Bigotry bombs and football

1874robbo

On BBC one tonight at 10.45pm

Undercover reporter has secretly filmed sectarian singing at Celtic Hearts and Rangers! Just saw a clip on reporting scotland, looks liked it's been filmed from section G.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ray Winstone

Surely not - Section G singers just do it to add atmosphere.

Nothing else.

Not going to be good I fear...

Have to wonder if this was only a Celtic and rangers problem if it would have been released.

Get a horrible feeling we will be made to be the worse of the three!!!!

Jambof3tornado

Hardly a shocker is it. In bed with the old firm as a bigot club. Clearly the program makers couldnt just mention the old firm. Well done to the gorgie billy boys you must be proud.

If you want to be a proud proddy go join a flute band and if you want to support the best team in the world leave the bigotry at home.

Tin hat fastened and flak jacket zipped up!!

Jambof3tornado

Wow Sellick in Sectarianism shocker....!

Aye who'd have thought that was possible. Catholic church will be getting accused of covering up child abuse next!!

Fozzyonthefence

Oh great - yet more bad press for us (and there was someone on another thread trying to say HMFC still had a good name). Maybe now at least HMFC will get the finger out and do something about it. This really should have been nipped in the bud years ago as I don't think it would have been a huge problem - it really is a minority but no doubt this programme will leave neutrals thinking otherwise.

FFS - even Celtic are making nosies about cleaning up their act now although no doubt noises will all that will be.

Ray Winstone

Whether people want to accept it or not Hearts do have a problem with bigotry and the related songs within their support.

Just because it is not in the same scale as with Rangers and Celtic doesn't mean it can be swept under the carpet.

Hopefully the club will start doing something more pro-active about it - or you could always text Adrian.

Was the video taken from fairly high up in G? A dude next to me in a non season ticket seat had his phone out practically the full game taking videos or pictures. :facepalm:

Nice to see we're now fully lumped in with the bigot brothers.

Picture wasn't the best quality so could have been a phone, possibly taken about 3 quarters the way up mate. It was only a quick clip on the news today.

Picture wasn't the best quality so could have been a phone, possibly taken about 3 quarters the way up mate. It was only a quick clip on the news today.

Just interested. Im Row 26 so that's around 3/4s up i'd say.

Will be watching tonight anyway.

Dr. Bapswent

Good, I hope all the clubs involved get shamed and hammered.

I hope this is a catalyst for the club to remove this scum element from the club that drags the club into the filth and that the OF are shown up for what they are - clubs founded on religious, bigoted sectarian and hate filled differences.

I hope it pulls no punched and glosses over nothing.

jamboinglasgow

Got to laugh at a reporter going undercover to hear sectarian chants at a football match.

I hope the idiots in our support are shamed out of the club or at leased shamed into stopping. As its embarrassing sitting at Tynecastle hearing these chants. Maybe decent fans should sings louder them then to drown them out or create a culture of Hearts fans ultras (i know that can make people cringe as they think of the red ultras) but a good way to stop these idiots is to stop their excuse that they create atmosphere by singing sectarian songs.

Jambof3tornado

Did nobody in section g notice the guy with a video camera taped to his head? Bunch of numpties.

Seymour M Hersh

I should imagine the programme will be as even handed as the report (on another thread) from bleacher report. :whistling:

Did nobody in section g notice the guy with a video camera taped to his head? Bunch of numpties.

I didn't notice it at the time :ninja:

Seriously though. I think whoever went undercover could have been next to me. Not that it really matters either way, but i will watch with interest tonight out of pure curiosity!

The Mighty Thor

I'm getting my tea towel out in anticiaption of hearing the fireside favourites on national TV.

Hello Hello.....

:facepalm:

The Treasurer

Whether people want to accept it or not Hearts do have a problem with bigotry and the related songs within their support.

You're quite correct about that unfortunately

Just because it is not in the same scale as with Rangers and Celtic doesn't mean it can be swept under the carpet.

I have a feeling this programme will not reflect this fact

Hopefully the club will start doing something more pro-active about it - or you could always text Adrian.

It would be good if we as a club are seen to actively deal with this problem while the OF continue to pay it lip service

Jambof3tornado

I should imagine the programme will be as even handed as the report (on another thread) from bleacher report. :whistling:

We all know that we have a problem but we also know that ours isnt anywhere near the scale of the issues at ibrox and parkhead. Safe to say that the report wont reflect this is any way.

If there are faces shown clearly singing sectarian songs or shouting sectarian abuse will the police take action??

Anyone in section g concerned that the next knock on the door will be the polis asking for a wee chat??

Harry Palmer

Find them and hang them by the ghoulies.......

Aye...that'll solve the problem.

Jambof3tornado

Find them and hang them by the ghoulies.......

Aye...that'll solve the problem.

Name and shame. Being called a bigot by your workmates could well shame fans into behaving appropriately at games.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So, is sectarianism in Scottish football officially a three-club problem now?

Guest Dipped Flake

Name and shame. Being called a bigot by your workmates could well shame fans into behaving appropriately at games.

Unfortunately some of them would take it as a compliment.

On the program I really hope our fans are shown up to be the bigotted dinosaurs they really are. I don't give a flying one that we are only being included in this to avoid it being totally against the old firm; if we didn't have bigotted fans singing bigotted songs then we wouldn't be in this story

Captain Lithuania

This will lead to a fine or something. It'll be used as "evidence". And the two *******s from the West won't get **** all.

Jambof3tornado

I would say so yes,was it a trick question??

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I would say so yes,was it a trick question??

No, no trick. Just interesting to see how we are viewed compared to the other two.

The Mighty Thor

No.

It's a two club problem. It always has been.

Rangers & Rangers Lite Hearts

Those poor, put upon, downtrodden, freedom fighters from Glasgow's east-end are not part of the problem. Fact. :thumbsup:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

No.

It's a two club problem. It always has been.

Rangers & Rangers Lite Hearts

Those poor, put upon, downtrodden, freedom fighters from Glasgow's east-end are not part of the problem. Fact. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Not being shown down here in England thank feck.

Thunderstruck

I see that the well known Celtic blogger Phil McGibbon (or something like that in Gaelic) is a contributor. I imagine someone with a Hearts background will be given an opportunity to rebut any accusations. Oh wait, it's the BBC.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I think Hearts should be doing a lot more than just identifying the bigots and throwing them out, if, in fact, they have plans to do this. We have a relatively small number of bigots, many of whom I am sure are no more than a bunch of copy cats who would shut up at the first sign of trouble for themselves. So if a serious clean up was to start, and the bigots to be openly marched out and it made clear they would never be allowed back, then I'm sure the copy cats would soon learn to shut up. This is something that must happen, but I don't think it is enough. I think Hearts should take a lead and at least try to find a solution to bigotry in general and not just at football matches. All decent Hearts supporters are aware of the terrible publicity the club has been receiving in recent weeks and Hearts have to try to resurect our good name. To do this they must do more than just eject and ban the troublemakers, for they remain troublemakers elsewhere in society. Hearts should show the way in trying to get them to understand just how wrong they are and that their bigotry is based on untruths and misconceptions handed down through generations. We are all proud of how Hearts and their supporters, along with many others, rallied to the call and formed Macrae's Batallion, surely the finest thing any sporting club has ever done. Catholic and Protestant fought and died together for something they all believed in, freedom and the right to live without fear of the bully boy.

Purely as an idea of the kind of thing I think Hearts should be trying to do would be to ban the culprits for life or until such times as they can demonstrate they no longer hate for the sake of hate. Hearts should offer councelling, financed by the club, which could include anger management and help them with other issues they have. I'd make it part of the programme to ask them just why they think Hearts are a 'protestant' team and where in the club's history the club has demonstrated any links with 'Orange' ideals. I'm sure there may well have been Orangemen within the club's ranks from time to time but to my knowledge the club has never shown a bigotted attitude towards any section of the community, or at least no more than the rest of society showed at any particular time. If anyone has any doubt about Hearts' lack of bigotry they just need to look at the Hibs' website and read their early history where Hearts were the first, and initially, the only team prepared to break a ban by the SFA and Edinburgh FA and play against a non-Scottish club. Hardly the action of bigots.

Jambof3tornado

No, no trick. Just interesting to see how we are viewed compared to the other two.

We will be compared on an equal footing which we know is garbage but that wouldnt be good for telly if they made out it was a glasgow only issue.

Patrick Bateman

The fact they've used 'Everything in its right place' by Radiohead in the trailer in order to signpost 'this has been a depressing time' shows that we shouldn't expect anything less than a sensationalised, cliche ridden piece of crap. I wonder if anyone could upload the Romanov 'expose' belched out by BBC Scotchland a few years back? Might be worth a revisit for parody purposes.

Genghis Khan

So is this a documentary to state the obvious?:unsure:

Yep - it's called "Whataboutery: How to drag others in to smokescreen the real issues".

Do The Dance

The weekend bigots will have to hope their bosses aren't watching this programme and recognise them...

Vlad-Stupid

Serious question, apart from hullo hullo, what other songs are deemed sectarian?

As far as i'm aware thats the only one we're guilty of. TBH i dont know the words to any of the OF's songbook so cant comment on what's sectarian and what isnt.

jambojim1986

This is so annoying, Hearts problem is a handful of fans who sings these songs, without even knowing their origin or meaning. Its not our fault they aint the sharpest knife in the drawer. The difference with us and "them", is our fans do it purely to get under the skin, the uglies have genuine bigoted hatred flowing through their buckfast laden veins. Should not take much for us to stamp out the unneccessary songs, but keep the passion.

Great yet more left wing agenda driven nonsense and non reporting from the BBC.

cosanostra

There are probably going to be a few neds sweating right now and hoping that their employers don't see their ned football behaviour.

Tommy Wiseau

How hard is it just to record live games off the telly and get the singing off that? :lol:

Hardly the Secret Policeman now, is it?

Vlad-Stupid

How hard is it just to record live games off the telly and get the singing off that? :lol:

Hardly the Secret Policeman now, is it?

The journo probably just nicked the video off youtuberolleyes.gif

I predict a JKB meltdown circa 10:45pmcool.gif

No personal slight intended but meltdown?

What are they going to show that is going to put the Earth off it's axis?

I'll be in the pub,thanks!

Archived