Actual Capacity Please

rudeskaboyuk

Was at Hospitality today and Scot Wilson mentioned something in the passing like " It's nice to have a bigger capacity than Hibs now ".

Anyone else hear that ?  

I am sure Easter Road is 20,450 or so. 

So the question is do we have a bigger number than the 20,099 that was actually planned?

Should be fairly easy to work out if it's +/- Easter Road by adding up the dots on eticketing. Wouldn't be as simple as just counting however, as you'd need to work hospitality sections and disabled/carer seats. Might still be a little out, but I reckon you'd get it to within 50/100 seats of the actual number. 

I'll do it tomorrow if nobody else does or someone has a definitive number. 

Lucille's Thirsty

Our average attendance will always be bigger than Hibs though.  And our stadium pisses all over theirs.

Both of us should be applauded for the attendances we get.

The Future's Maroon

Does it actually matter?

Its not something that has ever bothered me.

Each to their own though!

700k a season extra revenue maybe more. 

Long term it'll be worth it. 

Number of seats is irrelevant if the place isn't maxed out every week. 

A very very quick guestimation looking at eticketing and previous given figures for each of the older stands, I get to ~20,050. 

I reckon the new stand has about ~1,400 more seats than the Wheatfield.

9 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Our average attendance will always be bigger than Hibs though.  And our stadium pisses all over theirs.

Both of us should be applauded for the attendances we get.

Interesting they got a higher attendance yesterday against St Johnstone than we got to open our new Main Stand 

Yet we have people on here who thought them winning the Scottish Cup was the most palatable outcome. Achieving their holy grail has galvanised them I'm afraid 

13 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Interesting they got a higher attendance yesterday against St Johnstone than we got to open our new Main Stand 

Yet we have people on here who thought them winning the Scottish Cup was the most palatable outcome. Achieving their holy grail has galvanised them I'm afraid 

We got a lot of fun out of their inability to win the cup. It's annoying they won it as i'll miss chanting the songs. Still if they'd had the balls they would have ended the hoodoo against us. We'll bounce back against that filth. 

I grew up in an era where their capacity was around 66,000 and ours around 55,000.

Didn't stop them being crap.  No sleepless nights worrying about it.

Hope ours is bigger though because it matters to users.net.

I honestly don't know. I assumed Hibs capacity was slightly bigger.

Assuming the following:

Wheatfield : 5900

Gorgie: 3400

Roseburn: 3500

That gives a capacity of 12,800 for the other 3 stands.

The main stand is 7 sections consisting of 37 rows with 28 seats.

37*28*7 = 7252. That takes us over 20,000.

However we have seats lost for media, where the dugouts are etc but then everyone does. The last derby at ER was a sellout at 20,165 but the ER capacity is supposedly more than this.

On the other hand we have blocks of seats (6 in each row) at each wing of the main stand which adds to the capacity. Ignoring any in the front tier (so just counting rows 11-37) that's another 324 seats on top of the 7252. These currently are not all being sold.

So overall I think we are a couple of hundred less than Hibs but should be comfortably over 20,000.

I appreciate I may have got my numbers wrong though. It is late.

Footballfirst

My current best guess is 19.667 plus wheelchair / carer / disabled places (approx 200).  There's also another 14 seats in each dugout, but I don't know if they count. 

It's certainly below 20,000.

But so what if it is.  The capacity is a minor issue unless you want to engage in a pissing contest.  So what if ER has a higher capacity. In my lifetime it always has had a higher capacity, so it's not worth worrying about now.  I'd be more interested in the number of occupied seats, rather than unoccupied.

At the end if the day it doesn't really matter.  What matters is that the new stand will be absolutely world class when it is completed.  That is evidenced by the 299 page thread on cretins.net. They wouldn't take such an interest I'f it was the cheap option they are saddled with due to their previous financial mismanagement.

Whatever the attendance will be it will be a world class attendance.

6 hours ago, Spencer said:

Watched sportscene last night and did wonder how the counting was done - full upper tier vacant and loads of empty seats around the whole ground. Thought 17k was overly optimistic 

Bungalow Bill
5 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

The main stand is 7 sections consisting of 37 rows with 28 seats.

Not all rows have 28 seats though, from row 11-15 the sections cut in at the walkways, so maybe 6 less in these rows. 

Who knows how many seats are in the middle section though, this is a mixture of press, family, directors and premium season ticket seats. 

Yiud thinkt he club would have have the capacity attendance at hand for those wanting to know. 

John Gentleman
5 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Not all rows have 28 seats though, from row 11-15 the sections cut in at the walkways, so maybe 6 less in these rows. 

Who knows how many seats are in the middle section though, this is a mixture of press, family, directors and premium season ticket seats. 

Yiud thinkt he club would have have the capacity attendance at hand for those wanting to know. 

The club would know, down to the last seat, for health and safety certification if nothing else.

7 hours ago, Spencer said:

Yes, but I don't think it's unrealistic to suggest that our attendance yesterdat would have been somewhat higher had the game been definitely confirmed as on more than a few hours before kick off.

I agree that Hibs support has been boosted, mainly on the back of the feel good factor. They were still nearly 3,500 short of a sell out on Saturday. But if it was us yesterday playing with the opportunity to be 2nd in the league by close of play - as they were on Saturday - I'd be pretty cobfident that we'd have sold out all the tickets available to us.

2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Yes, but I don't think it's unrealistic to suggest that our attendance yesterdat would have been somewhat higher had the game been definitely confirmed as on more than a few hours before kick off.

I agree that Hibs support has been boosted, mainly on the back of the feel good factor. They were still nearly 3,500 short of a sell out on Saturday. But if it was us yesterday playing with the opportunity to be 2nd in the league by close of play - as they were on Saturday - I'd be pretty cobfident that we'd have sold out all the tickets available to us.

3500 under capacity not a poor turn out yesterday in circumstances though? 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, JALBO said:

:spoton:

Thought there was 38 rows now anyway, no?

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

3500 under capacity not a poor turn out yesterday in circumstances though? 

I think the circumstances were pretty exceptional. Those of us that could make it did. Those that couldn't - I imagine quite a number who may need to have confirmed travel plans a lot sooner - didn't.  Others may have found they couldn't get there by 1pm when we were told the ticket office would close. Seeing how slow sales were all week and then how they took off late on Friday told the story of yesterday's attendance for me.

8 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

I dont see it even being 20,000

The club's application was for 20,099 and I expect that to be correct at the end of all the work phases.

I think Easter Road's advertised capacity is 20,420.

22 minutes ago, His name is said:

I've been told that the capacity is 20,208. 

I can't see it based on the stand capacities as we understand them.  I think we would also need a new licence if it exceeds our 20,099 application.

I asked yesterday why the crowd was lower than that of murrayfield over the games played there and got shot down for it. Still havent had an answer.

12 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I asked yesterday why the crowd was lower than that of murrayfield over the games played there and got shot down for it. Still havent had an answer.

Because there were more away fans to boost the number.

Killie and St Johnstone brought 1,200 odd.

Partick only brought 550 or so yesterday.

15 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Cheaper tickets

18 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Apart from the enourmous support rangers and aberdeen brought the Murrayfield package did appeal to a lot of families and I dare say a few neutrals might have seen it as something with going to also. Murrayfield experience and all that.

Plus the tickets and mini season ticket was well priced.

All roads lead to Gorgie
22 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I think the product on the pitch is a major cause as no one leaves a game with any feel good factor anymore and the next game doesn't get the juices flowing all that much.

There may be slightly more than 20K seats but we're surely only ever going to get that figure for Cat A games when we give H1b5, Sevco and Celtic the full Roseburn stand?

It appears to me that the way we segregate home and away fans for Cat B games must take away at least a couple of hundred seats, which obviously means that  the MAX attendance at these games will always be less than 20K? It follows that, if/when our home support becomes big enough to limit H1b5, Sevco and Celtic to a couple of sections,  then we're NEVER going to have crowds in excess of 20K. Maybe some of the dot counters can confirm.

Don't think it matters greatly one way or t'other as we now have a stadium that we are proud of and is the envy of most other clubs in this country. All we need now is a team fit to play there.

9 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Does it actually matter?

Its not something that has ever bothered me.

Each to their own though!

think it matters because whoever has the bigger capacity is more likely to host Scottish internationals, semis etc so could be a revenue stream 

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Musemic said:

There may be slightly more than 20K seats but we're surely only ever going to get that figure for Cat A games when we give H1b5, Sevco and Celtic the full Roseburn stand?

It appears to me that the way we segregate home and away fans for Cat B games must take away at least a couple of hundred seats, which obviously means that  the MAX attendance at these games will always be less than 20K? It follows that, if/when our home support becomes big enough to limit H1b5, Sevco and Celtic to a couple of sections,  then we're NEVER going to have crowds in excess of 20K. Maybe some of the dot counters can confirm.

Don't think it matters greatly one way or t'other as we now have a stadium that we are proud of and is the envy of most other clubs in this country. All we need now is a team fit to play there.

I still think it might be a bit galling to see the Roseburn filled with away fans but we have to maximise our income in order to put a decent team on the pitch that will get the home fans excited. If we have a team that is really competitive in cat a games the home stands will be noisy enough to make the noise from the away end minimal anyway. The big picture is we need a far better team and we have to use as many seats as is possible to achieve that goal.

1 hour ago, bigcoll said:

think it matters because whoever has the bigger capacity is more likely to host Scottish internationals, semis etc so could be a revenue stream 

Don't think a few hundreds seats will matter, it will be shared around

2 hours ago, VALDOS said:

Probably because we didn't wait until 18 hours prior to kick off to tell people the Murrayfield games were on!!

Lucille's Thirsty
15 hours ago, Spencer said:

All of us should stop nick picking about their attendance the reality is when both teams are doing well we both have great crowds for the type of clubs we are.

When one of us is doing poorly I think we have a the more loyal fan base than Hibs as where they do poorly their crowds dwindle, as with ours they stay the same.

Hibs attendance was about 30 - 40 people more than ours on Sunday I’m sure.

19 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

All of us should stop nick picking about their attendance the reality is when both teams are doing well we both have great crowds for the type of clubs we are.

When one of us is doing poorly I think we have a the more loyal fan base than Hibs as where they do poorly their crowds dwindle, as with ours they stay the same.

Hibs attendance was about 30 - 40 people more than ours on Sunday I’m sure.

They weren't opening a new stand though 

7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

We will have over 18000 there on Saturday.

I will be there, I take it ticket office in new stand?

16 hours ago, Spencer said:

Hibs announced over 17,054 at the game.

I watched the second half on Alba and the South Stand top tier was closed. St Johnstone had circa 500 there and there looked to be a similar number of Hibs fans.

That means 3,000 empty seats. The were huge gaps in both the East stand and Famous Five stands that would have to have been packed to achieve the 17,000. No danger there was more than 15,000 there.

To achieve our 17,000 attendance we would have to have had 3,000 empty seats. It certainly didn't look like that from where I was sitting in the new stand although I couldn't see the end sections of the Gorgie so maybe there was?

4 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Hibs announced over 17,054 at the game.

I watched the second half on Alba and the South Stand top tier was closed. St Johnstone had circa 500 there and there looked to be a similar number of Hibs fans.

That means 3,000 empty seats. The were huge gaps in both the East stand and Famous Five stands that would have to have been packed to achieve the 17,000. No danger there was more than 15,000 there.

To achieve our 17,000 attendance we would have to have had 3,000 empty seats. It certainly didn't look like that from where I was sitting in the new stand although I couldn't see the end sections of the Gorgie so maybe there was?

Guestimation: probably ~2000 free seats in the Roseburn. Not hard to make up the rest, especially w/a lot of hospitality unsold. Add in the unsold restricted view seats and I think it’s (20k fig) is about right. 

59 minutes ago, Spencer said:

And their game wasn't in doubt up to the morning of the game  and are sitting  3rd in the league playing decent football by all account. 

Yesterday!s crowd stacked up pretty well all things considered, the fans have probably been the one other positive along with the stadium redevelopment . 

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

You're right, they weren't. That's why, as Rudolf has already alluded, there was at least 2000 less at ER....regardless of what figure they printed.

I like to think that we haven't yet released a figure because there are still things to move around, like the control box, and we don't want to come up with a final figure until it is indeed final. It's the only non-tin foil hat explanation I can think of.

41 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We will find out the capacity when we host the wee team in the cup.

I like your positivity. ?

8 hours ago, bigcoll said:

Rubbish

Archived