Arrests for sectaranism

Jambof3tornado

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-fife-15048684

Sorry if posted elsewhere but good on the Fife plod but cant believe they only heard 3 people!!!

Thats one police force doing their bit and sending out a message to the away support..............what is the betting that Fife is wiped from the SPL in the not too distant future :lol:

Toxteth O'Grady

"Three men will appear at Dunfermline Sheriff Court on Monday (26th September 2011) having been arrested during the Dunfermline v Rangers game at East End Park on today. All three men have been charged with alleged breaches of the peace, aggravated by religious prejudice.

The men aged 19,20 and 31 were arrested as part of an ongoing operation by Fife Constabulary to tackle football related hate crime. All three men were arrested within the East Stand of the stadium occupied by Rangers supporters. The intelligence led deployment of plain clothed officers within the ground also led to the arrest of a 20 year old man in relation to a racially motivated breach of the peace at last weeks Dunfermline v Hibs game.

Football liaison officer, Sergeant Andy Smith, said: " Fife Constabulary is committed to delivering a clear message to those who continue to shout hate-filled comments during football matches that we will pursue you until this type of behavior stops. These arrests should act as a further warning to supporters attending East End Park who are intent on conducting themselves in a racially or religiously prejudiced manner."

It only mentions East End Park, how does that make out its Dunfy fams?

:mellow:

Just the way Dunfermline have came out and banned them. You rarely hear of teams banning individual away fans?

edit - i see from the other article they are rangers fans.

Doctor FinnBarr

Just the way Dunfermline have came out and banned them. You rarely hear of teams banning individual away fans?

Clubs ban any away fan if they are arrested, I know that from one of my mates who read in the DU programme whilst in Tannadice that he was barred! A bit late in letting him know mind.

:ninja:

Is Hearts the only team that sells direct to the weegie fans because of that admin fee fiasco ?

Is Hearts the only team that sells direct to the weegie fans because of that admin fee fiasco ?

Hearts and Hibs i believe.

It's a start. Arresting 3 might put off 300 next time. Arresting another 6 next time might put off another 600. Let's hope that other constabularies follow the lead.

Jambof3tornado

It's a start. Arresting 3 might put off 300 next time. Arresting another 6 next time might put off another 600. Let's hope that other constabularies follow the lead.

Correct about putting them off but what happens when all the constabularies merge,and they all become the Strathclyde mega polis?

Doctor FinnBarr

Will it ****! You know it and I know it, even L and B are infested with the uglies and will never huckle them for sectarian abuse!

Correct about putting them off but what happens when all the constabularies merge,and they all become the Strathclyde mega polis?

We could be lucky. Half the OF may have gone out of business by the time that happens. :teehee:

It only mentions East End Park, how does that make out its Dunfy fams?

:mellow:

BJ, remember it's an article on the BBC you were reading. :)........ Spin's their name of the game.

Someone at Fife police obviously is after a position in the Scottish Government and is out to make a name for themselves with a public anti football bigotry drive.

Jambof3tornado

Someone at Fife police obviously is after a position in the Scottish Government and is out to make a name for themselves with a public anti football bigotry drive.

If thats their motive then good for them,and if they take out a few cavemen on the way to parliament then thats even better!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15048684

Sorry if posted elsewhere but good on the Fife plod but cant believe they only heard 3 people!!!

I often wonder are these and the flag/song posts are posted by cafolics just to start a victum thread

people with blinkered views are imo sado and daffties get a life the world is falling apart and you are worried about name calling.

three people arrested at a football match for name calling and a murder ten miles away goes undetected for three years eye right the polis have their priorities

if you encourage them they will continue to sing their songs, best if you ignore them and through natural course they will tyre and the songs will die fuel to the fire and all that

I often wonder are these and the flag/song posts are posted by cafolics just to start a victum thread

people with blinkered views are imo sado and daffties get a life the world is falling apart and you are worried about name calling.

three people arrested at a football match for name calling and a murder ten miles away goes undetected for three years eye right the polis have their priorities

if you encourage them they will continue to sing their songs, best if you ignore them and through natural course they will tyre and the songs will die fuel to the fire and all that

Let's ostracise these damn cafolics within the Hearts support.

Any other demographic who can p off too?

:cornette:

Let's ostracise these damn cafolics within the Hearts support.

Any other demographic who can p off too?

Oh the Hibees are Gaaayyyyy!!!!!

cumbernauldjambo83

Nothing pisses me off more than sectarianism. Apart from Catholics.

::troll:::'>

IPOX >>>>>>>>> IS THAT A WAY YOU CLOWN!

Don't bring your blinkered shyt on here

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

IPOX >>>>>>>>> IS THAT A WAY YOU CLOWN!

Don't bring your blinkered shyt on here

HOOK LINE AND SINKER!

Give cumbernauld jambo his teeth back.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

your chat gets worse by the day!

Aw listen to topchat giving it the big one, away and heedbutt yer kneecap pal.

The arrests were made in the little stand running the length of the pitch where the police are stationed at the segregation point as well as the back of the stand, and because that area is fairly small, any Rangers fan(s) shouting sectarian remarks would be pretty easily identifiable if close to the segregation point, or the police at the back would pick it up.

The only problem is it's obviously much harder when they are in a bigger stands i.e the traditional away-end at EEP (where you can almost guarantee similar shouts/comments were made yesterday), or the away end at Tynie, Easter Road, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Killie etc. Where officers can be much further away from the fans making specific sectarian shouts and may find it more difficult to pin point them.

Right now, every force has designated sectarian-initiative officers for matches (the ones with the baseball style caps) who are specifically there to pick up on what individuals etc who are indulging in inappropriate sectarian behaviour and to decide if sectarian comments are being used.

Let?s be honest when the majority of the 3700 Rangers (or Celtic with the reduced allocation of 3400) come to Tynie and sing their usual party songs en-masse, as they both will, (with the away the away supports of the clubs containing a higher percentage of the more "extreme" individuals within the fanbases) then as usual I?d expect nothing to be actioned against this by the police.

However I think individual outbursts (or behaving inappropriately using sectarian remarks) will be targeted under the new legislation and the fan in question arrested. I think more in hope of having a knock-on effect in regard to putting others off risking arrest. Although, this is where it gets tricky as we know against the Old Firm (Celtic in particular for us) it's a powder-keg atmosphere already and going into the middle of a stand containing over 3500 Old Firm fans would be tricky and could potentially lead to further incident, i.e the incidents with stewards/police at the recent Celtic game.

Basically the point is, it's a bit easier to pull some Old Firm fans out of the smaller stands containing small sections of few hundred fans (i.e St Mirren/Inverness/St Johnstone) rather than trying it in a packed Roseburn or South Stand at ER or any of the other stands I?ve mentioned in the last paragraph. You would probably need the riot police to go and pull a single Rangers fan out of a packed South Stand at Aberdeen for example. It's all about strength in numbers for the Old Firm away supports which enhances the "we'll sing what we want" mentality.

Time will tell if L&B police are going to take action with the two impending visits of the Old Firm to Tynie, obviously given the recent and past history, the Celtic game in particular will be under the spotlight for both home and away fans.

Also I aware this post is quite specific, though the new legislation etc was obviously brought in surrounding Old Firm matches and IMO 95% of arrests etc (aside from the Old Firm matches themselves) will be at the Old Firm's away fixtures.

It?s encouraging that Fife police have taken a bit of stand with the powers of the legislation regarding sectarian behaviour in football grounds and it's a situation lot's of people (hopefully including potential perpetrators - for which new regional Law prosecution teams have already been set-up for) will be monitoring closely.

Jambof3tornado

What a ripper of a post rolleyes.gifSo I am now a catholic because I bring news of huns being arresting? Have a word Captain Caveman!!!!

Ignore them and they will stop,aye right,coz thats worked well.

The threat of undercover polis standing in the crowds is a decent deterrant but more hooligans getting banning orders is what will help to clean up our game!!!.

All Chief Constables are the lap dogs of the political classes these days. Most of them will do anything to cosy up to the Scottish Government. Wait till there is one Scottish Police Service then you will see real "political policing". Something quite "Orwell like" about all of this.

ToadKiller Dog

Thing is Ugly fans tend to gang together to protect the one the police /stewards try to go after ,we saw that at the last Celtic game at Tynie when the stewards went to get a guy .My mates in the Tayside dogs and he basically says that due to numbers of protecting there own amongst the Uglies the police will not move in unless some one is in danger .

If it wasnt for the starring role of our own muppet we would have had all the moral high ground to go at them which was a pitty .

Jambof3tornado

Thing is Ugly fans tend to gang together to protect the one the police /stewards try to go after ,we saw that at the last Celtic game at Tynie when the stewards went to get a guy .My mates in the Tayside dogs and he basically says that due to numbers of protecting there own amongst the Uglies the police will not move in unless some one is in danger .

If it wasnt for the starring role of our own muppet we would have had all the moral high ground to go at them which was a pitty .

They dont have to move in,all they have to do is ID the people they want and get them after the match when the crowds split up a bit.

Or napalm them all!!!

Unfortunately, it now seems to be fashionable for governments to concentrate on trivial "crimes" like football songs and phone hacking, while the streets are full of knife carriers and junkies. Time to get the priorities right. We now have a left-wing Scottish government who are determined to introduce the sort of Newspeak that George Orwell warned about. This is designed to stop people thinking in what the state determines to be the "wrong" way. Where does it end? Shouting, joking, banter and yes, aggression is all part of going to football. Compared to some countries in the world, Spain, Serbia for example we don't have any racial or sectarian problems worthy of His Smugness Alex Salmond and his little government toadies sticking their noses into.

What a ripper of a post rolleyes.gifSo I am now a catholic because I bring news of huns being arresting? Have a word Captain Caveman!!!!

Ignore them and they will stop,aye right,coz thats worked well.

The threat of undercover polis standing in the crowds is a decent deterrant but more hooligans getting banning orders is what will help to clean up our game!!!.

Jambof3tornado

Unfortunately, it now seems to be fashionable for governments to concentrate on trivial "crimes" like football songs and phone hacking, while the streets are full of knife carriers and junkies. Time to get the priorities right. We now have a left-wing Scottish government who are determined to introduce the sort of Newspeak that George Orwell warned about. This is designed to stop people thinking in what the state determines to be the "wrong" way. Where does it end? Shouting, joking, banter and yes, aggression is all part of going to football. Compared to some countries in the world, Spain, Serbia for example we don't have any racial or sectarian problems worthy of His Smugness Alex Salmond and his little government toadies sticking their noses into.

Thats just not true,but if it helps to deflect from the sectarianism argument then fill your boots.down.gif

Doctor FinnBarr

Thats just not true,but if it helps to deflect from the sectarianism argument then fill your boots.down.gif

Not true?????? You must visit me in Blackburn at some point and see if it isn't true, 3 smack dealers within a minutes walk of my front door and by no means do I stay in the worst part of the village!

Jambof3tornado

Not true?????? You must visit me in Blackburn at some point and see if it isn't true, 3 smack dealers within a minutes walk of my front door and by no means do I stay in the worst part of the village!

But to say that the streets are full of knives and junkies insnt true is it. Certain areas are worse than others but they arent full!!!

Doctor FinnBarr

But to say that the streets are full of knives and junkies insnt true is it. Certain areas are worse than others but they arent full!!!

OK, not sure about knives, only had 1 pulled on me once, but junkies, feckin awash with them here mate!

:blink:

Archived