Paterson to Cardiff?

Nightwing

queensferryjambo

Players don't want to be at the club just now. It's Leveins fault. It's his way or players can bolt.

Families don't like him either.

Nonsense - nothing to do with Levein or Hearts.

Paterson was always going to leave at the end of his contract nothing was going to stop him leaving.  

Paterson said this himself at this years shareholders POTY night. He said his intention was always to leave and try and prove himself at higher level and try to progress in the game.

Good luck to him. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

Nonsense - nothing to do with Levein or Hearts.

Paterson was always going to leave at the end of his contract nothing was going to stop him leaving.  

Paterson said this himself at this years shareholders POTY night. He said his intention was always to leave and try and prove himself at higher level and try to progress in the game.

Good luck to him. 

Its one of these things, I wish a club would have come in and paid good money for him so we got a big pay off and he got his big move. But it didn't, but he has played over 160 times for us so I dont begrudge him wanting to seek something new. At least we will get some money from development fees.

Livvyjambo

So in simple terms the players agent is the same as our manager and DOF and we still lose out ?

All the best if true.

I hope you make a full revovery.

You should have been given the captaincy IMO as you were the leader on the park.

Have a feeling he'll get found out at that level but hopefully he'll prove me wrong. Good luck Dr Funk.

Mid Calder Jambo

Arent they Sam's agent too?? Definitely a bit of a trend forming!

I didnt want to say that, but yes absolutely.  It is the agent and the DOF

A_A wehatethehibs

Even the pre injury Paterson would quickly get found out defensively down there. I still question whether defensively he was good enough for Hearts. No questions about the offensive side, the boy knows where the goal is.

400k is buttons to Cardiff, and it's decent money for us so we take it and move on.

We already have moved on from Calum, unfortunately we've moved on to abject shiteness.

stirlingshirejambo

Paterson wants to go down to England. He would have signed a new 1 year deal but we get more money for him now than a year down the line. He didn't want to sign a 2 year deal. The Rangers link is nonsense

If that's his wish someone should tell him Cardiffs in Wales and check with Cummings to see if he needs borrow his travel adaptors

the big show

So in simple terms the players agent is the same as our manager and DOF and we still lose out ?

Yes .. The sad part for me is they have known for over nearly a year and half that CP was not going to sign another deal as he made it clear to them .. They should have been doing everything possible to put him in the shop window etc etc and try and get as much as we could for him .  There is something not right when we are only getting a development fee for CP and i put out down to bad management .. Who else can we make accountable ? What else can you say when you are getting buttons for one of our most valuable assets .. personally speaking it's just another thing in the list you can file under Shambles ..

Unknown user

JC isn't his agent, JC is a director at the agency the agent works with. Not an accusation it is fact that his agent does not like Levein.

As I've said I'm not one that has been anti Cathro or Levein & continue to back them through till the first round of fixtures next season. So there's no agenda or conspiracy from me. Just passing on what I know.

According to key sports JC is a director and agent, but that's beside the point.

We're saying that an individual agent is allowing his personal distaste for Levein to affect his professional judgement, and that this is fine by CL'S old mate and that agent's boss?

I don't claim to know anything myself, but this seems to be unlikely innuendo to me

Caspian Primrose

I think its too soon for him. He still has lots too learn on the defensive side of his game (if he'd learn it at Hearts at this moment is a different matter). Cant see him ever playing at a higher level than where hes going.

This is the result of a DOF constantly badgering on about getting down south should be the ultimate goal. The fee is a joke.

Unknown user

Yes .. The sad part for me is they have known for over nearly a year and half that CP was not going to sign another deal as he made it clear to them .. They should have been doing everything possible to put him in the shop window etc etc and try and get as much as we could for him . There is something not right when we are only getting a development fee for CP and i put out down to bad management .. Who else can we make accountable ? What else can you say when you are getting buttons for one of our most valuable assets .. personally speaking it's just another thing in the list you can file under Shambles ..

Holy crap - you're putting the low fee down to Levein, and not the serious injury he got days before his seven figure move?

Some people see only what they want to see

fabienleclerq

Nonsense

A player who's contract was poorly managed . Cost us 7 figures

No one put up 7 figures when he was fit.

Unknown user

No one put up 7 figures when he was fit.

Wasn't it alluded to in PJ1's meeting with budge and Levein?

the big show

According to key sports JC is a director and agent, but that's beside the point.

We're saying that an individual agent is allowing his personal distaste for Levein to affect his professional judgement, and that this is fine by CL'S old mate and that agent's boss?

I don't claim to know anything myself, but this seems to be unlikely innuendo to me

IT is in the agents best interests to get the best deal possible for the player that coincides with the players wishes .. The thing is with CP he was a valuable asset to Hearts , However for some reason we have not made the best of what we had in selling him on bearing in mind they new long ago he was not signing another deal  ... 

Unknown user

IT is in the agents best interests to get the best deal possible for the player that coincides with the players wishes .. The thing is with CP he was a valuable asset to Hearts , However for some reason we have not made the best of what we had in selling him on bearing in mind they new long ago he was not signing another deal ...

It could be argued that we kept him as long as possible on a relatively low wage, getting as many games as possible out of him while still arranging a seven figure fee, which we were unlucky to lose out on.

What football fan thinks you should get rid of one of your best players as soon as possible instead of holding on as long as you can?

stirlingshirejambo

Holy crap - you're putting the low fee down to Levein, and not the serious injury he got days before his seven figure move?

Agenda mate agendas

This board is full of posters that will twist what they want

From memory we received bids for Callum which did not meet our valuation last summer

We refused them and Callum went on to have a great first half of the season

This led to an apparent offer exceeding those we had rejected at start of season

So in effect we were going to get more money when he had a shorter length of time left on his contract and we'd had half a season of him playing at a great level and being vital to the team

But hey hey ho let's blame the club

We can't force a player to sign a contract and if he's said for a year and a half he wouldn't not much we could do

If he hadn't got injured.... well we'll never know but least it given more ammo to the pitchfork brigade

Of course there have. Web errors along the way with some poor signings but not sure there much we could have done with this one

David McCaig

Wasn't it alluded to in PJ1's meeting with budge and Levein?

The person I knew that was at the meeting confirmed that we had accepted a 7 figure offer for Paterson.

This money was to be reinvested in 4 new signings all of which would have involved a transfer fee. Obviously, these deals fell through when CP was injured.

Coupled with Rossi moving on and Souttar being injured shortly after the winter break, we were left in a position of having to panic buy at the tail end of the winter transfer window... we all know how that has turned out.

This season has been a disaster but also one in which we've had incredibly bad luck as well.

the big show

Some people see only what they want to see .. AYE .. Nicholson , Paterson , Holt , Who's next eh Walker ... it mite just be coincidence though eh , Seven figure move ffs if they told us we were signing Messi would we all just suck that in like a top the range Dyson as well , They also told us we would sign quality over quantity wonder how that one went .. Without trying to be smart Smithee there is that much that has went on that  that it has got to the stage we cannot ignore it any more which is why we have so many voicing there opinions of disapproval ..

Unknown user

The person I knew that was at the meeting confirmed that we had accepted a 7 figure offer for Paterson.

This money was to be reinvested in 4 new signings all of which would have involved a transfer fee. Obviously, these deals fell through when CP was injured.

Coupled with Rossi moving on and Souttar being injured shortly after the winter break, we were left in a position of having to panic buy at the tail end of the winter transfer window... we all know how that as turned out.

This season has been a disaster but also one in which we've had incredibly bad luck as well.

Thanks for confirming :thumbsup:

David McCaig

Some people see only what they want to see .. AYE .. Nicholson , Paterson , Holt , Who's next eh Walker ... it mite just be coincidence though eh , Seven figure move ffs if they told us we were signing Messi would we all just suck that in like a top the range Dyson as well , They also told us we would sign quality over quantity wonder how that one went .. Without trying to be smart Smithee there is that much that has went on that that it has got to the stage we cannot ignore it any more which is why we have so many voicing there opinions of disapproval ..

The one player we have paid a transfer fee for is Goncalves and he has been excellent.

Martin hasn't really worked out yet, but it's interesting that he accepted a much lower wage than he was offered elsewhere in lieu of a longer deal.

At the Federation/Leven/Budge Meeting, CL also pointed that when the club signed Tziolis they thought they were getting a sure thing. I don't think anyone anticipated him being as poor as he has been... I was ready for putting a mosaic of him above my fireplace after the Rangers and Motherwell games -lol.

Unknown user

Some people see only what they want to see .. AYE .. Nicholson , Paterson , Holt , Who's next eh Walker ... it mite just be coincidence though eh , Seven figure move ffs if they told us we were signing Messi would we all just suck that in like a top the range Dyson as well , They also told us we would sign quality over quantity wonder how that one went .. Without trying to be smart Smithee there is that much that has went on that that it has got to the stage we cannot ignore it any more which is why we have so many voicing there opinions of disapproval ..

Enough with the word soup, focus on the point.

You said it's Levein's fault we didn't get a good fee- it's been confirmed that we turned down low bids in the summer, held on to our prized asset as long as possible and negotiated a seven figure deal when we couldn't keep him any longer.

An unlucky injury scuppered the deal, and if you blame Levein and think that's poor management, and I apologise for being so blunt, that tells me everything I need to know about your ability to analyse a situation dispassionately.

the big show

You said it's Levein's fault we didn't get a good fee- it's been confirmed that we turned down low bids in the summer, held on to our prized asset as long as possible and negotiated a seven figure deal when we couldn't keep him any longer.

An unlucky injury scuppered the deal, and if you blame Levein and think that's poor management, and I apologise for being so blunt, that tells me everything I need to know about your ability to analyse a situation dispassionately.

Bad management i said if you look .. we also turned down low bids because they were not much more than what we will get for a development fee for him ... jeez oh and that would really take Einstein to work out eh ... 

the big show

Analyse a situation dispassionately .. Kidding our self's on that a lot that has went on has been a utter shambles ignorance of it can come back to bite .. 

Seven figures offered by West Ham?

Which makes the Cardiff deal a wee bit bizarre that Callum isn't holding out a wee but longer.

Then again he's onto his 3rd serious injury so maybe isn't in the position to take too many chances.

Unknown user

Bad management i said if you look .. we also turned down low bids because they were not much more than what we will get for a development fee for him ... jeez oh and that would really take Einstein to work out eh ...

Well I was talking about Levein and the allegation that CP's agent has a problem with him when you jumped in. If you're not talking about Levein, Director of Football, who are you talking about when you say bad management?

Unknown user

Seven figures offered by West Ham?

Which makes the Cardiff deal a wee bit bizarre that Callum isn't holding out a wee but longer.

Then again he's onto his 3rd serious injury so maybe isn't in the position to take too many chances.

I think it was West ham, but I don't remember tbh. I guess he's keen to get his future sorted, soon he'll be having to pay for his own recuperation.

Unknown user

Analyse a situation dispassionately .. Kidding our self's on that a lot that has went on has been a utter shambles ignorance of it can come back to bite ..

I rest my case

Some people see only what they want to see .. AYE .. Nicholson , Paterson , Holt , Who's next eh Walker ... it mite just be coincidence though eh , Seven figure move ffs if they told us we were signing Messi would we all just suck that in like a top the range Dyson as well , They also told us we would sign quality over quantity wonder how that one went .. Without trying to be smart Smithee there is that much that has went on that  that it has got to the stage we cannot ignore it any more which is why we have so many voicing there opinions of disapproval ..

Walker still has a year to run on his contract.  Would you sell him now and take what you can for him or would you keep him and hope he signs a new contract?

Have a feeling he'll get found out at that level but hopefully he'll prove me wrong. Good luck Dr Funk.

A lot will depend on the formation Cardiff play. I have no idea what they do currently but if they were to play a 3-5-2 or something similar then I think he will do really well.

This system allows the windg backs to attack more and although they still have to defend there is less responsibilty on them with the three centre backs.

Callum as we all know is a threat going forward and good in the air at set pieces.

I wish him all the best and hope he contunues to get game time with the National Squad once back fully fit.

3fingersreid

Best of luck to the guy if he goes down south and tries his luck there , not to sure I'd say the same if as its been suggested in today's rags that rangers are chasing his signature .

All the best if true.

I hope you make a full revovery.

You should have been given the captaincy IMO as you were the leader on the park.

He was given the captaincy on occasion and he played shit every time. You don't lead by berating your team mates.

He was given the captaincy on occasion and he played shit every time. You don't lead by berating your team mates.

Apart from the 4-0 win at Partick perhaps you missed

Your entitled to your opinion but he always gave 100% unlike most of those recently.

Walker still has a year to run on his contract. Would you sell him now and take what you can for him or would you keep him and hope he signs a new contract?

If Walker has made it clear he definitely won't sign for us, I would sell him.

I would also be concerned about another player wanting to leave, when our main strategy was to sell our best players for good transfer fees. And repeat.

So far, we have only done that once, and in some cases we have had to pay players to leave instead.

Our crap ones either won't leave, or we have to pay them to, whilst our better ones don't want to stay and allow us to follow our strategy.

Your entitled to your opinion but he always gave 100% unlike most of those recently.

I don't disagree - a good captain needs more though.

This is the result of a DOF constantly badgering on about getting down south should be the ultimate goal. 

Got any examples of our DofF badgering on about this?

I think it was West ham, but I don't remember tbh. I guess he's keen to get his future sorted, soon he'll be having to pay for his own recuperation.

West Ham were close to making an offer, but he got injured before an actual offer was made, so we didn't really miss out on a big offer. It was just unfortunate timing, otherwise we probably would have had a good offer.

I was told over a year ago that he would t be signing a new deal with Hearts. I had hoped he would sign a years extension following his injury and potentially move next winter, but wasn't going to happen.

For the record I didn't say it was Leveins fault, only that the agent really doesn't like him.

jamboy1982
Scottish media are desperate for rangers to start buying up the other teams best players, just like the good old days. They're desperate for them to sign Ryan jack and kenny McLean, Doubt they will tho.

There is more chance if is beating Celtic today 4-0 than Paterson signing for Rangers

Seymour M Hersh

From Jan onwards I believe that's correct.

Anytime within the last 6 months of a contract whenever that happens to end iirc.

If Walker has made it clear he definitely won't sign for us, I would sell him.

I would also be concerned about another player wanting to leave, when our main strategy was to sell our best players for good transfer fees. And repeat.

So far, we have only done that once, and in some cases we have had to pay players to leave instead.

Our crap ones either won't leave, or we have to pay them to, whilst our better ones don't want to stay and allow us to follow our strategy.

At what price would you sell him?

And if you were offered nowhere near that that price what would you do? (Please bear in mind that when Walker's contract expires he will be 24)

Seymour M Hersh

He's been down in Cardiff for the last couple of days. Surprised he's joining them to be honest but good luck to him.

Hasn't the penguin (cummings) been in Cardiff as well? They were taking the piss out of him on Off the Ball yesterday about taking an international adapter with him to Cardiff. 

Seymour M Hersh

Why?

Patterson was never going to sign an extension. He wanted away. We're it not for injury we may have got twice, three times what we will get in a development fee, but he got injured so everyone list out.

In what way is that the fault of Levein etc?

Because everything is Levein's fault Boris. C'mon get with the programme!! 

Seymour M Hersh

JC isn't his agent, JC is a director at the agency the agent works with. Not an accusation it is fact that his agent does not like Levein.

As I've said I'm not one that has been anti Cathro or Levein & continue to back them through till the first round of fixtures next season. So there's no agenda or conspiracy from me. Just passing on what I know.

If that is correct then surely the Directors of that company would have an issue with an employee (the mysteriously un-named agent you refer to) alienating I good client and potentially losing future business.

If that is correct then surely the Directors of that company would have an issue with an employee (the mysteriously un-named agent you refer to) alienating I good client and potentially losing future business.

Not sure I don't know the directors. Fact is he's still looking after his client really.

Archived