Actual Capacity Please

rudeskaboyuk

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I like your positivity. ?

Well, the away end should sell out, similarly with hospitality. The police control box should be cut back so that the restricted view seats are no longer restricted.

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

They weren't opening a new stand though 

Not like you to stick up for the hibs against your?????? Club.  Total joke of a troll

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Not like you to stick up for the hibs against your?????? Club.  Total joke of a troll

Cheers. I've sat in the Wheatfield since it was built my friend. 

I want to see us improve and compete. I won't accept failure and mediocrity willingly.  If criticism is required then I will offer it. 

I don't boo or shout abuse at games. I try to be constructive and have real concern about our direction on the pitch at present.  

We all express it in different ways I guess. Think what you like about me - put me on ignore like others have boldly proclaimed elsewhere today. But be assured I'm a Hearts fan through and through 

I do find it intriguing that I can be addressed on here in a manner which would be wholly unacceptable for other posters 

Strange 

Fair enough Spencer but people like you and I8 seem to revel in negativity.  No surprise that I8 starts a thread today about Hearts being top of the ill discipline league.

We have to be realists and everyone knows our performances on the park have been largely dire for 2 years now but just moaning and being negative is depressing.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fair enough Spencer but people like you and I8 seem to revel in negativity.  No surprise that I8 starts a thread today about Hearts being top of the ill discipline league.

We have to be realists and everyone knows our performances on the park have been largely dire for 2 years now but just moaning and being negative is depressing.

A troll's a troll. It's a bit like reading the Record and expecting it to be pro-Hearts. A pointless exercise. 

Lucille's Thirsty
6 hours ago, Spencer said:

They weren't opening a new stand though 

Did they sell out first game in front of new stand and who cares anyway.

Just now, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Did they sell out first game in front of new stand and who cares anyway.

Exactly who cares.  Would have been nice to sell out though 

Maybe Saturday 

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, Spencer said:

Maybe Saturday 

Did you expect us to sell out against Partick on Sunday? I certainly didn’t. 

The upheavel before the game didn’t help but once we play the big games it’ll be rammed and a magificent sight for our club.

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

We will find out the capacity when we host the wee team in the cup.

Will there not be more seats available later in the season , i.e. When the temporary tunnel is done away with ? 

4 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Did you expect us to sell out against Partick on Sunday? I certainly didn’t. 

The upheavel before the game didn’t help but once we play the big games it’ll be rammed and a magificent sight for our club.

Circumstances didn't help. Thought it would have been higher in view of opening though 

It will be some place when it's rocking. Hopefully the 19th January is one such occasion 

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Will there not be more seats available later in the season , i.e. When the temporary tunnel is done away with ? 

The Wheatfield tunnel is staying as far as I'm aware.  Only 24 seats were lost because of it.

Bridge of Djoum
19 hours ago, Spencer said:

3500 under capacity not a poor turn out yesterday in circumstances though? 

Hiya Spencer, Hiya pal.

Anything positive at all to say about the club? 

Anything??

scott herbertson
9 hours ago, Spencer said:

Maybe Saturday 

We have absolutely  no chance of selling out next Saturday

Any chance  we be saved from the tedium of posts saying how pathetic it is we haven’t sold out, when we all know now we won’t sell out? 

23 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

We have absolutely  no chance of selling out next Saturday

Any chance  we be saved from the tedium of posts saying how pathetic it is we haven’t sold out, when we all know now we won’t sell out? 

Whatever would serve you best 

bigis semiauskas
14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Well, the away end should sell out, similarly with hospitality. The police control box should be cut back so that the restricted view seats are no longer restricted.

FF, last 2 rows at either end are badly restricted. Cutting back police box at gorgie end will make it better but check our view in section N on main stand thread. 

Last 2 rows should be a lot cheaper imo. 

gorgie rd eh11
On 11/19/2017 at 23:53, Spencer said:

Interesting they got a higher attendance yesterday against St Johnstone than we got to open our new Main Stand 

Yet we have people on here who thought them winning the Scottish Cup was the most palatable outcome. Achieving their holy grail has galvanised them I'm afraid 

There's no chance there was 17000 at easter road on Saturday.

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Whatever would serve you best 

Apologies if if that sounded tetchy but selling out category B home games just isn’t going to happen unless we have a big upturn in form. 17000 would be a great crowd for Saturday

We had 15,470 against them last time we played them when we were on a similar run of form last year

Section G The Place To Be

I thought 17,000 on Sunday wasn’t too bad considering the absolute dross we’re having to endure at the moment, considering CL is still in charge and more importantly considering the uncertainty right up until the night before even. I reckon we’re the only club outside the bigot sisters that have the loyal fan base to pull in those numbers under all those circumstances. 

Ive no doubt whatsoever had the wee team or Aberdeen been in our situation they would have been doing well to break 10k at a game against the same opposition. 

I’ve sat in the Wheatfield for a decade or so, does that mean I’m allowed to hint at fraudulent and nefarious activity from the Hearts board too? Or can you only infer these things if you’ve sat there since it was built?

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I’ve sat in the Wheatfield for a decade or so, does that mean I’m allowed to hint at fraudulent and nefarious activity from the Hearts board too? Or can you only infer these things if you’ve sat there since it was built?

My grandfather and his chums used to chunter on about that back in the 60s ( “there’s never 8000 here the day!”).

I think it’s a Scottish thing whereby the default position is that those in positions of power are “at it”, and if we can’t see how, they are “pulling the wool over our eyes”.

24 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Apologies if if that sounded tetchy but selling out category B home games just isn’t going to happen unless we have a big upturn in form. 17000 would be a great crowd for Saturday

We had 15,470 against them last time we played them when we were on a similar run of form last year

No worries. 17,000 is a good crowd at home to Partick and would be so against Ross County as you state 

I just felt we might get more than that figure for opening of new stand, albeit there was extenuating circumstances on Sunday 

scott herbertson
Just now, Spencer said:

No worries. 17,000 is a good crowd at home to Partick and would be so against Ross County as you state 

I just felt we might get more than that figure for opening of new stand, albeit there was extenuating circumstances on Sunday 

Yes, I thought we’d get a few more (I predicted between 17 and 18 thousand).

the novelty effect has gone for most now though, so wthe only way to get people in will be the goods on the park. ATM I would say 16,000 on Saturday

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I was merely responding to someone who stated I was a Hibs fan 

I have never stated any fraudulent activity and have been at pains to state that I have never alleged any impropriety.  

Thanks for your snide comments nonetheless :thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

There's no chance there was 17000 at easter road on Saturday.

Didn't appear to be based on clips on Sportscene 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

I was merely responding to someone who stated I was a Hibs fan 

I have never stated any fraudulent activity and have been at pains to state that I have never alleged any impropriety.  

Thanks for your snide comments nonetheless :thumbsup:

You have some cheek suggesting anybody is snide. Your behaviour and innuendos about Budge and her relationships with Craig Leven and her brother are so far beyond those of a decent person. I’ll leave it at that as my true feelings towards you would see me banned.

For what its worth, the first league match at ER following the opening of their new stand was V Rangers (RIP).

The attendance was 17,145

6 minutes ago, sandyk said:

For what its worth, the first league match at ER following the opening of their new stand was V Rangers (RIP).

The attendance was 17,145

Assume that would mean 4K Rangers fans.

Please excuse me if this has been answered already, but why would we be leaving the temp tunnel in place permanently with the potential loss of around 24 premium view seats when we have issues with some of the seats in the new stand having a somewhat restricted view? That seems bonkers to me!

16 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

But what do you expect me to do? Bury my head in the sand?  This team that Craig built is not fit for purpose kiwidoug. I really struggle to find any positives about these players and the gutless team they are.  I will simply not come on here and get excited about shiney stands and LGBT coloured laces as this is football ffs. The bottom line is winning and not only are Levein's losers failing in that they are failing to even compete. You can sit and happy clap, I respect your right to do so but I live in the real world and our club from a football point of view stinks and stinks real bad.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

My grandfather and his chums used to chunter on about that back in the 60s ( “there’s never 8000 here the day!”).

I think it’s a Scottish thing whereby the default position is that those in positions of power are “at it”, and if we can’t see how, they are “pulling the wool over our eyes”.

It was the other way round then. In the 60s the clubs were routinely accused of understating the crowd (all walk-up cash in these days and declaring a low attendence meant the tax authorities weren't expecting as much tax)

1 minute ago, davieholt said:

It was the other way round then. In the 60s the clubs were routinely accused of understating the crowd (all walk-up cash in these days and declaring a low attendence meant the tax authorities weren't expecting as much tax)

Easier to do when 90% of people paid cash to get in. 

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, jambo-fletch said:

So no one actually knows yet?

The capaciry stated in the planning application was 20099 I think.

However it depends what you mean by capacity.

To give you an example AFC Wimbledon had 6000 seats in their ground when they were in the conference . Had the not done ground improvements to create separate exit and entry for away fans through opening up a side path, then the maximum thetpy would have been allowed to sell would have been 4,800.

there is no such thing as ‘official capacity’ as far as I am aware. The clubs are effectively permitted to sell the number of seats deemed safe to sit in through the granting of safety certificates. That number will vary depending on whether it’s category A , B whether the control is still there. We also won’t sell a number of seats because of visiting guests (including pipe bands etc) and press etc. 

So the number of seats sold will be different from the number of seats actually there.

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, davieholt said:

Thats what I meant (as in there are more people there than the club is saying)

5 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes, I thought we’d get a few more (I predicted between 17 and 18 thousand).

the novelty effect has gone for most now though, so wthe only way to get people in will be the goods on the park. ATM I would say 16,000 on Saturday

A few more? 2 more and you would have been correct.  ;)

Archived