***Summer 2018 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

hmfc_liam06
24 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Iniesta signs for a team in a Japan

:vrface: 

I noticed the team have the same sponsors as...Barcelona. I wonder if they're paying wages?

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

5 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The Telegraph say Liverpool want Alisson from Roma for 60m as their new goalie, the Express say they want Oblak but they don't want to pay 80m. He's worth it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11388040/liverpool-transfer-rumours-nabil-fekir-alisson-jan-oblak

Nobody is worth that, football is just broken. 

80 million for someone to catch a ball :facepalm:

I wouldn't pay that for Margot Robbie to play with mine. 

7 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Are u Hitler?

vegas-voss
42 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Or £5m for someone that couldn't catch a ball 

Time and time again it is shown that money is irrelevant to these clubs it's just about getting the right players

king.Robbo
7 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Hearing we’re after a centre-half from St Johnstone :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Any idea who?

Alex Kintner
16 minutes ago, king.Robbo said:

Any idea who?

Just waiting on my source getting back to me with a name

Jamboscanbevicius
32 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Not doubting you’ve heard this, but looking at their squad I rally hope not.

Anderson has just signed a new contract. Could only see it being Joe Shaughnessy, who is poor IMO.

Not a defender, but I would take Wotherspoon! 

9 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Anderson has just signed a new contract. Could only see it being Joe Shaughnessy, who is poor IMO.

I suppose STJ have based their game around a solid defensive unit in recent seasons and it has served them quite well. I can see why Levein might look at their squad for defensive players. 

king.Robbo

Nobody really impresses me from ST J.. hard working team but not really that great in terms of ball players.. 

horrible to watch, maybe that’s just because of there bellend manager !! ?

Nookie Bear
55 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Wotherspoon?

If that’s the level we are operating at then I give up. 

Escobar PHM
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Wotherspoon?

If that’s the level we are operating at then I give up. 

If we signed him tomorrow, he’d be our highest proven quality signing so far this summer, by a distance.

Steven Anderson sounds like the right sort.

Experienced at 32 but with a couple of years left in him.

Flexible, can play anywhere across the back line. 

Knows the league well.

The kind of player who would be a replacement for Hughes. 

Edited by Bauld

Just now, Bauld said:

Knows the league well.

The kind of plaue 

Hard to belive he is only 32 seems to have been around for ever I thought he was more around the Aaron Hughes age bracket.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Hard to belive he is only 32 seems to have been around for ever I thought he was more around the Aaron Hughes age bracket.

The only problem is he has been with saints for 16 years now and he has said himself he is determined to see his career out with them.

But his form last season was brutal. That's maybe a sign he has stayed too long, or he is starting to feel the years. 

Gulf Jambo
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

Knows the league well.

I get where your coming from, but I would think it might be Jason Kerr.

Young defender, Scotland U21's, loaned out to QOS for start of season, impressed enough that he came back and played in the first team.

Was at Tynecastle Colts as a lad, May help our cause...

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The only problem is he has been with saints for 16 years now and he has said himself he is determined to see his career out with them.

But his form last season was brutal. That's maybe a sign he has stayed too long, or he is starting to feel the years. 

He not the tallest either although a bit like Naismith he jumps well and wins a lot in the air. I would be hoping we can get better tbh.

Edited by wavydavy

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If we signed him tomorrow, he’d be our highest proven quality signing so far this summer, by a distance.

To be fair, if i signed to tomorrow I would be in the top 3 :happy:

13 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Knows the league well.

Big jambo as well.

Slower than a week in jail though

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Do you EVER say anything positive about Hearts?

We are not in a position financially to 5 or 6 to sign players of proven quality but I think you already know that.

It will be a gradual build-up until the pitch and new stand costs are behind us but I'm sure you know that too.

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We are not in a position financially to 5 or 6 to sign players of proven quality but I think you already know that.

It will be a gradual build-up until the pitch and new stand costs are behind us but I'm sure you know that too.

He said Wotherspoon would be a good signing, that’s positive! Do you really feel the need to flip out on a football forum every single day of your life? 

We we are in a position to sign better quality of players than the majority of the league.  That can’t be argued.  

Wotherspoon for the record is utter pap who seems to play well against us.  See Liam Craig. 

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He said Wotherspoon would be a good signing, that’s positive! Do you really feel the need to flip out on a football forum every single day of your life? 

We we are in a position to sign better quality of players than the majority of the league.  That can’t be argued.  

Wotherspoon for the record is utter pap who seems to play well against us.  See Liam Craig. 

It's good that you have knowledge of the financial position of the majority of the teams in the league.

Perhaps you could aid us more by telling us who we should be signing within our current means.

Just now, JamboAl said:

It's good that you have knowledge of the financial position of the majority of the teams in the league.

Perhaps you could aid us more by telling us who we should be signing within our current means.

Better players than any club outside the old firm sign.

I’ll leave it to our highly paid DOF/manager to decide though.  

1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Better players than any club outside the old firm sign.

I’ll leave it to our highly paid DOF/manager to decide though.  

It doesn't look like you're leaving it to him.

It's a wise thing to do however when you don't have a viable alternative or a clue what you're talking about.

Escobar PHM
56 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes of course I know the financial situation and how we have to spend every penny wisely. I’ve adjusted my expectations accordingly, especially given the signings to date. There are folk on here who think Levein will challenge for 3rd and be in the mix for cups. I don’t. I’m very realistic about how much money we might have for players. Wotherspoon would be fine by me. There are plenty things we could be doing next season that won’t cost a penny, like not parking the bus away from home to the bottom six. I’d like to see that change, wouldn’t you, ? or haven’t you watched us away from home for the last 3 years ?

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I get where your coming from, but I would think it might be Jason Kerr.

Young defender, Scotland U21's, loaned out to QOS for start of season, impressed enough that he came back and played in the first team.

Was at Tynecastle Colts as a lad, May help our cause...

Sounds like it might be him. He did mention he was with us as a kad and I initially thought of Liam Gordon but he’s been out of the first team picture for a while. If Kerr was with us as a colt then it will be him :thumbsup:

letsalldothebeattie

Jason Kerr would be a decent signing i think. Sure he played against us last season at Tynie and looked decent 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Big jambo as well.

Slower than a week in jail though

Not from what I read prior to his testimonial. Vermin tendencies. 

3 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yes of course I know the financial situation and how we have to spend every penny wisely. I’ve adjusted my expectations accordingly, especially given the signings to date. There are folk on here who think Levein will challenge for 3rd and be in the mix for cups. I don’t. I’m very realistic about how much money we might have for players. Wotherspoon would be fine by me. There are plenty things we could be doing next season that won’t cost a penny, like not parking the bus away from home to the bottom six. I’d like to see that change, wouldn’t you, ? or haven’t you watched us away from home for the last 3 years ?

Can you explain "wisely" in context?

Who should we have signed instead of who we did sign and how much would we have saved/spent - since you know the financial situation?

As regards last season that is dead and gone.  This topic is not about that: it is about 2018 summer signings.

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Can you explain "wisely" in context?

Who should we have signed instead of who we did sign and how much would we have saved/spent - since you know the financial situation?

As regards last season that is dead and gone.  This topic is not about that: it is about 2018 summer signings.

I know you think your a bit of a wideo on here but everyone, including me knows that there are financial restrictions. No one, including you, knows the boundaries of those. If you need me to explain the term ‘wisely’ in this context your clearly even lower down the IQ scale than you make yourself look. The whole point in this summers signing campaign was and still is to improve the quality of the team, particularly to solve the issues in the first 11. I don’t think you can look at what we’ve signed so far and put your hand on your heart and say ‘ right, that’s that glaring problem fixed’ . My alternative would have been to save the wages on some of the obvious 4 or 5 squad fillers weve signed and chuck the money at 2 real quality pacey midfield players.

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I know you think your a bit of a wideo on here but everyone, including me knows that there are financial restrictions. No one, including you, knows the boundaries of those. If you need me to explain the term ‘wisely’ in this context your clearly even lower down the IQ scale than you make yourself look. The whole point in this summers signing campaign was and still is to improve the quality of the team, particularly to solve the issues in the first 11. I don’t think you can look at what we’ve signed so far and put your hand on your heart and say ‘ right, that’s that glaring problem fixed’ . My alternative would have been to save the wages on some of the obvious 4 or 5 squad fillers weve signed and chuck the money at 2 real quality pacey midfield players.

You could argue though that our first choice XI this season would have been good enough for challenging for top three but our lack of strength in depth cost us badly. We’ve addressed that with the signings so far and at least two of them will be first choice starters in their positions I reckon. (Lee and the left back)

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

You could argue though that our first choice XI this season would have been good enough for challenging for top three but our lack of strength in depth cost us badly. We’ve addressed that with the signings so far and at least two of them will be first choice starters in their positions I reckon. (Lee and the left back)

Yes you could overlook our complete lack of quality in midfield, one 16 year old kid apart and you could overlook the fact that we left ourselves with one recognised striker for half the season and you could hold in a laugh at folk who say our best starting 11 would have finished top 3 had it been fit and available for all games.

So far we have addressed squad depth by increasing numbers. Only one of the signings so far has played the game anywhere near our desired level and even he is on the retirement slope. The rest will have to seriously step up in class if they are to be the ones to improve the team  So to say we’ve now got strength in depth might be a bit premature. Yes we have depth now, just more jerseys to wash if they aren’t any good though isn’t it ?

Alex Kintner
28 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yes you could overlook our complete lack of quality in midfield, one 16 year old kid apart and you could overlook the fact that we left ourselves with one recognised striker for half the season and you could hold in a laugh at folk who say our best starting 11 would have finished top 3 had it been fit and available for all games.

So far we have addressed squad depth by increasing numbers. Only one of the signings so far has played the game anywhere near our desired level and even he is on the retirement slope. The rest will have to seriously step up in class if they are to be the ones to improve the team  So to say we’ve now got strength in depth might be a bit premature. Yes we have depth now, just more jerseys to wash if they aren’t any good though isn’t it ?

You seriously don’t think a starting lineup as below isn’t as good as Hibs, Rangers or Aberdeen’s first choice starting lineup:

McLaughlin

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Mitchell

Adao

Djoum

Cochrane

Milinkovic

Lafferty

Naismith

You are not the manager and thank the Lord for that.

You are desperate to keep the topic to last season while not knowing how these signings will work out next season.

Nor do I but we appear to be addressing our main shortcomings, especially pace.  Now could you answer the question I asked

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are desperate to keep the topic to last season while not knowing how these signings will work out next season.

Nor do I but we appear to be addressing our main shortcomings, especially pace.  Now could you answer the question I asked

Al - give it a rest man. None of us know intimately what terms players command. 

None of the players we have recruited appear to be world beaters but we seem to be heading in the right direction with more to follow 

The debate you are seeking here is never going to go anywhere 

rudi must stay
9 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Ive thought Shaughnessy was decent when I've  seen him, seems to be a good team player and a hard worker. I'd take him over any other St Johnstone centre back

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

You seriously don’t think a starting lineup as below isn’t as good as Hibs, Rangers or Aberdeen’s first choice starting lineup:

McLaughlin

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Mitchell

Adao

Djoum

Cochrane

Milinkovic

Lafferty

Naismith

Defensively fine. Up front fine. But that midfield would get its arse spanked most weeks and often did.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

McLaughlin

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Mitchell

Adao

Djoum

Cochrane

Milinkovic

Lafferty

Naismith

That's better than Rangers. 

A bit to go tho to get that, also we need options, last year our bench was scary, I remembering comparing it to Aberdeens, ours was a joke. 

We seem to have sorted that, but  to get near that above we need 3/4 quality players to stay/come back. 

jamtartan74
19 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Defensively fine. Up front fine. But that midfield would get its arse spanked most weeks and often did.

That midfield never lined up together so that’s just a guess on ur part. 

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Now now bully boy. Surely not time for another dressing down already is it ?  Another digital elbow in the puss so to speak ? You shuffled off for a week last time if I mind right .