Hearts supporter loses job for taking 5-1 picture with Lennon

queensferryjambo

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In keeping with the current JKB thinking we should totally forget about it, it was just another game. We should be ashamed for even mentioning it, such is the irrelevance. I

mean H1B5 are so much more amazeballs than us, we should be embarrassed that they've not even been in the same league as us for the last three years (I'm including the year Jobbie Weebum fluked the league by March -

He's a disgrace and should've gifted the league to H1B5). We should apologise for 22 in a row, 17 in a row, 5-1, 4-0...they all mean nothing.

Aye ****ing right, **** those H1B5 *****, including the many sad H1B5 ***** who post bullshit on here, lapped up by the sad ***** on here. *****.

That's today's world. If you do anything that can be linked to your work it can come back to bite you, if it goes on social media there is more chance of you getting collared.

It is however particularly pathetic of someone in a high profile position to complain about it.

Finally as I know hobos who weren't born in 1973 who have 7 0 themed email addresses I'll not be stopping 5 1 ing any time soon, the more trivial and childish the better as it seems to piss them off more. FTH

queensferryjambo

I heard about this and saw the picture a couple of weeks ago but up until now never saw anything posted publicly.

It is now on social media with a message from the guys wife that I cannot post due to the language.  Link to the message - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1450880318305553&set=pcb.1450880341638884&type=3&theater

Appears Jason Cummings was cool and had a laugh. Mr Lennon and Hibs made formal complaint and took it further.

I believe the Hearts supporter was asked to resign rather than getting a sacking on his record. Think the problem was he was wearing his work branded clothes with company name in the pictures.

I am sure (in kickback tradition) there will be varying opinions on this. My own opinion is it was just a bit of fun and his company are being a bit over the top.

Pictures - 

18342615_1450880314972220_10128074535941

Seymour M Hersh

If accurate I wonder why the vermin felt the need to "take it further"? Oh wait.......they're vermin.

Lennon is an unstable angry individual, absolutely no surprise he was unable to see the light hearted nature of it.

...a bit disco

Thought they were over it after last year?

Elias Henry Furst

Should have made the sacking worthwhile and gave him something to really cry about.

**** well suited in a club full of *****.

Nucky Thompson

Off course Jason took it well, he's a Jambo and has done the same in the past.

Lennon is a bitter, Hearts hating, republican smelly tramp.

Hibs are over it though :rofl:

If this is true, quite an overreaction from Lennon. Seems to be taking it really personally, rather than realising it's just a bit of harmless banter because of the club he manages...

It's a fecking scoreline!

MacDonald Jardine

I heard about this and saw the picture a couple of weeks ago but up until now never saw anything posted publicly.

It is now on social media with a message from the guys wife that I cannot post due to the language. Link to the message - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1450880318305553&set=pcb.1450880341638884&type=3&theater

Appears Jason Cummings was cool and had a laugh. Mr Lennon and Hibs made formal complaint and took it further.

I believe the Hearts supporter was asked to resign rather than getting a sacking on his record. Think the problem was he was wearing his work branded clothes with company name in the pictures.

I am sure (in kickback tradition) there will be varying opinions on this. My own opinion is it was just a bit of fun and his company are being a bit over the top.

Pictures -

18342615_1450880314972220_10128074535941

If true it's absolutely pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

queensferryjambo

If accurate I wonder why the vermin felt the need to "take it further"? Oh wait.......they're vermin.

Being Devil's Advocate maybe Neil Lennon is just sick and tired of this kind of stuff - he has been in multiple pictures over the years with people being nice to his face but doing something else behind his back. Although a wee 5-1 is hardly the worst thing anyone can do to you.

A5q3c7sCUAArVog.jpg

Jambosammy

Lennon is a *****. Imagine costing the poor guy his job because of a photo? What a bellend.

Benny Factor

Being Devil's Advocate maybe Neil Lennon is just sick and tired of this kind of stuff - he has been in multiple pictures over the years with people being nice to his face but doing something else behind his back. Although a wee 5-1 is hardly the worst thing anyone can do to you.

A5q3c7sCUAArVog.jpg

Factual information on that piece of paper. :)

Looks like Hamilton races?

A5q3c7sCUAArVog.jpg

:rofl: that's class.

oh ah grantona

The 5-1 stuff is bad

Yes do it with players involved at the time and if we had lauded it over them ever since but 5-1 is now like their 0-7 I'd rather smash them every game than hold onto 1 win.

At the Skacel tribute night a group had a picture with Pospisil and they were all like do the 5

Pospisil responded with but I only won 4-0 v Hibs

vegas-voss

Pathetic he doesn't even look like he is bothered about it in the pic as he clearly can see the guy doing it for to then make a man lose his job is really bad.

Van Wilder

Surely you could take that to a tribunal?

There can't be a being a bit of a bellend clause in your contract.

Plus.. His management should have kicked Lennon out for entering without paying..

Lennon spitting the dummy over this (bearing in mind he was f all to do with the scum at that time as well) has really lowered my opinion of him.

Not sure what the next step down is mind you since my opinion of him was a *****

If Lennon and Hibs made a formal complaint that has resulted in a man losing his job I'd be appalled. It was banter, nothing malicious. If there was no banter in football it would be dull as ****.

He's so suited to the tramps. No way the guy should lose his job.

:thumbsup:

Folk still doing the 5-1 patter?

I did think that too. 5 years ago now, surely time to move on.

hmfc_liam06

I did think that too. 5 years ago now, surely time to move on.

Great at the time, all very Hibernian now if you ask me.

Seymour M Hersh

In keeping with the current JKB thinking we should totally forget about it, it was just another game. We should be ashamed for even mentioning it, such is the irrelevance. I

mean H1B5 are so much more amazeballs than us, we should be embarrassed that they've not even been in the same league as us for the last three years (I'm including the year Jobbie Weebum fluked the league by March -

He's a disgrace and should've gifted the league to H1B5). We should apologise for 22 in a row, 17 in a row, 5-1, 4-0...they all mean nothing.

Aye ******* right, **** those H1B5 *****, including the many sad H1B5 ***** who post bullshit on here, lapped up by the sad ***** on here. *****.

:fth:  :spoton:  :pleasingao:

queensferryjambo

I'm sceptical about many parts of that story.

Not sure why his wife would post this story so publicly online and state Lennon reported her husband if he never.

The posts by the guys wife are on facebook today and she isn't holding back and she is asking people to share the story. I would doubt she would do so if she didn't believe her posts to be true.

I was shown the picture and told the same story at the Hearts Shareholders meeting on the 27th of April. The Hibs player of the year awards were on the 23rd of April so there is obviously the possibility his company were made aware of the pictures in between times rather than on the night IF they were posted online.

Out of interest what part of the story are you sceptical about? 

They seem to be still pretty sore about it.

I know people who know the guys wife and there is no hint of bullshit apparently.

I know people who know people who know other people who know the guy's wife's cousin, too.

Most employers have a social media policy, so you have to be very careful that you don't link your work with your posts, or someone else does for you.

If it is true, it is still a bit of an over reaction, but I don't see the need for Neil Lennon to be the victim, when he wa not even involved with Hibs at the time. For the same reason, I don't see why he got so upset.

I wouldn't share the wife's the post though. It is appalling, and the language is awful. She could have easily got her message across in a far more grown up and proper way. She will be doing her husband no favours with her colourful language and name calling.

Great at the time, all very Hibernian now if you ask me.

Sorry can you explain why reminding the scum that they were beaten 5-1 in the biggest derby in history is 'all very Hibernian'?

...a bit disco

Not sure why his wife would post this story so publicly online and state Lennon reported her husband if he never.

The posts by the guys wife are on facebook today and she isn't holding back and she is asking people to share the story. I would doubt she would do so if she didn't believe her posts to be true.

I was shown the picture and told the same story at the Hearts Shareholders meeting on the 27th of April. The Hibs player of the year awards were on the 23rd of April so there is obviously the possibility his company were made aware of the pictures in between times rather than on the night IF they were posted online.

Out of interest what part of the story are you sceptical about? 

I know people who know the guys wife and there is no hint of bullshit apparently.

Mars plastic

Correct. My hibs pals couldn't give a stuff about it after last year. Thanks for that neilson you scruffy tramp.

hmfc_liam06

Sorry can you explain why reminding the scum that they were beaten 5-1 in the biggest derby in history is 'all very Hibernian'?

7-0, the fact they constantly go on about it meanwhile we go on to dominate derbies.

It's cringey as.

All for it still being rubbed in to Hibs fans, but I'm not sure why Lennon would need to be reminded of a scoreline that had absolutely nothing to do with him.

Strange stuff.

So basically Neil Lennon and Hibs have put a guy and his family in complete turmoil for a hand signal....

buzzbomb1958

It's ok for the vermin to have racists,junkies and IRA supporting scum play for them though,just shows how much that result will haunt them forever

joondalupjambo

That's today's world. If you do anything that can be linked to your work it can come back to bite you, if it goes on social media there is more chance of you getting collared.

It is however particularly pathetic of someone in a high profile position to complain about it.

Agree entirely with your first point and as somebody who has had to develop, and introduce social media usage policies into companies, nobody today should do anyting at all that links their work or employer to Facebook posts that contains obscene language for example.

I would want to see evidence of the report before I would comment on how vaild it is that Lennon initiated the complaint.  Given the photo has a companies name on a work top, a second company, Hibernian FC, having one of their employees "set up" and then a post full of bad language that links in some way to both those companies, then there would be grounds to take action against the individual involved by a number of people.

However in reality surely the employee would have to be subject to an Human Resource process, should'nt they?  A verbal warning for a first problem, a written for a second and only a third to end employment.  Is that not the law? 

Guess folk need to consider that posting anything anywhere near your company name, without their consent, could mean the risk is just too great, it could cost you your livelihood.  If you do it, and get pulled up about it, at least be ready to have a defence of your actions.

Ludicrous!

As for those saying the 5-1 gesture should be stopped: :gok: bitch please

Effervesance

Agree entirely with your first point and as somebody who has had to develop, and introduce social media usage policies into companies, nobody today should do anyting at all that links their work or employer to Facebook posts that contains obscene language for example.

I would want to see evidence of the report before I would comment on how vaild it is that Lennon initiated the complaint. Given the photo has a companies name on a work top, a second company, Hibernian FC, having one of their employees "set up" and then a post full of bad language that links in some way to both those companies, then there would be grounds to take action against the individual involved by a number of people.

However in reality surely the employee would have to be subject to an Human Resource process, should'nt they? A verbal warning for a first problem, a written for a second and only a third to end employment. Is that not the law?

Guess folk need to consider that posting anything anywhere near your company name, without their consent, could mean the risk is just too great, it could cost you your livelihood. If you do it, and get pulled up about it, at least be ready to have a defence of your actions.

Would they class it as gross misconduct? Maybe not the 5-1 gesture but post put out by the partner? That certainly harms the company "image" as they'd like to see it.

Is it a sackable offence? Probably not, a written warning would have sufficed but no doubt his wife's post got many shares and has worked out to his detriment.

Both guilty of crass stupidity more than anything else.

Mars plastic

Ludicrous!

As for those saying the 5-1 gesture should be stopped: :gok: bitch please

Folk still doing it only embarrass themselves.

Archived