Favourite Derby Apart from 1-5

jake

ming the merciless

Brilliant, brilliant thread. In chronological order:

1/ 1973 - 4-1, derby after the 0-7. By Christ, that felt good!

2/ 1983 - 32, first derby for 4 years and possibly my favourite - Oliver’s at about 10 o’clock that night; awesome!

3/ 1994 - 2-1, “and his black and white cat”

4/ 2000 - 4-4, phenonomal game of football, their coupons at the end!

5/ 2014 - “dinnae shoot, ya daft *******.....oh, ya ****er!”

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be good to hear memories of the night Phil Stamp checked in for business. Anyone on JKB 'down at the front' for those celebrations?

Found this nice montage of last-minute moments of bliss on YouTube as well. Skacel, jeez his left peg sent the ball goalward like a bullet. The keeper had no chance to even attempt to save it. 

As a man of 40+ years there are many many to choose from but i have to say my favourite was the 2 1 game at san giro when Callum scored 2 identical headers. At that point we were already down they had come to us a few weeks earlier hoping to put us down and the reality was after that game they were done and heading down with us it was glorious. Even at our lowest point we were the big team!! 

Too many to choose from

4-4

5-1 Devries

Fozzy at ER

Stampy at ER

Oz at ER

Zal at ER for their league cup party game

After listing those I’m now looking forward to Tuesday. 

Stephane Grappelli
15 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

In robbos bar watching 0-0 game away when mixu missed last min pen by chipping it over the bar.   Loved that moment but felt ill few mins before when kick was given.    

Pub went mental with celebratios

I was at that game, reduced allocation because they were building a new stand.  Was almost like celebrating a goal when he missed.

So many to choose from but one of my personal favourites was 15th October 2006. 2-0 down after 15 minutes or so we looked like we would get a doing.  Fortunately they had zibi in goals and velicka pulled one back before miko saw red.  Zibi then helped velicka get the equaliser and the whole hearts support sang "2-0 and you f#$@$d it up". Brilliant day

HeartsInMyBlood

My 2 most memorable are both at ER: the cup game with Fozzy on the fence and the first game after 'the takeover' with the pitch invasion / urban legend of police asking us not to score....the atmosphere at both was amazing.

Archived