendees were mentioned, and as far as I am aware Charlie Mann is not a member of a Federation affiliated SC. It appeared on here after one of his own employees had stated it was indeed the case, but again I cannot remember if names were mentioned on here prior to the event (cannot really be bothered searching the archive for historical threads).

Zali Cinnamon
Dougie, with respect: what do you base the above on?

Who pointed that out, and what research was done to come to such a conclusion?

As a Hearts fan from Edinburgh (born and bred), I'd like to learn how to become a better supporter of my club. :)

Buffalo Bill

I think his point is that if fans of someone like Manchester Utd, Liverpool, even Celtic - infact, most continental clubs - found themselves in our situation they'd have been far more pro-active and done a bit more to get the point across than singing Are you watching Romanov? a couple of times, tamely, and only whilst we were losing.

davemclaren
I think his point is that if fans of someone like Manchester Utd, Liverpool, even Celtic - infact, most continental clubs - found themselves in our situation they'd have been far more pro-active and done a bit more to get the point across than singing Are you watching Romanov? a couple of times, tamely, and only whilst we were losing.

Do you have any examples?

Buffalo Bill

Steve, again, with respect, what is this theory based on?

Is there something written somewhere that shows that?

What I would say is that Celtic fans have different expectations, of course, but they are far-removed from our situation. A crisis for Celtic (or Man Utd) is not winning the league.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare.

Buffalo Bill

Zali Cinnamon
Do you have any examples?

Manchester Utd fans, upon hearing of the Glazer takeover a couple of years back, invested heavily in decent numbers into Shareholders United, a scheme designed to group together all minority shareholders to give them meaningful power. Ultimately turned out to be futile but worth a go nonetheless.

As for Liverpool, protest songs at every game against the American owners, particularly around the time when Klinsmann was apparently approached. Otherwise, http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk has been mooted.

I won't claim to have the answer to our own problems, but it's disappointing the way many Hearts fans seem to have almost accepted this situation.

davemclaren
Manchester Utd fans, upon hearing of the Glazer takeover a couple of years back, invested heavily in decent numbers into Shareholders United, a scheme designed to group together all minority shareholders to give them meaningful power. Ultimately turned out to be futile but worth a go nonetheless.

As for Liverpool, protest songs at every game against the American owners, particularly around the time when Klinsmann was apparently approached. Otherwise, http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk has been mooted.

I won't claim to have the answer to our own problems, but it's disappointing the way many Hearts fans seem to have almost accepted this situation.

Is it not because the scale of the debt under CPR was just about solvable by getting a white knight ( more grey now ) on board but now it is so big it's hard to see any other options?

Zali Cinnamon
Is it not because the scale of the debt under CPR was just about solvable by getting a white knight ( more grey now ) on board but now it is so big it's hard to see any other options?

I don't disagree with that and am reluctant to regurgitate old arguments, but my point was that for all the talk on KB and elsewhere about making our point to Romanov about the situation we're in just now (not just financially, but the playing side and so forth), very little has actually been done in terms of tangiably getting the message across as a group of fans - the are you watching Romanov song is fine but if it's only brought out when losing to Inverness or St Mirren at home it can be construed as a kneejerk reaction to being behind. In the anti-Robinson days, at least SOH organised the co-ordinated black balloon protests etc.

Like most others, I'm fully aware that there isn't anybody on the horizon to come in and magically wipe the debt!

tolcross lad
Hi,

Dougie

And who is Dougie Vipond ? A sports journalist?a member of the Merchants of Edinburgh Golf Club or what?

You cannot use a user name like that without validation or admission.

Seymour M Hersh
And who is Dougie Vipond ? A sports journalist?a member of the Merchants of Edinburgh Golf Club or what?

He could be trying to generate an "exclusive" for the GBC 6:30pm news of course.

Guest JamboRobbo

Who is Tolcross lad. People can use any username they like.

Buffalo Bill

I wasn't meaning to be pedantic with my questions there, but I just think our situation is a little more bespoke than the likes of Celtic and Man Utd; who live at the sharp end (the glory hunters).

I just felt the OP's statement was a bit on the 'banner headline' side and it seemed to lack substance to me.

Hearts' situation is fairly unique. There isn't a blueprint, either in a proactive or reactive sense. This is one book that hasn't been written, and I don't accept that Celtic or Man Utd fans are better at dealing with things than me. As far as I'm concerned, these people are spoiled rotten.

Buffalo Bill

I don't accept that Celtic fans are better at dealing with things than me. As far as I'm concerned, these people are spoiled rotten.

Sellik fhans are certainly not spoiled rotten in the looks, intelligence, clothing, money or housing departments. :)

Jamboross98

What do you want to know? Are you actually a member of a supporters club? Remember it's the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs, not just for any Tom, Dick and Harry to find out information. You should be pleased that they did tell you what happened in Lithuania, truthfully and honestly. A public forum like this is no place to tell anything as the papers like the ****, Hibsman and Daily Ranger always access these forums for news. You want to know anything, ask your delegate from your bus, they should have notes. Seriously sick of you sad people that think you are entitled to know information from the Federation when you constantly have a go at them as often as you do to VR.

as long as they get their 2 or 3 jaunts to Mad HQ every season then why would they care, they have no interest in anyone apart from themselves.

If they were a true representation of the supporters then why havs the silence been deafening from them this season?

The only time they are heard is ,after one of the jollies they will appear on some kack radio station telling everyone that the future is bright, yet they refuse to go into any real detail as to whats been said at these meetings.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of them are local councillors(freeloaders) because they only seem to be in the Federation for bragging rights/freebies

Don't post on here much nowadays the forum is to far up itself, but as regards your statements on here, they do talk to fans ,their members are fans is that to complicated for you to understand ? at monthly meeting were all decent supporter clubs are represented witha free hand to state their opinion on anything realted to Hearts without fear of ridicule ,personal abuse or getting a row from the MODS !, there are no freeloaders,no local councillors and as a such both a collective and as individual supporters pump thousnads of pounds into HEARTS F.C every year

What do you want to know? Are you actually a member of a supporters club? Remember it's the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs, not just for any Tom, Dick and Harry to find out information. You should be pleased that they did tell you what happened in Lithuania, truthfully and honestly. A public forum like this is no place to tell anything as the papers like the ****, Hibsman and Daily Ranger always access these forums for news. You want to know anything, ask your delegate from your bus, they should have notes. Seriously sick of you sad people that think you are entitled to know information from the Federation when you constantly have a go at them as often as you do to VR.

What a pathetic response - talk about throwing the toys out of the pram. It is like reading a rant from a masonic member being questioned about their inner circle.

I used to be a member of a federation club, but had to cut back on away trips due to a change in circumstances so let my membership lapse.

The missed opportunity of the Lithuania trip and subsequent silence from them is deafening. I have defended the Federation on many occasions and still speak to members from time to time.

- What exactly did this Lithuania trip achieve? What has been delivered by Hearts following it?

- Why are they not publicly asking questions about our (lack of) managerial appointment?

- When season ticket renewals are out, why aren't they representing their members in pressurising the regime? They are the biggest organised group of Hearts supporters after all.

The Federation has a duty to ask telling questions and represent their members, which are a fair subsection of the Hearts support in general, so the issues are common to non-members.

We used to see the Federation getting interviewed in the Evening News for supporters group comments but now all we get are the trust people, who don't really have any mandate.

Don't post on here much nowadays the forum is to far up itself, but as regards your statements on here, they do talk to fans ,their members are fans is that to complicated for you to understand ? at monthly meeting were all decent supporter clubs are represented witha free hand to state their opinion on anything realted to Hearts without fear of ridicule ,personal abuse or getting a row from the MODS !, there are no freeloaders,no local councillors and as a such both a collective and as individual supporters pump thousnads of pounds into HEARTS F.C every year

Question to you both: How many Hearts supporters do the Federation represent?

Archived