DVB

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

I suspect Hearts are not looking for any money for Sammon. Most likely that Killie or Partick are unable to take on the terms of his current contract with us - hence we subsidise.  Probably fairly significantly - > 50%. That is probably likely to happen again in the summer for the final year of his deal. 

Probably spend next year at PT on loan with us picking up the wedge end of his terms 

Meanwhile we are an injury for Lafferty away from a striking crisis

Couldn't make it up quite honestly 

Doesn't seem littered with too much fact.

FWIW I think an injury to Lafferty would be less of a problem than an injury to Berra or Souttar.  An injury to McLaughlin would not be much of a laughing matter either unless Hamilton stormed back with new found brilliance after his stint in the reserves.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Doesn't seem littered with too much fact.

FWIW I think an injury to Lafferty would be less of a problem than an injury to Berra or Souttar.  An injury to McLaughlin would not be much of a laughing matter either unless Hamilton stormed back with new found brilliance after his stint in the reserves.

Just opinions Al. That is the whole point of this board 

You trying to police again I see 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Spencer said:

I suspect Hearts are not looking for any money for Sammon. Most likely that Killie or Partick are unable to take on the terms of his current contract with us - hence we subsidise.  Probably fairly significantly - > 50%. That is probably likely to happen again in the summer for the final year of his deal. 

Probably spend next year at PT on loan with us picking up the wedge end of his terms 

Meanwhile we are an injury for Lafferty away from a striking crisis

Couldn't make it up quite honestly 

Perhaps we should be more choosy who we give big salaries to so that we can move them on? Sammon was a waste of money from the outset and paying nearly £3K a week to someone just in case Kyle Lafferty gets crocked is bonkers.

3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I made an observation/opinion!

It's quite amazing that you make all these comments on a Sammon thread and (see bottom page 1) you would have him back.  If that's the case surely you cannot see it as a salary wasted!

Which is it?

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I made an observation/opinion!

It's quite amazing that you make all these comments on a Sammon thread and (see bottom page 1) you would have him back.  If that's the case surely you cannot see it as a salary wasted!

Which is it?

I'll leave you to trying to get a Mod job 

I have been busy at Tynecastle today enjoying the 98 rerun. Messrs Quitongo, Naysmith, Locke and Cameron were superb 

I'll duel with you some other time. Have a good evening 

6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Seems to just score penalties?

Partick have had eight penalties in their last eight games??

wattie exploited

he is still shit have you seen the goals he has scored all pretty shit ones !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I'll leave you to trying to get a Mod job 

I have been busy at Tynecastle today enjoying the 98 rerun. Messrs Quitongo, Naysmith, Locke and Cameron were superb 

I'll duel with you some other time. Have a good evening 

Oh dear

18 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he is still shit have you seen the goals he has scored all pretty shit ones !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate those shit goals... do they still only count as 0.5 of a goal?

Whether he's got 8 goals in 8 games at remains highly irrelevant to his time at Hearts mainly due to the fact he could come back to us and probably struggle to even hit the target 8 times in 8 games, never mind score.

He was utterly guff for us, and his form at Partick doesn't change that.

35 minutes ago, Erik said:

Whether he's got 8 goals in 8 games at remains highly irrelevant to his time at Hearts mainly due to the fact he could come back to us and probably struggle to even hit the target 8 times in 8 games, never mind score.

He was utterly guff for us, and his form at Partick doesn't change that.

Eight goals in eight games is irrelevant? Come on.

What makes you think he’d be shit at Hearts if he returned? 

Not necessarily aimed at you here Erik, but I can’t help getting the feeling there are some Hearts supporters getting more and more pissed off every time he adds another goal to his impressive run of form.

Writing him off as shit is both obtuse and churlish imo. 

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Eight goals in eight games is irrelevant? Come on.

What makes you think he’d be shit at Hearts if he returned? 

Not necessarily aimed at you here Erik, but I can’t help getting the feeling there are some Hearts supporters getting more and more pissed off every time he adds another goal to his impressive run of form.

Writing him off as shit is both obtuse and churlish imo. 

You've been a bit selective in what you've quoted there.

I said his current form is irrelevant to his time at Hearts. I'm sure its of massive relevance to Thistle fans, or maybe even to Hearts fans interested in what he's doing for his current team - but it simply doesn't re-write the history of his time as a Hearts player, during which he was guff.

8 in 8 for Thistle doesn't change the fact in 31 appearances in Maroon, he's amassed a total of 2 goals.

8 minutes ago, Erik said:

I said his current form is irrelevant to his time at Hearts. I'm sure its of massive relevance to Thistle fans, or maybe even to Hearts fans interested in what he's doing for his current team - but it simply doesn't re-write the history of his time as a Hearts player, during which he was guff.

8 in 8 for Thistle doesn't change the fact in 31 appearances in Maroon, he's amassed a total of 2 goals.

I wouldn’t say such a rich vein of form or irrelevant though, that’s my point. What it does, is indicate that he is potentially a very useful player for us, and it would be in our interests to try and figure out the best way to get that from him in a Hearts shirt, especially whilst he is on our payroll.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
10 minutes ago, Erik said:

This bang on the cash.

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I wouldn’t say such a rich vein of form or irrelevant though, that’s my point. What it does, is indicate that he is potentially a very useful player for us, and it would be in our interests to try and figure out the best way to get that from him in a Hearts shirt, especially whilst he is on our payroll.

You've, on numerous occasions in this thread alone, referred to Sammon as a 'goal a game striker' based purely on this recent run of form.

I'm quite happy to concede (as I have done so already btw) that his current run is an impressive one for Thistle.

But one good run does not a good 'goal a game striker' make.

I'll not insult your intelligence and ask you to translate 2 goals in 31 appearances in to a goals per game ratio, but lets just agree its nowhere near a goal a game.

He's having a good run. That's all it is though. It'll come to an end and he'll return to previous form - of that we can be pretty certain. I wouldnt like that return to coincide with a return to Hearts thanks very much.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:10, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye, because none of our support sing anti Catholic songs....

It could never be a problem for us?

A small bunch morons do sing anti Catholic songs.

It is a problem that needs eradicated.

The reason Sammon got pelters and is no longer at Hearts is because he played absolute SHITE.

Hope that clarifies.

22 hours ago, Spencer said:

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

A small bunch morons do sing anti Catholic songs.

It is a problem that needs eradicated.

The reason Sammon got pelters and is no longer at Hearts is because he played absolute SHITE.

Hope that clarifies.

He'd be an option ATM tho.

We don't have many strikers on our books.

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He'd be an option ATM tho.

We don't have many strikers on our books.

A different point....one that I have to regretfully agree with at present.

3 hours ago, Erik said:

You've, on numerous occasions in this thread alone, referred to Sammon as a 'goal a game striker' based purely on this recent run of form.

I'm quite happy to concede (as I have done so already btw) that his current run is an impressive one for Thistle.

But one good run does not a good 'goal a game striker' make.

I'll not insult your intelligence and ask you to translate 2 goals in 31 appearances in to a goals per game ratio, but lets just agree its nowhere near a goal a game.

He's having a good run. That's all it is though. It'll come to an end and he'll return to previous form - of that we can be pretty certain. I wouldnt like that return to coincide with a return to Hearts thanks very much.

The point I am making, is we could have done with his current run being in a Hearts top. He’s clearly capable of it, and it pisses me off that we are paying him to have it at a direct rival. Whatever the reason was for Conor not doing it here was, it needs addressed to ensure we are not making things more difficult for ourselves the next time we sign someone on good money and don’t get what he’s paid for out of him.

I think the part where we disagree, is what we think may be the reason for his lack of goals with us.

wattie exploited
23 hours ago, Ryder said:

Hate those shit goals... do they still only count as 0.5 of a goal?

a goal is a goal mate but his goals and like tap ins he aint really any good fair enough he is putting the ball in the net but he wouldnt get in the hearts team 

10 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

a goal is a goal mate but his goals and like tap ins he aint really any good fair enough he is putting the ball in the net but he wouldnt get in the hearts team 

I respectfully disagree, mate. :thumbsup:

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Ryder said:

I respectfully disagree, mate. :thumbsup:

he has only a year left on his contract so i think hearts will let him go at the end of the season hopefully lol !!!!!!!

Archived