DVB

4 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Haven’t read a single comment like that. Most of not all negative comments are about Sammon’s lack of ability or how it simply just didn’t work out for him at Hearts. You appear to be very precious about Sammon. There is no hatred for Sammon on a personal level. 

Both the comments I quoted can be found on this very thread. My claim about his performances being secondary to people when rating him are based on those comments. I never said there was “hatred” that’s your word. There was however contempt and ire shown towards him, booing him on to the pitch for example. There are plenty posts on this thread that support my opinion. Some posters/supporters put things other than what’s best for the team first.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was actually happy when we signed him and Watt to be honest but as you say others didnt fancy him. He was brought to Killie by JJ and recommend to us by Robbo, scored freely at Killie eventually. He also got caps for Ireland, maybe a minority didnt like him for that reason.

As you say good luck to him when he hopefully leaves this summer. 

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Why is that a ‘facepalm’? Loads of supporters sing anti-Irish and anti-Catholic songs. Seems a fair enough assumption that these supporters wouldn’t like someone who is both playing for us. 

45 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Why is that a ‘facepalm’? Loads of supporters sing anti-Irish and anti-Catholic songs. Seems a fair enough assumption that these supporters wouldn’t like someone who is both playing for us. 

He wasn't liked by Hearts fans simply because he was totally shite playing football at Hearts.  He was even ridiculed by Irish fans when he played for Eire - check out the previous massive thread on Sammon a few months back - it highlighted an article in a football magazine titled "TOP 15 WORST PLAYERS TO BE CAPPED BY THEIR COUNTRY"

Sammon came in at No 6!!

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Tbf I do feel that Sammon wasn't give a chance from the outset which was really poor. Whether that has anything to do with him being Irish hopefully is irrelevant. Regardless, very poor treatment of a player who is an absolute professional and didn't hide despite everything.

I think the Birkirkara game pretty much summed up his time with us. Not even close to being the worst player on the park, wins MoM and gets boo'd. Pretty shoddy imo.

I'm not saying Sammon is a particularly good player, Neilson shouldn't have signed him but others have said Levein wasn't willing to stop him - I assume to allow Neilson to build the squad he needed.  

Bungalow Bill

He wasn't liked by Hearts fans simply because he was totally shite playing football at Hearts.  He was even ridiculed by Irish fans when he played for Eire - check out the previous massive thread on Sammon a few months back - it highlighted an article in a football magazine titled "TOP 15 WORST PLAYERS TO BE CAPPED BY THEIR COUNTRY"

Sammon came in at No 6!!

:spoton:

Sammon came in at No 6!!

We have fans who sing songs about slashing Irish Catholics.

A poster suggested that a MINORITY of our fans may have disliked him because of his nationality.

Not a massive leap to see where he was coming from and sadly not deserving of a facepalm.

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

We have fans who sing songs about slashing Irish Catholics.

A poster suggested that a MINORITY of our fans may have disliked him because of his nationality.

Not a massive leap to see where he was coming from and sadly not deserving of a facepalm.

For you it certainly does not seem to be a massive leap - sadly you seem to jump on this type of agenda at every opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

For you it certainly does not seem to be a massive leap - sadly you seem to jump on this type of agenda at every opportunity.

How is it difficult for anyone to make the leap?

We have a group of supporters who sing songs about slashing Irish Catholics.

Another poster suggested that Conor’s nationality may have had a small part to play in why he was disliked before he’d been given much of a chance.

You posted a facepalm at the suggestion.

There’s nothing outlandish about what the guy posted. 

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

How is it difficult for anyone to make the leap?

We have a group of supporters who sing songs about slashing Irish Catholics.

Another poster suggested that Conor’s nationality may have had a small part to play in why he was disliked before he’d been given much of a chance.

You posted a facepalm at the suggestion.

There’s nothing outlandish about what the guy posted. 

Not difficult for you, that's for sure!   With all these bigoted and racists Hearts fans how can you possibly want to be associated with this Club??

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not difficult for you, that's for sure!   With all these bigoted and racists Hearts fans how can you possibly want to be associated with this Club??

Have you hit your head or something? You just keep answering with accusations, rather than addressing my point.

We have fans who sing songs about wading through the blood of freshly slashed Irish Catholics.

Another poster suggested Conor being an Irish Catholic May have played a small part in why he wasn’t given much of a chance.

You flung in a facepalm as though that was a totally outlandish claim.

It isn’t an outlandish claim.

Im trying really hard to make it as clear and simple as possible for you to understand here, Thomaso. If you don’t understand this time, I’ll maybe try and write it in lipstick on a sheet of glass for you, and post the photograph. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Have you hit your head or something? You just keep answering with accusations, rather than addressing my point.

We have fans who sing songs about wading through the blood of freshly slashed Irish Catholics.

Another poster suggested Conor being an Irish Catholic May have played a small part in why he wasn’t given much of a chance.

Im trying really hard to make it as clear and simple as possible for you to understand here, Thomaso. If you don’t understand this time, I’ll maybe try and write it in lipstick on a sheet of glass for you, and post the photograph. :thumbsup:

That's the 3rd time you've mentioned "slashed Irish Catholics" - I heard your amateur dramatics the previous times, thanks!

The debate here was regarding the football abilities of Sammon, however as usual you are quick to jump on the "bigot" agenda - the facepalm that you so object to wasn't even in response to a post of yours.

Sammon is no longer at Hearts NOT because he is an Irish Catholic - he is no longer at Hearts because he played absolutely shite football when he was here!

I hope that is clear and you can keep your lipstick - I hear you need it!  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

That's the 3rd time you've mentioned "slashed Irish Catholics" - I heard your amateur dramatics the previous times, thanks!

The debate here was regarding the football abilities of Sammon, however as usual you are quick to jump on the "bigot" agenda - the facepalm that you so object to wasn't even in response to a post of yours.

Sammon is no longer at Hearts NOT because he is an Irish Catholic - he is no longer at Hearts because he played absolutely shite football when he was here!

I hope that is clear and you can keep your lipstick - I hear you need it!  :thumbsup:

You’ve chucked it.

The Billy Boys is about slashing Irish Catholic immigrants. It’s sung vehemently by a reasonable sized group of Hearts fans.

The other poster suggested that a small part of Sammon’s unpopularity could be connected to his nationality.

You facepalmed.

Thats really all there is to my point, so I’m not sure why you are flapping about trying to divert me down a blind alley. 

Just now, Ryder said:

You’ve chucked it.

The Billy Boys is about slashing Irish Catholic immigrants. It’s sung vehemently by a reasonable sized group of Hearts fans.

The other poster suggested that a small part of Sammon’s unpopularity could be connected to his nationality.

You facepalmed.

Thats really all there is to my point, so I’m not sure why you are flapping about trying to divert me down a blind alley. 

I've chucked nothing!

I facepalmed because my initial reaction was - here we go again - another "bigot" connection made on yet another thread.

So you stop flapping about and answer the question I posed - with all these racist and bigoted Hearts fans you continually bang on about, how can you possibly associate yourself with this Club? 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I've chucked nothing!

I facepalmed because my initial reaction was - here we go again - another "bigot" connection made on yet another thread.

So you stop flapping about and answer the question I posed - with all these racist and bigoted Hearts fans you continually bang on about, how can you possibly associate yourself with this Club? 

Yes, and as I’ve pointed out, your facepalm was unmerited, as the poster proposed a perfectly valid suggestion. We do have ‘that element’ in our support.

I support Hearts because I’m an Edinburgh boy from a long line of Hearts supporters and it’s a big part of my life and has been since I was seven. **** all to do with how thick some of the other folk who happen to support them are. 

:bolt:

with the insults plz. :)

9 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yes, and as I’ve pointed out, your facepalm was unmerited, as the poster proposed a perfectly valid suggestion. We do have ‘that element’ in our support.

I support Hearts because I’m an Edinburgh boy from a long line of Hearts supporters and it’s a big part of my life and has been since I was seven. **** all to do with how thick some of the other folk who happen to support them are. 

:bolt:

with the insults plz. :)

Bully for you! :thumbsup:

No doubt when Sammon's contract comes to an end, we will see a story splashed all over the media that he says he failed at Hearts because he was boo'd by 16,000 'Billy Boys' in every game at Tynecastle - you can be his cheerleader on JKB.  ;) 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Bully for you! :thumbsup:

No doubt when Sammon's contract comes to and end, we will see a story splashed all over the media that he says he failed at Hearts because he was boo'd by 16,000 'Billy Boys' in every game at Tynecastle - you can be his cheerleader on JKB.  ;) 

Sigh... 

The fact is, too many Hearts "fans" hate women, gays, Jews,  Muslims, Catholics... It is in fact quite a sizeable minority of pathetic morons who embarrass us from Perth to Paisley. These idiots hate most of our black players and yet love anyone they think might enjoy "playing the flute". It has nothing to do with talent as these ******s couldn't recognise that Goncalves was one of the best players we had. Sammon's bald head and Dublin birth had him consigned to their virtual Auschwitz. Scum and unfortunately there are a few.

On 2/19/2018 at 08:27, SpruceBringsteen said:

He's absolute piss, lads.

"But he's scoring goals for some perennial relegation dodging dingle outfit!"

Aye, and so did John Sutton. Pro-tip: He was also absolute piss, lads.

Sometimes some players are good for one team and shit for another ... 

we cant recall him this season so because we can't get him now and he maybe a decent enough squad option I really don't think anyone would want to see him in a hearts shirt next season ... rather his wage is used for another player as he isn't the class of player that we want at the club 

The thing that irritated me most about Sammon was his failure to jump.  He never used his height to any great effect and gave the impression of not trying.

However that is in the past and since it is fairly obvious he has no future with us, the best thing that can happen is that he keeps slotting in the goals and that should lead to a bid from someone.

2 hours ago, rossmaroon said:

The fact is, too many Hearts "fans" hate women, gays, Jews,  Muslims, Catholics... It is in fact quite a sizeable minority of pathetic morons who embarrass us from Perth to Paisley. These idiots hate most of our black players and yet love anyone they think might enjoy "playing the flute". It has nothing to do with talent as these ******s couldn't recognise that Goncalves was one of the best players we had. Sammon's bald head and Dublin birth had him consigned to their virtual Auschwitz. Scum and unfortunately there are a few.

Not necessarily disagreeing with ur comments re the said players but how on earth do you know where these so called supporters hail from? 

Unless u have evidence of geographical location that's a bit of a piss poor comment tbf 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, rossmaroon said:

:cornette:

20 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Not necessarily disagreeing with ur comments re the said players but how on earth do you know where these so called supporters hail from? 

Unless u have evidence of geographical location that's a bit of a piss poor comment tbf 

What are you on about?

He didn't suggest anywhere that they might hail from.

8 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

What are you on about?

He didn't suggest anywhere that they might hail from.

Eh! 

He said a sizeable minority of fans who embarrass us from Perth to Paisley - I am questioning how he knows that the so called "fans" that were abusing goncalves and Sammon come from these areas 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Eh! 

He said a sizeable minority of fans who embarrass us from Perth to Paisley - I am questioning how he knows that the so called "fans" that were abusing goncalves and Sammon come from these areas 

I think he was referring to the Europe song.

Bazzas right boot
On 21/02/2018 at 10:17, Thomaso said:

Aye, because none of our support sing anti Catholic songs....

It could never be a problem for us?

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:03, Ryder said:

Keep us informed how busy the Royal is on a Saturday will you.

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Eight for eight. 

Shite... lucky... purple patch etc...

More than Dembele this season apparently.

One of the worst players to pull on the maroon in recent years, but we don't like him "cos hes irish likesay" :lol:

This place is bonkers man. The poster writing this nonsense is clearly the one with said issues.

8 hours ago, Ryder said:

Eight for eight. 

Shite... lucky... purple patch etc...

Great run of form for him. Does not take away from the fact ,that he didn’t do it for us. I would say it is a purple patch for him, and I wouldn’t have him back . 

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thistle fans desperate to keep him. Anyone there we'd swap him for??

Goal a game strikers who keep a run going for as long as Conor has don’t grow on trees. Don’t blame them.

On 23/02/2018 at 22:38, JamboAl said:

The thing that irritated me most about Sammon was his failure to jump.  He never used his height to any great effect and gave the impression of not trying.

However that is in the past and since it is fairly obvious he has no future with us, the best thing that can happen is that he keeps slotting in the goals and that should lead to a bid from someone.

Bet Ann loves it when she sees the names of Sammon, Martin and Noring when the salary run is being prepared 

She is perhaps also questioning how appropriate it is to send a few quid down to East Anglia on a regular basis, if that is logistically how we are participating 

28 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thistle fans desperate to keep him. Anyone there we'd swap him for??

I suspect Hearts are not looking for any money for Sammon. Most likely that Killie or Partick are unable to take on the terms of his current contract with us - hence we subsidise.  Probably fairly significantly - > 50%. That is probably likely to happen again in the summer for the final year of his deal. 

Probably spend next year at PT on loan with us picking up the wedge end of his terms 

Meanwhile we are an injury for Lafferty away from a striking crisis

Couldn't make it up quite honestly 

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Bet Ann loves it when she sees the names of Sammon, Martin and Noring when the salary run is being prepared 

She is perhaps also questioning how appropriate it is to send a few quid down to East Anglia on a regular basis, if that is logistically how we are participating 

Who mentioned Noring and Martin?  Are you deliberately trying to be negative or cause trouble?

Here are some of your insightful comments on this thread

Treated horrendously by morons in our support though

I particularly enjoyed it when we played Sutton 30 yards away from nearest teammate 

Maybe calm down before you shoot in yer kegs 

Is there any need for that?  It is disrespecting fellow Hearts supporters

Archived