The offishul come on Rosenberg thread...

Psychedelicropcircle

Damn I thought that only happened in the round that gets you into the group stages.

Its only if you get knocked out in first round you lose out totally I think

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champions League drop outs this round go into the Europa league Play off round

not being nasty but why do you spend time on here when your club has a game in less than 24 hrs ?

Griffiths is available for the next game barring injury as he only had a one game ban. Don't know if Dembele will be fit in time.

What I find strange is that they only have two strikers in their squad. With the money they have, you'd think they'd have at least one more good option to call on at times like this. Could have just cost them an absolute fortune.

Dembele is definitely out next week. They are saying September return.

Though might be sold by then anyway

Pundits on BBC saying that very thing on only 2 strikers

Its only if you get knocked out in first round you lose out totally I think

Nearly.

The hooped demons went into the competition at the 2nd QR.

They are now at the 3rd QR stage which gets you a berth in the Europa if you lose.

IveSeenTheLight

not being nasty but why do you spend time on here when your club has a game in less than 24 hrs ?

Because the game is tomorrow.

Bit early to head down to Pittodrie at the moment.

Will be going there after work tomorrow.

Nearly.

The hooped demons went into the competition at the 2nd QR.

They are now at the 3rd QR stage which gets you a berth in the Europa if you lose.

Cheers so 1st or 2nd round you go out then

Because the game is tomorrow.

Bit early to head down to Pittodrie at the moment.

Will be going there after work tomorrow.

just thought it strange .No problem cos my son,daughter in law ,and my beloved grandchildren live in Westhill,

IveSeenTheLight

just thought it strange .No problem cos my son,daughter in law ,and my beloved grandchildren live in Westhill,

Very nice.

Hope the weins grows up to support their local team ;)

Quandary - I'll be in Trondheim next week. Our apartment is a stone's throw from the Rosenborg stadium (if you could throw a stone a mile and a half :lol: ).

Rosenborg website seems to have tickets available.

Do I go? Or do I avoid it like the plague?

I hope Rosenberg is a friendly sort of place. Having just learned all about the ethics and values held by Celtic I'd hate to think anything unpleasant could happen to any of their supporters.

Given that they dominated the first leg I'm going 5-0 home win.

Marcus_Barkus

Game is 50-50 at the moment.

If Celtic decide to get a loan in the door tomorrow or Friday then it could tip the balance back in their favour.

Celtic looked very static with nobody willing to make a run in behind or risk loosing the ball.  If Griffiths is not available I can see them struggling again.

It's difficult to break down 10 guys defending just outside their own penalty box.  Heck, an average rangers team showed us that with disapline you can make it to a European final doing exactly that.

I still don't believe that Rosenborg are any great shakes, they are match fit and well drilled.  That really is about it.  They struggled to beat Dundalk.  

The biggest problem Rosenborg will have in the second leg is they will actually have to try and play football, instead of parking the bus.  They showed against Dundalk that when they are more open they weak at the back.  This will obviously leave gaps which Celtic will need to exploit.

Very nice.

Hope the weins grows up to support their local team ;)

Slightly off topic but Dons are looking strong this season despite some key departures.

What's the mood with the support - confident of 2nd?

IveSeenTheLight

Slightly off topic but Dons are looking strong this season despite some key departures.

What's the mood with the support - confident of 2nd?

It's far too early in the season to know where all the teams are at and the transfer window is not shut yet.

I would not say confident, but we look to be in a good position to retain 2nd spot.

Despite the departure of some key players, I actually think we will score more than last year.

Our defence is our weakest area though. A lot may depend on how Arnasan settles into the side and how Harvie may develop and get an opportunity. I think we could do with another defender, but that's probably unlikely with all the talk of bringing in another striker.

What about Hearts? What's your expectations this year?

I think Hearts have recruited some key players for you and will depend on their ability to stay in the team ( no injuries etc).

I'd say you look to have a decent starting 11, but not sure your options from the bench.

I really do hope you have a great season and help to push SevCo down a spot or too.

The Treasurer

Champions League drop outs this round go into the Europa league Play off round

Is it really possible for them (UEFA) to devalue the Europa League any further ?

Teams that lose in a QUALIFYING round in one competition drop into another as a seeded team.

Meanwhile teams that have won their way through 3 tough rounds will have to take their chances in the draw.

The sooner UEFA get their way and make the CL a wee closed shop for the benefit of the TV companies the better, then there might be a chance of turning the EL back into a proper European competition

Is it really possible for them (UEFA) to devalue the Europa League any further ?

Teams that lose in a QUALIFYING round in one competition drop into another as a seeded team.

Meanwhile teams that have won their way through 3 tough rounds will have to take their chances in the draw.

The sooner UEFA get their way and make the CL a wee closed shop for the benefit of the TV companies the better, then there might be a chance of turning the EL back into a proper European competition

You're forgetting that the Europa League is just a season long qualifying competition for the next seasons Champions League...

Dalstonjambo

Quandary - I'll be in Trondheim next week. Our apartment is a stone's throw from the Rosenborg stadium (if you could throw a stone a mile and a half :lol: ).

Rosenborg website seems to have tickets available.

Do I go? Or do I avoid it like the plague?

I went to Helsinki most weeks for work a few years back. I was there when Celtic played HJK Helsinki and had the same quandry, perhaps even worse as I actually went to a few games whilst I was over there so grew fond of HJK.

Decided to go, and was treated to the sight of hundreds of them falling about hammered. Also a few of the party songs on the way to the ground. Was horrendous. However if they were to lose.....

The Treasurer

You're forgetting that the Europa League is just a season long qualifying competition for the next seasons Champions League...

Sadly you're not wrong.

When the Mancs looked like missing out on the top 4 in the EPL all they talked about was "qualifying for the CL via the Europa League"

They hardly ever mentioned the fact that they were trying to actually win a trophy

Personally I'll wish Aberdeen good luck tonight and I hope Celtic go through as well, our uefa rank is rotten and although it might never change much I'd certainly prefer for hearts not to be playing euro games in July if and when we do get into Europe again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Personally I'll wish Aberdeen good luck tonight and I hope Celtic go through as well, our uefa rank is rotten and although it might never change much I'd certainly prefer for hearts not to be playing euro games in July if and when we do get into Europe again.

Aberdeen, meh. Celtic can go **** themselves.

Hearts First

So they can make even more millions to give us even bigger humpings and make our league more of a joke than it already is? Aye. Good thinking.

**** the both of them.

Personally I'll wish Aberdeen good luck tonight and I hope Celtic go through as well, our uefa rank is rotten 

Let's weigh-up some pro's and con's:

+

A couple of UEFA co-effeciency points (whoop-de-do)

-

Celtic bank several million quid to further increase the gap that exists with the rest of the SPFL.

+

-

Celtic bank several million quid to further increase the gap that exists with the rest of the SPFL.

In the grand scheme of things it's hardly going to matter a jot. 

Hearts First

In the grand scheme of things it's hardly going to matter a jot.

Except that it is. The more money they make, the bigger the gap will get. The less money they make (and a few seasons out of the CL group stages) the smaller the gap will get. Anything that puts less money into their coffers can only be good for the rest of us.

Except that it is. The more money they make, the bigger the gap will get. The less money they make (and a few seasons out of the CL group stages) the smaller the gap will get. Anything that puts less money into their coffers can only be good for the rest of us.

The gap is never going to be closed regardless.  Not making the CL groups isn't going to change this when you see 60,000 supporters there.  It won't get smaller at all. 

It is good for the rest of us, but it matters very little overall. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Get them to ferk & ram yer 200k a team handout.

Hearts First

The gap is never going to be closed regardless. Not making the CL groups isn't going to change this when you see 60,000 supporters there. It won't get smaller at all.

It is good for the rest of us, but it matters very little overall.

They very rarely get 60,000 these days and their crowds would plummet further without regular CL football.

They very rarely get 60,000 these days and their crowds would plummet further without regular CL football.

They have waiting lists for their season tickets.  Like I said, in my opinion it won't matter much in the grand scheme of things,  the only club that may be ever able to catch them or match them financially is new hun and they can gtf too.

William H. Bonney

The gap is irreversible. We're never catching Celtic.

I P Knightley

+

-

Another minus:

If the UEFA coefficient goes up, it may, in some small way, validate the way in which Scottish football is being administered, thereby giving Doncaster and Regan an opportunity to pat themselves on the back.

Hearts First

I know we will never be as big or rich but we could certainly close the gap. And a big help in closing that gap would be Celtic failing to make the CL group stages for a few years and having to tighten their belts and sell their better players.

Hearts First

They have waiting lists for their season tickets. Like I said, in my opinion it won't matter much in the grand scheme of things, the only club that may be ever able to catch them or match them financially is new hun and they can gtf too.

There is no waiting list for a Celtic ST. Any Celtic fan could buy one today if they wanted to.

Bazzas right boot

Who the **** cares about Celtic and Thier at sales.

Hearts First

Bottom of article states

Event is no longer in event list

so suggests full season tickets no longer available only special ( w/out Rangers)

So they are still available but without the Rangers games?

I said this on another thread. Hoping the hooped demons don't do too well in Euro competition and that by doing so, closing the financial gap is fantasy land stuff.

Hearts First

I said this on another thread. Hoping the hooped demons don't do too well in Euro competition and that by doing so, closing the financial gap is fantasy land stuff.

But it simply isn't fantasy land stuff. If they fail to make the CL group stages for a few years simple arithmetic tells you that they won't be as rich and the gap will close. It will still be massive but it will get smaller.

William H. Bonney

But it simply isn't fantasy land stuff. If they fail to make the CL group stages for a few years simple arithmetic tells you that they won't be as rich and the gap will close. It will still be massive but it will get smaller.

Not small enough. A pessimistic view I know but Celtic will never be in our sights.

Yep. All I have no is hate for the sympathisers and hope they get horsed off decent sides the way they do to clubs in Scotland. Champions league is meh as feck anyway.

No it won't get smaller. They will still make more money over the period.

Hearts First

No it won't get smaller. They will still make more money over the period.

They will always make more money, nobody is disputing that. What I am saying is a few seasons out of the CL would make our league a bit more competitive with Celtic having far less money to spend on top quality players.

Archived