Go and get Tommy Wright

rick witter

Pay the compensation and go and get the man who is proven in this league and gets results time and again with a fraction of our budget.

We need experienced guys in charge and that is even more evident after today. He would also get a rocket up our underachieving players

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Special Agent Dale Cooper

Hes the right man, but doubt we would pay the compensation that the Sainties would demand.

Doubt he would want the job.

He would if Levein was emptied. Absolutely no need for us to have a DOF but not a proper manager. Absolutely mad.

Jambof3tornado

Hes the right man, but doubt we would pay the compensation that the Sainties would demand.

Difference in a few league places would pay the compensation easily.

Don't think he could work with Levein If I'm being honest.

Tell you what though, he squeezes everything he can out of his sides - clearly the players play for him.  

Hibs thought Butcher was the right man. Wright has no expectations so doesn't have the same level of pressure from the stands. 

I'd be very hesitant. 

Winston Ingram

Hibs thought Butcher was the right man. Wright has no expectations so doesn't have the same level of pressure from the stands.

I'd be very hesitant.

This. Plus he has no record at all with development of young players and St Johnstone's style of play is eye bleeding. Wright isn't the answer.

Wasn't sure about TW before but we could do a hell of a lot worse.

Only 'proven' manager in this league bar McInnes that can deliver top 4.

I don't know what he needs to do for people to rate him - win the treble? Get him in and give him the backing to make signings. Why do we think we have to be cleverer?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Difference in a few league places would pay the compensation easily.

I totally agree, if I were in charge I wouldn't hesitate.

Whether we go for Wright or not the stark differences between how a tiny club like St Johnstone and the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, Hearts, are being run in terms of the football side is unbelievable. 

Whilst St Johnstone squeeze every last drop from their meagre resources, and remember they struggle to get 3000 home fans through the doors, we, with our 14,000 ST holders and 8000 FoH subscribers flounder around in such an incompetent and abysmal manner it is completely bewildering. We are a total shambles on the pitch.

As a club we are massively underachieving. We have no clue how to recruit players on a consistent basis, we sign bunches of players who are no better than what we already have, we have some totally ludicrous and unworkable footballing setup which is completely unnecessary for a club of our size and will never be a success and we constantly fail to utilise our resources thus handicapping and self harming ourselves. St Johnstone have a structure and do everything to give the best opportunity to their manager to succeed. We have lost all sense of what is even best for the club.

The next few days will tell us everything about Ann Budge and whether she has any clue whatsoever as to how to turn around the football side of things.

This. Plus he has no record at all with development of young players and St Johnstone's style of play is eye bleeding. Wright isn't the answer.

Apparently the Saints invest very little in youth development - they were saying that on the radio today.  

I think they gave a debut to a young defender today as it happens - Wright also brought through Stevie May.

William H. Bonney

He would if Levein was emptied. Absolutely no need for us to have a DOF but not a proper manager. Absolutely mad.

I didn't mean because of Levein. Why would he want to leave a team playing well to manage a cluster **** like hearts.

He's got it made in Perth.

It wasn't very eye bleeding when they tore us up for arsepaper at Tynecastle a while back, Winston.

One thing is for sure, we cannot carry on with the same 'model. We are not a feckin college for head coaches.

We are the third biggest club in the country and should act accordingly.

It also isn't as eye bleeding as our football over the last year or so.

Winston Ingram

Apparently the Saints invest very little in youth development - they were saying that on the radio today.

I think they gave a debut to a young defender today as it happens - Wright also brought through Stevie May.

The same May who made his debut eight years ago? See D McInnes.

Whether they invest a lot or not isn't really relevant.. it's a big part of what Hearts are doing. One of many things we need from a head coach is a strong track record with kids. Otherwise our own academy funding is a waste of time.

I don't know what he needs to do for people to rate him - win the treble? Get him in and give him the backing to make signings. Why do we think we have to be cleverer?

Exactly, as the great man in my avatar said,

"Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is."

TW clearly knows how to win football matches in this league.

Winston Ingram

It wasn't very eye bleeding when they tore us up for arsepaper at Tynecastle a while back, Winston.

One thing is for sure, we cannot carry on with the same 'model. We are not a feckin college for head coaches.

We are the third biggest club in the country and should act accordingly.

The only games I remember against Saints in recent years, particularly up there, have been horrible.

Not denying we need a big shake up and Wright has done a fine job but it's a totally different scenario. I'd confidently predict our fans would be screaming about being served up shite pretty quickly.

Gave a young guy his debut today....at Parkhead, shoots that theory out the water

I'd argue that our development of young players doesn't stand up to much scrutiny either!

The same May who made his debut eight years ago? See D McInnes.

Whether they invest a lot or not isn't really relevant.. it's a big part of what Hearts are doing. One of many things we need from a head coach is a strong track record with kids. Otherwise our own academy funding is a waste of time.

According to the radio today, it was Wright that brought his game time through.

Just checked and it would seem May was out on loan a few times and became a regular at Saints when Wright was appointed in summer 2013.

Why would we turn our noses up at him? He's done a great, and consistent job with saints. He's not my favoured choice,but then again I'm becoming so disillusioned with this recruitment process I don't know who is.

To perhaps go against the grain of many,I don't particularly care if a manager brings in youngsters. I want to see the team win. If that's with 11 27 year olds that came from elsewhere,as long as we are winning I don't care.

Tell you what though, he squeezes everything he can out of his sides - clearly the players play for him.

Easy solution. Get rid of Levein

...a bit disco

Reckon it's one of those 'perfect fit manager/club' situations up there.

Possibly not as successful managing away from Perth.

According to the radio today, it was Wright that brought his game time through.

Just checked and it would seem May was out on loan a few times and became a regular at Saints when Wright was appointed in summer 2013.

May went on loan to Alloa and banged then in.

Then went on loan to Hamilton and banged them in.

Think he realised that he had to improve physically to play at the top and did a power of work himself to do that. Read an article once that he shared a flat with a personal trainer and they worked together on his fitness and strength.

Love this guys attitude. He's determined to be the best player he can be.

So....

Who?

Over Tommy Wright I would take Csaba or Sergio.

And I've justified those picks on 3 other threads including another 5 minutes ago on the Csaba thread. I can't be ****ed doing it again.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Gave a young guy his debut today....at Parkhead, shoots that theory out the water

What, because he gave one player some game time? :lol:

Personally I don't think Wright would be a good fit for us.

Over Tommy Wright I would take Csaba or Sergio.

And I've justified those picks on 3 other threads including another 5 minutes ago on the Csaba thread. I can't be ****ed doing it again.

Don't have to justify anything to me. Fair do's. :2thumbsup:

Michael Stewart (I think) just said on Off the Ball that Wright told him this week that he wouldn't work under the current Hearts structure.

Michael Stewart (I think) just said on Off the Ball that Wright told him this week that he wouldn't work under the current Hearts structure.

That will be that then.

I had someone on here trying to tell me we'd finish above st Johnstone this season :lol:

As for Wright he wouldn't want Levein looking over his shoulder, Levein could learn from him though.

Yes, just heard that..... Looking and feeling like its Daly....

I await for folk calling him a slaver and an arsehole now.

Not keen on TW at all. Don't get the hype whatsover. If it was to be anyone from this league thats realistic i'd be wanting Jim McIntyre.

See there is a silver lining if you look hard enough for it !!

I had someone on here trying to tell me we'd finish above st Johnstone this season :lol:

As for Wright he wouldn't want Levein looking over his shoulder, Levein could learn from him though.

That's how bad it has got at our club mate. St Johnstone are a far better team than us. They don't ten over that many players and all the players in their side want to win for he manager.

I would pay the compensation for him and get him in tomorrow if it was up to me.

We will probably appoint another puppet and be looking for another manager and a whole team of players gain in six months. We are becoming a laughing stock

AuldReekie444

I await for folk calling him a slaver and an arsehole now.

Michael Stewart is a slaver and an arsehole.

John mcCartney

Not keen on TW at all. Don't get the hype whatsover. If it was to be anyone from this league thats realistic i'd be wanting Jim McIntyre.

tommy wright,last manager to beat septic in the league and also gained an invaluable point at darkheid there today

not even mcinnes with the sheep`s budget can match that shit

clearly a manager that hmfc should have in their thoughts

I'm getting bored of our one touch 20 pass moves right enough.

That will be that then.

What? No, we change the structure to accommodate a proper manager. Assure him that Levein has been shunted sideways. It's not difficult.

Armadale Jambo

Tommy Wright is definitely the right man. No doubt about it.

Hartley, Elvis, Daly - no feckin chance.

Archived