To all the doom 'n' gloomers...

:shitwine:

Exactly. Hearts have one problem - Consistancy....who was it saying get rid of rudi in an earlier post. :whistling:

Exactly. Hearts have one problem - Consistancy....who was it saying get rid of rudi in an earlier post. :whistling:

When I was moping around the house last week after the St J game and muttering about the upcoming Celtic game, my dear lady, rejoined with, "In the 43 years we've been married Hearts have always been the same! Lose to a nobody and then get a result when it's not expected!"

She's right on the money!

Cardiac Rucksack

A change of tactics was the difference today.

Just what the public wanted.

Did you say that with a straight face?

When I was moping around the house last week after the St J game and muttering about the upcoming Celtic game, my dear lady, rejoined with, "In the 43 years we've been married Hearts have always been the same! Lose to a nobody and then get a result when it's not expected!"

She's right on the money!

She is mate! :thumbsup:

peebles jambo

hands up, i was one who wasn't pleased with the way we were playing, thought we'd get humped today, glad i was wrong

People have to decide whether they like him or not! One week singing 'paulo sergio' next week shouting for him out.

Well done Paulo!

Being so committed and up for it after that dreadful performance last week says to me that it's all down to motivation and both managers and players are responsible for that.

Of course I enjoyed the win today but it's not good enough if you're serious about having a successful season. Reeks of small time mentality.

Cardiac Rucksack

Nope....I said it with a big huge smug smile.

I think we still tried to knock it about. sellick forced us to go long in the first half it didnt really work. Much better second half when we tried to get it knocked about. I dont think there was a major change in tactics.

hands up, i was one who wasn't pleased with the way we were playing, thought we'd get humped today, glad i was wrong

Fair play to you m8.

For as long as i can remember we have always been the same. Great one week, terrible the next. Just need to sort out the consistancy, and tbh i aint got a clue how we do that.

But i for one am absolutely delighted with today. This is the weakest celtic side i have seen in a while, but remember instead of going out and spending big, they are now resorting to weakening other teams in the SPL and buying cheap.

Only team we are consistant against is the hobos :thumbsup: time to get that mentality going and win games we should not be losing!

A change of tactics was the difference today.

Just what the public wanted.

Players turning up today and passing simple balls to team mates was the difference.

portobellojambo1

...saying how shit we are, Sergio must go, we're on a dreadful run of form, etc.

:verysmug:

One can only guess that you weren't at Inverness, Ayr or Perth if you have failed to witness awful form over the last few matches.

Today we won because we played the Hearts way, not tippy tappy continental piss.

Celtic set their side up to play us assuming we were going to fart about passing the ball from side to side, and fortunately it wasn't the case. Hopefully the manager has taken today's display on board, and concentrates on trying to get them to play that way and at that level on a weekly basis. Consistent levels of performance are all that are needed to compete or even win this league, we don't need to try (unsuccessfully) to play like Barcelona. Players like Black and Mrowiec have been rightly slaughtered on here over the last few weeks because they have looked awful during that period. Today they looked like two totally different players, as we used their strengths rather than their weaknesses.

Drylaw Hearts

I think we still tried to knock it about. sellick forced us to go long in the first half it didnt really work. Much better second half when we tried to get it knocked about. I dont think there was a major change in tactics.

We did try and 'knock it about' but the difference is we did going forward and not back.

There was a MASSIVE difference in the way the team played to tried to play.

Players turning up today and passing simple balls to team mates was the difference.

Yep....along with a better team selection and and a change of tactics.

Jamie Mac seen much less of the ball today from the defenders which was another big difference.

Absolutely delighted to eat 'humble pie! :lol: What a difference a week makes in football! Down in the dumps last week, chuffed to bits today! That's Hearts for you! Still love them to bits! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We did try and 'knock it about' but the difference is we did going forward and not back.

There was a MASSIVE difference in the way the team played to tried to play.

Yep....along with a better team selection and and a change of tactics.

Jamie Mac seen much less of the ball today from the defenders which was another big difference.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

Tactics work well when players turn up was what i was saying. Like others i thought we still played the passing game Sergio wants.

One can only guess that you weren't at Inverness, Ayr or Perth if you have failed to witness awful form over the last few matches.

Today we won because we played the Hearts way, not tippy tappy continental piss.

Celtic set their side up to play us assuming we were going to fart about passing the ball from side to side, and fortunately it wasn't the case. Hopefully the manager has taken today's display on board, and concentrates on trying to get them to play that way and at that level on a weekly basis. Consistent levels of performance are all that are needed to compete or even win this league, we don't need to try (unsuccessfully) to play like Barcelona. Players like Black and Mrowiec have been rightly slaughtered on here over the last few weeks because they have looked awful during that period. Today they looked like two totally different players, as we used their strengths rather than their weaknesses.

Well said PJ1, after all you an only pee with the ****** you have got!

I was dreading us getting hammered passing the ball about with no purpose. Well done Sergio for finally getting the best out of the players at our disposal. (and picking Skacel!!)

We weren't at our best in those games (St J especially), but if you had seen the reaction on here, you'd think that we had never been so bad. To be honest, we were far worse against Celtic last time at Tynecastle, amongst many other games from recent history, let alone beyond that.

In the aftermath of the St Johnstone fiasco, you'd think we had lost all of the 6 games previous, not just that one.

Archived